[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has Tezuka ever felt threatened by Matsumoto? After seeing how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Leiji_Matsumoto.jpg (30KB, 296x375px) Image search: [Google]
Leiji_Matsumoto.jpg
30KB, 296x375px
Has Tezuka ever felt threatened by Matsumoto?

After seeing how bad of an artist Matsumoto is, I think it would be weird that Tezuka would, but I don't know.

I know Tezuka felt threatened by Ishinomori though.
>>
Tezuka enjoyed Nagai, particularly his ecchi stories. A few years before his death he was very impressed by Otomo too.

But I don't think he ever said something about Matsumoto.
>>
>>15420750
I remember him insulting Otomo and saying he would be forgotten quickly while comparing himself to classical music in contrast to Otomo's loud rock 'n roll. What a pretentious, self-obsessed fuck. I think he was on good terms with Nagai and Matsumoto because they were always flattering him, but for all we know about Tezuka, he probably hated them behind their backs.
>>
>>15420587
Does it really matter?
>>
>>15420587
I thought Ishinomori was a former student. and i assumed that they had a decent relation ship, i mean isnt Kikaider a send up, both in style and themes, of Tezuka's work?
>>
>>15422503
Not really.

Ishinomori barely spent any tim with Tezuka. Tezuka said some mean things about Ishinomori but he did apologise. I hunk he was criticising Fantasy World Jun but I could be wrong. I forgot.
>>
>>15422524
A fan asked him what was his opinion on Jun (published in Tezuka's own magazine COM), said shitty things about it and the fan got really upset. He decided to write Ishinomori about it because he thought Tezuka was being really mean and rude. Ishinomori almost quit drawing Jun after it, but Tezuka begged him for forgiveness. Keep in mind this all happened after Jun won an award over Tezuka's Phoenix.
>>
>>15420750
>Tezuka enjoyed Nagai, particularly his ecchi stories
Source?
>>15422249
>I remember him insulting Otomo saying he would be forgotten quickly
He never said WOW THIS GUY IS SHIT though, he just said you should wait before considering him an all-time manga god. And he was fucking spot on, Otomo hasn't made a classic iconic series in eons.
>while comparing himself to classical music in contrast to Otomo's loud rock 'n roll.
I don't think he ever said this about Otomo. Provide a source.
>>
>>15422727
http://mangahakuran.tumblr.com/post/115757734098/when-i-read-otomos-work-i-can-hear-it-young
>>
>>15422727
>>15422750
>Eguchi: Tezuka was much more about the pictures back then. Then he started claiming that the pictures in manga were nothing more than symbols, and manga in Japan started becoming simplified into stories and characters. I feel like it was the New Wave that helped bring manga back around to the artwork. Takano sort of did that, too — bringing things back to early Osamu Tezuka. So I can totally understand why Tezuka was so jealous of Otomo. On the train ride here I was reading this interview with Tezuka in this magazine about the New Wave, and there are like four times where in a really roundabout way he just keeps refusing to accept Otomo. (laugh) He’s like, “Of course young people are going to be producing original work — I want to reserve my judgment of Otomo for ten years from now.” I mean, come on. (laugh)

https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/2015/05/17/naoki-urasawa-and-hisashi-eguchi-talk-about-manga-in-the-70s-and-80s-mostly-otomo/
>>
>>15422750
That... hardly sounds like an insult.
>>15422754
I already read that and acknowledged it in my post and pointed out that he was spot on.
>he was fucking spot on, Otomo hasn't made a classic iconic series in eons
Tezuka made iconic manga from the late 40s to the 80s. Black Jack finished in '83 after all.

Inb4 the usual "ONLY LOST WORLD AND NEW TREASURE ISLAND WERE RELEVANT AND EVERYONE HATED HIS SEINENS" meme, even Nagai is a Black Jack fan and it's very likely MW influenced Monster.
>>
File: Ctx0wP_WgAAdI7w.jpg (228KB, 1200x839px) Image search: [Google]
Ctx0wP_WgAAdI7w.jpg
228KB, 1200x839px
>>15420750
Leiji was an assistant for him during the 50's.
>>
>>15423157
He mentioned this for the extras in the shoujo volume of Phoenix and even tells you the scenes he contributed to I think.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-26-22-47-24.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-26-22-47-24.png
1MB, 720x1280px
>>15423194
>>
>>15420587
>Has Tezuka ever felt threatened by Matsumoto?
probably not
>>
>>15423194
He also appears as a guest appearance in the last chapter of Barbara.
>>
I don't care what else he might have done, but y'all back the fuck away from the man who made Interstella 5555
>>
File: tezuka leiji.jpg (170KB, 728x1021px) Image search: [Google]
tezuka leiji.jpg
170KB, 728x1021px
>>15427418
>>
>>15420587
Why would they feel threatened.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.