[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /m/ I recently picked this up and I'm liking it a lot,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 64

Hey /m/ I recently picked this up and I'm liking it a lot, even if it seems a little too eager in trying to be an obvious commercial in some places. What are your thoughts on the series? I'm only up to episode 6.

The whole "I'm a prince from another world" thing is pretty weird though. Don't really know why they needed that. The fights are pretty cool and fun to watch, don't know how they measure up to most mecha shows as I'm not a crazy mecha fan and haven't seen any outside of Full Metal Panic.

The idol getting BTFO was nice.
>>
>>15399441
They don't necessarily lean on the "other world" thing too much, but they do use it fairly well. And the fights are often pretty nice.
That said, Build fighters is fantastic, and I'm not kidding when I say it's the best gundam series in years (though, considering the competition...)

When/if you finish it though, don't go on to try. It just isn't as good and will dissapoint you.
>>
>>15399441
>>15399608
Also, if you heard about the planned OVA for the first season, I hope you're patient, since that isn't coming any time soon.
>>
>>15399608
>>15399613
Thanks for the info. I got a bit confused when I saw the other Build Fighters. I'll stick to this anime.

What's wrong with the other Gundamn? They go too dark or did the overall quality just drop?
>>
>>15399441
Which shota is your favorite and why is it Mao?
>>
Oh and one of the things I'm loving is how it's basically like Pokemon in how Gunpla is integrated into the overall 'real' world. Like no woman would ever cream themselves over getting a Gunpla figure but the Spanish guy did it to that woman. It makes the whole thing with the Sei all the more believable.

>>15399626
All the characters are great, but I have to admit, the 'character with closed eyes opens their eyes when shit gets real' is hard to beat.
>>
>>15399441
Build Fighters is fucking great, and has some of the best action we've seen in years. The characters are loveable, the music is hype, and it's overall a fun series about custom plastic models beating the shit out of each other. Although there might be some jokes that fly over your head, since the entire series is basically paying homage to the Gundam franchise. Since you said you only watched FMP, you're going to miss a lot of references.
>>
>>15399441
Word of warning. Although the original is good, the sequel, Build Fighters Try, is utter shit.
>>
>>15399634
Are you talking about when Sei spergs out and starts throwing out random Gundam and Gundam Character names? I have to admit, every time he does I feel like the mom or his (soon to be obviously) girlfriend who are standing behind him.

Are the mainline Gundam series canonical in this world or is this anime supposed to be set in our world except with Gunpla being a world famous sport and the Gundam series being extremely popular?
>>
It made me pick up the English Asian version of Gundam Breaker 3 recently. I just gotta wait for it to get here so I can make the OC Gundamu of my dreams.
>>
>>15399615
Characters are pretty bland, and fights are not well choreographed, with exceptions such as Gundam THE END.
>>
>>15399626
because I can't handle that smile
>>
>>15399658
Its the later but people joke that its Gundam Valhalla to where EVERYONE and ANYONE who dies get their perfect afterlife all set in one world.

It helps explain why there are multiple of the same people walking around.
>>
>>15399730
>Everyone who dies in the mainline Gundam series gets to go to Gunpla heaven

I like this thinking.
>>
>>15399658
>I feel like the mom
The mom's a Gundam nerd as well.
And there are character cameos from other series that appear as well that you'd recognize if you're familiar with the series.
>>
>Meeting up with prez in the empty school gym for a sudden confrontation
>No words between them, just put the Gunpla on the pedestal

So good.
>>
>>15399886
That was great
How could they fuck up Try so badly
>>
>>15400024
GBF is a toy commercial but the staff tried to make the best show they could with the premise, it's not completely succesful but it has lots of charm.

Try is just a souless cash grab.
>>
Holy shit that Mao/Reiji/Sei team up. Mao firing that cannon with the whole "Who do you think I am?!" speech. And he got his waifu to notice him. What a kid.

I have to actually force myself to not watch the next episode and go to bed. Good stuff.
>>
>>15400042
It's funny rewatching the show after getting into gunpla and more Gundam media. First time I watched and Mao builds that gunpla on the way to Tokyo I didn't think anything of it. Second time I'm like "holy shit he built a fucking Kshatriya in a truck on a trip to town"
>>
>>15399441
>The idol getting BTFO was nice.

Her coming back and being a better person is even better
>>
>>15399634
my favourite battle was the third master against the twins. It had it all: tactics, strategy, passion.

But most battles were boring and had the same problem DBZ-fights had:

"I activate my super-mode"

"I counter this with my super-mode"

"My super-mode is stronger than yours"

"Well, then I activate my ultra-super-mode"

It works once or twice, but if it happens in every battle it becomes stale.
>>
>someone experiencing Build Fighters for the first time
Man, I'm jealous. Can't believe it's been more or less 4 years since I excitedly checked YouTube every week for the new episode.

>>15400042
>episode 7
BEST GIRL SOON
>>
Glad you're having fun OP, as others have said it's honestly one of the best Gundam installments we've had the past few years. Being an existing fan helps with the in-jokes, but I know it pulled in plenty of newcomers too.

Damn I miss those weekly threads. I didn't hate Try, but the threads just weren't the same level of sincere passion and hype.
>>
File: 1424874861985.png (109KB, 210x354px) Image search: [Google]
1424874861985.png
109KB, 210x354px
>>15400545
The Try threads were pure misery, especially towards the end where people just wanted to be free from the pain. Then the OVA came.

Thakfully, aside from gunpla there won't be any more of it.
>>
>>15400560
I dunno, the OVA thread became pretty incredible when we found out about MILF Space Princess.
>>
>>15400030
It doesn't help that apparently Sunrise execs forced the 3vs3 shit to shill more gunpla
>>
>>15399626
Mao is a girl and you will never convince me otherwise
>>
>>15400696
Funny thing is it didn't have that many more kits than S1
>>
File: gundam (2).png (286KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
gundam (2).png
286KB, 720x720px
>>15399441
The most fun I had on a Gundam series in the late years was with that one, and also with Try, I got goosebums any time they made a finishing move
>>
Kek, I'm reading a thread in a nip site called "re-evaluating GBFT and they are just like us. Some of the comments are
>Loads of crappy characters, too many characters
>battles were 1v1 x3, 3v3 was a mistake
>S1 was just too good
>Was the whole Adou broken hand neccessary?
>everything about Sekai, the harem aspect
>>
>>15400560
The OVA had so much potential from the trailer. But then none of the theories came true and it was just a soulless big battle with no excitement.
>>
>>15400331
The best battle was Reiji/Sei vs Fillini. A true Man's battle.
>>
>>15399441
I just noticed how gay that picture is. All of them are grabbing golden balls(kintama).
>>
>>15400877
>girl
>likes Gundam X
pick one
>>
>All this science shit

I've been laughing for like 5 minutes straight with all the bullshit they're spewing.
>>
I'm already depressed that Lieutenant Surge is going to obviously lose to this weeaboo fuck for the American rep in the world tournament.
>>
>That final part of the episode going around the world showing all the other gunpla builders around the world including Mao and Prez

That was hype as shit.
>>
>>15399441
S2 was a mistake
>>
Even the filler is great. Kousaka is a sweetie. Her bear Gunpla rocks.
>>
File: 1385987989751.gif (934KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1385987989751.gif
934KB, 480x270px
>>15402582
China a cute.
>>
>>15399677
its Tryon you fuck. Nothing is good about team GN wankers
>>
I'm guessing this girl is from Reiji's world. Hard to say if she's the 'final boss' though.

Also that way China beat Caro. So good.
>>
>>15401411
The controls are the only thing I'm not too fond of about BF as a whole.
>>
File: 1491361466830.png (966KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491361466830.png
966KB, 800x600px
>BF is one of THE BEST AU gundams to ever come out
>Try is basically Destiny-tier bad
What went wrong?
>>
>>15402704
Sekai on his own makes Destiny with it's original flawless victory look good.

Consider that for a moment.
>>
>>15399441
Do yu like Susumu, OP?
This is an important question?
>>
File: 1491331933158.png (37KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1491331933158.png
37KB, 256x256px
>>15402762
>>
>>15402768
He made a nice rival character for the beginning episodes. Not much to say on him after that, really. I don't hate him. I think Ral had the right idea when he stared him down and complimented him.

I did love how he popped up in the background of the girls' competition though, with that smug face of his. Gives him that extra bit of character.
>>
>>15402663
Aila's just a Finnish hobo and best girl too, but that's not the point
>>
>Idol girl is back
Nice. Also, I just remembered this is a kids show, yet the outfit she wears, god damn.
>>
>This entire subplot with Reijie and autist girl

What the fuck is happening.
>>
>>15402853
Best girl is coming to town, lad.
They gon fuck
>>
>>15402880
I have to admit I did not see it coming, but I'm always up for more (hotblooded) cute shit. Also that battle god damn why are they so good.
>>
>>15402853
Time for best girl and everyone's favorite rom-com
>>
>>15402853
B E S T
>>
Holy shit I fucking love the president. He's so damn chuuni. The way he chews up the scenery is damn perfect. He's definitely in my contender for best boy.
>>
>>15402977
GBF is best boy parade
>>
>ITALY-MAN LITERALLY GETTING ATTACKED BY AN ARMY OF KEKS

HOW DOES THE SHOW KEEP OUTDOING ITSELF?

>>15403005
Damn true.
>>
File: 1392376987627.jpg (329KB, 887x500px) Image search: [Google]
1392376987627.jpg
329KB, 887x500px
>>15402187
That weeaboo fuck gets pretty amusing later on. Just give it time.

>>15403023
Fellini bestest best boy though.
>>
>>15403023
>HOW DOES THE SHOW KEEP OUTDOING ITSELF?
you'll see how
>>
File: buildfightersgirls.jpg (915KB, 2450x1232px) Image search: [Google]
buildfightersgirls.jpg
915KB, 2450x1232px
>>15402826
Which one would you fuck
>>
>>15403146
A fine cast of girls, but god fucking damn Iori's mom has got it going on. All the young boys watching this show must've busted their first nuts over her ass and tits in the beach episode.
>>
>>15403160
You don't even know, she is top tier milf material as fuck.
>>
>>15403160
and Kotono voicing her, to boot
>>
>>15402187
>>15403112
Said weeaboo fuck was my least favorite character for most of the series, but by the end he was ok.

There's not that many series I can say that about.
>>
>>15403201
even the worst boys are better than most series' best boys
>>
>>15403160
Comiket that year produced a literal PILE of doujin of her. You might be able to find a couple secondhand if you know where to look.
>>
>>15403229
who was lacking in smut for it?
>>
>>15403229
Dude there are a fuck ton. People knew, their dicks grew as they drew.
>>
Eh, not sold on this whole "Chairman and Reiji are from another world and Chairman hates him for some reason" thing. I like it when it's just the tournament 'real world' stuff. Reiji could have just been some hotblooded vagabond kid.

That said even with that each episode continues to be better than the last. I like how Meatbun Girl goes from being genuine around Reiji then goes full Rei mode when she gets back to business. Also is that helmet killing her or what?

Back to bed and work.
>>
her star noise makes the meters move so either they feed the mixdown to the levels displayed in the camera for some reason and somebody's running the sound effects live or she actually makes those noises
>>
>>15403467
When the world tournament starts, the fight conclusions take a dip because "MUH RG BUILD KNUCKLE" shit. but other then that it stays consistent throughout. Get ready for the hypest final episode in the animated Gundam franchise, by the way.
>>
>>15400560
>>15400560
Stark contrast to the end of the GBF threads, with the pic we sent over to the main twitter.

Good times.
>>
>>15402762
eh atleast the ending was not a flawless victory and we get to see the end vs lightning
>>
>>15401350
We've known that forever. Back when it was airing, the conclusion of the Tryon battle prompted nothing but variants of "fuck, the bad guys won" from them.

>>15403495
That still takes a while to happen. Buildo nakkuru spam starts only after BF vs Fellini (technically during, but the first time still had a ton of hype going on).
It was really kind of sad. Star Build Strike had a really fun gimmick going on with the plasky gate, but that was discarded in favor of shinier Trans-Am and single punches really fast. The only fight to make any use of it was the Dark Matter fight.

And then Sunrise decided the best way to address the complaints about too much Build Knuckle was to make a new MC who literally does nothing but spam Build Knuckle.
>>
File: 1490761801805.jpg (54KB, 1620x854px) Image search: [Google]
1490761801805.jpg
54KB, 1620x854px
I have a question

If trans am is basically broken then why dont everyone use it? They can put GN drives on zakus right?
>>
>>15403792
because they aren't powerlevel faggots

there are people who will even use basic grunts because they like it that way
>>
File: 0120024.jpg (50KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
0120024.jpg
50KB, 600x376px
>>15403792
Special gimmicks are apparently hard to imitate. Remember how they had to use paint layers to do AFTERIMAGES WITH MASS?
The only 00 plamo to actually use Trans-Am is the one that was made with a ridiculous budget for a 1/144 plastic robot toy.

Doesn't help that 00 models actually sold Trans-Am separately.
>>
>>15402762

OTOH the Destiny got a good showing there.
>>
You can't spell Aila with Ai
>>
>>15400560
Which is sad, because the first show's director can't put out the OVA for the first show yet, since he is currently stuck in manga adaptation hell.

>>15403835
You mean "without", right?
>>
>>15403146
Yes.
>>
>>15403792
Double-edged sword. You can use it, but you're kinda screwed if you don't win while it's still active. Could probably be fixed with a bank of GN condensers to act as TA's power supply though.
>>
>>15404248
Or be Sekai. Hell, Sekai using Trans Am would probably RESTORE particles, given how much BS plot power-ups he gets.
>>
>>15404256
Reiji would probably still stomp his ass with a Ball.
>>
>>15399633
>Spanish guy
He's Italian anon.
>>
>>15403792

Apparently you need high levels of skills to replicate special functions like EXAM/Trans-Am, so that guy with the Kyrios was definitely a very good builder (considering he qualified for the nationals and replicated Trans-Am), but they had to make him job to sell muh Team Tri Fighters gunpla
>>
Stop trying to make every BF love thread into a Try hate thread.
>>
Oh man she's already masturbating to pictures of him. She's a goner. Can't blame her though, no homo but Reiji is the type of guy that would get all the bitches.

Oh and dat new opening.
>>
>These shitty ass minigames in the tournament

Who organized this? The main bad guy? Makes sense he's kooky as fuck. Sad they skipped over the 3v3 that seemed like it had some potential.
>>
>>15405524
He's Mexican. He uses Wing Gundam and its derivatives because there's a bird on the Mexican flag.
>>
>>15405824
>Sad they skipped over the 3v3
Spoken like someone who hasn‘t watched TRY.
Trust me, it‘s better there is none of that and if you do watch the 2nd series you‘d beg for the mini games to return.
>>
>>15405824
>Sad they skipped over the 3v3 that seemed like it had some potential.
oh.
yeah.
it had potential
;_;
>>
>>15405824
>Sad they skipped over the 3v3
WEW
>>
>>15405824
>Sad they skipped over the 3v3 that seemed like it had some potential.

Everyone point at him and laugh.
>>
>>15405831
It's not that 3v3 is inherently shit, it's that Try is.
>>
>>15405824
The main staff daid they find it difficult to do the 3v3 format so it's actually a good thing yhey skipped it.
>>
HOLY SHIT IS HE GOING TO HAVE THE KIDS ASSASSINATED????

Oh nevermind.

And it seems like I was actually partially right with that suit killing her.
>>
Ral, my man. What a fucking hero. And Iori's mom and China cheering. So good.

But it wasn't enough. I knew when that sad music started playing when they got out of the water that they'd lost. Was still hype as fuck though. Reminded me of the podrace from Episode 1, except if was actually integrated into the story well.

And that after-credits scene, whew. How does it keep getting better?
>>
>>15405898
>How does it keep getting better?
A question we all asked when it first aired.

Also based Ral is great throughout the series.
>>
>>15405898
Cliche as it sounds, I think the production team just really loved what they were doing.
>>
>President working out

And now the girls have wetted themselves too.
>>
Holy fucking shit. Just holy fucking shit. How was that not the final fight of the fucking anime? How can they top that?

I can't pick a best boy. Felini man... the moment that ho idol started trying to sweet talk him into a fall, you KNEW he wasn't going for that shit, because you already KNEW Felini was best boy tier and wouldn't back down. Then he goes and proves you right with that fucking battle.

And that post credits scene was too cute. Oh my god my heart can't take much more of this.
>>
File: 1449871516294.jpg (559KB, 684x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1449871516294.jpg
559KB, 684x5000px
>>15406055
No joke, I was legit tearing up over that scene. Over a grown Italian man and his tiny plastic toy robot.
>>
>>15406070
I feel you man, I was fighting them back to. It's because it's pure fucking humanity being put onto the screen. Innocence, defeat, victory, growing up, determination.

Fuck, if only every shonen were like this. But I guess we need the bad to let us know the good.

This is an anime that I can see anyone of any age enjoying.
>>
>>15406092
The show does an excellent job of making a children's model game feel like it's deciding the fate of the world.
>>
>>15406103
I wouldn't say that's it. It's more like the show itself says, that the fact that it *isn't* deciding the fate of the world is what makes it feel so important.
>>
Whoa whoa wait his dad isn't dead? Then why the fuck isn't he watching his son compete in the world tournament?

More importantly, why is he out and about and not putting like 10 more babies into that hot as fuck wife of his?
>>
>>15406110
Oh and I just wanted to back you up there. The phrases "It's just a hobby" and "I do it because it's fun" are repeated throughout the show (so far) and further backed up by Ral commenting that Reiji could drop out any time he wants because if you don't love it then fuck it, it's not the end of the world.

But that's what makes it all the more lovable.
>>
>Idol starting to crush on Felini

I mean he is best boy but I definitely wouldn't want a girl with an 'open door policy'.
>>
>>15405974
they were able to communicate the joys of robot fights
>>
>>15406110
Yeah, I didn't phrase that well. I was just getting at how important they make things feel, how invested they get the audience, even if ultimately very little is at stake.
>>
Ah Mao... no... I knew he was broken when he saw his waifu and just gave her the 'so long' hand.

I see what an anon meant earlier by every fight's climax being "LOL BUILD KNUCKLE". At least Mao's Sword was awesome for the 20 seconds it was out. The fight was still hype as hell, I'm just sad Mao's out. He's a good kid.

I'm actually kind of afraid of this feeling going deeper into the tournament. I love all the characters so seeing them go off is depressing. I guess that's why they brought these two asshole twins along though, to give you that one opponent that you just love to hate and want to see get beaten.
>>
>>15406120
Felini is a man-slut so it evens out.
>>
>>15406636
That's exactly what I meant though. Felini explicitly states he has an 'open door policy'. I don't know how much of a whore the idol is but she better watch where she dips her feet.
>>
>Iori putting the moves on China

Oh my god he's actually doing it. He was already a great protagonist but now he has officially succeeded where the vast majority of shonen protags dare not go. What a man.
>>
>>15405830
>He's Mexican. He uses Wing Gundam and its derivatives because there's a bird on the Mexican flag.
Are you sure we're watching the same series? Or is this a joke?
>>
>>15406602
>I guess that's why they brought these two asshole twins along though, to give you that one opponent that you just love to hate and want to see get beaten.
And also to give you one of the best fights in Gundam ever. Get hype.
>>
>Everyone saying Prez will obviously win before this twin fight

NO. TOO MANY DEATH FLAGS. BEST BOY CANNOT LOSE HERE.
>>
>>15406728
INCOMING FLAMENCO
INCOMING FLAMENCO
INCOMING FLAMENCO
>>
Oh my fucking GOD. That fight was operator as FUCK. The anime loved to shit on the brothers but that was honestly it's own type of hype, a sense of building dread as you think "how many fucking tricks do they have?" And then right when you think it's all over

>The machine gun comes out

I said "fuck yeah" out loud as the brother's mech got loaded with holes. Bravo to them but you can't keep a good president down.
>>
>>15406775
>Keikakus upon keikakus upon keikakus
>>
>>15406780
Like seriously, every other battle seems like child's play now.
>>
>>15399615
Build Fighters Try was rushed out the door to capitalize on the success of Build Fighters, using a completely different creative team who clearly had no idea what made the original so good. I could go on for paragraphs about it, but it all boils down to three basic things.

First, the gunpla in Try are almost all total scratchbuilds whose gimmicks involve direct manipulation of game mechanics instead of cool customs whose abilities are rooted in the settings they originate from. It's cool when Star Build Strike is the only one that does it, but proliferating it to nearly every character makes it stop being special in a real hurry.

Second, for some insane reason they decided to make Try a stock shounen sports anime played completely straight. All of the problems with Sekai, from the fact that he's an idiot with a big harem of girls whose affections he has no idea about to how easily he wins most of his fights, stem from the fact that they wrote a stock shounen anime beat for beat. It's also why the villains are so lame and forgettable.

The third is related to the first: Try basically loses almost all of its love for Gundam. There isn't nearly the same volume of cameos and references; hell, Sekai doesn't know the first thing about Gundam and he never learns.

It's just a disappointing sequel all around.
>>
>>15406790
>Stock shounen

Sounds rough. I especially hate the 'harem' part. Shounens already have to balance action and character development on a fine line, why the fuck would you throw in a genre that has been infamously guaranteed to ruin nearly all avenues of character development?

Your first and third points are good too though. I'll skip it. If the rest of this anime is even half as good as everything I've watched I wouldn't want to sully my memory of it one bit.
>>
File: anime-ja-nai.gif (664KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
anime-ja-nai.gif
664KB, 640x360px
>>15406790
>hell, Sekai doesn't know the first thing about Gundam and he never learns.
My biggest personal disappointment with Try.

It could have shown Sekai slowly learning about Gundam, becoming a fan of the various series. Hanging out with Fumina and watching Gundam together, having her geek out over a few choice moments and letting some of that enthusiasm rub off on Sekai. This scene here gave me hope that it could head in that direction.

And then Harem Bullshit happened.

Back to the real meat of the thread though, OP I cannot tell you how much I liked that fight when it first aired. It's probably my overall favorite match of the entire series, just for how crazy they get with it. Truly A-Meijin.
>>
>>15406839
OP here, I haven't watched Try and probably never will, but I find it hilarious how you all are sad the MC of that anime apparently remained dumb to Gundam when this anime that I'm watching right now has not only perfectly done the 'Hey this gunpla thing is actually pretty cool!' arc with China, but multiple other characters in the cast as well.

Hell it kind of did it with me. I started out the anime like "Man are they seriously going to fight with toys?" to nearly crying bitch tears over Felini talking up his gundam.
>>
>>15406703
Dude he even talks in Spanish at one point. It's also not a coincidence that he is on friendly terms with the American Gunpla Fighter.
>>
>>15406857
Fellini ain't a Mexican last name dude.
>>
I wish the main character's friend/notfriend showed up more.

He's cute
>>
>>15406854
>I started out the anime like "Man are they seriously going to fight with toys?" to nearly crying bitch tears over Felini talking up his gundam.

Oh geez, wait until you get to the finale then. I'm warning you now, you will definitely cry bitch tears. I mean, real punk ass bitch tears.
>>
>>15406934
Excited

Also

>Samurai boy literally figuring out the entire plot

A smart character being smart. What do you know.
>>
File: d76.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
d76.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>15406937
>tfw you're almost at episode 21
>>
Holy shit this kid is getting CLAIMED. I mean you think it'd be BLACKED but I think BLEACHED is more appropriate here. It's refreshing to see him flustered after so much of his "I cut your laser beams in half with my swords" smug shit.
>>
>>15406952
Oh yeah, I forgot how cute they were.
Even the genius gaijin samurai can't withstand being OJOU'd.
>>
>>15406854
That's basically why it's so disappointing, yeah.

>>15406952
Fun fact: apparently the animators hated working on Sengoku Astray because of the metallic paint. It looks damn good, though, it's probably my second-favorite of the Build Knuckle fights next to Fellini.
>>
>>15404075
>You mean "without", right?

I was quite drunk
>>
>That final look on his face as she claims him again eve after he lost
The face of acceptance. Just let it happen man.

Fight was samurai-style as fuck. Even did the whole 'dash past each other with one collapsing' trope that I love.

They're in what, the quarter-finals now? I guess this is where the other more important contestants start dropping like flies. Felini has to bite it soon which makes me fucking sad as hell. No way either Ai or Prez isn't the final boss (of the tournament. I'm thinking Chairman will pull some crazy mech out of his pocket or something like that).

If I had to choose one I'd say Ai. Hard choice as both her and the president have been built up over the story but she's the one that has the 'unbeatable' aura around her.

Back to bed, back to work. God I wish tomorrow was saturday. I'd finish this shit tonight.
>>
You should at least watch the first episode of Try after finishing GBF.

The first episode of Try was great, it showed a lot of promise. For an opening episode, it was about as great as GBF's.
>>
>>15407047
Try certainly had some good bits. The first episode's decent, the Gyan variants are good, and Let's Try On! felt like someone from the first show came in to show them how it should've been. A shame about most of the rest of the show.
>>
>>15407015
Goodnight OP. Thanks for making this thread.
>>
File: gyanko.png (2MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
gyanko.png
2MB, 1200x900px
>>
>>15401350
>Try has several problems
>these problems are well known
>OVA comes out and they FOCUS on the problems

Island Wars is a shitpost in anime form and you can't convince me otherwise.
>>
>>15407116
this body isn't possible
>>
>>15406965
>Fun fact: apparently the animators hated working on Sengoku Astray because of the metallic paint.
That, and it's probably the most complicated of the customs. You can see it in the show, their fight is way more stylized and heavy on dramatic over-the-top posing than the rest of the show, both to push the weeb feeling to its maximum and to avoid having to actually animate the thing too much.
>>
File: B1z5QPYIgAAuRKG.jpg (61KB, 746x1024px) Image search: [Google]
B1z5QPYIgAAuRKG.jpg
61KB, 746x1024px
>>15407116
Gyanko made me keep watching Try.
>>
>>15407116
What a champ. She learned how to keep the thicc to her hips and butt.
>>
What I hated the most in Try was GUNPLA IS SRS BUSINESS. It completely trashes over the point the first season had.

That they went down from Worlds to Nats doesn't help either as the "stakes" and much less meaningful. The powereleves are super stupid too considering that as well, specially when all these shitters do is spam overpowered Plavsky Hax shit that we only saw on the first season right at the end when the oldfags who have long since retured unleashed their powelevers. But now you want me to believe that any random Nats shitter can do it too? Fuck that noise.
>>
>>15407424
Well, think of it that way; it's model building. The BF cast were pioneers in the field of Plavsky hax, a decade later there's probably a hundred internet tutorials for that shit. It's lame but it makes sense.
>>
>>15407116
>GGG Gyanko figure never
>Super Gyanko never
>Gyanko Figurise bust never
Why does Bandai hate her so much?
>>
>>15407560
>Gyanko Figurise bust never
There's not enough plastic in the Figurise price range to make her.
>>
File: Gyanko bust.png (600KB, 1024x1282px) Image search: [Google]
Gyanko bust.png
600KB, 1024x1282px
>>15407571
A shame really.
>>
>>15406937
Well, he is a prodigy. Glad they didn't go the full Gary Stu route with him though.
>is a talented weeaboo
>gets rightfully seen as a buffoon in a social context

>>15407070
The last episode was fun, but had the awkward implication that one of the builders is a stalker.

>>15407177
Technically, Heybot is a shitpost in anime form, and that is somehow better at being one.
>>
File: hp_gyanko_02.jpg (223KB, 825x1246px) Image search: [Google]
hp_gyanko_02.jpg
223KB, 825x1246px
>>15407116
I need this.
>>
File: hp_gyanko_01.jpg (216KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hp_gyanko_01.jpg
216KB, 825x1200px
>>15408532
>>
File: 1390248675236.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1390248675236.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>15401383
This, easily the best.
>>
>>15406055
I loved the face Fellini pulls off when that ho' comments so backhanded how he of course will allow Rei and Seiji to win, only for him to deliver one of the best fucking battles in gundam out there
>>
Maoh should have won in season 1

Sakai should have won in season 2

its like bamco did this deliberately
>>
>>15399730
tfw Setsuna never showed up because he never died.
>>
File: 35978_original.png (2MB, 1768x1005px) Image search: [Google]
35978_original.png
2MB, 1768x1005px
>>15408630
Nah, several people who didn't die showed up (Al, Uso, Domon showed up both a kid in BF and adult in Try, etc)
Hell, one of the gunpla tournament contestants was freaking Patrick, and we all know dying is the one thing he's worse at than piloting
>>
File: Abigorbine.jpg (147KB, 380x645px) Image search: [Google]
Abigorbine.jpg
147KB, 380x645px
>>15408637
>Luang Dallara
I liked that guy, Abigorbine was a pretty cool custom.
>>
File: 1478442645837.png (290KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1478442645837.png
290KB, 500x522px
>>15402657
this,
this man is my niggah.
fuck team even more exia clones, Tryon almost made Try worth watching until it jobbed because JIGEN HAOH plot armor
>>
>>15408646
Shame about the baseball match.
It was a fun episode but I kinda wanted a real battle.

I suspect product placement was afoot, because IIRC Sunrise had put up Iron Leaguer for streaming that day.
>>
>>15408658
Tryon actually did a pretty good job of penetrating plot armour. It spinkicked the shit out of Sekai in a very satisfying way, after all, and only lost because of conveniently throwing its last opponent to a useful weapon.

>>15408637
It's shit like this that makes me love the show. A fairly unimportant bit is not only done fairly well (those names seem quite fitting to their countries) but fits in a few fun references semi-subtly.
>>
>>15402704
Greed.
>>
>>15402704
Try is the Dark Souls 2 of Build Fighters.

a backup team took over from the original team, and they didn't understand what made the first installment so popular/good.
>>
Oh and I just wanted to say I totally thought Caro was going to drop Samurai boy once he had lost. Totally wrong though, she's a good girl.
>>
>>15409166
I remember when the show was first revealed and everybody thought it was going to be the gayest thing. Boy were we wrong. BF is the straightest of gendum shows. Everybody gets laid except meijin
>>
>>15409177
>Best boy doesn't get a girl

I love all the pairings so far, but I'm fine with that. He's so best boy I don't think there's a best girl to match him. He is perfection.
>>
File: 48978444_p0.jpg (480KB, 600x920px) Image search: [Google]
48978444_p0.jpg
480KB, 600x920px
>>15402704
>Build fighters
Everyone expects a cheap marketing ploy that will just hawk gunpla with a generic plot and shitty characters. Instead exceeded our expectations in every way we got lovable characters, a fun plot and a celebration of gundam as a franchise. You can tell the people making it really loved gundam. This raised everyone's expectations.
>Try
We get exactly what we were bracing for with the first build fighters. Because of our raised expectations thanks to the first series, try is terribly disappointing. We make it out to be worse than it actually is. We had something we loved done wrong and it made us mad.
>>
>>15409177
>Implying he isn't butt buddies with his handsome partner
It's either that or his maid got to him first.
>>
>>15409186
You're almost at the meatbun chronicles' climax. Wait for it.
>>
>>15409200
He deserves her, really. Assuming her presence hasn't numbed completely him to big knockers, at least.

That said, we'll never know, since the manga spin-off stopped getting scanlated completely a while back.
>>
>>15407177
>Island Wars is a shitpost in anime form and you can't convince me otherwise.
>>
>All this build up with Felini

No...
>>
File: IMG_4451.jpg (85KB, 587x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4451.jpg
85KB, 587x585px
gundam is never real, heheh
why getting mad at something which doesn't exist?
sit back, relax, have a beer, and watch some comfy stuff instead
>>
>Clear funnels destroyed
ALRIGHT! Time to see if she can actually fight now!

>Releases more funnels
You gotta be shitting me.
>>
>>15409335
Flannels for days.
>>
>>15409335
OH SHIT HERE IT COMES
>>
>Gets impaled
Well that's...

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>15409350
The battle system goes a little crazy there on deciding the match. I guess the Papillion's combo continued it?
>>
>That post ED scene
Shit is going DOWN. I mean technically and emotionally it's been going down pretty much every episode but this time it's going DOUBLE DOWN.

Felini my man. I knew he was going to lose, but I actually loved that Kara stopped him from blowing up the Fenice. She better watch the fuck out though, her fans are probably all watching this shit. Show too much affection and she'll have to shave her head bald, damn crazy otaku.

Yeah though, I know it wasn't really her fault, but when Ai started stabbing the Fenice the first thing that came to mind was "BITCH". The fact that they had that happen right after that heartfelt moment where Felini spares the Fenice was perfect timing.

And Ai destroying Reiji's first Gundam that he build alongside her. So symbolic. So deep.

But now I know that president is on the other side of the bracket from Sei/Reiji, so I'm guessing he's the final boss.
>>
File: MARY_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg (54KB, 340x450px) Image search: [Google]
MARY_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg
54KB, 340x450px
>>15399441
>>
>>15409381
MEATBUN CRITICAL MASS
MEATBUN CRITICAL MASS
MEATBUN CRITICAL MASS
>>
>Reiji screaming at Ai

Oh god I love this shit. This hotblooded drama, especially between developing couples. I eat this up. The look on Ai's face is heartbreaking, yet I can't blame Reiji either.

Oh and way to go Reiji, the entire stadium now thinks you're a crazy chuuni kid. "I'M DA PRICE OF ATLANTIS". Yeah okay kid, go take your Ritalin.

Still not sold on this whole "other world" thing but it's not a big enough thing to bother me that much.
>>
>THE POWER OF TRUE LOVE winning the battle
>That lover's spat
>That field of flowers shooting upwards
>The entire stadium (Sei included) completely dumbstruck
>Nemesis getting BTFO
>Reiji just casually opening another man's door to invite his waifu like the vagabond manly man he is
>THAT PUNCH TO THE GUT THAT VERY LIKELY MADE AI HAVE HER FIRST ORGASM

I have to admit, when I started watching this, I didn't expect one of the greatest love stories ever told.
>>
>>15409489
The follow up's pretty fun.
>>
>>15409489
The purest of love. Welcome to the club, friend.
>>
File: Ca0qYD2UYAAcxlx.jpg (46KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
Ca0qYD2UYAAcxlx.jpg
46KB, 475x356px
>>15409505
DON'T LISTEN, OP
IGNORANCE IS BLISS
>>
>>15402704
Is Try the Diebuster to BF's Gunbuster?
>>
>>15409525
More or less. Hopefully its Gunbuster 3 equivalent will come out before Sunrise completely forgets about it.
>>
>>15409525
Nah, Diebuster tried to do something different.
>>
File: Sei-HAPPY.gif (645KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Sei-HAPPY.gif
645KB, 500x281px
>>15409441
>>15409489
I think the thing I liked most about that scene is how it completely shredded the "tragic Cybernewtype" trope in so many other series. Aila doesn't turn into some tragic foe and ends up put in a coma, she goes full goddamn hotblood and has some goddamn fun in that fight. Her taunting Reiji made me love her character even more than I already did.
>>
>>15409634
Such a good point. I thought it would continue with the sadness but instead she just acted like a kid again and they punched the shit out of each other.

The show is lighthearted and knows how to have fun.
>>
File: Aila taunt.gif (793KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Aila taunt.gif
793KB, 480x270px
>>15409634
>Her taunting Reiji made me love her character even more than I already did.
>>
>>15409642
>Ai just bursts out in a towl.

MUH. I now have the image of Reiji and Ai fucking all night with Sei just lying there in his bed like "when the fuck are these animals going to stop god damn".
>>
>>15409664
>fucking
Reiji doesn't even get the hint yet.That comes later.
>>
>>15409634
Oh hell yeah. In literally every other Gundam show this sub-plot ends in tragedy, but Build Fighters goes "No, fuck that! This is world is literally going to be fun and games for its characters! She gets snapped out of it, gets to properly enjoy herself for the first time in her life and then they go off together. That's how WE'RE doing it."

Aila is so great as well, you think she's going to be that stock emotionally repressed cyber newtype sort of character, then it turns out that's a performance she has to put on and she's actually feisty and more than a little bratty. The shitflinging (of love) that marked the transition was a thing of beauty.
>>
>>15409634
It helps that pretty much no one can die prematurely in that show, since the stakes get to the extent of "model's broken, might as well fix or replace".
>>
>>15409682
>>15409675
In mainline gundam Mao would have died.

Instead we get him losing the battle, then breaking down crying on the riverside. That hit me way harder than any death could.
>>
>Sudden tragic bromance story

And now I'm suddenly heavily interested/invested in a fight I didn't care about an episode ago.
>>
>AFTERIMAGES

This is how you know you're in the upper tiers baby.
>>
>OP is almost to the end
I hope you're ready for some of THE SICKEST SHIT to unfold
>>
>>15409769
The battle of FAST was great. Not my favorite in the series, but it still managed to leave me with a smile across my face.
>>
>Main Rival is going into the final fight with all of his shit together, riding on beliefs that are his own, with no worries but beating his opponent

Uh, Sei? Reiji? You might want to watch out. Best boy is coming to wreck your shit.

I love it.
>>
>>15409906
It'll be Amazing.
>>
>>15409912
Don't you mean AMEIJIN?

OLÉ
>>
I don't even need to have watched Gundam to know that that entire festival intro scene was chock full of fan service. Red Haired Female Antagonist and "I've come to laugh at you" man (pretty sure this is Char) were obvious nods. I don't know their names but they're that kind of universally popular where you can recognize them, like a more niche Mickey Mouse or Mario.
>>
>>15409923
>Red Haired Female Antagonist
Wait, what?
>>
>>15409929
I don't know her name all I know is that she's a famous Gundam villain and I saw her in the festival reel as it zoomed by certain parts of it.
>>
>>15409929
Haman, I assume.
>>
>>15409922
I love that they had people making that joke in the in-show twitter or 2ch or whatever it was.
>>
File: Chris it couldn't be helped.jpg (61KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chris it couldn't be helped.jpg
61KB, 720x480px
>>15409929
Chris?
>>
>>15409912
>>15409922
>>15409935
The power of the Meijin is truly Amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj61XvOR7lU

Fuck this reminds me of just HOW GOOD the OST was.
>>
>>15409936
Too fucking cute.
>>
>>15409923
The common hypothesis is the GBF world is a valhalla of sorts where all the characters from every Gundam universe get a second chance to live out peaceful lives. So Mr. Ral is Ramba Ral, one of the antagonists from the original Mobile Suit Gundam.
>>
Here, there she is. >>15409934 was right.
>>
>>15409944
Burger with Chris, truly a Gundam Valhalla.
I used to hate GBF with a passion due to the shitty overdesigned Gunplas, but i think i'll have to watch this one.

Try is Destiny tier right? I enjoyed Destiny though
>>
File: 13112452.jpg (322KB, 639x595px) Image search: [Google]
13112452.jpg
322KB, 639x595px
>>15409940
All the important characters having their own themes was great, as was the ost in general.

>mfw allied force starts playing

That's another think I didn't like about TRY, even thought I'm pretty sure it was the same composer, I can only remember 2 songs out of the whole thing, G-U-N-P-L-A and Tryon's theme.
>>
>Sazaki and Gorilla reappear

Holy shit this is the calm before the storm isn't it? God I love this.
>>
>>15409966
GYAN GYA GYAN MOTHERFUCKER!

Fuck, I want to watch Build Fighters for the first time again.
>>
>>15409958
It's not bad in the same ways Destiny is bad, but SEED was okay while GBF was phenomenal, so Try is a much bigger drop in quality.
>>
NOW SHE'S HIS FIANCE? WOMAN SLOW DOWN JESUS CHRIST.
>>
>>15409979
The OHOHOHOHOHOHOHO train cannot be stopped.
>>
Good times.

>You will NEVER watch gbf with /m/ for the first time again.

It hurts. But it was good memories.

>>15409940
Wew. You can imagine how HYPE /m/ was when this started playing during the build strike vs zaku amejin.
>>
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

The ending was basically a slide show and yet I was hit with so much emotion because I love all these characters and seeing them all come back together for one last celebration before the big bang made my heart happy.

AND THAT PRE ED SCENE WITH SAMURAI AND OUJO

AND THAT POST ED SCENE WITH PREZ. THAT NEW MECHA. THAT NEW OUTFIT. I SWEAR TO GOD I'M NOT GAY BUT IF PREZ WAS REAL I JUST MIGHT CONSIDER IT.
>>
>>15410031
Oh boy. Welcome to the ride, OP. Shit's about to get so fucking real.
>>
>>15405558
Sei somehow manages to make PAINT FILLED VULCANS. I mean geez in order to make something like that has to require some programming or actually doing the most painstaking work ever.
>>
>>15408646
Is this a Dunbine?
>>
For all the shit that we give Try, it did have some legitimately good moments. Tryon 3 was excellent, as was the battle at Solomon.
>>
>>15410062
>it did have some legitimately good moments.
.....I got nothing
>>
>>15410060
And an Abigor, yes. It caused more than a few big stupid grins here when it first showed up.
>>
>>15410062
tryon 3 was one of the most cathartic and exciting things i had seen in years and then it had the worst asspull ending of all time

it's been said countless times but that kid should've been the fucking protag
>>
>>15410130
Yeah that was bullshit. Lightning got lucky that he get blasted into his own fucking rifle. Wat
>>
File: C80C8OEUIAESoZn.jpg orig.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
C80C8OEUIAESoZn.jpg orig.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>15410151
You know, if he'd gotten the rifle in a less stupid way, I'd probably be fine with it. The execution of that bit (besides the weird focus on what'shisname's "cute" face) was pretty good.

>>15410031
GBF: Arian fucking when?
>>
File: The villains won.....png (836KB, 899x853px) Image search: [Google]
The villains won.....png
836KB, 899x853px
>>15410130
>>
>That intro

PREZ NO. That outfit just became a lot less badass. Fucking Nemesis.
>>
I want to protect that smile.
>>
Uh, is it bad that I'm actually kind of sympathizing with the chairman a bit? He has a great rags to riches story. The true American dream.
>>
>>15410361
It's fine to sympathize with him a little bit. He's still a dick, but you shouldn't feel too bad about wanting him to turn out okay.
>>
>When they find the second arm
Aw yeah. And that main theme playing in the background. UNF.
>>
What

The

Fuck is going on.

Also based Sebastian.
>>
>>15410361

Kinda? He's mostly acting out of fear and well what's the worst he's doing? Trying to cheat a toy robot fight? No one will really be hurt if he wins.
>>
>All the characters together in one place for the finale

MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK.
>>
>>15410464
AND THEIR GUNDAMS
>>
File: spookygundamactivatestheride.gif (2MB, 483x339px) Image search: [Google]
spookygundamactivatestheride.gif
2MB, 483x339px
>>15410464
OH BOY

IT'S TIME
>>
>>15410464

See this is ultimately what I loved about BF. Because in the end it was about people coming together through a shared hobby. Yeah Sei and Reiji are the main characters and they do the main character stuff but it's still about everyone.

Everyone gets their moment to shine in some fashion. Everyone gets to stand out. Everyone is a real character that becomes endearing.

Try was the Sekai show featuring Sekai and some jerks.
>>
THIS IS HOW YOU DO A FUCKING FINALE. EVERY OTHER ANIME TAKE NOTES.
>>
>CROSSBONE MOTHERFUCKING MAO

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??????????!?!?!?
>>
>RAL AND THE MASTER

I AM LITERALLY REENACTING THAT GIF WITH VINCE MCMAHON IN IT.
>>
>>15410480
That's the best part about the finale, the characters who were beaten earlier built new stuff to show off.

And damn if they don't show them off.
>>
>>15410480

Mao sort of got the short end of the stick in the main tournament so they made it up to him in the finale.
>>
>>15410480
FUCK YEAH BUDDY, CROSSBONE FUCKING MAOH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4aqBj-boS0
>>
At first I didnt like build fighters, even hated it even though I haven't watched it because I thought it was a seedwank since the lead gundam was a strike.

But when I found /m/ and saw how much it was highly recommended I got curious and marathoned it. Now I fucking love GBF. And wimp is the only gundam op I have saved on my phone because I always listen to it whenever I do my cardio routine
>>
It's over. I have seriously not been as satisfied with an ending of a media like this since I finished Wonderful 101.

>Sei learns to grow stronger on his own
>Reiji gets his waifu (once he stops being a dense harem protagonist)
>Felini gets to watch Kirara with a smug expression knowing he's cucking her thousands of fans
>Science boy and Oujo rekindle the particle
>Even the chairman and secretary get a happy ending opening a successful business in the other world

Every ounce of this anime radiated pure joy. There were so many things they could have done wrong, so many times they could have just phoned it all in. Does this character REALLY need development? Does this character REALLY need to be fleshed out? The creators said yes. No fucking compromises. And what you get out of that is a large cast of characters, none of whom you hate, pretty much all of whom you love and want to succeed. And for the most part, they do, in glorious fashion no less.

I think one of this anime's biggest strengths is that I feel like anyone of any age could watch it and relate to it. This anime never assumes who its watcher is, never tries to beat you over the head to make certain you get that important plot point. The ONLY time it gets close to that is when its teaching the viewer about Gunpla (ie Iori's father teaching Reiji/Ai how to make Gunpla) and even then it comes off more as a rabid Gunpla fan talking to me about their love of gunpla then it does marketing. The themes that the show carries are never forced either, nor are they relegated to only one character. Sei wanted to get stronger, China wanted to know more about Gunpla, Felini never compromised, Yuuki wanted to be the best to spread his love of Gunpla, etc. etc. etc. So often these types of shonen blot out every other character leaving the story like a cluttered narrow hallways. Not this one.

I could ramble on for a lot longer. I have a big mouth. But I'm just going to say, amazing anime, it's in my top 5.
>>
File: ral.png (384KB, 741x414px) Image search: [Google]
ral.png
384KB, 741x414px
>>15410595
And so this story concludes. I'm glad your ride was just as fun as mine, anon.
>>
File: m gunpla replies.png (626KB, 644x1111px) Image search: [Google]
m gunpla replies.png
626KB, 644x1111px
>>15410595
It's been fun, OP. You make me wish I could experience it again for the first time. But it's been good seeing your reactions to it.

Back when the series first aired, we put together a collage of photos of our Gunpla and sent it to the main Twitter. Needless to say, they were pleasantly surprised. The series really showed up and just took us all by surprise, and honestly, it is still one of my favorite Gundam series.
>>
Anyway, as if I haven't been blogging like a faggot long enough, here's this

>Best boy
All of them. But that's cheating. Yuuki. But really they're all amazing. That includes the old men like Ral and The Master

>Best girl
As I said back then, a great cast of girls... but I personally vote China. Maybe it's me entering this manga not really a big gundam fan, but I found her extremely relatable, and she's actually a well developed heroine. IN A SHOUNEN. Insane right? I have a soft spot for the more down-to-earth soft girls too.

>Best fight
Oh god. It's either Felini vs Sei/Reiji or Yuuki vs The Twins. I'm going to go with the latter because obviously Seiji team was going to win, but the latter had me guessing until the very end. It was also a fight unlike any of the others. There were multiple 'Felini vs Sei/Reiji' fights (not as good, but close) but there was only one 'Yuuki vs Twins' fight.

>Best mech
A part of me wants to say Bearguy. But I'm going to say Prez's main mech that he used for the most of the tournament, the black/purple hefty one. There was something so REAL about it. No hax on this thing, just a menacing bulky mech that could also move fast and tear your shit up.
>>
>>15410614
>Entering this manga
Boys my mind is still friend from that ending forgive me
>>
File: choo choo muthafucka.png (427KB, 614x511px) Image search: [Google]
choo choo muthafucka.png
427KB, 614x511px
>>15410614
>giving love to the Kampfer
My nigga, that suit is my all-time favorite. Izubuchi is a god.
>>
File: sei_iori_54559.jpg (182KB, 400x614px) Image search: [Google]
sei_iori_54559.jpg
182KB, 400x614px
>>15410614
Your taste in both Fights and Gunpla mirror mine almost exactly. China is a great girl but best girl is clearly Sei. I don't care if he's best boy too, he's both!
>>
Something that annoyed me to no end about Try is that they threw out Worlds. Everything seems so much downscaled when you take a step back and realize that this is regionals, which Sei/Reiji won by episode 7. Also not only is it only going through nationals, but it's restricted to fucking high schoolers. One of the great things about GBF were characters like Fellini and there was a dynamic between pride going on between older characters and the younger generation, like Nils being a cocky little shit to Greco, while also having a connection from old to young, like Maoh freaking out that he's meeting Ricardo Fucking Fellini. There's no Rinato brothers, there's no Luang, there's nothing except boring high school anime characters we've seen time and time again.

>>15410062
It's baffling how it took like 23 episodes until someone learned to target the fucking waist/hips on the build burning.
>>
File: Aila_GBFTIW.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Aila_GBFTIW.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>15410595
>tfw I will never watch GBF for the first time again
I seriously envy you, OP. Glad that you enjoyed the ride. Waiting for the episodes every week 3 years ago was quite the fun experience.

>>15410614
I'm an Aila man myself, but all GBF girls are best girls. Also, notice that there's someone missing in the shot where everyone's looking on at the disappearing Reiji.
>>
File: 574150.jpg (165KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
574150.jpg
165KB, 1440x810px
Oh, and one more thing. If someone asked me for a good romance anime, I'd legit tell them to watch this. This anime is OTP central. Literally the very last thing I came in expecting. Shounens are notoriously shit with their pairings.

Thanks for all of you being with me while I watched. I'm going to say my biggest disappointment with this anime is that I wasn't here three years ago to watch it all with you. I wish I was here for every moment. The hype must have been unreal. The hype for a fucking children's advertisement.

Like I said, I could ramble on forever. I could legit write a report on how perfectly this anime MAKES itself serious by not TAKING itself serious. "It's just a hobby". "If you don't enjoy it, quit". The anime TELLS you this but you end up feeling like shit along with these characters when they finally drop out, because even if it is a hobby they've let you know through their actions that it's what they love and strive for. God I could go on forever about this part. It's fucking genius. But I won't.

>>15410624
Sei is legit an amazing protagonist. Best overall character. I was not mad with a shounen protagonist. It's a fucking miracle. Sei you are a living miracle.
Adios friends. /m/ is a magical place. I'm glad it's slow enough I was able to come back from work everyday and talk with you all. What an adventure.
>>
File: GBF-ZA_BS.gif (3MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
GBF-ZA_BS.gif
3MB, 444x250px
>>15410637
Cheers, OP! Hitori ja nai!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A53fFvPxnXw
>>
>>15410637
Thanks man, if not for you i might not give GBF a chance at all since i don't like the premise and the fact that it's more kids oriented (probably from Try reviews i've read until now).

So far it is really a blast, and i can see that this is a love letter for fellow Gundam enthusiasts/hobbyists, lots of the fights are hype and the character developments are really really good here, hell i'm only at episode 9 and it is currently VERY enjoyable for me.
>>
>>15410637
>hype for a fucking children's advertisement.
That's probably my favorite thing about GBF. It's an example of how children's entertainment and glorified commercials don't have to be shit. They CAN be good.
>>
>>15410637
Anon, I'll tell you my biggest regret. I only saw GBF around 6 months ago but I went to Gundam Front twice. TWICE! and walked past the GBF setup they had there and dismissed it. My first visit only has a single photo with no flash (it was dark near it). I regret that since there will probably never be another moment where I can interact with an official Gunpla Battle display.
>>
File: Build_Strike.jpg (50KB, 603x470px) Image search: [Google]
Build_Strike.jpg
50KB, 603x470px
>tfw every time I see the designs they look that much more sexy
>tfw no MG X Maoh, Fenice, or Kampfer Amazing
Build Strike is honest to god one of my favorite suits. It's just so sexy to me. X Maoh is a close second with the lighter colors like the blue and lavender.
At least there's an RG Build Strike, so maybe we'll get other RG BF shit.
>>
>yfw when this comes on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd46nIoKJq8
>>
>>15410722

fuck the soundtrack was so good
>>
File: 1480207115338.webm (1012KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480207115338.webm
1012KB, 640x360px
GBF had no right to be as good as it was. It is a legitimate high quality show that absolutely floors everything else in the sub-genre of "tournament anime", and doesn't stop there given that it's one of the best mecha shows to have come out in fucking years as well.
So many different scenes and aspects of it were memorable and phenomenal in their own right. The battles, the custom designs, the soundtrack, the characters, the balance of serious and humor are all top tier.
>>
>>15410613
Anyone still have the collage pics?
>>
>>15409984
If we even get to see her grown up in married life at all, it'll be too soon.
>>
>>15410637
Isn't there a Battle Spirits show and at least one Level-5 adaptation with neat romances as well? But yeah, it's the exception rather than the rule. Nagasaki sure was based enough to tell Kuroda how to insert romance for this show, so it's a shame that his replacement is clueless.

>>15410189
When BnH Academia stops getting adapted (so, probably in a few years).
>>
>>15410595
Now watch try so you want to watch GBF to wash the taste out of your mouth.

>>15410613
>wish I could experience it again for the first time
It was glorious. But it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and we were in it. Be proud.

>>15410655
So proud.
>>
Now watch Try so we can see your suffering in real time.
>>
I don't know what the fuck happened but i picked up GBF when OP was on Fellini vs Sei/Reiji, now i have a snapfit HG Build Strike Full Package built and finished the marathon.

It was magical.
>>
Wasn't there some Gunpla battle type OVA before Build Fighters ever existed or did I imagine that?
>>
>>15411431
There was the Gunpla Builders OVA. Reiji builds a kit of the Beginning Gundam from it as his first gunpla.

It was kind of the same idea, except you would put the gunpla into a scanner in this arcade-style cockpit. It also wasn't particularly good.
>>
>>15411439
Directed by the same guy as Valvrave, at that. At least Kuroda kept some of its insanity for GBF, though the literal Char clone on a horse will be missed.
>>
did we ever get a proper character sheet of Rinko in her office attire outfit?
>>
>>15407464
It kind of parallels most Gundam series too with how the arms race works. A mobile suit that can withstand machine gun fire and carries a beam rifle is terrifying at first but soon enough everyone's got that technology and your highly advanced prototype is struggling to keep up.

It stays true to how most shonen anime-based children's games tend to fall into the same power creep to stay revelant too unfortunately.
>>
File: 81CKY2tZESL._SL1500_.jpg (249KB, 1500x968px) Image search: [Google]
81CKY2tZESL._SL1500_.jpg
249KB, 1500x968px
>>15411439
It honestly kind of spectacularly crapped itself on the last episode. The whole thing is about how effort and love for the craft are better than build quality alone, and then the MC gets one of a kind superspecial-OP parts from his dad who literally works at Bandai. There's a guy who parallels Kirara (just plays gunpla battle to show off and had someone else build his kit) except when he shows up in the finale to get a rematch with the mech he finally built himself he gets destroyed in half a second with barely any notice.

Show did give us a Hi-Nu in Nu colors kit and this wacky thing, so it wasn't all a loss.
>>
>>15412131
>The whole thing is about how effort and love for the craft are better than build quality alone, and then the MC gets one of a kind superspecial-OP parts from his dad who literally works at Bandai.

So it's just like TRY
>>
>>15412153
>So it's just like TRY
It's like 0079 when Amuro gets the one of a kind Gundoom which is made by his dad
>>
>>15412131
Didn't that show up in the background in GBF as well?
>>
I missed out on watching GBF with the rest of /m/, but my first time watching was still just as magical as it sounds like yours was. I'm super glad you enjoyed it, and you've made me want to watch it again for the second time
>>
File: 20100324010838239.jpg (65KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
20100324010838239.jpg
65KB, 595x842px
>>15412155
Gundooms are made of meh quality plastic, that wouldn't have carried him very far
>>
Nice, fun threads like this are probably the best ones on /m/. No shitposting or contrarianism, just plain enjoyment.
>>
>>15412153
>>15412131
So, the lesson of the day is, Nagasaki is the only gunpla director who gets the point of hard work and fun for everyone.

How did Plamo Kyoshiro fare in that department, incidentally? GBF has a reference to its Perfect Gundam.
>>
File: C8LeRdpUQAA9tfz.jpg orig.jpg (196KB, 1317x960px) Image search: [Google]
C8LeRdpUQAA9tfz.jpg orig.jpg
196KB, 1317x960px
>>15412167
That's why Gunpla contests allow custom parts to be made. The better material used the better deal you get.
>>
File: GPB-06-F20011_2.jpg (435KB, 1163x1600px) Image search: [Google]
GPB-06-F20011_2.jpg
435KB, 1163x1600px
>>15412131
>this wacky thing
You don't know wacky until you've seen the variants.
>>
Does Bandai even understand the difference between a show staffed by people who care vs a show staffed by people who just churn out generic anime?

Will Build Fighters just get dumped into the 'it used to make money but now it doesn't, its the audience's fault, it can't be helped' garbage box that lazy Japanese execs use for ruined IPs?
>>
>>15412259
I wonder if some staffers at Sunrise will eventually pull a Might Gaine/Heybot and just piss on the execs and sponsors of Bandai.
>Will Build Fighters just get dumped into the 'it used to make money but now it doesn't, its the audience's fault, it can't be helped' garbage box that lazy Japanese execs use for ruined IPs?
If the GBF OVA doesn't get released in the next five years, probably so.
>>
>>15412259
>staffed by people who care vs a show staffed by people who just churn out generic anime?
Both. They have staff that cares about their work.
They just don't care about your kind.
>>
File: 1463665626138.gif (2MB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
1463665626138.gif
2MB, 400x274px
I'm not sure but I wonder if TRY is the result of execs not understanding the complaints of GBF.
>Build Knuckle got old near the end of the show when the BS is so versatile in it's weapons
>Here's a protag who uses fighting as his only source of combat.
>People were turned off at the start because it looked too kiddy
>Here's a serious played completely straight show.
>>
File: never try.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
never try.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>15412199
>>
Will OP watch TRY now?
>>
>>15412378
If he wants to see everything he loved in BF shat on i suppose he can.

This threads got me rewatching GBF atm.
>>
>>15412298

Yeah, it was the characters that made BF work. Build Knuckle was certainly over used but you still had episodes where they had to play baseball or battle royals where rivals became allies and a bunch of other stuff like that.

What made if work where the characters. It was certainly silly that Aila couldn't dodge a punch at the end but it wasn't about the actual fight. It was about Reiji reaching out to her. About her breaking away from her status quo and growing as a character. She lost the fight in a silly way but I was to busy smiling because she was saved as a person and that's the kind of thing that keeps me invested in a show.
>>
This thread motivated me to subtitle GBF in my language (the existing subs are horrible) so I can watch it with my father, so thanks OP, I guess?
>>
File: Please kill me.jpg (88KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
Please kill me.jpg
88KB, 422x750px
>>15410637
>TFW finding my Wing Fenice
>the first kit I ever built
>It's covered in nubs and the joints are so loose it can't even dream of pulling off that pose
>>
>>15412131
>and then the MC gets one of a kind superspecial-OP parts from his dad who literally works at Bandai

To be fair they were translucent parts that had to be painted, in a world that operates on "PASSION FOR THE CRAFT AND BUILD QUALITY ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT MATTER" logic. It caps Haru's character arc perfectly, going from snapfag to painting the parts for color accuracy all the way to aftermarket kit modding going beyond what the base kit entails, opening up to the open frontier that is fullblown custom builds like rival guy's Forever Gundam.

Hanging up on the nepotism and curbstomp montage at the end overlooks that Haru did far more than, say, put two shields on a GP02 like that makes a custom kit and is being rewarded for it by the rules of the show: build it right and make it your own, and you'll come out on top.
>>
File: 1491619987673.jpg (369KB, 1500x974px) Image search: [Google]
1491619987673.jpg
369KB, 1500x974px
>make good use of clear parts
>>
>>15412873
Damn, looking at that kit makes me want some sour gummy worms.
>>
>>15410682
honestly, thank the animators, they made all the suits looks so good and animate so fluidly. im more excited if they make season 3 and see ibo designs actually animated well
>>
>>15413410
Isn't the main GBF animator working on a UC novel adaptation? That might cause a problem.
>>
>>15413421
dont know anything about the story, just hoping for some good fights and animation
>>
>>15406070
>i didn't build you to be put on a shelf for display
i honestly paused and looked at my gundam models behind me and felt a bit sad, just standing there doing nothing
>>
Wasn't going to post again, but I did think of one flaw the anime had, and that was with the Renato brothers. I didn't like how the anime tried to paint them as 'fighting dirty'. They put up a damn good show, fighting a battle with tactics. It should be a respectable thing yet every character was sneering and saying "wow this isn't gunpla battle!"

I also didn't like how every other character showed up yet they fell off the face of the earth. I don't think they even showed up as a cameo in the Gundam festival, and pretty much every character that ever appeared in the anime got a scene there.

Damn shame, but it's not too big a thing.

>>15412690
I'm glad. It deserves to be translated well. Make sure you share it online with people who speak your language. You'll make someone happy out there.
>>
>>15413498
You should have been here for the shitstorm after that episode aired. Pretty much everyone here thought the same and I think it tarnished an otherwise great image of Meijin and Ral. People never forgave them for that one.
>>
>>15413638
I'm the kind of guy that can overlook that, but I do admit it is a little stain on two characters who are otherwise godlike.
>>
>>15413642
>>15413638
Try went even further and completely ruined their characters forever.
>>
>>15413648
Not like I'll ever know, lmao. Ignorance is bliss baby.
>>
>>15413648
How exactly did it tarnish them? All I can remember is their execution being kind of half-assed (like most of the show), but the characters seemed basically the same.
>>
>>15412873
Holy fucking shit, I remember when the build video to this was posted here. I'm glad to know you improved, dude.
>>
>>15413443
It's alright. You DID build them to put them on a shelf for display. The show is quite clear that the hobby is what you make of it.
>>
>>15413498
I think the idea is less that hey were fighting with tactics and more that they were condescending assholes about it and bad sports.
>>
>>15409948
>So Mr. Ral is Ramba Ral, one of the antagonists from the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

I was disappointed that Ral was still alone in Try.
>>
>>15410595
Feels like watching GBF for the first time all over again.

Thanks for the read.
>>
>>15412417
I'd like to see OP's reaction to the Nemesis episode.
>>
>>15414642
Which is also part of what people's problem was with the second Kawaguchi.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.