[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

went out of the loop after W, heard from a friend shit happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

File: re_tards.png (6KB, 342x90px) Image search: [Google]
re_tards.png
6KB, 342x90px
went out of the loop after W, heard from a friend shit happened with Gaim.

what went wrong?
>>
>>15419596
acorns.
all because of acorns.
>>
File: Aesir Warring Shitstorm.png (1MB, 3000x4338px) Image search: [Google]
Aesir Warring Shitstorm.png
1MB, 3000x4338px
It's a feat making TVN look better in a contest of autistic screeching
>>
>>15419668
Good times.
What happened when it was revealed that the driver was called like that beacause of it's creator?
>>
>>15419740
Warring Statesman, right?
>>
>>15419596
Magenta lost his shit over gamergate and burned every single bridge he made in the last decade. Not on here, I mean with his actual friends and people in that weird sphere of professional translators who do fansub stuff on the side.

Also this>>15419668 but that's par for the course for every show he worked on, exact same thing happened with Gobusters.
>>
>>15419740
Magenta stuck with Ryoma Warring for the weekly release claiming he'd fix it in the v2 batch. Everyone rubbed it in his face because this was the second time translating proper nouns bit him in the ass and he was bitter about it. Almost every argument he made in favor for it was eventually smashed away by the show too. It was great.
>>
>>15419997
Honestly, OT in general is weird about that.

>Let's translate all the Kyurangers, despite their names already being romanized by Toei! THIS TOTALLY MAKES SENSE
>>
File: subgoku taisen.jpg (76KB, 454x580px) Image search: [Google]
subgoku taisen.jpg
76KB, 454x580px
>>15419668
>>
>>15419668
This got amazing when Sengoku Ryouma was an actual character. At that point, all hell broke loose
>>
>>15420035
Sagara really came out the left field for me
>Oh hey some background exposition guy. Alright
>Turns out he's an enabler to the bad guys' schemes. Cool twist.
>His mayfly bit with Kouta locked in the tower. Huh, there's some depth to him. I'm on board.
>Change an earth orange into Kachidoki Arms. Woah who is this guy
>Turns out to be literally Helheim in man form.

I'm not saying the character made sense or if he was good or bad. I'm saying I really enjoyed the character
>>
>>15419760
He didn't burn every bridge, just most of them. He started a new with a new identity far away from toku.
>>
>>15419760
>Magenta lost his shit over gamergate
Really? I thought it was just some false rumour someone made up one day, as usual.
>>
>>15419668
Is there something like this for the "heavenrend' bullshit in Nymphogear?
>>
>>15420113
Nope, pretty accurate summary of events. There was a minor civil war over it on toku fansub twitter at the time.
>>
>>15420114
memesubs are the least of that franchise's worries, my man
>>
>>15420113
even TE called him out
>>
>>15420174
>>15420113
It's even better: TE hadn't even heard of gamergate, Magenta filled him in, and when TE didn't like how the retarded media was insulting gamers who didn't even have anything to do with gamergate he went around badmouthing her and burned all bridges with her.

Note that TE is a lesbian who uploaded photos taken from marching inside the Tokyo Rainbow Parade which is a gay pride parade.
>>
>>15420117
Subgoku War was hilarious, but it highlighted how little options exist for toku
>>
>>15420279
What did you expect from the most niche genre of entertainment?
>>
>>15421481
A little more variety and less internal shit flinging?
>>
On top of everything else, working on Smile Precure slowly drove Magenta mad before the big schism happened.

>>15423221
I'm glad that the groups subbing Metal Heroes are generally more reasonable (especially the guy tackling the Rescue Police trilogy).
>>
He's RTA.

RTA's subs are overlocalized, just like Magenta. His grammar is also run-ons like Magenta. He writes "alright" when it's "all right." Plus, notice how RTA never communicates with the community. it's because if RTA were to interact with the community, everyone would realize it's Magenta.
>>
>>15420081
Urobuchi does like the twists with the Trickster figure. There is a similar guy in Thunderbolt Fantasy who was manipulating everyone turned out to be a master swordsman who could one shot the main villain if he had wanted to .
>>
>>15424355
this is scarily plausible. and magenta/aesir had a very quick release schedule just like rta.
>>
>>15424355
>overlocalized
What does this even mean? You may not like a localization, but it's binary. It's either been localized or it hasn't.
>>
File: 1406067284971.gif (301KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1406067284971.gif
301KB, 500x281px
>>15424355
>Magenta
>cranking out subs anywhere near that fast
someone wasn't around during Gaim.
>>
>>15419997
Sadly iirc it wasn't even his idea. It was that bitch Lynxara who put it in his head (she is currently complaining about ex-aid's aesthetics and the doctors not being realistic)
>>
>>15424392
The releases were usually the day after Gaim aired. And then he had a crew to look over the scripts. If he is working alone, it's totally plausible he could do it faster by himself.
>>
>>15424396
>Lynxara
Isn't she the reason ScissorsJaguar doesn't even show up anymore? The latter basically exploded on /ssg/, if I recall.
>>
>>15424392
but he always did it within <15 hours and that's cause he had a friend who would tell him to rewrite shit because it was way too off the mark.
>>
>>15424396
>>15424402
who is lynxara?

tldr for me/eli5
>>
>>15424401
>>15424405
lolwut, there were multiple times he dropped episodes on like, Friday night
>>
>>15420010
That makes more sense though. I don't get why people are so butthurt about it either.

They're the Japanese names for the constellations and OT is using the more common Latin names. It's different than romanizing a reference to the sengoku-era. It's awkward to have Hammy say "Spada is from the Dorado system" and then have Spada call himself Kajiki Yellow.

>>15424355
I thought that at first too but Ignis confirmed it is not Magenta and that Magenta hasn't talked to any of them since the incident. They're also friendly with RTA and I get the sense that they don't really want Magenta back.

Excite's translator was also confirmed to not be Magenta.
>>
>>15424406
different anon here.
the latest he ever did them was like by tuesday.
>>
>>15424409
Yeah Gaim always varied. They released one episode only like two or three hours after it aired, and then others were released after the next episode aired. It was never consistent at all.

On a sidenote did anyone cap his huge blow up on twitter?
>>
>>15424414
how does one verify it isn't magenta, though?
for all we know, it could be just one giant ruse by Magenta who's trying to build a friendship under a new name.
>>
>>15424406
An editor for MFC, who continually uses her Twitter as a soapbox for her radical opinions and retweeting politics.

Given all the fansub drama before and since then, I really don't blame Kou for not posting on her Twitter or Facebook anymore.
>>
>>15424420
Because Ignis seems to know RTA personally.

Besides Magenta is way to much of a dramaqueen to just hide who he is.
>>
>>15424432
RTA is magenta's side translator from gaim
think about it.
>>
>>15424444
caphi? it doesn't seem he watches it or likes it and is just retweeting lynxara's drivel about ex-aid.
>>
>>15424444
Now it being Caphi I can believe.
>>
>>15424432
>Besides Magenta is way to much of a dramaqueen to just hide who he is.

He has been hiding for awhile. We know he has had a private twitter account followed by some of his online friends after he deleted his main one following his breakdown.
>>
>tfw defending Magenta during the Go-Bus Oh/King fiasco
>tfw I was okay with Warring Driver and the rationale
Then he lost his fucking mind over Gamergate, pretty sad
>>
what was gamergate even about? why was magenta so upset over it?
>>
>>15424473
Because he's mentally ill.
>>
>>15424499
I think that statement applies to most of the normal subbing scene. Normal people don't stay subbers for very long.
>>
>>15424514
>Take has been around for a decade now
Is he actually autistic?
>>
>>15424514
I'm amazed that Sailor Otaku manages to remain sane, even after having initially been an ordinary regular poster on here.
>>
>>15424523
>Take doesn't sub Ex-Aid
Good.
>>
File: Aesir.jpg (201KB, 640x1158px) Image search: [Google]
Aesir.jpg
201KB, 640x1158px
Magenta is a fool
Yes I know it was more than him on it, but whatever
>>
>>15424575
Megan did at least step up and say no to Ornac.
>>
File: 1390780996285.gif (2MB, 400x215px) Image search: [Google]
1390780996285.gif
2MB, 400x215px
The important thing to remember is there was a sub war and I made subs for a couple episode by feeding a few scripts through the swedish chef translator. Good times.
>>
>>15424617
Gaim is the gift that kept on giving while it aired
>>
>>15424531
What? Did TVN go under?
>>
>>15424617
The Subgoku Wars was the most beautiful time to be alive.
>>
>>15424628
No they're still around. Had a new translator on Drive who was actually pretty good by TV-N standards. Still the same wet dogshit hardsub encodes though. Also their sub effects got worse.
>>
>>15424818
Is that even physically possible?
>>
>>15424858
no. it's take in disguise
>>
>>15424858
I think the new translator does Rider, and then Take does Sentai with other shows being split up a bit. They also have a lot of free time so they sped through retranslating a lot of TV-N's older stuff and putting out HD releases for the,. They're not anything special but they're a better translator than Take.

A few people think XIG and the new translator are the same but I have my doubts because if they were they'd just release under TV-N.
>>
>>15426048
What's XIG?
>>
>>15426752
Subber that released complete subs for the original Rider series and Super-1.
>>
>>15420113

Nah it was legit. Nobody that took gamergate seriously beyond just using it as an excuse to make fun of game journos again came out of it looking good but people like Magenta and RyuLong are the only toku-related ones that really ate shit as a result. At least, that come to mind.

t. /v/irgin
>>
>>15424414
>Excite's translator was also confirmed to not be Magenta.

I thought Excite was just made up of former OrangeLion guys. And if it isn't, then where are they, I want muh Den-O.
>>
>>15424387
Is calling a samurai a samurai localization?

I would say calling a samurai a japanese knight overlocalization.
>>
File: the day v destroyed the site.png (1MB, 1200x640px) Image search: [Google]
the day v destroyed the site.png
1MB, 1200x640px
>>15426879
>Nah it was legit. Nobody that took gamergate seriously beyond just using it as an excuse to make fun of game journos again came out of it looking good but people like Magenta and RyuLong are the only toku-related ones that really ate shit as a result. At least, that come to mind.
>
No fuck you, you faggots couldn't shut up about that retardation and dragged the whole site down with you, if aynone didn't agree with you here you would let out your autistic war cry and say they were a sjw , you sub humans kept screaming about how the mods and moot were wrong for trying to stop you cunts from spamming the whole site

You also showed how much of a gag of retarded clowns /v/ really is with that idiotic cripple chan bullshit

You niggers are the reason we lost moot and got a asianjew who gives subzero shits about the site, you don't get to pull the "its just a prank bro" card, man the fuck up you manchildren, th reason /m/ is so fucking shitty today is because of you cunts

The height of your autism was pic related
>>
>>15426932
The only time you go way overboard is when you start calling samurai "bushi."
>>
File: popumi.jpg (129KB, 357x992px) Image search: [Google]
popumi.jpg
129KB, 357x992px
>>15424530
Part of it is that I don't do weeklies, just classic shows that appeal to peoples' nostalgia. People are a lot meaner when you're working on weekly shows. It also helps when I like the shows I sub, so it's not like when Magenta was working on Smile Precure and wanted to die.
>>
>>15427870
>hurr /v/ is a hivemind

Nah, you can fuck off though. The only reason it got this big was because of thin-skinned idiots like you.

>man the fuck up

The irony
>>
>>15426048
TVN doesn't really do old shows, besides that time they dabbled on Changeman (back when Kingranger was their leader). They seem to be content to link people to Hi no Tori, for old stuff. And as it's being pointed out, TVN rarely promotes other subbers' stuff except Hi no Tori and now XIG, and Hi no Tori has had TVN staffers before.
>>
>>15428012
Those are good points, yeah. Only downside to working on older shows (besides lack of captions in some cases) is how long or wordplay-heavy they can be, but enthusiasm goes a long way for those, especially when alone.

>>15428337
It still gets me that their Megaranger project wasn't finished until years after MFC had done the whole thing anyway. That said, they did tackle the Japanese Transformers before better people redid those.
>>
Remember when Magenta sperged out when Xseed used the word trap for Akiba's Trip
>>
>>15420035
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQRn65wLbn0
The Subgoku war was a great time, I just hope we never need another one.
>>
>>15428356
TF Headmasters/Masterforce/Victory was one of those early internet holy grails
>>
>>15428490

It's nice that recently Karyuudo Fansubs did a good job subbing Car Robots and Beast Wars 2, the latter of which had never been subbed. They're intending to do Beast Wars Neo as well. Good guys.
>>
>>15428370

Nah but I remember when one of the localizers came here asking for advice on how to translate some gundam references. good times.
>>
>>15424396
she specifically said something along the lines of "if you feel that's the best call, go for it"

She wasn't even that ahead in the show back then
>>
Only thing worth getting mad at Magenta for is killing the Decade resub.

>>15426882
Not even close. That was just one shitposter trying to get people to hate Excite back when they started.
>>
File: 1466334689465.png (645KB, 568x602px) Image search: [Google]
1466334689465.png
645KB, 568x602px
>>15429653
>no Decade resub
>no Den-O resub

onore indeed
>>
>>15424402
No, that one was my fault. He had this one sided hateboner and kept shitposting about it unprompted. I blew up on him and he decided to retire afterwards.
>>
>>15424575
You know, I totally understand when places like Nintendo pull this sort of shit off as part of the localization process, but that there are fucking fan-subbers arrogant enough to think that they have the right to just randomly rename characters for no reason simply boggles my mind.
>>
>>15430862
I remember a blogpost on the Aesir site around the time Gaim aired where Magenta literally compared the fansubbing process to writing fanfiction, I wish I could find it now. We should have taken it as a sign of things to come.
>>
>>15429653
>killing the Decade resub
Wait? Really? Fuck him.
>>
>>15429653
I'm more annoyed about Dendoh's subs not getting finished.
>>
>>15419596
Very bad decisions
>>
so is para-dx subgroup magenta?
>>
File: image_93c7c550.jpg (27KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
image_93c7c550.jpg
27KB, 629x354px
>>15433518
He's gone
>>
>>15433588
you think a faggot like magenta who's been watching power rangers, sentai, and kamen rider for all his life would simply just leave?
>>
>>15433590

He apparently had a complete meltdown over Gamergate and has scarcely been seen since, so...probably?
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.