[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't want to come off like a shitposter, but why is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: would you like some making fuck.png (155KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
would you like some making fuck.png
155KB, 720x480px
I don't want to come off like a shitposter, but why is this given so much praise? I just started watching it and while I've been really enjoying it so far, I just don't see what this is doing different that other things around the time, and even before it had done already.
>>
>>15397217
You tell me.

I watched plenty of mecha shit before I tried Evangelion. I got up to episode 16 and couldn't bother to go on. Honestly, it was a real bore to watch.

I just can't be bothered to get into all this pretentious shit. Just give me a mecha show with good fights and I'm a happy man.
>>
It's edgy and shrooms make the watch more enjoyable

Also 2deep4u

Also the symbolysmmmmm
>>
>>15397217
Interesting character symbolism and psychological themes, visually stunning at points, and just generally a very interesting and fufilling show. It's not for everyone, and if you don't think it's all that then no worries. Watch it to the end (including the movie) while spoiling as little as you can before making judgements.
>>
>>15397217
>just started watching it
finish it first idiot
>>
summer already?
>>
Aside from all the godly nonsense that I love, I think it has the best portrayal of giganticism. The way they stomp around, are made of flesh rather than metal and generally fight just gets my heart going. I find most mechs to be pretty boring because they just seem like fast anime dudes rather than giants.
>>
>>15397377
good point. I like the little touches like the prog knife randomly chopping a jet in half when it's dropped.

I think people tend to get caught up in this "eva gits guud in second half" meme and entirely forget about the stuff the first 15 episodes do right
>>
>>15397217
It's people who don't watch mecha's first time seeing a darker take on mecha.
>>
>>15397389
I honestly prefer the more episodic parts of Eva to the 2deep4u parts, same with Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>15397389
>>15397398
Yeah, I much prefer the first half myself. It seemed to me like the characters were gradually growing and learning to come to grips with what they had to do. I don't like where the series started going in episode 19. But it was episode 24 where I felt things just got too bizarre for no reason.
>>
>>15397217
Because it focuses on the strggles of the characters rather than selling toys and has babby's first waifu.
>>
>>15397377
>what is Tetsujin and Mazinger
>>
>>15397578
>The way they stomp around, are made of flesh rather than metal and generally fight

READ
>>
>>15397217
Certain kinds of people are drawn into it. There is a lot of information in the series that you have to really look for, and I'm not talking about the symbolism and the like, stuff like where the angels come from, who Adam and Lilith are, what instrumentality is, and who wants it, and why, are all within the series, but not told to you outright. You have to look hard, and if you aren't into that, you probably won't like it. There's other things as well, but they depend just as much, if not more on personal taste. For instance, I became invested in the characters, some people don't, so as they are peeled away layer by layer I felt fascination and remorse for their suffering. I also have a somewhat more optimistic interpretation of the ending than most, and I think a lot of people, however the choose to justify it, never forgave the show for its apparent cruelty. Thats where the, "Anno hates the fans" narrative came from.
>>
>>15397611
TL;DR Deepestlore fags and sentimental fucks really like it, and I'm both
>>
File: 1438638764191.jpg (128KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
1438638764191.jpg
128KB, 400x534px
>>15397217
See
>>15397395
This is incredibly accurate. Normalfags think mecha = Voltron or Power Rangers. Then they see Evangelion, because it's one of the few mainstream mecha, and think it's some kind of radical and unprecedented take on mecha, anime and basically everything. They even call it a 'deconstruction' (lol).
>>
EVA is Ideon with Betterman bullshit.
>>
File: 189467546189.jpg (10KB, 180x280px) Image search: [Google]
189467546189.jpg
10KB, 180x280px
>>15397217
>why is this given so much praise?

Because its the deconstruction of anime. You just don't get it because it's too deep for you or you simply lack the intellect to understand the themes and symbolism.
>>
No, it's not a deconstruction. EVA is more like a self-psychoanalysis of its creator and his struggle with his favorite hobbies (waifus, mechas, anime & manga) and his own depression, more than an "edgy" deconstruction of waifu, anime, and Japanese culture.
>>
File: shinji-in-bed-1024-768.jpg (163KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
shinji-in-bed-1024-768.jpg
163KB, 1024x768px
It's a show about people and their difficulties being with other people (including themselves) masquerading as a show about robots.

If you're interested in or can relate to it's larger exploration of the ways people find themselves having existential crises of identity, you'll recognize it's brilliance.

If you just don't care about or get people in general, then -- and this is in no way a bad thing -- your sensitivities simply aren't geared towards the kind of introspective/interpersonal dilemmas and questions that are the meat of the show and you'll think nothing special is going on.

Think Mad Men, but with robots instead of advertising.
>>
>>15397217
Memes. That's it.
>>
>>15397395
>Evangelion
>dark
kek
>>
>>15397686
>You just don't get it because it's too deep for you or you simply lack the intellect to understand the themes and symbolism.

I feel like I just read something in a 1998 America Online anime chat room.
>>
>>15397217
>I don't want to
sorry, just can't read on...
>>
>>15397853
and music aesthetic
>>
>>15397686
Excellent bait.

>>15399631
It seems dark to people who have never actually watched anything dark.
>>
>>15400049
AKA memes.
>>
>>15397674
EVA is when you throw Ultraman, Ideon, Mazinger, and Devilman into a blender
>>
>>15397217
It's an ok show with some neat stuff to it that appeals to certain people that happens to be vastly overblown because most of the people who watch it have this bizarre expectation that all shows with giant robots in them suck and Evangelion doesn't.

Also a few of the side things are at least good for a few laughs.

>>15397674
Betterman came out later, though.

>>15400630
A little bit of Raideen in there too, just for added names you know, since Raideen had a character named Rei Asuka and then also a character named Mari.
>>
>>15400657
Nah that's a bit strenuous, those names are pretty common. If you want another name you can add a splash of Nausicaa since there's some small similarities.
>>
>>15397217
Aired early
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.