[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most pointless shoe-horned retcon in all of Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 13

File: 61AWHaNTl6L._SL1129_.jpg (115KB, 892x1129px) Image search: [Google]
61AWHaNTl6L._SL1129_.jpg
115KB, 892x1129px
Is this the most pointless shoe-horned retcon in all of Gundam or what?

>Built from the data obtained from both the MSN-04 Sazabi and RX-93 ν Gundam
origional mobil soot donut steel

>In UC 0094, the Sinanju Stein was stolen (disguised as a transfer) by the remnants of Neo Zeon, "The Sleeves", who modified it into the MSN-06S Sinanju
Why would it be called "Sinanju Stein" first and then "Sinanju", not the other way around?
>>
"stolen"

Sure, don't believe those Anaheim Jews' lies.
>>
>>15420504
what a beautiful suit...

When will there be an OVA of Char 2 and Ple 12 "Stealing this?
>>
>>15420504
>Why would it be called "Sinanju Stein" first and then "Sinanju", not the other way around?
Because Jews are narcissists first and foremost?
>>
>>15420504

The real question is: if its a super special super prototype unit, how does a chickenshit outfit like the sleeves maintain and repair it? Did it just come with a box of spare parts too?

A high performance prototype like this should basically eat metal every time it sees combat.
>>
>>15420703
You realize Neo Zeon controls a great deal of both industrial and agricultural colonies off the books, right? They can easily 'steal' some from their not-so-secret allies.
>>
>>15420703

Probably the same way they maintain their large, expensive-looking flagship--the Gwadan-looking one.
>>
>>15420703
Didn't neozeon invent the psychoframe in chars counter attack?
>>
>>15420923
It's not exactly clear since August or w/e that AE mechanic's name is says that it came from their R&D department, though Char later says that he was responsible for the leak.

Considering AE built the Sazabi it's pretty likely AE also worked on the psycoframe, which is just a highly miniaturized version of the psycommu system. So miniaturized that they fit the functionality onto tiny chips that can line the cockpit like paint or go inside a handheld sample (the T thing)
>>
>>15420504
>whining with weak logic

Pathetic. If you are going to complain, have some legitimate reasons instead of posting like a 13 year old.
>>
>>15420504
What an excellent suit. Only zeeks would ruin it by painting it red and giving it tacky ornaments.
>>
File: 1479.jpg (528KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1479.jpg
528KB, 1366x768px
>>15420703
Losing wars only makes you more prosperous.
>>
>>15420929
>Considering AE built the Sazabi it's pretty likely AE also worked on the psycoframe, which is just a highly miniaturized version of the psycommu system.
Holy shit, someone who actually remembers what psycoframe actually is. I'm impressed, though I shouldn't be.
>>
>>15420929
>>
>>15420504
The mobile suits fuck up Canon constantly, because it's Bandais side of the equation.if you're smart you'll ignore all that "lore" esque shit in Gundam and just build the kits of whatever looks cool and ignore anything that isn't stated in an anime.
>>
>>15420703
Neo Zeon only has money to spend on clothes, fancy paintjobs, spare parts for out of production MS and super special snowflake MS and MA. That's why they live in slums.
>>
>>15421335
I initially read that as "losing wars only makes you more preposterous".

I think either fits in the case of the Sleeves.
>>
>>15421335
can you fucking imagine the face AF made when he put down the order to make that fucking robot
Like nigga what the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
File: MySOUL.jpg (245KB, 979x700px) Image search: [Google]
MySOUL.jpg
245KB, 979x700px
>>15420504
This did it better. Too bad it'll never be animated
>>
NT1 Alex and the Pixie
>>
>>15420911
you mean the one that's been around since, and also featured in, CCA?
>>
>>15420504
Because the suit was most well known as the Sinanju. Doesn't matter what the original was called. Like how all chocolate cream sandwich cookies are colloquially called "oreos" despite hydrox coming first.

Fag.
>>
>>15420929
In the Char's Counterattack - Beyond the Timel, Nanai invented it
>>
So the Gundam Gerbera and Sinanju Stein are both times when Zeeks took a Feddie suit and basically just took all its armour off and gave it Zeon-esque armour for no real reason other than narcissism, keeping the specs exactly the same.

Has there ever been a case of the reverse happening? Like, a Zeon suit being repurposed with boring, boxy armour? I mean even the Titans kept Hizacks looking more or less the same.
>>
>>15422738
That's because the Feddies don't need to steal inferior pig disgusting Zeek tech. I bet even Gato would have stuck a monoeye and epaulettes on the GP-02 if he had the time.
>>
>>15422738
The Sinanju technically has lower performance compared to the Stein, on account of being 2.7 tons heavier when fully loaded but keeping the same total thrust. Sleeves regalia is stupid and unnecessary.

Also, early in the OYW the Federation had the Zanny, but that was mostly them rebuilding Zakus so they figure out how to make mobile suits of their own. HG Zanny never, Origin Zanny never ever.
>>
>>15422845
>Zanny
I hear your prayers, Anon. I've been working on a script for my own Gundam story that features a Zanny in use by a secondary character. I don't think anything will ever come of it, but Zanny will rise again.
>>
>>15420528
It was featured in the PS3 video game.
>>
>>15420504
>Is this the most pointless shoe-horned retcon in all of Gundam or what?
no, heavy gundam is.
>>
>>15420504
>>15426382
No, Origins, "They aren't mobile suits because they are designed to fight infantry despite being early Guncannon Models" Is the dumbest retcon.
>>
File: rrf-06.jpg (73KB, 290x400px) Image search: [Google]
rrf-06.jpg
73KB, 290x400px
>>15422845
>>15422851
You will take your Thunderbolt Zanny and like it goddammit. There's a reason Zanny rhymes with Tranny.
>>
>>15420703
Because Anaheim makes bank off of selling super special robots to both sides.
Hell, they probably realized just how much they could run both the zeeks and feddies for after Anavel stole the Physalis.

>>15421555
When you're on the run and fighting a losing battle against the universal government but you still gotta be wavy as shit

>>15427126
That was so fucking stupid. What did the Zaku/Bugu actually have over the Guncannon?
>>
>>15427424
>That was so fucking stupid. What did the Zaku/Bugu actually have over the Guncannon?
It was a "REAL" Mobile suit. Or as Minovsky himself said "The difference between them and zeon suits is like the difference between Tanks in WW1 and Tanks in WW2. Therefore, they shouldn't be classified as mobile suits." Or something to that effect. Dumb as shit. I know.
>>
>>15420552
Sin and Jew

makes sense.
>>
>>15427424

> Anaheim makes bank off of selling super special robots to both sides

They don't really. I mean, they have done it on occasion, but it really is only occasionally for them. They didn't exist in 0079 and they were all in with AEUG in Zeta and ZZ, only supplying a handful of suits to the Titans after the Titans applied political pressure. The Titans mostly manufactured their own suits, as did Scicocco and Haman's Neo Zeon. They weren't in F91, since SNRI had supplanted them as the government contractor of choice and the Crossbone Vanguard made their own stuff, while they supplied the League Militaire in Victory and Zanscare again made their own stuff.

The only times they've sold to both sides have been 0083, Char's Counterattack and Unicorn. And even in 0083 they only sold a suit the Federation no longer wanted but which was already built to a former Zeon officer who was officially no longer affiliated with them, while in Char's Counterattack they only supplied Char's suit. That's two instances, one of which barely counts given the context. Supplemental info saying that Zeon stole the Sinanju is actually kind of believable as an actual theft and not a "theft" as so often implied given their track record when you actually look at it.
>>
>>15421664
Is that a Double Zeta disguised as a Zeon MS?
>>
>>15420504
>Is this the most pointless shoe-horned retcon in all of Gundam or what?
Sure, why not.
>>
>>15427440
That just means that the Zaku was more mobile and had weaponry that was better suited to fight other MS rather than being a glorified fire support platform.
>>
File: SinanjuGundam.jpg (163KB, 892x1129px) Image search: [Google]
SinanjuGundam.jpg
163KB, 892x1129px
>>15420504
There, I fixed it.
Now it fits in perfectly.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (267KB, 919x513px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
267KB, 919x513px
Here it is with Sleeves stickers.
>>
>>15429503
Isn't that just the Vertically Superior Waterfowl the 3rd
>>
>>15422738
no idea about a Zeon suit specifically, but there was the later versions of the Barzam that were made to look more generically Gundam/GM in appearance(which is actually pretty justifiable since the Barzam was already basically an MP version of the Gundam MKII and most of the differences between the two were purely cosmetic)

I'd bring up the Doven Wolf and the Silver Bullet but the Doven Wolf was based on a Federation design originally(the Gundam MKV)

>>15422845
>>15422851
>>15427143
the Federation was actually fully capable of mass producing the Zanny(indeed I'm pretty sure they made a couple from scratch), but they wanted to have suits that were outright superior to the Zaku, not just equal to it

>>15427126
>>15427424
>>15427440
it was more that Anaheim's initial approach to making the Guncannon was them expecting the Waff/Bugu/Zaku I to not be all that much superior to either the Guntank or the Mobile Worker in any particular respect(since they thought Zeon was still a paper tiger), so they focused on firepower and cost efficiency over everything else, which is why they got their asses handed to them

>>15429435
exactly
>>
>>15429591
>>15422738
The Nemo outwardly resembles the GM II and is compatible with its weapons, but it apparently incorporates modern but Zeon style internal machinery, which kinda explains how the AEUG were able to use Nemo parts to refurbish that Gelgoog and why the Titans engineers that examined the Gelgoog that Reccoa used to infiltrate Scirocco's Jupitris didn't bat an eye at it since they all they saw were Anaheim Electronics parts.

Of course, Anaheim got into the mobile suit business by buying out Zeonic and Zimmad after the OYW, so that's why AE can build MS with internals that are based on Zeon technology.
>>
>>15421066 What an excellent suit. Only zeeks would ruin it by painting it red and giving it tacky ornaments.

What, like fuel tanks and an enlarged set of boosters originally meant for a mobile armor three times its size and conal vectoring thrusters instead of the default prism accelerators it comes with out of the box?

All that body mobility and that powerplant output and it was functionally wasted as a general purpose mobilesuit that "sometimes might carry heavy payloads befitting of its immense capacity, but probably almost never to raise our baseline grunt performance -- only its an entirely conceptual mobilesuit so it'll never see the light of day and grunts will always suck lmao"?

Get fucked, Feddy fanboy.
>>
File: galbaldy line.png (584KB, 887x483px) Image search: [Google]
galbaldy line.png
584KB, 887x483px
>>15429591
>>15429599
>>15422738
Oh, and the Feds did take the Galbaldy Alpha's curvier design and upgraded it into the Galbaldy Beta's boxier, angled look.
>>
>>15429613
>What, like fuel tanks and an enlarged set of boosters originally meant for a mobile armor three times its size and conal vectoring thrusters instead of the default prism accelerators it comes with out of the box?
It has the same specs, except it's heavier.
>>
>>15429619
oh yeah I forgot about the Gabaldy
>>
>>15429619
i still dont get the purpose of galbaldy, if they need faster hizack there's marasai
>>
>>15429642
Galbaldy existed before the Marasai. Can't choose the Marasai if it doesn't exist yet.
>>
>>15429620
Yes that's right, fuel is heavy. What is range and operational duration? A prototype is made for short tests and experiments, not protracted combat with the mobility of a commander who needs to be able to move from one end of the battlefield to the other. The fact it does this AND retains its mobility is a really impressive engineering feat.

This came at the cost of the high beam rifle, modelled on the HWS Nu's HM-rifle which has performance on par with a battleship class mega particle cannon.

The Sinanju is for running interference, mobilesuit combat and relies on mobility and piloting to stay out of harm's way: The Stein is a short range casual tester with a high impact weapon so firepower can keep the enemy at range so the less experienced pilot has time to react.

Are you stupid or something?
>>
>>15420504
>Why would it be called "Sinanju Stein" first and then "Sinanju", not the other way around?

In-universe it's a renaming that was done to differentiate the different physical appearances between the 2 after it was "stolen" and modified. No one knew Sinanju existed until it was taken and started engaging in skirmishes. At which point the "red one" was the only one anyone knew called the "Sinanju" and you'd be called a fag for thinking this white one even existed or was named Sinanju.
>>
>>15429674

> Yes that's right, fuel is heavy

The base weight of the Sinanju is heavier than the base weight of the Sinanju Stein. Base weight doesn't count fuel or weaponry, that's full weight. The Sleeves took the Sinanju Stein and made it heavier, even if only by two tonnes or something. Adding fuel and weapons adds another half a tonne of weight.
>>
>>15429599
>The Nemo outwardly resembles the GM II and is compatible with its weapons, but it apparently incorporates modern but Zeon style internal machinery

Any direct evidence for this? I keep seeing it thrown around that the GM IIs and later Jegans were basically Zeon MS dressed up like the GM but I can't seem to find the original sources for this. Is it just a conclusion from implications or...?
>>
>>15429840
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=299813#p299813
>As one might guess from the fact that it has a movable frame, the internals of the Nemo are radically different from those of the GM II. The Master Grade kit manual goes so far as to state that "Although the Nemo is considered part of the GM series, in fact it could be described as a machine with a Principality technological heritage." Essentially, it takes the Zeon design lineage of the Rick Dias, adds some movable frame knowhow gleaned from the Gundam Mark II and Hyaku Shiki, and wraps it up in a package that superficially matches the "silhouette and functionality" of Federation machines.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=330909#p330909
>The Nemo is hard to assess. Sources disagree about its actual armor material, and the most recent (like the MG kit manual) claim that it's based on Zeon technology despite its exterior, and its internals have little in common with the GM series.

Both posts by Mark Simmons seem to be saying that the Master Grade model kit is the source.
>>
File: jegan monoeye.jpg (58KB, 470x627px) Image search: [Google]
jegan monoeye.jpg
58KB, 470x627px
>>15429840
>>15430171
Oh, and I wouldn't really say that later Jegans were basically Zeon MS, but they do have monoeyes.
>>
>>15429674
>Are you stupid or something?
I am telling you that they literally have identical specs in most areas.

>A prototype is made for short tests and experiments, not protracted combat with the mobility of a commander who needs to be able to move from one end of the battlefield to the other.
Source? Why is the Sinanju Stein short ranged and the Sinanju not when they both have propellant tanks, only that the Stein's tanks are slightly shorter, in an age when most mobile suits don't even have external tanks?
>>
>>15430215

The Stein has no stats outside height and weight to my knowledge. We don't know generator output, thrust capacity or number of verniers for instance.
>>
>>15429516
sauce? The Stein's head actually looks good there.
>>
>>15430367
I think its a screen cap from the Gundam Unicorn game for PS3 which is where the Stein was introduced.
>>
File: Rgm79gs-head.jpg (65KB, 249x290px) Image search: [Google]
Rgm79gs-head.jpg
65KB, 249x290px
>>15430171
>>15430186
>>15429840
Apparently they've been using Zeon tech for MS cameras since the OYW with the GM Command series.
IIRC
>>
>>15430439
Isn't that because the ingram who the dude also designed had a mono eye?
>>
>>15430439
Yeah, Izubuchi also designed the Jegan and GM Commands, so they share a similar monoeye behind the visor.
>>
>>15430402
>>15430367
It's from a Gundam Unicorn short film played at GFT
>>
>>15421664
Ibs dat sum Gaia Gear?
>>
File: grossassgearadoga.jpg (307KB, 1200x1710px) Image search: [Google]
grossassgearadoga.jpg
307KB, 1200x1710px
>>15422738

This horribly mutilated Geara Doga
>>
>>15427955
- t. a fuckin' zeek
>>
>>15429599
The MG manual for the GM Sniper II says that its development team is rumored to have designed the Nemo during Gryps, so it makes sense that the Nemo is pretty GM-y.

>>15429645
In addition, the Marasai was originally intended for the AEUG before Titans came in and performed a surprise inspection of the factories. Anaheim gave them the Marasais so as not to arouse more suspicoin.
>>
>>15431768

the platform shoulders are so cute, I really want one...
>>
>>15431768
Honestly, the Geara Doga looks better to me than that wonky-proportioned Jegan.
>>
>>15432229
>The MG manual for the GM Sniper II says that its development team is rumored to have designed the Nemo during Gryps, so it makes sense that the Nemo is pretty GM-y.
Hmm, I knew there's a link between the Nemo and GM Sniper II, but I haven't heard how else other than their very similar backpack and leg thruster arrangement.
>>
File: physalis.jpg (182KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
physalis.jpg
182KB, 1024x768px
>>15420504
It perpetuates the meme that the best zeek MS are just stolen Gundams so it's not really that big of a retcon.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.