[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

from August 2016 Magazyn Arigato #25 (Poland) Interview with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: okladka25.jpg (153KB, 355x511px) Image search: [Google]
okladka25.jpg
153KB, 355x511px
from August 2016 Magazyn Arigato #25 (Poland)
Interview with Shoji Kawamori

>I need to ask you about my favourite Macross, but I’m scared!
Don’t be scared, I’m curious now [laughs]

>It’s Macross 7, I enjoy it a lot!
Why are you scared? [laughs] I don’t hate it or anything. Creatively, it was a failure, but as a tv anime it was a success. The record companies were happy, the models sold well, and the music is still popular.

>But you think it’s a failure, still?
Yes. Look. The thing about Macross 7 was that it was conceptually bankrupt. At the proposal meeting, Tetsu-kun (Tetsuro Amino, Macross 7 director) said ‘I see the protagonist piloting a Valkyrie with an electric guitar’. He looked into my eyes as the silence fell on the room.

>He was looking for guidance?
Yes, that was it. Tetsu-kun is very talented and I trusted him completely. I thought the idea was ridiculous! But I looked him in the eye and said ‘Tetsu-kun, it’s your show’. I only came up with the character Gamlin and his concept in the triangle.

>Gamlin is definitely my favourite, I love his Wolverine-hair.
Everyone says that! I honestly did not do that on purpose. My concept for Gamlin was someone who was Constantly Unstoppable, Constantly Key. Nothing would get in his way and he would remain pivotal to the story’s events.

>So, what’s your final verdict on Macross 7?
It’s definitely not Trash, but it isn’t Dynamite either. I’d say if the Galaxy is Calling Nekki Basara, I probably wouldn’t pick up, it’s likely to be a marketing call.

>Kawamori-san, thank you so much
>>
File: VF-31A.jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
VF-31A.jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
>>15405020
The guy that made Delta complaining about a Macross series being conceptually bankrupt?

Kawamori really does need to back off and just be the VF designer. He really doesn't have anything else to offer the franchise.
>>
Kawamori didn't create Gamlin tho
>>
>>15405039
kawamori should step off if he refuses to let go that fucking vf-22ish frame , only the drakken had something new, every other desing since the messiah seems like the same frame with 2 or 3 pieces swithed around
>>
File: 8.jpg (80KB, 800x662px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
80KB, 800x662px
I really don't understand why the fuck someone is interviewing Kawamori in 2016 and asking about Macross 7. Am I missing something? Is it like Big in Poland or something?
>>
>>15405642
>Am I missing something?
no, as long you're living in America CA, aka the central of universe.
>>
>>15405916
you got a problem with america bro?
>>
>>15405039
He has ideas though.

Just needs someone else to flesh out the ideas.
>>
>inb4 polishfag drama
>>
>>15405020
He came up with Gamlin? Fuck, why wasn't he the main character? I fucking hated Basara.
>>
>>15405020
Eat shit, 7fags.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.