[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From all my years browsing /m/, I've put together that the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: jupter.jpg (50KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
jupter.jpg
50KB, 638x479px
From all my years browsing /m/, I've put together that the Jupiter peeps are essentially the final boss of UC. Thing is: they're always buried deep in the background in side material. Will Banrise ever push a series in which they're more visible? I know they want to avoid late UC with all their might but they could at least incorporate them somehow better than they have up to this point?
>>
>>15397795
>Will Banrise ever push a series in which they're more visible?

You mean Crossbone?
>>
>>15397826

> Crossbone
> pushed by Banrise

That aside, Victory is the only animation that even suggests anything about Jupiter. Outside Victory you just have mention of the Jupiter Energy Fleet in 0079, Scirocco coming from there in Zeta and Judau going there at the end of ZZ that I recall. I'm not even sure they're mentioned in any of the other films or OVA.
>>
>>15397795

Well, the Crossbone Manga elaborates on why they choose to antagonize the Earth Sphere.
>>
Jupiter is the most overrated faction ever, they're just Zeon but more evil
>>
>>15397843

But unlike Zeon, doesn't their leader actually have a good reason for not liking the Federation?
>>
>>15397840
Because Jupiter envied Earth's access to water. Despite Jupiter's moons containing a dozen times more water than exists on Earth. Yeah, that's some great writing. I know it was just Dogatie's propaganda, but why did it work? Did no Jovian ever look at their surroundings and see they were made of ice?

>>15397918
Nope. Dogatie's reason is just that he's bitter he can't get his dick up. Seriously, that's it. Dogatie married a woman from Earth as some sort of symbolic peace gesture, and then got angry when he realized that since he was a thousand years old he couldn't keep up with her more youthful vitality.
>>
>>15398235
>Despite Jupiter's moons containing a dozen times more water than exists on Earth.

Is it drinkable water?
>>
>>15398242
Depends on the moon, some have considerable ammonia impurities. But even if you only had those moons, you can purify it. We've had the technology to purify water since the 17th century. Jupiter should not have a problem with it. It's just distillation, it's not hard. They'd have the systems required for it anyway just for recycling the water they were already using.
>>
>>15398242

If you've got a working purifying system any water is drinkable as far as I know. Not that it should be necessary, since there's no organic life around Jupiter more than likely, so there'll be no contaminants to purify in the first place. At worst it'll just have some dirt and dust in it, which will contain inorganic matter. Filtering should rid it of that though.
>>
>>15398235

Didn't the Federation also do little for the Jovian colonies when they were struggling and then, when those same colonies became more self sufficient and the quality of life improved somewhat for them, came back and forced Crux to marry a younger woman so they could get cheaper fuel and keep an eye on him?
>>
>>15397795
Heh if you want to feel better bout Jupiter you can always think it like this

>Jupiter need to destroy the Federation but Jupiter is too weak to fought against a the fully mobilized Feds
>Help create a dissent faction within EF and lo and behold Zeon was born
>Jupiter promise to fully support Zeon with Helium 3 if they launched their war of independence 50 years too late
>Got fucked by a trojan horse and horde of GMs
>Fuck
>several years later heard some growing anti-earth movement and a radical fed faction brewing on Earth Sphere
>Send one of Jupiter best agent to fully capitalize the event and weaken all side for Jupiter to easily invade them
>The said agent turn rouge and want power for himself which ended up killed by some feminine looking guy
>>
>>15398296
Kinda-sorta. They did strongly propose the idea that Crux marry Bernadette's mother, but it wasn't exactly forcing. The soft influence of economics, at worst. As for them doing little to help the Jovian colonies, why should they? Jupiter is an independent faction that maintains its neutrality, that's something they've been claiming from the very beginning. If you want to stay officially neutral so that you can sell your product to the Federation's enemies, you really don't have a right to be offended if the Federation doesn't want to give you aid. Why do you even need aid? You control the largest supply of the most critical resource in the known universe. How are you not wealthy enough to buy any support you need?
>>
>>15398310

>Jupiter is an independent faction that maintains its neutrality,

The Jupiter Energy Fleet is but the Jovian Colonies are not.

> You control the largest supply of the most critical resource in the known universe. How are you not wealthy enough to buy any support you need?

I was wondering about that myself.

I was also wondering what was stopping them from acquiring resources from Mars (assuming there are any) given it's closer than Earth.
>>
>>15398322
>The Jupiter Energy Fleet is but the Jovian Colonies are not.
The Jovian colonies were established by the Jupiter Energy Fleet, though, as a permanent support base in the field. The colonies are the equivalent of a company town, it's where the employees of the Jupiter Energy Fleet and their families live. Anything more to them is just how settlements evolve as they grow large enough for industries aside from the main one to be economically viable there.

>I was also wondering what was stopping them from acquiring resources from Mars (assuming there are any) given it's closer than Earth.
There is water on Mars, but probably not enough to export. Still, the asteroid belt's right there. It's canon that they mine asteroids in Gundam, that's where all those debris fields that mobile suit battles tend to take place in came from. There's plenty of water in the asteroid belt. Plenty of other resources, too, asteroid mining is where it's at for resource acquisition in the space future. Tons of iron, nickel, gold, palladium, platinum, cobalt, phosphorous, carbon, nitrogen, sulfur...everything you need for modern civilization.
>>
What was stopping Jupiter from placing Earth under a fuel embargo or using the fact that they're supplying them with fuel to get better living conditions?

Likewise, would Jupiter have to conquer Earth to bring the Federation to it's knees or just it's orbiting colonies?

I've seen it said that the Federation is dependent on it's colonies more than it's colonies are dependent on it.
>>
>>15398252
>>15398266

I meant more of solar radiation bombarding it.
>>
>>15397837

Are they mentioned in F91's animation?

I remember it being said that Jupiter threatened the Federation with an embargo if they moved against Cosmo Babylonia, whom they supported.

I'm not sure where that is from however.
>>
>>15398307

To be honest, wouldn't Jupiter demolish the Federation if they had tried to invade the Jovian sphere?
>>
>>15400091
At the height of their military power, the Jovians brought the fight to the Earthsphere and was going to push in the Federation's shit with their Divinidad mobile armors. I don't think it'd be any different if the fight took place around Jupiter.
>>
>>15398296
>came back and forced Crux to marry a younger woman so they could get cheaper fuel and keep an eye on him?
>>15398310
>Kinda-sorta. They did strongly propose the idea that Crux marry Bernadette's mother, but it wasn't exactly forcing.

In the future United govt earth is exactly like the Shogunate only with prime ministers and the trappings of parliamentary democracy. This is why I like anime. The inevitable Japanese-ness of it bleeds through in the strangest ways.
>>
File: 754px-Jupiter_family[1].jpg (46KB, 754x599px) Image search: [Google]
754px-Jupiter_family[1].jpg
46KB, 754x599px
Hey Faggots,

My name is Jupiter, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass pictures. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any celestial bodies? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of planets because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on the hubble telescope.

Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I am the biggest planet in this solar system, and am named after a god. What gods are you named after, other than the god of “jacking off to naked drawn Japanese people”? I also get straight A’s, and have a banging hot moon(She was discovered to have water under her surface which may contain life; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It’s me and my bitches
>>
>>15397795
They haven't even gotten to Mars Zeon yet and the Olds,obile Army.
>>
>>15401062

Whatever happened to those guys anyway?
>>
>>15397840
>Argh, we're all dying because we don't have resources because we rely on Earth supply fleets for everything and they take forever to get here because the travel time is so long!
>Hey, we're the Crossbone Vanguard! Our engineers apparently invented time travel because we have the god damn Minovsky Drive system like two decades before it was actually created. We can get from Earth to Jupiter in like a week!
>Oh wow, cool. Are you going to use it to help us out of this terrible situation?
>Nah, we're just going to use it to play at being pirates.

All of Crossbone could've been avoided so fucking easily.
>>
>>15401432
>Shit, I want to make this story involve both Earth and Jupiter but the setting prevents that!
>I know, I'll just say they had the necessary technology early but then it gets destroyed so no time paradoxes open up. Just like 0083 did!
>Oh shit, I need to have the characters cross the distance again for Steel 7 but it's still not Victory era yet.
>I know, I'll just have them find a functioning Minovsky Drive and then destroy that one too!

It's terrible writing, but the Crossbone Vanguard couldn't do the logical thing with their Minovsky Drive because then it'd be retconning Victory.
>>
File: Gale's Handywork.jpg (381KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Gale's Handywork.jpg
381KB, 800x1200px
>>15400202

The Federation's Mobile Suit forces must have been utterly terrible like they were during the Crossbone Vanguard affair.

Just a team of three individuals was apparently enough to demolish more than one of their bases and whatever stood against them planetside.
>>
>>15401432
>>15401444

How long did it take them to move the Angel's Halo from Jupiter to Earth in Victory anyway?
>>
File: Jupiter Stronk!.jpg (404KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Jupiter Stronk!.jpg
404KB, 850x1200px
>>15400202
>>15401444
>>
>>15401432

Would Crux even have accepted their aid?

He was so bent on vengeance, it seemed to have clouded his judgement.
>>
>>15397795
Jupiter is evil
>>
UC 0179 The Jupiter Republic Alliance goes to war against the Saturn Shogunate
>>
>>15397795
The purpose of Jupiter in most mecha series is to be an expy for a far off country in a universe with long range space travel.
>>
File: Char shakes Challia's hand.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Char shakes Challia's hand.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>15397837

Wasn't Challia Bull from the Jupiter Fleet too or something?
>>
>>15404710

They could do that better in Gundam now given they now actually have whole systems beyond the one the Earth Sphere is located in that could have established nations.
>>
>>15406601

That was the mention I meant, given that you never see the Jupiter Energy Fleet and only find that he's been with them if I recall.

>>15408897

You mean exo-planets? Gundam generally tries to stay Earth centered to keep it near-future and within the kind of scope people have some degree of familiarity with. It's broadened a bit to include Mars over the years, and 00 even had FTL in the finale - but I can't ever see it being a franchise where there's extra solar colonies as standard or anything honestly. It makes the setting a little too alien and speculative I'd imagine.
>>
>>15408936

Well, Turn A made mention of extra solar colonies, or rather it mentions quite a few colonies were converted into spaceships and fired across the cosmos to flee whatever imminent disaster was about to befall the UC era then.

Or that's one explanation it gives for where Spacenoids went and why the colonies are no longer over Earth.
>>
>>15397795

Wel, what would you have in mind?
>>
>>15408958

That's not even mentioned in the show if I recall though, only mentioned as a possible explanation in things like the manuals.
>>
>>15411089

How do they answer that question in the show then?
>>
>>15397837

I think it also gets another mention in the Antartic Treaty as one of the things both sides are to leave alone.

Makes me wonder if the Jupiter Energy Fleet could have brought an early end to the war if they wanted to by threatening to embargo both sides (though I suppose that would have hurt their profits).
>>
>>15412490

They don't, given that the show never asks what happened to colony cylinders in the first place that I recall.
>>
>>15413578

Just write it off as, "covered in Dark History" then?
>>
Federation = UN
Zeon = Middle East
Jupiter = Israel
>>
>>15397795

If they can find a way to do it in the early UC era.
>>
File: ssss.jpg (5KB, 108x119px) Image search: [Google]
ssss.jpg
5KB, 108x119px
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.