[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fourth J9 series announced in 2014 was just a lie, wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: GDWJ J9.jpg (37KB, 400x192px) Image search: [Google]
GDWJ J9.jpg
37KB, 400x192px
The fourth J9 series announced in 2014 was just a lie, wasn't it ?
>>
File: 1056013.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1056013.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
It's more that the J9 head writer had a dream to raise a new generation of artists and animators, only for it to be over before it even started.
>>
File: J9.jpg (21KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
J9.jpg
21KB, 190x190px
>Adios.
>>
>tfw I saw this thread and I thought a new series was coming out.
>>
>>15419100
The current anime climate doesn't seem suitable for continuations or reboots of old franchises.

It's pretty sad but it's the truth.
>>
>>15419100
They post updates monthly: http://www.jinraiger.com/news

Suffice to say they want to make it but have run into issues. Basically the last updates of note for the last two years:

The production committee was first formed December 2015 with Pierrot sitting as the studio tapped to animate it. The next few months of updates were optimistic. A couple months into the year they announced that staff had been selected to work on it and that they would announcement them soon. They mentioned they were interested in foreign licensing. They started doing paid Niconico updates including weekly video updates about what's going on and different aspects of production as well as a novelization of the what they have so far.

And that's about where the honeymoon ended. I think it was the September and October 2016 updates that they mentioned there have been some undisclosed issues in production. In the December 2016 end of year announcement Yuu Yamamoto expressed disappointment that he wasn't able to announce when it would air. There was also some bits about a movie version but my Japanese is far too poor to make sense of it and Google translate mangles it.

Starting February they switched back to the format they were using before the December 2015 announcement, with their monthly updates focused around an interview between someone in the project and Yuu Yamamoto talking about some aspect of production - usually characters - as well as some thoughts about decisions made with the earlier J9 series. The update posted yesterday talked a bit about Isaac from Braiger and parallels with one of the characters planned for Jinraiger.
>>
>>15419633
>The current anime climate doesn't seem suitable for continuations or reboots of old franchises.

Lol what the hell are you smoking ? We are basking in remakes and continuations of old anime shows. Remaks and continuations that are either other anime shows or real live action shows.
>>
they also have a twitter
https://twitter.com/jinraiger_gdw
>>
>>15419100
>>15419766
Was the Jinraiger production slow?
>>
Why is it always the /m/ shows that become shovelware
>>
>>15421701
You mean vaporware, right?

Still, better to not get off the ground than having your wings clipped mid-broadcast.
>>
>>15419766
They're also publishing it sloooowly as a paid web novel. I'm tempted to buy and TL.
>>
Youd think with all those J9 niconico meme videos they wouldve gotten this done without hiccups
>>
>>15421701
>>15421711
"mid-broadcast" is probably the key point. /m/ stuff is chasing the '80s glory days of, mostly, slower toy distribution and syndication which accidentally led to sprawling long complex plotlines.

if Yamamoto wants three seasons to do his thing again, he's going to have a long long wait finding companies who want to finance three seasons up front sight unseen. even Nandai is only committing to two seasons up front for Gundam lately. and i wouldn't blame him at all if he doesn't think he can do justice to a Water Margin-based concept in one.
>>
>>15423339
>long complex plotlines
>>
File: Bryger.png (230KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bryger.png
230KB, 640x480px
Guys, my dad works for studio Pierrot.
He told me they're actually actively trying to slow down the project until Crinn finish subbing Baxinger and Sasuraiger.
>>
>>15423503
>not thinking the subninjas are responsible for stopping anything J9-related
Seriously, it's some advanced proactive prevention on their part.

>>15423339
>if Yamamoto wants three seasons to do his thing again, he's going to have a long long wait finding companies who want to finance three seasons up front sight unseen. even Nandai is only committing to two seasons up front for Gundam lately.
A fair point on that, even something like Time Bokan 24 has to be split into separate seasons now. Long runner shows seem to be in the minority these days unless they are huge established brands (like One Piece and Shin-Chan), an advertisement for toys, cards and/or monsters, or both at once.
>>
>>15419633
You fucking what now? There's been a couple in recent years and even one that did very well.

Right now is the perfect time for a J9 revival.
>>
>>15423857
What would you call "very well"? Yamato is a serious exception. It's incredibly iconic and one of the top three influences on anime, and even then it had to be forced through as reboot movies with cancellation potential mainly backed by a toy company.

As fun as J9 can be, and as much as the existing fanbase likes it, its public exposure this millennium is mostly >>15423155 's nicopoop. It's like saying "The new Star Wars trilogy is breaking records, now is the perfect time to reboot Alf!".

It also doesn't help that Yamamoto basically disappeared from history after UY, and has only focused on writing. No fresh contacts and can't lead the project when it does happen.
>>
>>15425916
>one of the top three influences on anime
?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.