[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G Gundam's episode plots are really formulaic. Running plot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

G Gundam's episode plots are really formulaic. Running plot revolves around the mystery of his brother, which it does nothing to attempt to invest the audience in. Hope you care about super generic shonen protag and his problems automatically because they're not going to any lengths to convince you. As such, it just kind of comes off as bootleg michael bay: No real depth, you're there for the action. The rest is an excuse to have said action.
Which can sometime be alright, but mecha combat seems really samey to me, and especially if every fight is just a slog of head-on smacking each other, stalling until burning finger.
So with nothing really going for it but the action, and the action the same every time, by episode 3 I felt like I had seen everything the show had to offer and came off with the urge to browse 4Chan on my phone when it was on because the show itself didn't hold my interest, so I gave my excitedly expectant roommate a "*shrug* Still not my thing."

He insisted it gets better somewhere by the second half of the second season, something about zombies, but just introducing zombies to mindless action hasn't fixed a single title they've tried that with so i had my doubts, also having to endure 3/4 a show just to hit its sweet spot is not my idea of a good time.

I realize this is probably not the majority experience, but it is mine. Different strokes for different folks.
>>
While I get how offputting those early episodic formulas can be, many episodes are in and of themselves worth watching and tell good stories, and open up plotlines which are later directly followed upon. Very few episodes of G are true 100% filler, and the payoff from 38 onward is massive.

But to each their own. Don't know why you felt the need to whine about the show on the web after watching 3 episodes.
>>
>>15419075
>No real depth, you're there for the action. The rest is an excuse to have said action.
Don't talk shit about G Gundam when you don't know anything about it.

G Gundam is a classic Chinese martial arts drama told with giant robots. It has the emotional depth that none of the other Gundam series can reach.
>>
>>15419075
Stick to IBO then
>>
>>15419075
Literally nobody cares especially when you haven't even watched it. But don't bother coming back when you have, we still won't care. You even concede that different strokes are for different folks, so why even fucking make this thread?

>Running plot revolves around the mystery of his brother
this is incorrect

>which it does nothing to attempt to invest the audience in.
this is wrong

> care about super generic shonen protag and his problems automatically because they're not going to any lengths to convince you.
you tried

>mecha combat seems really samey to me, and especially if every fight is just a slog of head-on smacking each other, stalling until burning finger.
as opposed to what exactly

Talking about the show before master asia appears holds absolutely no meaning or relevance, I don't know why you decided to go off on such a big paragraph to say so little. You're 3 fucking episodes in, are you operating on some shitty r/anime 3 episode rule shit? This isn't some seasonal 13 episode dumpster fire, it takes more than 3 episodes for you to know what's going on. You sound like the type of pussy who drops Fist of the North Star by the time mr. heart dies
>>
>>15420595
True. It is all about manly feels and epic set ups for the battles, and the hot blooded battles of course.The characters are also fantastic. I also struggled to make it to the 2nd half op, but it was so worth it. Once you get to the main tournament everything comes together and gets really heart wrenching.
>>
>>15419075
>>15420658
I was going to say something but you went in for me
>>
>>15419075
Yeah but Domon is a grown man and his girlfriend isn't just an object but actually useful and it makes all the difference in the world.
Also the English dub. I tried to watch Japanese Domon the other day and he sounds like he's phoning it in half the time jesus
Although Chibodee's episode is far more amusing in Japanese with all the English
>>
>>15419075
>G Gundam's episode plots are really formulaic
Nothing wrong with that
>>
>>15419075
There's nothing wrong with a formulaic shonen story if it's done well. G Gundam was done well. Really well. It helps that it has Gundams from all over the world fighting each other so it sticks out from other shonen anime. It also helps that Domon and Rain are characters that make actual progress and development as opposed to more popular Gundam boys like Jesus or Heero. We don't love it because it's ground breaking, we love it because it's just great.
>>
>>15419075
>G Gundam's episode plots are really formulaic
It's been that way forever.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.