[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who green lighted this shit. here what IBO should have been.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1388558399637.png (48KB, 348x671px) Image search: [Google]
1388558399637.png
48KB, 348x671px
Who green lighted this shit.

here what IBO should have been.

>Bunch of war torn orphans, fighting to make their mark on the world. Sacrifices would have been made, but they would have laid the foundation to a better world. Destroying Coruption through Power and establishing hegemony, going against the status quo.

What we got.
> If you try to make a better life for yourself, you lose. Be a good goy and continue suffering. People on top of the ivory tower are the winners. Use cheap tactics, and manipulate the people viewpoint.
>>
>>15394126
It's not a happy lesson, but it is a good one. Too many stories tell people that if they just persevere and keep on fighting, they can do anything. But the truth is that no, entrenched power structures are so much bigger than you that only other entrenched power structures can cause meaningful change to them.
>>
>>15394126
>muh generic bittersweet ending with le epic hero sacrifices
kill yourself pleb, ibo is already shit enough.
>>
They literally achieved everything they initially wanted to

The lesson is that you have to make compromises and can't get by with childish ideologies
>>
>>15394126
Thanks for your valuable input
>>
>>15394297
How would you have made it better?
>>
>>15394126
>Bunch of war torn orphans, fighting to
make their mark on the world. Sacrifices would have been made, but they would have laid the foundation to a better world. Destroying Coruption through Power and establishing hegemony, going against the status quo.

Isn't it how it ends?
Did you see it till the end?
>>
It would have been nice if they actually lost, everybody who survived was better off thanks to Kudelia sugoi, and even Ride got his revenge on Nobliss
Hell, even the characters that died didn't have it that bad, Mika was content as he died, and Akihiro got the last laugh by killing Iok
We will never a complete downer ending like Zeta ever again
>>
>>15394126
>Bunch of war torn orphans, fighting to make their mark on the world. Sacrifices would have been made, but they would have laid the foundation to a better world. Destroying Coruption through Power and establishing hegemony, going against the status quo.

Are you baiting? This is literally what happened. You're describing the happenings of the show in detail.
>>
>>15394126
>If you try to make a better life for yourself, you lose.
Wow are you a fucking Icarus apologist too? You can escape prison, but don't fly too close to the sun you idiot.

>>15394193
I mean, they could have had a good chance though, judging by the political situation (Mar's was seeking more autonomy and Gjallerhorn had recently been proving itself weak). McGillis totally fucked up his revolution. He just wanted to wank in his Bael so he didn't prepare properly. I'll give him some credit though, his pokerface is so good it started to make me think he wanted to fail.
>>
>set up story about fighting for Martian independence
>spend 50 episodes not fucking doing that
I don't understand. They could have had an actually intriguing story involving human debris and child soldiers being used to fight for Martian independence and getting involved in black market metal deals and had all the politics and social implications of that in one story. Instead we got 50 episodes of some generic modern anime garbage full of bad animation and a story that revolves around an uninteresting group like the Gjallerhorn because Okada and the Sunrise staff REALLY wanted to project them as knightly to the point their existence and the entire power structure on Earth doesn't make a bit of sense.
>>
>>15394126

>a handful of mercenaries against an organisation that literally runs the entire fucking solar system all the way to Jupiter

I don't know what you were expecting, really.
>>
>>15394126
Yeah. We need neo Dougram, not that load of crap
>>
Watched: IBO
Expected: 10 days that shook the Space, Space Battleship Potyomkin
Got: a load of crap
>>
>>15394126
>The massacre played out exactly how Vitaly predicted, but then, a half-dozen other massacres happened in Sierra Leone that week. You can't stop them all. In my experience, you can't stop any of them. They say, "evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "evil prevails."
>>
>>15396820
And yet we never SAW any of that or were even given a concrete indication. If the organization runs all the way to Jupiter why were there only like 5 guys near enough to Mars alone in the first episode?
>>
>>15396863
That is because the series was never really good on the "show don't tell". They simply says that that is the situation and how it works and that's it. There is nothing much that can be done about that now.
>>
>>15396791
Mcgillis had a decent plan, but Gaelio being alive fucked his plan over big time, so he probably decided to live out his livelong chuuni fantasy and kamikazee himself at Rustal while he still had the chance.
>>
File: nuovf_fdOsI.jpg (57KB, 682x800px) Image search: [Google]
nuovf_fdOsI.jpg
57KB, 682x800px
>>15394193
>entrenched power structures are so much bigger than you that only other entrenched power structures can cause meaningful change to them
I wonder if i agree or disagree, looking at the example of this guy here.
>>
>>15394126
They did that in the first season when they helped get Kudelia into power. They fought for their freedom, worked with someone who could work for them, and helped her get the message out. They had just wanted to survive the hard life they had, and in doing so changed the world.

The second season had Orga outright admitting that he had no actual goal but to just keep amassing power like some African warlord. As a result they ended up getting yanked around by McGillis and his delusions rather than making decisions for themselves like they did before. It's only in the last few episodes when they remember the Tekkadan that fought hard so that all of their members could survive did they suddenly find their old way.
>>
>>15396920
This guy has removed the last leftovers of feudalism and kept most of the Ex-Empire together.
>>
>>15396920
I don't remember much about soviet history, so correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Lenin and the like topple a provisional government? That's hardly an entrenched power structure
>>
>>15396920
The Russian revolution was much more complex than just a bunch of peasants putting down the "powerful" Czar, in reality. The Czar power structure was already debilitated by finacery problems, curruption and such. Not just that, the own Russian army told the Czar that they would not support him against any revolution. What Lenin did was emerging as the victor in a civil war with a clusterfuck ton of factions, in more or less equal footing, fighting each other.

The French Revolution could be a better example, and even so.
>>
>>15396954
Provisional government was made out of members of the last Duma (aka Parliament), so they were pretty solid. Most of them were backed by industrialists and foreign banks.
Their opposite side were the local Soviets (councils) of workmen's peasant's and soldier's deputies, where the bolsheviks and left SRs got the majority
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.