[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keiji Inafune, creator of Mega Man and the Mega Man series commissions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1491898610341[1].jpg (123KB, 338x399px) Image search: [Google]
1491898610341[1].jpg
123KB, 338x399px
Keiji Inafune, creator of Mega Man and the Mega Man series commissions you to reboot the franchise with a new series based around the best features of the classic and X series

What are your core picks and vetoes?
>>
File: kek.gif (471KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
471KB, 500x250px
>>15422698
>creator of Mega Man and the Mega Man series
>>
>>15422698
>Nothing from X
Done
>>
>>15422705
It's a "retard thinks X wasn't better in every conceivable way" episode
>>
It should have robots.

With gimmicks.

And fruity flavor colors.
>>
Mega Man Zero 5 for PS4 and PC

Classic Mega Man was actually shit and people only like it because of nostalgia, X was good but inferior to Zero and ZX in every way
>>
>>15422698
Legend 3 ;_;
>>
>>15422698
I mean.... i don't think you can do much more with this groundwork that ZX/A hasn't perfected already.
>>
>>15422708
Completely different design, even on a fundamental level. Yeah X being able to dash and wall jump means he's more mobile and more powerful, but if you put X in Classic's stages, you don't get a better game. More features and mechanics can make a deeper game but not one that is inherently better. X was more about the action and fighting, and Classic more about platforming. I mean, dash jumps, air dashes in later games, and the ability to scale any wall kind of puts a damper on what challenges you can pose to the player as a platformer.

Not to mention the X series piled on loads of total garbage as it progressed.
>>
>>15422698
He can design
>>
>>15422852
plot isn't unsalvageable though. just have to explain what happens after X8, between the X series and Zero, and problem solved.

would you use original japanese maverick names or continue to make guns and roses references with their names?

should we bring back Vile?

what's the canonical status of Maverick Hunter X?

Sigma is really dead? shouldn't be hard to retcon that, X has always been about X, Zero and Sigma
>>
SMEGMA MAN
>>
>>15422852
Just like classic
>>
>>15422793
True.
Even if Zero wasn't flawless it's still the best Mega man

Battle network never existed...
>>
>>15422698
What a dumb looking robot.
>>
>creator of Mega Man and the Mega Man series

This is typically used as bait so you're either baiting or somehow really ignorant
>>
File: Beckart_04Weaponnn.png (127KB, 417x599px) Image search: [Google]
Beckart_04Weaponnn.png
127KB, 417x599px
>>15426390
He can.
>>
>>15422852
>X was more about the action and fighting, and Classic more about platforming. I mean, dash jumps, air dashes in later games, and the ability to scale any wall kind of puts a damper on what challenges you can pose to the player as a platformer.

I'd argue the opposite. They killed a certain type of unpopular forced platform puzzle (use vanish blocks to climb up a wall), but they opened up a lot more ways to platform as they had a much wider spread of jump distances and jump positions to play with.

The better design bosses in X were often close to platforming puzzles in how you dodged attacks due to the ability to use the walls as a platform. Most classic bosses were about figuring out the jump timings to dodge attacks rather than how to dodge the attacks.
>>
>>15422698
Megaman zero 5

Done by platinum games
>>
>>15433365
So you want Vanquish 2 then?
>>
>>15433497
Well, it had dash and copying weapons.
>>
File: 1446684826681.webm (3MB, 1138x640px) Image search: [Google]
1446684826681.webm
3MB, 1138x640px
>>15433497
Do you not?
>>
>>15422698
>Keiji Inafune
>Creator of Megaman

Stopped reading right there.
Seriously, do a minimum of research first.
Fucking underage.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.