[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is IBO the only Gundam storyline with no UNDERSTANDING? It has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

File: 1491134113563.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491134113563.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
Is IBO the only Gundam storyline with no UNDERSTANDING? It has been a couple of weeks now and I have to say IBO was good as it was realistic like how early UC timeline was - sans UNDERSTANDING.

It has more of an early Tomino feel to it compared to all the trash after. It was enjoyable, dark and realistic. The sales aren't too bad too. I hope Sunrise sticks to this formula now.
>>
>>15429722
kudelia sugoi was UNDERSTANDING though
>>
>>15429722

Actually there is a component of UNDERSTANDING, but it's generally not obsessed by it. For that matter everyone seems to understand what the other faction wants but this has no influence on the outcome. It's not a deconstruction or anything, it's just a simple story of conflict.
>>
There isn't much Gundam with UNDERSTANDING.
People keep mixing up understanding and UNDERSTANDING. The former is coming to a mutual agreement on the premise that people don't want to fight anymore, the latter is straight up using psychic magic to have everyone make peace with each other in a really contrived way, which doesn't happen that often really (just the latter parts of 00 and CCA).
>>
>>15429738
and unicorn
>>
>>15429738
>the latter is straight up using psychic magic to have everyone make peace with each other in a really contrived way, which doesn't happen that often really (just the latter parts of 00 and CCA).
Don't forget Unicorn, too.
>>
>>15429738
And the godawful final AGE arc.
>>
>>15429722
Well, after the whole Choco x Tekkadan coup thing Rustal understood that shit like child slavery and Mars being a colony with no rule of law only creates chaos, so he reformed Gjallarhorn and pushed for Martian independence.
>>
>>15429772
That's not UNDERSTANDING

see
>>15429738
>>
>>15429722
I don't remember the scene where Rustal looked this fucking evil
>>
>>15429772
>Rustal understood that shit like child slavery and Mars being a colony with no rule of law only creates chaos,
This never happens
>>
>>15429722
>Is IBO the only Gundam storyline with no UNDERSTANDING?
No you're just a huge fucking idiot
> It has been a couple of weeks now and I have to say IBO was good as it was realistic like how early UC timeline was - sans UNDERSTANDING.
Yep a fucking idiot with shit taste to boot
>It has more of an early Tomino feel to it compared to all the trash after.
You know Zeta Gundam ends with Axis winning both the AEUG and Titans decimated and the protagonist left as a brain fryed retard right? In IBO pretty much everything works out too well for everyone in the end which is no where near as dark as anything Tomino does nor does it captures Tomino's feel (he pretty much would have killed everyone in GH since they were apart of the problem)
>It was enjoyable, dark and realistic.
I sense ANN present

Anyways Japs hated the ending so whatever the hell IBO was trying to do we won't be seeing more of it that's for sure.

>>15429772
>Rustal understood that shit like child slavery and Mars being a colony with no rule of law only creates chaos
At no point does that happen in fact almost everyone says that his heel face turn is just for him to stay in a position of power rather than anything that transpired with McGillis and Tekkadan.
>>
>>15429722
Why are IBO fags so dumb?
>>
>>15429942
>At no point does that happen in fact almost everyone says that his heel face turn is just for him to stay in a position of power rather than anything that transpired with McGillis and Tekkadan.
And we've got no proof either way in the show. All we know is that he made a world more like what McGillis talked about than what McGillis was ever going to make.
>>
>>15430005
>And we've got no proof either way in the show
That just happens to be the most sensible answer because his heel face turn makes no sense otherwise.
>All we know is that he made a world more like what McGillis talked about than what McGillis was ever going to make.
And we've got no proof either way since McGillis plan was based on a fucking fairy tail and Rustal already called McGillis a retard so why would he care? The world as it is now is more what Tekkadan wanted than McGillis and it wasn't thanks to Rustal but the combine efforts of everyone being fed up with Mars and the only reason why Rustal reformed GH is because the Seven Stars disbanded so he would have no power otherwise unless he made changes to it. Really the only loser in all this is McGillis
>>
>>15429722
>IBO was good
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>15429722
>realistic
Define it.
Cynical worldview is not realism.

>Is IBO the only Gundam storyline with no UNDERSTANDING?

No.
>Gundam 0083
>Zeta Gundam
>ZZ Gundam
>0080 War in picket
>F91
>Victory Gundam
>G Gundam
>Gundam Wing
>>
>>15429722
Which is part of the reason Destiny is superior in every way.
>>
>>15429972
They are not true gundam fans
>>
>>15430096
>0083
>no understanding
>imblying that Nina doesn't understand Gato's cock
>>
>>15430110
They are the original Gundam fans.
>>
>>15430205
Nagai, go back to sucking Madhouse cock,
>>
>>15429738
I wouldn't call CCA UNDERSTANDING since it was more of the desperation of the situation on both sides making a few Zekes understand the gravity of their actions in the last seconds.

Though the entire Quess subplot should die in a fire.
>>
>>15429722
Why does he look like a Saturday morning villain?
>>
>>15430229
because it was
>>
>>15430096
>Zeta
>No understanding
>Implying the reason why Kamile smash Sciroco to death isn't because he's understand what a terrible human being Sciroco is.
>>
File: zeta-understanding.jpg (120KB, 984x720px) Image search: [Google]
zeta-understanding.jpg
120KB, 984x720px
>>15430096
>>
Rustal releasing Mars wasn't UNDERSTANDING, Mars was literally a colonized place. Many countries release colonies not due to understanding but because of cost effectiveness. Rustal had to reform the structure of power and centralize it for Earth, and Mars already had given them a shit ton of trouble. He didn't want more and more bullshit to pop up after Tek and McGillis or anybody to ride that wave, and Julietta already confirmed Kudelia working with him and him working with Kudelia was more of Teiwaz's influence.

It also makes sense for him to get rid of human debris. Mars only useful resource are its metals for Earth, and if he cannot profit off the space trafficking that makes it lawless and easy to plunder said metals, no point in having human debris around anymore and it's suddenly a tragedy.
>>
>>15430324
>Rustal had to
What point in the story said this?

Oh right it is a bunch of assumptions
>>
>>15430335

Maybe you should 'pay attention' to unstated things.

It's what you idiots tell other to do for G-Reco, anyway.
>>
>>15430335
He had lost three of the Sevenstars families and already saw that their existence led to unrest and rebellion even within Gjallarhorn. He's logical and it makes sense for his character to do away with that archaic aspect of it. If things are down to a vote, no one can say they're tyrants. He was literally seen as a war hero because of the media so of course he'd be voted leader.
>>
>>15429722
Why Rustal Elion with Evil teeth didn't appeared in the series? I mean, they hyped us about it thinking he's the bad guy!
>>
>>15429738
Turn A is pure UNDERSTANDING, Gym only died because he couldn't UNDERSTAND
>>
>>15430356
>b-b-but greco
though so

>>15430362
Yes that is a bunch of assumptions. I could just as easily say that oh actually he wanted this all along but on his terms, that that actually he was forced into this when his real plan was to be a dictator or actually he is a dictator as a democracy on this scale couldn't function. This shit isn't hard, you can make up reasons between any two random points and make them sound reasonable especially when you lack real information.

You are just bullshitting.
>>
>>15430391
So Rustal just had a change of heart for no apparent reason because they needed to wrap the story up. Okay. I really don't care either way since I was just trying by hardest to give Okada the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>15430391
No, because what you said is not contradicting what I said. A dude literally being the equivalent of Earth president is technically a dictator, but he was voted in and there are parliamentary members so it looks like all i fair game. The show stated for us that the reason why he released Mars from colonization and why Kudelia works with him with her tail between her legs is because of Teiwaz and the influence the mafia has over them all.
>>
>>15430368
Because they decided to change the whole story half way into the second season.
>>
>>15430404

Don't worry about him, he prefers being spoon-fed.
>>
>>15430115
Happens years prior to the first episode of the series, hence dosen't counts
>>15430303
>didn't understood the extent of his newtype powers
No wonder he was a veggie near the end
>>15430316
But the story says otherwise.
>>
Understanding came, just after the fact in the epilogue.
>>
>>15430335
The uprisings in the colonies? McGillis? It's literally fed to you that they can't keep shit under control anymore without giving some ground, if some lone group of child-soldiers could be a threat to them then what would happen after all of mars rose up?
>>
>>15429722
UNDASTANDING was really only 00 trying and failing, utterly tripping over and falling down every single stair on a spiral staircase in the tower of concepts in a piss poor attempt at emulating First Gundam's message, which was never about UNDASTANDING but more in like with Nietszche's concept of the ubermensch.
>>
>>15429799
It was an episode preview.

They changed the ending to be more light hearted so this is probably one of the few missing scenes where he clearly defines his end goals for DEMOCRACY.
>>
>>15429722
MUH FAMILY is a type of understanding anyway.
>>
>>15429738

Don't compare CCA and 00. The point of CCA was that Char was wrong: He was like 'Humanity is fucked, because we're stuck in a rut. Even Newtypes are merely a weapon of war.'

Amuro's argument is that "You don't know that, because one day we have the potential to be something more. Newtypes are just the herald of things to come."

See, up until this point, Newtype shit is fairly subtle. It's like the Force, mostly telepathic and some displays of telekinesis that are coincidental. But Amuro pulled off a genuine, no-shit miracle.

Basically, that should've been the end of UC Gundam, because the world has been saved by an act of God. Amuro did the impossible, and it was a sign of what humanity can become. You could leave things there with a general "And now, everything's going to be all right. Eventually, because one day we'll reach that point."

00, however, has the particles resolve everyone's problems immediately. They even cure cancer. That's really sort of bullshit.

For Unicorn, I got nuthin'. Me, I say that Unicorn just aped UC's themes without really understanding them (Witness Banagher channeling the power of the Psychoframe for the miraculous act of pulling two ships together) but perhaps I'm just being cynical.
>>
>>15431602
they need to release director's cut alternate ending

seems like it was gonna be such a haedcore ending
>>
IBO is the opposite of UNDERSTANDING, Tekkadan might as well have joined with Rustal if they knew that they had the same aims.
>>
>>15432523

It's unlikely. Rustal does not want them as allies.

Remember, this is a world where Gaelio, after killing McGillis, goes "I'd rather be crippled than have this piece of metal in me for a moment longer. You hear me? I'd rather be a cripple."

Rustal would never have accepted them. It was McGillis or the highway.
>>
>>15432523
Orga offered to surrender McGillis and himself as sacrifice to end the conflict, but Rustal refused because he wanted to punish every last person in Tekkadan as examples of not to fuck with him.
>>
>>15432748
That was after Tekkadan supported McGillis coup and tried to snipe his ship.
>>
>>15432748

This >>15432782

Even during the fleet battle Rustal says some shit about showing mercy if McGillis would surrender, to himself of course. Actually I think it was more like, because you didn't surrender I won't show any mercy but close enough.
>>
>>15431602
I don't get why they want Rustal to appear evil. You see, he's a pragmatic leader; he believes in the present status quo, do what's necessary to preserve what he perceives is right.

I don't get why McGillis hates him so much. With that being said, I could say McGillis is the twisted guy here and Tekkadan is just lured by his charisma and delusion.
>>
>>15432837
I don't think McGillis ever hated Rustal specifically. He was just the main guy in his way of getting what he wanted.
>>
if you use UNDERSTANDING un-ironically and you're not referring to 00, you're probably a complete idiot who lacks critical thinking skills and can probably only engage with a plot that has a comprehension level that's intended for a sesame street demographic
>>
>>15429744
and ZZ
>>
>>15432837
>You see, he's a pragmatic leader; he believes in the present status quo, do what's necessary to preserve what he perceives is right.
So starting up a war between two economic blocs (which very much was not status quo) and having his under-the-table merc buddy prolong it is just him doing what's right?

>I don't get why McGillis hates him so much.
In addition to the above, remember Gjallarhorn's actual status quo was flagrant abuse of power (like, for example, unrestrained pederasty) and stomping on anything that presented the slightest threat to that power, even if it violated their own laws. THAT is what Rustal represented up until the very end of the series.

Remember that war mentioned above? It was started not for any actual greater good, just to try and reduce McGillis' standing. I guess all that talk of Rustal caring more about merit than position was bullshit, given he did went out of his way to screw McGillis while coddling Iok as long as possible.
>>
>>15432875
Oh please. Go fuck yourself.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.