[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't mind the app gimmick and premise but >those annoying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 14

File: Digimon Universe App.jpg (199KB, 461x650px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon Universe App.jpg
199KB, 461x650px
Don't mind the app gimmick and premise but
>those annoying catchphrases of his friends
>the god awful designs for all the appmon
>the irritating ear splitting voice from the app driver
>the terrible soundtrack
>why bother with the love interest angle if she'll appear for five minutes in the entire series
>Super and Ultimate Evolutions just sort of happen with little buildup and fanfare
>Questionable cgi for the human faces like the appmon girl

This is considered the worst digimin show right?
>>
File: PLqgqvw.jpg (796KB, 608x1070px) Image search: [Google]
PLqgqvw.jpg
796KB, 608x1070px
kys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPks36FOmaU
>>
>>15422153
>This is considered the worst digimin show right?
Haven't seen it, but I'd say Young Hunters is probably still worse
>>
>>15422153

>super and ultimate evolutions happen with little fanfare

so you didn't watch the Globemon episode, okay
>>
>>15422162
What a little fuccboi.
>>
File: Appter.jpg (374KB, 2103x1151px) Image search: [Google]
Appter.jpg
374KB, 2103x1151px
>it's a idol episode
>>
>>15422153
>those annoying catchphrases of his friends
Astra's isn't super terrible but it's long since gotten old. I fucking hate Eri's though and it makes my skin crawl.
They get alright once you start hitting Super and Ultimate designs have had some pretty fun looking ones. The problem is the child forms all look like fucking Yokai Watch.
I hate the seven codes shit, thank god we will never hear that again. I also dislike that they have to introduce whatever evolution EVERY TIME, even when we have seen it before. I like the appligattai sequence, though.
>the terrible soundtrack
It's hit and miss. So far the OPs and the second ED have been the only stand out tracks I liked.
>why bother with the love interest angle if she'll appear for five minutes in the entire series
The love interest angle really goes nowhere. Ai-chan is cute but weirdly I think they are going to ignore it until one random episode where they do it again. I also strangely feel they want to pair Haru and Eri.
>Super and Ultimate Evolutions just sort of happen with little buildup and fanfare
Super had a weird level of reverence for a while, Ultimate feels lame since its achieved via the same gimmick and they don't feel impressive when they show up despite many being overpowered.
The CGI for Super forms have mostly been questionable but Ultimates looked pretty good all around and had good frame rates.
No, I put it around Frontier in that it's not bad but I wouldn't exactly call it good. Appmon is playing it way too safe but it's just disinteresting, it's not offensively bad like 02 or YH.
>>
>>15423026
Wasn't YHs mostly just boring too? It was episodic with nothing happening most of the time.
>>
>>15423036
The episodes are not just boring they are mostly bad. Tagiru may be the single worst character in the franchise, the show became Pokemon, they make the previous hero and the digimon king play second fiddle to two jackasses, the cast constantly has to tell you Tagiru is likable and hope you fall for it, the action is mostly bad, they made Xros evolution absolutely retarded, character motivations don't make sense, it had EVERY protagonist come back and tell you how much you should like Tagiru, the rival squad are obnoxious and nothing they do makes sense, there's so many faults in YH that it's beyond boring it's genuinely awful.

I try to come up with positives and negatives with YH and consistently one of the few positives I can give it is "it's only 25 episodes."
>>
>>15422153

Past the basic level pretty much anything looks good. Except hackmon's line.
You get used to that. I dont mind the voice as much as the sounds being boring.
Is this your first kid show?
You clearly havent watched it.
Imo, the main issue is that they dont use cgi to their full extent.
Havent watched xros and yh but its better than 02 and possibly frontier and savers depending on how it ends. Its pretty good.
>>
>>15423069
>Havent watched xros and yh but its better than 02 and possibly frontier and savers depending on how it ends. Its pretty good.
>Savers
It's going to have to work its ass off to do that since its not even in the ball park is being as good.

Also you should watch Xros it's pretty good, just stop at the finale you don't need to watch YH except for franchise completionist sake.
>>
File: latest.png (309KB, 636x357px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
309KB, 636x357px
>>15423026
>I fucking hate Eri's though and it makes my skin crawl.
>Hating on the center of the universe Karan Eri-sama
For that remark you will get a hundred DOKKAN PANCHI YO!
>>
File: 1491685387809.png (365KB, 945x667px) Image search: [Google]
1491685387809.png
365KB, 945x667px
>>15423162
>>
>people don't like the Standard Grade Appmon but think that the Super Grade ones look good
>>
File: IMG_0353.jpg (481KB, 1608x1097px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0353.jpg
481KB, 1608x1097px
Biggest commercial failure out of all the digimon shows. Can't sell the merch or games. No one watches it and has to switch time slots often
>>
>>15423219
Really according to the Digimon general at /vg/ it is surprisingly popular.
>>
The shows kind of average, and while the fights are ok, they sometimes forget to make them exciting.

Take the last few episodes. They fight Mienumon's (who's been their major enemy for a while now) who evolves into Warudamon. You think you're getting an epic fight or something, right? Well, she takes overDokamon and Musimon for a bit until Revivemon undoes her puppetry, then she does down without putting up much of a fight. It was just boring.
>>
>>15423234
It was clear that bitch wasn't much of a fighter.
>>
>>15423219
The game sold like shit physically but unlike Xros Wars the toyline wasn't canned halfway through the series so I imagine it's doing decently there, or who knows maybe it's just way cheaper for Bandai to produce since the main attraction is just a noise maker and collectable gimmick

As for the timeslot change I have no knowledge about that subject, but from what I hear it was changed to a better timeslot instead of a death slot like, once more, Xros Wars
>>
>>15423239
It was still a really boring way to take her out. They could have done something clever to get rid of her puppetry, Revivemon undoing it felt so uneventful.
>>
>>15423226
This guy >>15423219 is full of shit. The series isn't particularly good but it's succeeded by playing it safe because kids are buying the toys and it's got good ratings. The game also has been selling quite well and the show is being marketed really intelligently. The OP also topped music charts and was a hit single.

>>15423234
That episode in general was awful and looked like absolute shit. Everyone was off model and the sound mixing is really weirdly quiet. I feel like modeling two new ultimates and having to create a ton of new animation exclusive to ultimate Appmon drained the living shit out of the budget.
>>
File: Raughs.jpg (274KB, 632x483px) Image search: [Google]
Raughs.jpg
274KB, 632x483px
>>15423249
>The game also has been selling quite well
>>
>>15423249
>The game also has been selling quite well
Someone tell this guy
>>
>>15423249
Aside from the awful first week physical sales for the game and not showing up on charts since, you can get the game off Japanese Amazon for only ten bucks and there's only twelve reviews. I guess it's possible it might've sold well digitally, but I wouldn't bet anything on that.
>>
>>15423268
>>15423314
>>15423324
I thought the digital sales were good and the weird micro transaction add on system was pulling okay numbers? Maybe I misheard that. Either way the toys are selling absolutely great which is why they pushed for upgrades to the Applidrives so they can sell more.
>>
>>15423076
>Savers
>good
>>
File: IMG_0368.jpg (268KB, 1980x1065px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0368.jpg
268KB, 1980x1065px
What's his end game?

Violating eri? Saving the show from mediocrity?
>>
>>15423234
The fights are the pretty much the only unsatisfying thing about the show. Otherwise its pretty good.
>>
File: Ai.png (136KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
Ai.png
136KB, 500x560px
Dude
Ai
AI

she's the final boss
>>
>>15422153
Is not good, but it is also not the worst, Savers and the second Xros Wars exist after all. There is alot of really dumb episodes, the transformation sequences are unbearable, Atra and Eri repetition of their catchphrases are irritants, the fights are uninteresting and everytime they try to do some kind of drama or a episode with a more heavy tone, they fail miserably. Also, Haru is too inactive as a protagonist. I mean, he is a good kid, I cant really hate him, but the series does not use him for the spot he was meant to be. For all his talk of wanting to be a protagonist, he doesn't try to act the part.

But hey, the series do have his charm and is funny sometimes. The characters may not be the best characters of all the digimon series, not even top 10, and they are a pain sometimes, but they do work for this kind of show. Maybe one problem is that we compare it too much with the other Digimon series, which is inevitable, when this one have a totally different and more kiddy approach. Indeed, I doubt that I would have even started watching it if it didn't had "Digimon" in the title. But even so, i dont think that I will have that feeling that it was a total waste of time once the series is finished. It's kind of fun and makes me laugh.

>>15423026
>I also strangely feel they want to pair Haru and Eri.
Yep, I feel the same. And they do kind of work together.
>>
>>15425412
>comparing Savers to YH
Way out of line there buddy, especially since it's in the top 3 of Digimon shows.
>>
>>15425412
>Is not good, but it is also not the worst, Savers and the second Xros Wars exist after all.
If you mean Savers and Death Generals please explain because I can't comprehend taste this bad
>>
>>15424293
That's a boy, right?
I'm onto you, Japan.
>>
>>15425412
>Savers and the second Xros Wars exist after all
Well, at least 02 doesn't exist.
>>
>>15423234
>the waifumon is the badguy
What the fuck Japan
>>
>>15425495
He probably means The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time. Xros wars is considered a single show by most people and generally well received.
>>
>>15425550
Dokamon's final evolustion is apparently a chick, so you'll get one on the good guy side, eventually.
>>
>>15422153
No, its mediocre at its worst. But it has plot and characters so it automatically better than Hunters.
>>
File: Poseidomon_(Appli_Monsters).png (681KB, 860x992px) Image search: [Google]
Poseidomon_(Appli_Monsters).png
681KB, 860x992px
>>15425573
>Dokamon's final evolustion is apparently a chick
Are you sure?
>>
>>15425543
I try to pretend it doesn't.

Appmon is just sort of average. The plot is actually decent, but everything around the show is meh. Haru is a decent protag, but is surrounded by Astra and Eri 95% of the time. Who are barely characters, just catchphrase puppets.They're also useless jobbers.
Rei is the best character on the show, but he doesn't hang around the others at all.

The animation is mediocre, and the CGI kind of ruins the admittedly well designed Appmon. The fights are also boring most of the time.
>>
>>15425604
I actually think the CG is kinda interesting. It's not as bad as it first appears, there are some moments where I could tell it was done by someone who at least knows somewhat what they're doing. Likewise for the animation. It's not at all the amateur effort you'd get normally.

The style is just really strange and out of place which threw me for a loop.

>>15425583
Not sure those game evolutions are necessarily legit. Warudamon and the dead Cometmon applifusion into Deusmon...
>>
>>15425583
I could have sworn an evolution chart was posted way back, and one of them had a female final evolution for Dokamon.
>>
>>15423026
>they don't feel impressive when they show up despite many being overpowered.

Come on man, Globemon accidentally cut a town in half just one episode ago. Before that Dantemon and Cometmon both had good showings too.
>>
>>15425555
You would think so but if he has such shit taste that he calls savers worse than 02 I wouldn't be surprised if he also thinks Death Generals worse than YH.

It gets very confusing calling YH a second Xros Wars since there is two parts of Xros and they were treated like two shows in Japan, YH is a third of the show. Also I think Death Generals gets a lot of unnecessary hate because even though it gets more formulaic it's not as all over the place as the first half was. Also Death Generals got rid of Akari and Zenjirou for two way better characters, also FUCK Zenjirou he was the worst part of the show until Tagiru.

>>15425770
Their attacks have been cool but they don't really command much presence when they show up. Globemon has been treated the best but even he doesn't get much of a music swell or feel intimidating. Between attacks and after apprealize Globemon just floats there. Of course he gets better treatment than Revivemon who showed up for like 10 seconds in his evolution episode, or Oujamon who has a cool looking attack but it's thoroughly unimpressive for an ultimate.
>>
File: Karan Eri.jpg (401KB, 2125x1156px) Image search: [Google]
Karan Eri.jpg
401KB, 2125x1156px
Isn't it sad we learn eri's personality is a facade for her idol work in the elisode we're introduced to her yet her only defining trait in subsequent episodes is that facade without actually developing her real personality.
>>
>>15426491
You have pinpointed the second biggest issue with Eri right after her catchphrase. The funny thing is if they dove more into her personality it would make her a mirror to Haru since she's bold and loud on the outside but on the inside she's calm and quiet, while Haru is extremely meek but shows that internally he is bold and brash.

The show has an unexplored emphasis on the duality of their characters that they only really explore with Astra. Astra is loud and "quirky" but he's also a calm and refined tea master, Rei is an edgelord misanthrope but also cares about his brother more than anything, and Yujin is a terminator.
>>
File: Hackmon_(Appmon)_b.png (89KB, 330x364px) Image search: [Google]
Hackmon_(Appmon)_b.png
89KB, 330x364px
So Hackmon is Rei's brother turned into an appmon right?
>>
>>15426518
Didn't they see Rei's brother live after defeating Sakusimon? The brother even calls out to Rei.
>>
File: Current State Of Digimon.jpg (423KB, 2064x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Current State Of Digimon.jpg
423KB, 2064x1104px
>>
>>15426925
the episode before this one, rei found out that leviathan was doing some kind of experimantation to turn people into digital beings like appmon and Hajime is one of the people that got experimented on.
>>
>>15426925
They saw Gatchmon live in episode 4 but it was fake.
>>
>>15426515
This. I almost wish I hadn't read those interviews the director and writers did before the premiere. They talked up Haru and Eri's characterizations so much, but so far they haven't delivered.

>>15426928
Ironically, that was actually pretty funny.
>>
Yuujin is so fucking thirsty for Haru

I gotta give the show points for that
>>
>>15422153
Nope, young hunters
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.