[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Iron Blooded Orphans is over, which was the worst G

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 27

File: mobile suit blunders.jpg (139KB, 450x305px) Image search: [Google]
mobile suit blunders.jpg
139KB, 450x305px
Now that Iron Blooded Orphans is over, which was the worst Gundam?
http://www.strawpoll.me/12716654
>>
>>15419641
Destiny was good, the other never was at any point
>>
>>15419641

Neither are great but Destiny's flaws pre-HD Remaster/Comp films are more obvious and even with them, some are still obvious (rampant stock footage for one). That said, IBO manages to hurt more because while the writing on the wall was obvious for Destiny around 38 (43 if we're generous), IBO dropped the ball harder by building up to huge things and never following through.
>>
I can see Mecha Talk hivemind ballot stuffing and ANN trying to sabotage this.
>>
>>15419670

I can see Destiny 'winning', but people crying foul using these claims because they hate IBO more. That said, AGE and Try are worse than either in my opinion, and a Strawpoll is worthless and no one will take it seriously anyways given how they're set up.
>>
File: imply bomb.gif (3MB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
imply bomb.gif
3MB, 300x167px
>>15419660
>Destiny was good
>>
>>15419641
Anon pls.

Gundam 00 is the shittiest Gundam around. If only it got bad animation, it will be ignored by others as well.

IBO >> Destiny >>> 00
>>
>>15419641
Gundam Build Fighters TRY
>>
>>15419917
>Gundam 00 is the shittiest Gundam around
Hello Fukuda.
>>
File: 1411488911000.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1411488911000.png
1MB, 960x720px
ZZ is worse.

It's proto A/Z.
>>
>>15419641
G-Reco
>>
File: 1487525983750.gif (954KB, 250x180px) Image search: [Google]
1487525983750.gif
954KB, 250x180px
>>15419660
>>
File: 1486798316420.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486798316420.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
I wonder how long people will make these threads to validate their dislike of IBO
>>
>>15419641
Neither is even bottom 5.
Wing
X
G-Reco are all wors
>>
>>15419922
What was wrong with TRY?
>>
>>15420048
>Wing
Wing is just above Destiny for me at the bottom. Wing frustrated me, but Destiny was just a mess.
>>
>>15420048
Found Anime Suki
>>
Looks like /y/ny CE haters found the poll.
>>
Fake gundam fans vote for memes like Destiny, real gundam fans vote for Iron Blooded Failure.
>>
>>15420162

> no true Scotsman
>>
>>15420162
Destiny is like if you took the ending of IBO and decided to keep going until you just fucking ruined everything, just wreck it all and make it all unsalvageable, irredeemable garbage without a single good thing to come out of it and even worse they milk it for another decade.
>>
>>15420171
Fandoms are not scotts
>>
>>15420090
You say this like Wing was not also a mess or that SEED isn't also frustrating
>>
>>15420183
IBO is much worst than Destiny in every objectable way.
>>
>>15419641
>No reconguista

/m/ is surely good, but I never understood the Tomino apologists.
>>
>>15420197
IBO was just that shittier.
>>
>>15420048
Age is meh, but not bad.
Try is just a letdown compared to the first Build Fighters, but not bad.
Wing isn't bad. Sure it uses stock footage, but it's a solid show. Quit being a contrarian.
Never saw X so I can't say personally, but the general consensus from what I've see is that it was solid.
G-Reco wasn't THAT bad.
>>
>>15420212
G-Reco wasn't very good, but it wasn't that bad either.
>>
>>15420258
If you ask the opinion of casual watchers they don't understand anything of the plot and the characters seems to perform random and pointless actions all the time.

If you ask the opinion of Gundam fans they would say that the mecha design was mostly horrendous, and Tomino fucked up the timeline.

If you ask the opinion of Mecha fans they would say that the show didn't bring anything of value to the genre, the plot was useless, the designs a punch in the eye and that entire show is the result of alzheimer.

If you ask fucking /m/ the show seems to be 2deep4u and the design were made horrible on purpose so they wouldn't appeal to all people, that the story has a lot of deep thought put into it and that Tomino did another success.

What's wrong with you, people.
>>
Please kill yourself.
>>
IBO was just okay. /m/ doesn't like anything current so don't take their views on it too seriously.
>>
>>15420389
It was awful, are you drunk?
>>
>>15420394
It is like so called gundam fans are not reallt fans.
>>
>>15420310
>If you ask the opinion of Gundam fans they would say that the mecha design was mostly horrendous, and Tomino fucked up the timeline.
Most western gundam "fans" aren't really fans. They're just casuals dressing themselves up after having watched Wing and IBO.
>>
>>15420399
Also that post was directed at the morons that voted for Seed, not you anon.
>>
>>15419917
Even if this is bait, it is STILL TRUE.
>>
>>15420407
>>15419917
Lel
So much butthurt
>>
>>15420162
>>15420399
>>15420401

> if they don't agree with me they're not 'real' fans
>>
IBO is a funny show. I consider it to be one o the worst written anime in quite some time that wasted so much potential that it made me angry. I legitimately hate the show and it's writers, but when the ED played and showed Barbatos mace in the desert in the last episode I still teared up uncontrollably. Really damn weird...
>>
>>15419641
Destiny had some memorable moments and a Char voiced by Char

IBO had nothing. Destiny is better.
>>
>>15420428
Correct, what is the problem?
>>
>>15419641
Neither of those two was the worst.
Destiny was meh.
IBO was kinda good. Not great like 0079 or G, but neither was nearly as bad as Wing or Reco.
>>
I am halfway through IBO right now, and while I definitely have my issues with it I'd say Destiny is clearly worse.

I decided to pause between seasons and watch something more endearing because I finally figured out what it was about the show that put me off. Now, this is a pre-S2 outlook (and so it ignores anything from it) , but it wasn't the plot, the story, the themes, the artwork, the animation or the execution of any of the above, all of which I thought was fine. It was more that I just couldn't invest myself in it at all. The cast are almost all unlikeable twats, and those that aren't are quickly killed or rendered irrelevant. It tries to go for a kind of morally dubious thing where no-one is in the right, and they succeed, but as a result I can't bring myself to give a shit. Basically, I Don't Care What Happens To These People. 00 tried something similar, only the people on both sides of its conflict were endearing, so you had reason to care. Martian worker's rights are an admirable goal and all, but are to abstract for a viewer to care about, and the characters can't shoulder that burden at all.

All this said, the show is perfectly serviceable and fine in any quantifiable aspect whereas Destiny is quite clearly an inconsistent nonsensical hot mess. People just hyperbolise because declaring you hate more recent things brings you more e-cred that hating older things (unless those things are well regarded, in which case the opposite is true).
>>
Why can't you useless motherfuckers do something with your fucking lives, instead of trying to shitpost like your bowels are lubed?
>>
>>15420889
As an addition, I'd say that G-Reco is in a similar boat to IBO in that it ends up kind of 'eh' because even though it more or less makes sense upon reflection, its presentation is as obtuse as all fuck, making it hard to follow and ending up being, like IBO, a show where some things happened, and that's all I can say about them.
>>
>>15420901
IBO doesn't make sense because the director and writer(s) didn't see eye to eye. And in fact the final arc is apparently just something the writer pushed in despite the director disagreeing and interviews reveal that the director did and wanted really stupid things.

G-Reco is the work of an auteur and when you reflect on it you can see there is a fairly strong internal consistency that IBO just lacks because IBO suffered from staff politics.
>>
All this shit posting about Iron Blooded Orphans really makes me wonder what you guys even want from a Gundam series. Enjoyed it immensely once the second season got rolling, enjoyed confronting every fucked up trope in the franchise. Thought the world building was pretty great, I only wish for more consistency in the delivery, but I could say that about every one of my favorite entries in the franchise.
>>
>>15420048
Thank you Anon fuck them up with truth.
>>
>>15419641

Still Destiny. IBO sucked but you can write it off as it's own thing. Destiny was so bad it brought down it's, admittedly mediocre, but still enjoyable predecessor.

You have to be a special kind of bad to not just suck on your own but to destroy another series too
>>
>>15420889
>All this said, the show is perfectly serviceable and fine in any quantifiable aspect whereas Destiny is quite clearly an inconsistent nonsensical hot mess.
I think that's the problem here. Destiny has issues, but people still talk about it more than 10 years later. IBO is exactly as you say: it doesn't matter, it does nothing; you watch it and once it's finished, you don't care.

Hell, I would've been perfectly fine with the kill-em-all ending Nagai wanted, not because of edginess, but because I just didn't care about any of them.
>>
>>15420919
Okay, good for you, you enjoyed yourself. What, do you want a medal for it? Because I'm still sitting here not having a good time with it and I would really prefer to if I could and I'm affording it all the leeway I can and still getting nothing to work with.
>>
>>15420889
No that is just you not being into the show, you could make the same sort of complaint about any show no matter the quality. These
>the plot, the story, the themes, the artwork, the animation or the execution
are in fact the issues and more
>>
>>15420954
Yeah, pretty much. Destiny might be terrible, but it is at least fascinating, the sheer ineptitude of its execution sucks you on its own. Whereas like I said, IBO is a story where some stuff happened.

I just keep getting reminded of 00 and how it hit a few of the same beats more successfully. Particularly the main pilot, Mikazuki makes me ache badly for Setsuna again. He might have also started a stoic traumatised task oriented child soldier, but he cearly had an arc and it went places. Mika is just...dead inside. He's a lost cause.
>>
>>15420960
The unfortunate fact is you could make these complaints about any show no matter the quality as well, because people will call anything bad if they've decided it will be, and they'll believe it wholeheartedly too. I went in as a viewer focussed on the ride rather than a sneering critic, and I still didn't really enjoy myself, that's my issue.
>>
File: girls und gundam.jpg (153KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
girls und gundam.jpg
153KB, 800x600px
>>15420919
>what you guys even want from a Gundam series
A well developed cast that the audience has a reason to care about. Or pic related.
>>
>>15420956
Did you finish it? Have you watched other entries in the franchise? They're not good, as a whole, so if you're new you might just be feeling that.
>>
>>15420982
>you could make these complaints about any show no matter the quality as well
No because you can actually back those other things up.

I didn't really like the characters or morality so it is whatever can be thrown at any show. Cause that is basically just saying it doesn't fit my personal taste not actually critiquing the show.
>>
>>15420966
>Mika is just...dead inside. He's a lost cause.
It's funny how Setsuna behaved more like a human being when he was a child soldier, and he had killed his own parents. Hell, IBO has ended and we still don't know what the fuck happened between Mika and Orga when they were children. An event so monumental Mika considers it his rebirth and we don't have a right to watch it? Yeah, good job making me care for their relationship.
>>
>>15421001
I thought it was pretty clear that the important part was that he killed somebody for Orga. If you need other information to make that important considering the themes of the show you might be missing the point.
>>
>>15420919
You know how everyone is all on about music in anime?

Well instead of Idols, they go Eurobeat, and give us mech fights to a full Eurobeat soundtrack. That's the future.
>>
File: it could work.jpg (20KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
it could work.jpg
20KB, 500x281px
>>15420995
>Or pic related.

>Colony schools instead of ships
>Old War Mobile Suits instead of tanks
>A variety of cute girls based on heroines and characters from the series
>>
>>15421001
>It's funny how Setsuna behaved more like a human being when he was a child soldier, and he had killed his own parents
That's a mistake on 00's part. A lot of child soldiers are beyond fucked up. Not to say Mika was realistic, but Setsuna was basically fine for the most part.
>>
>>15420999
>Did you finish it?
No, I'm hit the halfway point the other day and decided to take a break since I'd finally had the revelation about why I'd been taking so long. I'll get around to the rest sooner or later.

> Have you watched other entries in the franchise?
I've seen a few

>They're not good, as a whole
Oh, here we go. The typical internet 'It's shit' attitude. Look, I prefer to just watch stuff and give it a real chance to get into it and enjoy it rather than remain aloof and pick it apart from a distance. Of Gundam, the ones I've seen have run the gamut from 'eh' to really enjoyable (with the outlier of Destiny which, bad though it is, could be argued to have a unique draw of its own). Destiny aside, none of them were really anything less than OK. They might have had some points, but they had pluses as well and were entertaining enough. IBO isn't terrible so far, it's just firmly in the 'meh' category.
>>
>>15421020
Well, we're watching him after witnessing the coming of Gundam and entering CB. And he was still quite fucked up; there's a part where he's sitting on a park bench and suddenly he imagines everything blowing around him and all the mothers and children dying and his expression doesn't change, like it's normal for him to have those ideas.
>>
>>15421020
Yeah, this is sort of the issue. Realistic (or a close approximation thereof) frequently makes for poor storytelling. IBO's child soldiers might be closer to real child soldiers than Setsuna (I wouldn't know), but the effect their presentation has is making me completely apathetic about whether they die or not, and I'm fairly sure that's not what a narrative is supposed to do. They should elicit some measure of sympathy, no matter how fucked up they are, but instead they just make you want to write them off.

>>15421037
I'm reminded of a scene in Jormungand where a character gripes about the former child soldier in that series 'fighting like a child soldier', which amounted to charging in and attacking recklessly, heedless of risk to themselves. I thought this describes the style of both Setsuna (at least early on) and Mika fairly well, so there's that I guess.
>>
>>15421032
Production order, talk to me afterwards, you have permission to do the movies instead of the series anytime there's an option. Also you could finish the series in question before arguing on the internet ya dingus.

I love Gundam, I watch them all, but there's a lot of trash in there friendo.
>>
>>15421063
I wasn't arguing so much as sounding out my current issues with the series in hopes of finding some useful data to mull over that might affect my experience of it for the better. Long odds, but it happens sometimes.

I'm not exactly new to Gundam you know, I've seen a number of them in their entirety and have a siginificant portion of the rest on the backburner. I've certainly seen enough to make my own personal judgements on the franchise (which is dumb, by the way, the franchise runs a gamut of a bunch of different types of story and each work should be judged on its own individual merit rather than squeezed into a Gundam shaped peg and disdained just because of whatever baggage the title may carry).
>>
>>15421095
Season 2 is the payoff, so you should tough it out.
I agree with you on those points, but I will assert again, they're not that good. I honestly leave them almost entirely out of my mecha brainwashing regimen. G and Turn A are the only two that I feel get anywhere near being called great on their own merit as opposed to giving a calculated scratch to a very specific itch while selling model kits.
>>
>>15421058
I felt extremely sympathetic about Mikazuki, and the "I love you but the conditions that spawned you are horrifying" dialogue is something every sane girl I've ever dated has displayed.
>>
>>15420919
I enjoy most gundam, even War in the Shit to a degree, IBO is an insult and bad at once.
>>
>>15421132
Haha what the fuck I think your art appreciation meter is upside down
War in the Shit? Is that a meme am I getting old what happened
>>
>>15419641
Talk about illegitamite gundam fans, Destiny was not bad in hind sight.
>>
>>15419641
Why do you guys think that IBO is one the worst gundam ever made ?
>>
>>15421139
0080 was bottom tier gundam, Anime Suki.
>>
>>15421152
This. If you voted for Destiny here you have bad taste.
>>
>>15421128
> the "I love you but the conditions that spawned you are horrifying" dialogue is something every sane girl I've ever dated has displayed.
I'm not sure who exactly you're referring to here, but if it's Atra then I should point out that she's hardly sane either. Poor girl is a fucked up weirdo (though I honestly feel kinda sorry for her, she wants to learn how to do right, but everyone else in her life is just as if not more fucked up than she is and are awful influences).

It wasn't even just Mika though, it was everyone in Tekkadan proper (besides Akihiro, I guess). My realisation came when Merribit confronts them during the fight with Carta, and they tell her to fuck off with her notion that children should be kept away from ultraviolence, and that on the contrary ultraviolence is awesome and the solution to everything and they should all be allowed to get stuck in gratuitously murdering people as much as possible, and it came across like the show was trying to convey that they had earned the right to decide this through their harsh experiences instead of being easily impressionable dumbshit minors incapable of making wise decisions of any kind, in fact even moreso because of said experiences. It was at this point that I just had to look at that snotty little shit and think: "Well okay, fuck 'em."
>>
>>15421157
What is top tier Gundam to you?
>>
>>15421185
Kudelia's conflict holy shit did you pay attention at all
>>
>>15421191
Maybe I was tuning out somewhere in the cycle of self pity. It all kind of blurred together (I do not care for Kudelia).
>>
>>15421187
Destiny, Victory, X, 00 Season 2 and movie, Wing, and SD Gaiden. G is close, but that first half had problems. I have seen the entire franchise including unsubbed SD stuff and san.
>>
>>15421197
>>15421197
Yeah you managed to tune out one of the only interesting things in her characterization, great job anon. Tell us more about your poorly formed opinions.
>>
>>15421185
>it came across like the show was trying to convey that they had earned the right to decide this through their harsh experiences instead of being easily impressionable dumbshit minors incapable of making wise decisions of any kind
I read that scene more as "they're so fucked up that just pushing them back from it isn't going to do anything and they need to work past it themselves". The mechanic in either that scene or a later one seemed to reinforce that, being pretty resigned.
>>
>>15421191
>>15421197
Although upon reflection it wasn't so much that I didn't pay attention (because I did), it's just that I think it all went in one ear and out the other because there was nothing there to latch onto. I didn't care about this woman who spent half the series wrapped up in wondering if it was acceptable for her to feel bad for child soldiers because 'she didn't understand', or if doing so would be too condescending.
>>
>>15421200
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>15421220
I hope none of you guys are gonna say anything crazy like Relena > Kudelia
>>
>>15421220
Typical IBOfag
>>
>>15421228
Let's not go that far. She might not be engaging, but at least her character is recognisably a sane person working through conceivable (if slightly self indulgent) issues, as opposed to a bloody lunatic.
>>
>>15421231
I...what? I was expressing that I *didn't* care for the series, what on earth are you on about?
>>
>>15421228
I do
>>
>>15421214
But that's insane! They're clearly incapable of even recognising they have a problem, much less rectifying it! Regular children couldn't even do this, much less damaged ones!

The mechanic seemed less like he was resigned to them having to resolve it, and more like resignation that there was nothing that could be done at all.
>>
>>15421228
Relena is better than Kudelia.
>>
>>15421252
Have you never dealt with someone who steadfastly refused to admit their behaviour is a problem? Pushing them directly often only makes things worse by getting them defensive, which I think happened in the train scene (haven't watched it in a bit). You have to come at it sideways and/or wait for them to get to a point where they're ready to deal with it to have any chance of improving things. Or institutionalize them, but that's got piles of its own problems.

> more like resignation that there was nothing that could be done at all.
Nothing that he could do, certainly.
>>
>>15421318
All of which is why the show basically just pushed me into giving up on them. If left the way they're going they'll get themselves, each other and probably some other people killed, and they won't countenance any input from anyone but themselves, so they're fucked no matter what.
>>
>>15421327
Just like in real life!
>>
>>15421332
No, in real life I would probably still give a shit. But a fictional character has to have more going for them to elicit sympathy, and Tekkadan are clearly supposed to, they just don't. A sad backstory has never been a license to be an asshole.
>>
>>15421318
>>15421327
>>15421332
Although upon further thought, people can sometimes have their stubborn attitudes ground away by sufficient reinforcement of an idea over time (especially given other experiences prompting a changing outlook), and children are more mentally flexible than adults, whereas leaving them to get killed is fairly final. So I suppose I think she was right after all, her approach might have stood very little chance of succeeding, but it had more chance than doing nothing.

Man, the instant Biscuit went out everyone immediately went full retard, he really was the only functioning brain among the lot of them. But I guess that was why he had to die, IBO has that irritating habit a lot of 'gritty' stories have where bad things always (and only)happen to good people (usually with an unfeasibly high precision) and nothing is ever remotely positive (at least not for long before getting fucked again), and it all comes across as a tad bit too forced.
>>
>>15421391

I think the thing is with me, Tekkadan had opportunities to grow and change in the second season. They could have changed, they could have stopped and thought things through more, but ultimately they didn't. Everytime Orga thought about backing down, the rest were there to give him that push to continue on even as the losses were piling up.

In the end, I ultimately couldn't care about them. Sure, they were sympathetic and there were guys in Tekkadan I lived (Shino, Akihiro, Orga and the mechanic), but in the end being sympathetic isn't enough. They went down the wrong path, and each arc of the second season worked to push them there.

Still better than Destiny or Wing, but the writing was really forced and heavy-handed.
>>
>>15419641
IBO didn't even beat out G-Reco for second place on that last 'Worst Gendum' poll, and it didn't include shitters like Zeta or 08th MS. Try again.
>>
File: laugh at you i came to do.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
laugh at you i came to do.png
138KB, 375x375px
>>15419641
All of them.
>>
File: Iwanttoviolateyou.jpg (42KB, 600x684px) Image search: [Google]
Iwanttoviolateyou.jpg
42KB, 600x684px
>>15419641
Yes
>>
>>15420310
>the mecha design was mostly horrendous
Disagreed with everything starting from there
>>
>>15420919
>confronting every fucked up trope in the franchise
Please name them, Troper, and explain how IBO did it better or confronted them in a way that made sense
>Thought the world building was pretty great
All of the cities look pretty much the same, with little to distinguish them or their people and the only places that looked unique was McMurdo's mafia mansion, which was just a copy of traditional Japanese culture and Gjallajorn's offices
>>
>>15420048
>X
>G-Reco
Switch these with IBO and Destiny and you'd have the worst 5
>>
>>15421289
Seconding
>>
Voting for Destiny is pro establishment, votibg for Iron Menstruation is anti establishment.
>>
>>15421539
World building isn't literally "the buildings in the world".
>>
>>15419641
We have a lot of fake gundam fans on this board.
>>
>>15421391
>>15421456
>forced
FUCK OFF OKADA IS A FUCKING GREAT WRITER
>>
>>15421228
Kudelia is a better-developed character, but ultimately the show does fuck all with that development beyond making her queen of mars after a season where her main role was being part of Atra's threesome fantasies.
>>
>>15421632
I liked Evol and M3, IBO is still shit and inferior to Destiny.
>>
>>15421222
Typical UCfag response.
>>
>>15421623
I know its more than that, but it kinda sucks when the only two distinct places are GHQ and Yakuza. Mars doesn't feel any different from Dort doesn't feel any different from Edmonton. You see the issue?
>>
>>15419641
IBO isn't even close to being worse than Destiny. It's not even particularly bad.
>>
>>15420310
>mecha design was horrendous
false, G-Lucifer was glorious
>>
>>15421654
I see what you're getting at (and I apologize for insinuating you didn't know the term), but I'm not sure I agree. A lot of the cities themselves are similar in the broad strokes - and even then you have things like Chryse being obviously poorer, Edmonton being a lot more open than the colony and being surrounded by forest, etc. - but the environments in general are not. Makanai's island funhouse was pretty unique, and the only thing the massive train through the arctic (I think?) reminded me of was Fort Severn in GX.

More variety would've been nice, though.
>>
>>15419641
>destiny
>bad
when will this forced meme end?
>>
>>15420310
>would say that the mecha design was mostly horrendous
>the designs a punch in the eye
>the design were made horrible on purpose
What the fuck? G-Reco's mech designs and visuals were the best part.
>>
>>15421744
Always thought that thing looked like it was made by Fisher Price, which I guess was kind of the point.
>>
>>15421655
Oh stop samefagging
>>
>>15421743
Keep fighting the haters and never quit.
>>
>>15421743
When it turns into a good show.
>>
I feel like IBO wasn't even particularly bad. It just wasn't good.

Destiny was just bad all round and just rode on the coattails of Seed's success.
>>
G Savior
Canadians r gey
>>
>>15421001
>we still don't know what the fuck happened between Mika and Orga when they were children
How much do you wanna bet Okada just forgot about that plot point?
>>
>>15419641
Even Gundam SEED DESTINY was better than G Gundam, Turn A Gundam or Build Fighters/TRY
>>
>>15422075
I'd agree with you if it weren't for that retarded ending that IBO had.
>>
>>15422481
I know this is bait,
but I get the Autistic urge to take it.
>>
I still fap to Lunamaria while I never really cared for any of the girls in IBO, so Destiny wins for me I guess.
>>
>>15422650
That Fumitan and Todo doujin is amazing. IBO doesn't really have any other good porn aside from that though. Seed/Destiny was really the peak of Gundam porn.
>>
>>15422653
00 was no slouch in that department either. The amount of fanart Wang Liu Mei got after her appearance in episode 1 can only be seen recently in Kemono Friends' Shoebill.
>>
>>15422665
Seed/Destiny
BF/Try

Those are the top tier series when it comes to porn. Destiny still gets porn to this day which is incredible. That Meer statue lit a fire in artists. UC has some good stuff from Skirt Tsuki. The 90's series didn't get too much. IBO S1 got a bunch but S2 doesn't really have that much.
>>
>>15422665
But how much of the 00 stuff was hetero?
>>
File: c8UgpHK.jpg (341KB, 1366x2047px) Image search: [Google]
c8UgpHK.jpg
341KB, 1366x2047px
>>15419641
I never watched SEED so i voted for it.
>>
>>15422695
She's perfe-
>not highcut
She's garbage
>>
>>15422692
There certainly was a lot more straight stuff compared to gay, despite the pretty boys and character designs from a shonen ai mangaka. Unlike say, Iron "Yuri on Ice was really popular so let's put in some canon gay" Blooded Orphans.
>>
File: Religion of Peace.jpg (39KB, 284x346px) Image search: [Google]
Religion of Peace.jpg
39KB, 284x346px
>>15419641
Neither. Gundam AGE.
>>
>>15420889
Yeah I'm almost done with season one right now and it's pretty serviceable. I have some issues with it like the character moments being used in the wrong way, the padding, or things like the "I have a long lost brother who I haven't talked about yet but I need to for this episode to make sense" plot happening back to back but it's an alright show otherwise. Nothing offensive, nothing great.

I like Orga, Biscuit, and Atra but the rest of the cast is either bland, or irritating. Kudelia keeps retreading the same shit and it keeps her from being compelling, and Mika clearly has his plot arc lined out but they're just spinning on wheels so far and biding time so they can do things with him later.

Otherwise the show is pretty average. It's not even close to the worse Gundam. Season 2 is really going to have to shit the bed to make the series drop from average mediocrity.
>>
>>15422726
What? IBO's gay character predates Yuri on Ice.

Yamagi's first gay moment is really early on and it's built up over the first season.

Yuri on Ice's popularity likely wouldn't have been able to effect IBO's production.
>>
File: hahaha (you).jpg (196KB, 698x1528px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha (you).jpg
196KB, 698x1528px
>>15422481
>>
>>15422491
there was actually nothing wrong with the IBO ending though.

it's the opposite of Flawless Victory in Destiny.
>>
Basically this thread is confirming that a group of dedicated shitposters is behind the "IBO is the worst" meme when it's just meh from the average reaction, nothing warranting hate.
>>
>>15423400
>there was actually nothing wrong with the IBO ending though.
Said no gundam fan ever.
>>15423404
More like this fandom is divided and the establishment answers are no longer valid.
>>
>>15423404
This will only embolden us, we will redeem Destiny and bring this filth down into the bowels of failure where it belongs. We will never stop, we will never quit, we will stand tall, and we will succeed. It will take years, but if it could happen with Valvrave it can happen here. You illegit fans will try to picture yourselves without us, but you can't for w are the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass.
>>
>>15423433
>mods will defend this

Fucking shitposter culture
>>
>>15419641
Far too many morons have consumed the MAHQ and ANN kool aide. Good to know most of this board is made of fake gundam fans.
>>
File: DurandalGenius.gif (15KB, 646x484px) Image search: [Google]
DurandalGenius.gif
15KB, 646x484px
>>15419641

>Destiny still winning worst

IBO haters btfo as usual
>>
>>15423513
Give us time, we will change this establishment opinion. This will do nothing but give us a new goal to reach.
>>
File: beamspam.gif (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
beamspam.gif
45KB, 400x400px
>>15423518
Good luck with that.
>>
>>15423537
I miss beamspam, it is so much better than the low quality borefest that just finished
>>
I'm ep 20 of IBO and so far it's pretty good. Are you faggots over reacting again?
>>
>>15423578
Always.
>>
>>15423578
Found ANN, go back to crying over G-Reco.
>>
>>15423588
I should come here more often because I don't get this jojo reference.
>>
>>15423578
biscuit mika orga akihiko and shino all die and gjallahorn wins.
>>
>>15419641
178 fake fans to 70 true fans
>>
>>15423823
We have a lot of fake gundam fans, every day they need to be reminded they are wrong.
>>
>>15423901
It is mentality like this that prevents vvv from being well received. I am in, the pathetic results of this establishment favored poll shows the fandom needs to draw some lines.
>>
>>15423425
>More like this fandom is divided and the establishment answers are no longer valid.
72 to 28 isn't divided. It's a handful of newfags who jumped onto the Gundam ship because of the IBO dub who came here and subsequently jumped on the IBO is worst meme.

People who actually watched GSD cheered Morosawa's death. That's the kind of hate it incites.
>>
IBO S1 was well on its way to worst ever status but S2 managed to make it barely decent.
>>
>>15424213
I couldn't disagree more. Watching season one now it's average at worst, decent at best.
>>
>>15424276
Of all the shows to defend to the dying breath why SEED Destiny? I just can't comprehend it.
>>
>>15423968
Those Destiny haters that cheered for someone's death are scum and are fake fans, you being one of them.
>>
>>15424391
A fake gundam fan would never get it.
>>
>>15423968
That is a divide and a slowly growing minority that will be the majority with time. We will see to it daily.
>>
>>15424417

>we will see to it.

Good to know you have nothing better to do with your time, you waste of skin.
>>
>>15419641
Where's zeta?
>>
>>15424411
If being a true Gundam fan means like Cosmic Century than I'm good being a fake fan. Fuck the CC.
>>
File: Gundam Thunderbolt.jpg (178KB, 864x1195px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Thunderbolt.jpg
178KB, 864x1195px
>>15420162
>>15421624
>>15423506
>>15423823
>>15423901
>>15424398
>>15424411
>>15424443
A fake Gundam fan is an AU shiteater who refuses to watch UC era Gundam since it's "too old".
A true Gundam fan knows that UC is objectively the best timeline and that all other AU works pale in comparison.
Pic related. It's what the true Gundam fans are watching and enjoying.
>>
>>15424477

Maybe UC would be halfway as good as you insinuate it is if it was willing to leave the Zeonic birdcage in which it sits.
>>
>>15424490
What the fuck are you talking about? UC already concluded with Char's Counterattack and tied up loose ends with Unicorn. The only other works coming out that involve Zeon are prequels (Origin) and spinoffs (Thunderbolt, Twiliight Axis). There is no birdcage because the story already has a beginning and end, but there's more to tell in the middle.
>>
File: 1484617945537.jpg (665KB, 1328x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484617945537.jpg
665KB, 1328x1080px
>>15422700
That is not an accurate cosplay.
>>
>>15424544

>there is no birdcage
>every single piece of UC work that has come out since Victory, with the exception of the tiny niche that is Hasegawa's ongoing Crossbone stuff and G-Reco, has visited the same old dull stomping ground of the One Year War again and again and again

Sure there isn't.

Fuck potential for decent stories, we gotta get that mad easy yen, yo.
>>
>>15424560
What the fuck are you even trying to say? The One Year War and Zeon are both integral parts of UC lore. You can't make a UC story without acknowledging the events of the past and how they affect the current setting.

You're saying that there should be a UC story where they pretend that that shit never happened?
That's like saying we should pretend that World War II and Nazi Germany never happened. You're retarded.
>>
>>15424587
>You can't make a UC story without acknowledging the events of the past and how they affect the current setting.
>>
>>15424587

>You're saying that there should be a UC story where they pretend that that shit never happened?
That's like saying we should pretend that World War II and Nazi Germany never happened. You're retarded.

How in the seven hells did you infer that gem, of all things, from what I said?

No, you blithering imbecile. UC isn't hot shit patrician taste because instead of tapping into the potential it possesses all it ever fucking does is rehash its roots.

At least some AUs try to break the mould, whether or not they're successful in that is an entirely different matter. Give me a compelling AU any day, because all UC ever results in now is more Zeon shit.
>>
>>15424599
Victory is different because it take place more than half a century after the One Year War. Other works like Unicorn and the upcoming Twilight Axis aren't that many years ahead of Early UC, so they should acknowledge it.
>>
>>15424613
>I wasn't talking about the things that don't support my claim
It's still UC.
But to further refute your point:
0080 did not explain the One Week Battle, the colony drop, G3 gas attacks, the RX-78, White Base, or newtypes. All you get is "Zeon is rebelling against the Federation" and "The Federation doesn't even HAVE mobile suits" (which is actually shown to be untrue by the opening battle between Cyclops Team and some GMs) and it told its story beautifully.
>>
>>15424603
Jesus Christ you're retarded. Victory, Turn A, F91, Crossbone, and the recent G-Reco were all part of UC canon that took place centuries afterwards and didn't involve the One Year War and Zeon.

For other works that take place closer to the One Year War, it makes sense that they acknowledge OYW and Zeon.

Who fucking cares if there are stories that revisit Early UC so long as they're good?
Early UC is the most popular timeline and has plenty of room to expand, so there's no problem in making more UC so long as it's good.

I have nothing against AUs unless they turn out to be an absolute mess. UC on the other hand has remained consistently good since it's held sacred by the fans and creators, so new stories are taken very seriously so as not to fuck it up.

An AU series' efforts to break the mold don't mean shit if they turn out to be a fucking mess like Gundam SEED Destiny or Iron Blooded Orphans.
>>
>>15424644
I never said it needs to go into the minutiae of EVERY thing that happens in UC. Just the important parts that serve as the backbone of the universe's history like the One Year War and Federation vs. Zeon. 0080 DID acknowledge these, and yes it was great.
>>
>>15424587
>That's like saying we should pretend that World War II and Nazi Germany never happened. You're retarded.

What? We have modern war stories and modern wars that don't revolve around WW2
>>
>>15424683
That's not what I meant shithead. I said story and characters in an Early UC setting pretending that the One Year War and Nazi Germany never happened would be like if human beings in the real world in our current era suddenly forgot about World War II and Nazi Germany. Understand?
>>
>>15424477
Typical fake fan response hiding behind UCfaggotry
>>
>>15424798
All I am getting from this thread is that morons out number people with functioning brains.
>>
>>15424391
It is the best in the franchise while utter failure is worst.
>>
>>15424668
>>15424798
Dumb AUposters...
>>
>>15424819
Dumb UCfags
>>
>>15419641
I knew we had an idiot problem, butover 200? Yikes.
>>
>>15424854
Nah, our idiot problem is thanks to just one person: YOU, the asspained samefagging SEEDfag. Go away.
>>
>>15424872
You are the only asspained one here, IBOfag.
>>
>>15419641
Seeing thischart gives me a sense of superiority over whiny CE haters that will diminish in a generation.
>>
>>15419641
Destiny only disappointed me. IBO pissed me off. There's a difference. Do not let Okada write another Gundam please.
>>
>>15424878
Who said I was an IBOfag? I thought we all agreed that both shows were shit in this thread. It's a poll over which was worse. If you want to discuss your love for CE, I suggest going to MAL.
>>15424887
GSD ended over a decade ago and people are still talking shit about it. People will continue to talk shit about it or forget about it completely while UC will always be fondly remembered. Cry some more.
>>
>>15424819
>AU
that stopped being a thing over 17 years ago.
>>
>>15424904
>Do not let Okada write another anime please.
FTFY
>>
>all this "only fake fans think SEED Destiny was the worst"
>only 28% of the people who voted think IBO was worse
>>
File: 1486463956116.jpg (76KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486463956116.jpg
76KB, 960x720px
Z = TA > X > 0079 > UC > V > ZZ > G > W > SEED > G-Reco > AGE > 00 > IBO > Destiny
>>
>>15419641

Destiny jumped the shark when Kira lived. Otherwise it's good watching up to that point.
>>
File: 1471638778601.jpg (55KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
1471638778601.jpg
55KB, 640x475px
>>15420310
Thank you for claiming the title of wrongest post on /m/, all previous posts are now marginally less incorrect by comparison
>>
>>15423518
Through excessive shitposting, I assume?
>>
>>15424477
Only Thunderbolt is also some weird AU rather than true UC.

It just takes the UC setting and runs off god knows where with it.
>>
>>15425155
What are you talking about? Thunderbolt is a side story spinoff that doesn't retcon UC in the slightest.
>>
>>15424962
And most people are morons, the fake fans outed themselves
>>
>>15419641
>even /m/, reduced to a contrarian shell of its former glory, still can't shitpost hard enough to overturn how awful Destiny was
B
T
F
O
>>
>>15424660
>Who fucking cares if there are stories that revisit Early UC so long as they're good?

They aren't, and that's the problem.

>Victory, Turn A, F91, Crossbone, and the recent G-Reco were all part of UC canon that took place centuries afterwards and didn't involve the One Year War and Zeon.

No shit. I'm talking about what UC has been doing since Victory aired, which is exhuming Zeon's corpse time and time again for easy money.

Do you lack basic reading comprehension?
>>
>>15425813
Not quite BTFO yet, there is still a quarter that voted in another direction. Give it a year or two to give it traction and Destiny could be overthrown as worst gundam.
>>
>>15426532
Except in a year or two the 'IT'S NEW, LET'S HATE IT' fad will fade from BO, and you'll either be making polls with Twilight Axis or some other new show vs Destiny, and Destiny will still have a hefty lead.

New series to shitpost come and go, but GSD's cancer is forever.
>>
>>15426609
You thought the same thing with VVV but it still gets hot dumps all the time. Liberals said similar rhetoric to conservatives and now who's in the white house. Destiny's time as worst will not be forever, time to get over it. That 30% will go over 50 in time, we will ensure it.
>>
>>15419641
>expects a blow out
>actually a 70/30 split

Oh deer in a year IBO really might topple Destiny for position of worst gundam. Why are CE haters celebrating a hollow victory exactly?
>>
>>15420090
Watch remaster BD version
>>
>>15426636
CE haters are fake fans with low brain function, by voting for IBO here one proves they are smarter than so called peers.
>>
File: Gundam Thunderbolt.jpg (603KB, 1661x2330px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Thunderbolt.jpg
603KB, 1661x2330px
>>15426172
>They aren't, and that's the problem.
Now you're just baiting. Gundam Thunderbolt is only an hour long and it absolutely destroys IBO. And Unicorn was good too despite its mixed reception amongst fans.
>>
>>15426887
>Unicorm was good
STOP.
>>
>>15426937
What's wrong with Unicorn?
>>
>>15426937
It was, but only eps 4 and 7, the rest was fap material to talking fetishists.
>>
>>15420201
Your English is pretty objectable
>>
File: samefag fail.jpg (108KB, 510x1499px) Image search: [Google]
samefag fail.jpg
108KB, 510x1499px
>>15426900
>>
>>15427161
Classic samefag misdirection. You are literally the only one here saying that the Jesus Yamato show is good. You're either baiting or your taste is really that awful. Nobody here likes GSD or IBO. Fuck off back to MAL.
>>
>>15424477
Fucking this. Really sick of characters like Kira or Heero and Mobile Suits like the Strike Freedom making fav lists instead of actually good characters like Amuro. Throughout my time as a Gundam fan, the only AU I can actually get along with is G Gundam.
>>
>>15428036
Agreed. I liked G, Wing, and 00, but UC is objectively the best.
>>
>>15427291
>UCfags try their old bag of tricks
Nice try, fake fan.
>>15428036
Amuro (or even UC characters in general) are not that good.
>>
>>15424914
>believing in a gunpla manual.
>>
File: time to stop.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
time to stop.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
>>15429019
>>
>>15426629
It still holds the crown as the worst gendum though, that's all that matters.
>>
>>15429672
Not for long, fake fan.
>>
File: 800.png (146KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
800.png
146KB, 625x626px
>>15430035
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.