[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't go to /tv/ often, but I saw this /m/ posted in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 25

File: 1491203229844.jpg (714KB, 1900x2116px) Image search: [Google]
1491203229844.jpg
714KB, 1900x2116px
I don't go to /tv/ often, but I saw this /m/ posted in the OP of a thread there.

Damn I lold hard. Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>15392750
I don't get it.
>>
File: how.jpg (569KB, 915x958px) Image search: [Google]
how.jpg
569KB, 915x958px
>>15392750
How did they manage to fuck up the CGI of the body so much? Why in the name of god didn't they make a physicla prop like they did for Iron Man and just stick him in it? Also where is this from?

Also can Warner stop fucking up their movies? The answer is always no
>>
>>15392750
they needed a black member of the jla and making J'onn black or introducing another black character like Black Lightning or Mr. Terrific was too much hard work.
>>
>>15392756
>I'm a DC fan
>>
>>15392756
>all that horrid blatant no try CG on Cyborg
may as well replace the dude entirely with green screen shit
>>
>>15392778
What's the relationship to Robocop?
>>
>>15392783
how can a film 30 years old look so much better in the whole cyborg thing than this DC shit
>>
>>15392783
Robocop is a man stuck in roblox body from the 80s that looks really good. But here we are 30 years later and Snyder didn't learn from that example and made Cyborg look like shit.
>>
>>15392787
To be fair Robocop looks better than most movies these days, even its own remake.
>>
>>15392783
*facepalm*
>>
>>15392750
The cyborg part of Cyborg looks trash but the human face part looks even worse.
>>
>>15392787
Oh so it's just comparing the special effects?
I thought it was implying Cyborg is a Robocop 30 years later.

Anyway the bottom image isn't really a good comparison, is it? The top is a close-up detailed shot, the bottom is in the middle of an action scene, from a trailer, even.
>>
File: 1489962832150.png (236KB, 361x361px) Image search: [Google]
1489962832150.png
236KB, 361x361px
>>15392806
>I thought it was implying Cyborg is a Robocop 30 years later.
There's something wrong with your problem solving skills if you thought that.
>>
>>15392806
>having faith in Snyder
kek
>>
Are there any webms of the cyborg from Eliminators rolling around wrecking shit?
>>
>>15392798
The face is a fine fit for the character, it just has no integration whatsoever into the CG around it. If they just had him wearing a prosthetic half-helmet it would immediately look better. Not great, but better.
>>
>>15392826
>it just has no integration whatsoever into the CG around it
That's what I meant, it looks bad. The whole thing, as it is rendered now, looks bad.
>>
>>15392812
Yeah, maybe. But OP says it's from /tv/ so it could be some /tv/ fan-OC about how Cyborg is Robocop's Robokid.
>>
Well done practical effects will always be better than CG.
>>
>>15392828
Ok. It was worded in a way it could mistaken for /pol/bait.
>>
>>15392750
I could stomach the shitty effect ms if the design was atleast good
>>
>>15392750
Yeah it looks retarded.
>>
>>15392750
Christ. Even the new Robocop looks better than that shitty CGI.
Nothing against the new Robocop, though. It was an ok movie.
>>
>>15392750
Is this from the trailer? Cyborg doesn't look THIS awful in the terrible posters.

Fuck DC for turning the colorful white and blue cyborg to gritty steel/grey/black and red. It wasn't even just Schneider being Schneider, DC themselves ruined him and made him so boring to look at.
>>
>>15393163
>Fuck DC for turning the colorful white and blue cyborg
He was never blue outside the cartoon. White and red was always his thing.
>>
>>15393172
That would still be an improvement, some white would make him visible. Also lets be honest, the cartoon is the main reason they picked him to be the face of black DC.
>>
>>15392756
Robocop's makeup and prosthetics are more appealing to OP than the CG character below. What OP does not take into account is that Robocop's FX result in a hero with a slow, lumbering movement that is unsuited for a modern superhero movie.
>>
File: content_ironman-blog-5.jpg (216KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
content_ironman-blog-5.jpg
216KB, 575x431px
>>15393231
The first Iron Man is basically the origin of the modern superhero movie, and that movie made use of a physical suit. It was, admittedly, replaced by CGI for a number of scenes, but even then the design was still the same as the physical suit and not the muddy grey-noise style that most modern CGI uses.
>>
>>15393231
How do the visual effects cause Robocop to be slow? Isn't that just the direction at the time, when robots where generally seen as lumbering and rigid instead of eerily agile and dexterous?
>>
>>15393276
Peter Weller was planning on giving Robocop a very fluid, elegant movement. But when they finally got to the set and put on the suit, it was too heavy and clunky to do what they wanted, so they had to start from scratch and give him the staccato walking and movement that we ultimately got.
>>
>>15392750
Christ Cyborg looks so fucking terrible
>>
>>15393276
They originally wanted him to move like liquid metal, the slow moving version we got was a compromise when they realized they couldn't do that with the suit.
>>
>>15393276
robocop was intended to be eerily agile , like those robot arms in automotive factories, the actor was trained to have that kind of body language, BUT that was during preproduction, as soon as they got the suit, and knew what they had to work, a cumbersom, heavey and hot neoprene and fiber armor, they decided to switch to a heavier , behemoth-esque body language
check the making of documentarys on youtube
>>
>>15393296
>>15393289
I'm honestly happier with the result, the weight was much cooler than just someone zipping around
>>
>>15392756
He is suggesting that It doesn't look as good as a movie made decades ago. He is right. It is pathetic, a movie made with a bigger budget and with better technology/techniques doesn't look as good as a movie made in the 80s
>>
>>15393325
yes, that is somthing that the remake missed.
its scarier to see an UNSTOPABLE MACHINE OF JUSTICE tanking everithing that yu throw at him, than a tacticool cylon.
they should have gone with the crome suit and hevaier plating
>>
>>15393341
It's what happens when you transition to a new technology. Practical effects, miniatures, etc had been around for the better part of a century by Robocop. People had spent lifetimes in that field, and studied under people who did the same. CGI just isn't quite there yet. Give it another few decades, then make this comparison.
>>
>>15393378
They should have used practical effects is what I'm saying, make up and prosthesis
>>
>>15393378
>Give it another few decades, then make this comparison.
... I don't see your logic. Sure newer movies will have photorealistic cgi, but we'll still be comparing a movie from 1987 and one from 2017. Even if we wait a couple centuries.
>>
>>15393395
Well, sure, but, see, Robocop is a suit that goes over the actor, like a prosthetic. Cyborg has mechanical INSIDES, and since prosthetics are on the OUTSIDE there's no way that you could use prosthetics to create the illustion that the mechanical parts are on the inside when the makeup is actually higher than the actor's real skin. Therefore it can only be CGI.
>>
Was iron man CGI considered bad?
Because whatever this is has no excuse when it can and has been done right before.
>>
File: you jsut peed the suit.jpg (77KB, 660x676px) Image search: [Google]
you jsut peed the suit.jpg
77KB, 660x676px
>>15393263
>but even then the design was still the same as the physical suit and not the muddy grey-noise style that most modern CGI uses.
It wasn't, actually. The Practical suit was a lot more bulky in stature and the proportions were a tad off from the concept art

Now, Iron Man 2's practical suit was a 1/1 replica
>>
Thing is, suit making technology has advanced a lot compared to when robocop was made. They could even make a partial suit and fill the gaps with CGI. As is it's just off putting. The lightning is all wrong too.
>>
Snyder cares more about thinking of Batman getting raped in prison than spending time making quality physical effects
>>
File: Frankenstein.png (392KB, 590x383px) Image search: [Google]
Frankenstein.png
392KB, 590x383px
>>15393378
But Cyborg looks worse than things from a couple of decades ago.

What we're seeing now is the proliferation of the technology and the techniques from the hands of a few skills artists into the hands of many less skilled artists. The same thing happens with every new special effect. Look at how good the prosthetics look in the 1931 Frankenstein movie and compare the 1964 Evil of Frankenstein version. The difference isn't time or technology, it's that the guy who made the first one was an artist at the top of his field and the second one was, more or less, just some guy. It's the gap between the one guy in the whole world who knows this shit, and the guy who probably read a book about how that first guy did it and understands the gist of it, but not at nearly the same level.

That second guy is way cheaper to hire, though.
>>
>>15393414
Robocop has mechanical parts inside as well and they still managed to do that and look better, that's not a very good excuse
>>
b-booyah
>>
>>15393443
>>15393263
Wait, the IM movies had an actual suit? That's nice, I thought it was just CG.

>>15393378
>CGI just isn't quite there yet. Give it another few decades
The CG parts in the first Jurassic Park still hold up incredibly well. It's not just time what matters.
>>
>>15393263
>tfw Iron Man is still one of if not the best superhero movie even almost 10 years later
What went wrong?
>>
>>15393499
>IM movies had an actual suit?
They do but RDJ would don the full suit or just parts of it depending on the scene.
>>
>>15393507
Nothing went wrong most of the time, it's just everything went perfectly right with Iron Man. The casting, the script, the effects, everything was just perfect.

Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain America are all pretty close, I think. The only ones that're close to what I'd call bad are Iron Man 2 and Avengers 2, and even those have some good things going for them. It's just really hard to recapture everything that went into making Iron Man so good.
>>
>>15393414
Robocop is all robot on the inside you moron. Literally the only thing transferred from Murphy's corpse were parts of his brain and what was left of his face. Everything else was destroyed or damaged from his execution with majority of his organs dying and failing.
>>
>>15392750
Looks like a bayformer without the car bits.
>>
File: John_Stewart_JLU.png (71KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
John_Stewart_JLU.png
71KB, 333x250px
>>15392760
>they needed a black member of the jla

who is John Stewart?
>>
>>15393475
>>15393668
In all seriousness, are you responding from a platform where you can't see the pictures attached to the comments, or was the Terminator 2 picture not enough of a giveaway? I realize it's a crappy picture, but I was having trouble finding ones that were clearly on-set pictures without any post-production work done on them.
>>
>>15393712
DC/WB are actively trying to avoid bringing up Green Lantern in the films because even by their awful track record Green Lantern was an unmitigated disaster and lost them a ridiculous amount of money.
>>
File: So Close.gif (230KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
So Close.gif
230KB, 320x180px
>>15392750
I wonder what it says about me that I am super excited for the Justice League movie
>>
>>15393729
I'm still saying that Robocop looks better with practical effects thanwith all the CGI rubbish
>>
>>15393736
To be fair, Green Lantern is a movie whose climax involves Hal Jordan flying away from Earth, through the asteroid belt to the sun. Parse that for a moment.
>>
>>15392750
That is fucking lazy.

Fuck DC and their shitty movies.
>>
>>15393760
It's ok though, he comes back as the Spectre.
>>
>>15393769
It is lazy and ugly to look at but certain people on this thread are defendingthis abomination>>15393414
>>
>>15393781
I honestly can't tell if you guys are trolling me, or if you're really this stupid.
>>
>>15392750
Hollywood's insistence on design by committee is the absolute worst. Sharp contours upon sharp contours upon ect. That guy is just one recycled head design away from being Ultron.
>>
>>15393712
I prefer Hal, Kyle, and even Guy.
>>
>>15392806
>Anyway the bottom image isn't really a good comparison, is it? The top is a close-up detailed shot, the bottom is in the middle of an action scene, from a trailer, even.
That's /tv/ in a nutshell anon. It's like how fucktards on /a/ post in-betweens as "evidence" of QUALITY because they know fuck all about the industry
Except /tv/ is even worse because they're normalfags too
>>
File: roboshinji.png (1MB, 1268x720px) Image search: [Google]
roboshinji.png
1MB, 1268x720px
Will the capeshit movie fad end soon?
>>
>>15393276
>Isn't that just the direction at the time, when robots where generally seen as lumbering and rigid instead of eerily agile and dexterous?
Way to completely miss the satire of the movie anon. He's clunky because OCP are suit&tie twats that want to pocket as much money from any given project as they can
I mean, they watched Metal Heroes to inspire his design
>>
>>15395567
It still bothers the shit outta me that hipsters, who only grew up in the Kyle era, ended up being Hal-heads because retro is "cool". The whole Barry thing is a much better example of this, but shit...
Guy is good no matter what era you grew up in, though the Warrior era was rough.
>>
>>15393378
It's has been a LONG time since Terminator 2 anon. Those 80s special effects techniques were born from a 1977 film. Take a wild fucking guess which one. Special effects were in a massive rut before ILM came along
>>
>>15392750
is he cel shaded?
why is he cel shaded?
>>
>>15393414
How many old horror movies have you watched anon? ZERO? They can show that shit easily same tech to show a joke in a Slasher film victims stomach
>>
>>15395613
>joke
*hole. Fucking autocorrect. Ima be cussing about the post cooldown in a second too
>>
Hey, guys.

You all know things aren't getting better. Look around you, you know it's true. That's why the government has been trying to push legalized drugs lately. They need something to keep you at bay now that the old opiate is wearing off.

FYI
>>
File: 3157828-5812139707-13294.jpg (212KB, 993x794px) Image search: [Google]
3157828-5812139707-13294.jpg
212KB, 993x794px
>>15395603
I like Hal because I picked up and read a few of the old Arrow Lantern books. I like Kyle because he does my favorite projections, and he just always seems to bounce back even as life shits on him. I like Guy because I just do. Somehow John always came off as flat to me. Does anyone actually care about Baz?

Kyle is my favorite though.
>>
>>15395605
Different geneology. Lucas built ILM, but the Terminator films were from the Stan Winston line, which spawned from the Harryhausen tradition.
>>
>>15395636
I dropped out after that Kyle-llax event, so I don't know Baz.
It's hard not to like Guy after JLI.
John became a good singular character in.... was it Recharge? The one where being an architect/engineer played a part in his projections (not that that version has ever been portrayed in any cartoon).
>>
>>15395610
they want the anime audience
>>
>>15395663
Baz wasn't bad in what little I saw of him, but I dropped out after the Johns run when the immediate followup story was "the universe has a limited supply of feels, so every time you use your rings you're feeling the universe to death, giving us an excuse for everyone to be a big asshole to everyone else again".

Did they ever fix that shit?
>>
>>15395636
Sauce on which issue that is? I'm not too familiar with DC
>>
>>15395640
When I mentioned Terminator I wasn't talking about the practical effects anon. As far as I know, T2 was the first film with a fully CGI character
>>
>>15395842
Can't remember off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure it was during Sinestro corps War.
>>
>>15395842
>>15395863
That's his second costume, the one he made right after changing it from the default, so since he's shooting at Parallax I'm guessing it's from Zero Hour.
>>
What are your expectations on Avatar 2? Apparently James Cameron is pushing for 40-60FPS CGI mixing with 24FPS live action. It would look monumental if he pulls it off.
>>
>>15395907
It'll look great and the story will be shit, making it the most loyal sequel to the original since John Wick Part 2.
>>
>>15395907
>James Cameron is pushing
Yeah, that's the entire problem with that man. It's become a detriment now instead of a positive. I'd rather he retired
>>
>>15395912
I agree with your opinion. His storytelling went by the wayside since T2.
>>15395915
He could atleast push for more technologically ambitious projects than the entire MCU, DCEU, and other cinematic universes happening in the film medium before calling it quits.
>>
>>15392750
I think this would be funnier if you labelled the Cyborg picture as 2007
>>
>>15395593
Marvel movies are planned for well past the year 2020 and knowing DC they'll be playing catch up until the fad ends in 200 years
>>
>>15396092
>Marvel movies are planned for well past the year 2020
Everyone knows Marvel only plans up to 2029.
>>
>>15392759
It's not that they fucked up it's that they just don't care. Why put effort into your cash grab when you know comic fanboys will sit through it no matter how shit it is? Even if Robocop was a soulless cash grab it still had to earn its audience for not having any brand recognition requiring much more effort to impress.
>>
>>15395931
The problem with Modern James Cameron is that instead of pushing tech to tell a story like he used to he's now telling a story to push tech. Subtle difference of mind but it makes a huge difference in the final product
>>
>>15396300
If Avatar is part of what you're talking about, he admitted that it was originally a tech demo for software meant for the steel angel movie.
>>
>>15393507
Very few risks being taken. Most super hero movies are good but it's hard to care when it feels like you've seen the same exact thing since 2008.
>>
>>15393552
The motion capture outfits look like Shakespeare in the park.
>>
File: no color correction.jpg (561KB, 1900x2116px) Image search: [Google]
no color correction.jpg
561KB, 1900x2116px
Better?

I think half the problem is the shitty color filters modern movies like to use that drown all the detail in the image making it look (even more) like a video game.
>>
>>15396353
Nah, it stil looks like shit. Hell, I remember going to the theater last year to watch some oter movie, and they showed the JLA trailer. When this guy came on screen I thought "This FX are not finished, right? This is not how he will look in the movie, right?".
>>
File: Assist_Trophy_Andross.jpg (58KB, 1000x760px) Image search: [Google]
Assist_Trophy_Andross.jpg
58KB, 1000x760px
>>15392750
It's honestly all I can think of looking at that Cyborg
must resist making jokes about black guys and monkeys
>>
File: 8dN0j7R.jpg (48KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
8dN0j7R.jpg
48KB, 900x900px
>>15396353
>>
These are the same jews that insisted on using CG instead of practical effects for The Thing (2011).

Everyone has pretty much given up on hollywood.
>>
>>15392750
even for modern CG that's a horrible pile of shit
that's fucking Asylum tier shit
>>
>>15393346
While I love the Robocop movies (except 3, 3 can die in a fire), one has to wonder why instead of trying to waste ammo and life on trying to kill a walking armored vehicle with their basic semi-automatic and fully automatic weaponry, why don't they just run away? The only way he'd give chase is by running them over in his vehicle, and it'd take him just as long to get back to it as it did for him to get out and enter the building.

EASY way to deal with Robocop. Best thing is, if it takes place during 2, they won't have to worry about other cops because other cops are on strike!

Though, if the criminals actually realized Robocop's weakness was his lack of mobility, we wouldn't have a good action movie as it'd be about Robocop being depressed about how he is too slow to actually catch any criminals.
>>
>>15397154
if you weren't bigoted against 3 you'd remember that splatterpunks know that cyborg eats bullets
>>
>>15396300
He is indeed in that frame of mind for a long time now. I don't doubt its potential but he let down his supporters before. He is probably the only guy in filmmaking who is crazy enough to do Glassless 3D 60FPS/24FPS in a seamless manner.
>>
>>15397154
Some did try to run, but Robocop is a perfect shot that will never miss if you try to run. Robocop also shoots more than he asks questions to begin with, so running just means you expose your back to him.

3 put him in a jet pack so he was literally unstoppable except when it came to cyborg ninjas. My god, fuck the third movie.
>>
File: collage_lb_image_page23_8_1324.jpg (241KB, 598x737px) Image search: [Google]
collage_lb_image_page23_8_1324.jpg
241KB, 598x737px
>>15397344
>hating on Otomo
>mfw
>>
File: junkrat_fucked_up.jpg (54KB, 578x508px) Image search: [Google]
junkrat_fucked_up.jpg
54KB, 578x508px
>>15392812
What kind of doge is that?
>>
>>15395636
>Mother fucking MOBILE POLICE PATLABOR featured in a comic

based
>>
File: POLICE.jpg (172KB, 580x834px) Image search: [Google]
POLICE.jpg
172KB, 580x834px
>>15398303
forgot pic
>>
File: justice-league-full.jpg (641KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
justice-league-full.jpg
641KB, 1920x1080px
>>15396353
Nope. I'm almost positive they intentionally botched the CGI for Cyborg.

He doesn't even look right in promotional material. I have no hope he'll look any better when the movie finally hits theaters.
>>
>>15393712
Apparently one of the producers/hrad honchos at DC has a boner for Hal and we're never ever seeing John again even though if you ask normal people between the ages of 15 and 35 who Green Lantern is 90% of the time they'll pick the black guy.
>>
>>15395846
It was actually Young Sherlock Holmes in 1985. Look up the stained glass knight.

I can't remember where I read that but apparently it was a OH WAIT it was that essay about the canned Gundam movie. Anyway, it was supposedly a milestone.
>>
>>15396406
The saddest part is that adapting the animated TT design would have made too much sense.
>>
>>15393797
not trolling,just telling you the truth, Robocop from the 80s looks better than cyborg from justice league in the 2010s
>>
>>15396353
Robocop still looks ten times better than all that CGI junk. They should have just put him in a suitand make up
>>
>>15398845
The promotional material just makes him look like a bayformer with a human face
>>
>>15393507
Logan's up there.
>>
パトレイバー実写版はデキの悪さに驚いたな、あと悪口ならアルミのホイル焼きだろ、もっとターミネターっぽいはずだし、アーマーならレックスルーサーの方がまだマシだ
>>
>>15400724
If DC is sane. They will do everything to make Jonah Hex a thing due to the resurgence of Cattlepunk via Logan and Westworld.
>>
>>15401214
>Cattlepunk
Its fucking called western for fuck sake, don't go around putting "punk" to everything and thinking its somehow a new genre
>>
File: W1J27.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
W1J27.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>>15393499
>>15393552
>depending on the scene
THIS IS HOW YOU FUCKING USE CGI
They had a hundred different combinations of partial suits for close-up shots where detail was important, or RDJ was interacting with things in a way that would be much more realistic if he was actually eating a donut with his gauntlets on, for example.

Even a lot of /tv/ doesn't get the importance of this kind of thing, and it shits me to tears when you see hype for movies talking about "such realistic" practical effects, when they're used once in a meaningless take and CGI bullshit fills in all the critical bits.

Take Ghost in the Shell and all the Weta practical effects. Potentially exciting because they're used for some gorgeous closeups, but then the tank fight looks like it's 100% animated.
>>
>>15393620
>Guardians of the Galaxy
I think this one deserves a little more credit than "pretty close", since it was basically an Avengers film, without seven prior movies to establish all the characters, and popularity exploded just as much as Iron Man.
>>
>>15392756
CG ruined everything
>>
>>15401214
Considering the last Jonah Hex bombed hard as fuck that's not going to happen. They will likely make a Dark Knight Rises movie adaptation but instead of just make it like the comic they will stumble in attempting to be exactly like Logan and horribly butcher it. I just pray they don't realize how easy it would be to make A Fables Hulu show, to rival Marvel Netflix shows, and horribly butcher the only ongoing western comic that's not utter trash.

Also I'm still not sure if Suicide Squad was their attempt at ripping off Deadpool or they will try with Lobo. Considering that Deadpool only worked because Reynolds literally tricked WB with a fake script, unless someone cares about Lobo that much (no one does, don't lie) it will also be a disaster.
>>
>>15401224
Its been there since Wild Wild West. Not a new term.

>>15401233
As far as new movies goes. District 9 holds up than most effects laden movies.
>>
>>15401336
Deadpool turned out to better than it has any right to be. Its like one of those DTV gems that are watchable.
>>
>>15401336
Suicide Squad seems like an attempt at having both GotG and Deadpool
>>
>>15401477
it started as "oh shit Guardians made money let's make that" and was hastily tweaked to be "oh shit Deadpool made money let's make that" because DC is a hilarious pile of shit at movie making
>>
>>15401482
This is i want DC to crash and burn as fast as possible. They got it wrong from the start. Snyder The Childhood Destroyer is a HACK.
>>
>>15401336
>unless someone cares about Lobo that much (no one does, don't lie)
Frag you.
>>
>>15401472
>Its been there since Wild Wild West. Not a new term.
Not that anon, but I don't believe that term is that old, that is, I don't believe "cattlepunk" predates the existence of both "cyberpunk" AND "steampunk".
Now with that out of the way, it's not a widely used term. Also WWW goes well beyond what the term implies.
>>
>>15401519
It isn't a widely used term. Weird West is used more often. Though, i do believe it started during the late 90s and not during the original run of the short lived tv series The Wild Wild West.
>>
>>15401550
The "weird west" genre does fit WWW, though to the extreme. I think the reason "cattlepunk" isn't as mainstream is because it's during the same timeframe and (usually) with the same tech as "steampunk", and is probably considered "steampunk" to some.
>>
>>15393408
Things in the future will look so good that effects from the 80s will be nearly indistinguishable from effects from the 40s
>>
>>15402207
Waiting decades won't change the difference between this movie from 1987 and that movie from 2017. They will still be the same.
>>
File: The Phantom Creeps.jpg (218KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
The Phantom Creeps.jpg
218KB, 500x583px
>>15402207
You talking shit about effects from the 40's?
>>
>>15402905
That one's 1939 iirc.
>>
>>15393760
Didn't Airplane! 2 do that?
>>
>>15402923
You're correct. I kept trying to think of a 1940's robot and I kept coming up with things from the 30's or the 50's so I was like, "Fuck it, nobody will notice. It's only one year off, anyway."

I should have known better.
>>
>>15402948
lol sorry

wiki says Elektro's dog debuted in 1940
>>
>>15395636
>Kyle creates an Ingram
>Guy is a much smarter Ohta

>TFW we'll never see GLC versions Divison 2
>>
>>15401336
>I just pray they don't realize how easy it would be to make A Fables Hulu show, to rival Marvel Netflix shows, and horribly butcher the only ongoing western comic that's not utter trash.

>What is Doom Patrol
>What is New Super-Man
>What was The Flintstones

Learn to enjoy comics, my man.
>>
>>15397262
People don't realize that even Titanic was a marvel of special effects for its times techniques. But compare T2 to Avatar in T2 the Liquid Metal Terminator is incidental to the story they couldve still made the film if it didn't work out but in Avatar even the very setting of the story with all its verticality is designed from the ground up to show off the 3D it's just backwards priorities
>>
>>15398868
Yeah they've got the only character in comics whose replacement with a Minority was actually received well and they're not taking advantage of it
Even when they got what youd think they want the Suits still wanna fuck with things
>>
>>15398886
Interesting, I've read most of the Conan Doyle stories so I'll have to check out that movie
>>
>>15403635
Yep. Doesn't help Avatar much in the storytelling department. Its basically world building first, story second. James Cameron better get it together. Such a shame he has promising storytelling and gravitas when he gets it together and not go too crazy on the effects. The Terminator and The Abyss shows that he can have artistic sensitivity when he tries. You can tell whether Cameron is making a film for mainstream audiences or not via Cameron's use of claustrophobia. If he uses it more often then its not for mainstream audiences but if he barely uses it. You know that he is aiming for a blockbuster.
>>
>>15403691
Dude. He literally admitted in interviews that Avatar was just a tech demo for software he developed for the Battle Angel movie he wanted to do.
It's not supposed to be a "deep" movie, it's supposed to be a light action flick. C'mon, he never pretended it was otherwise, "Unobtainium".
>>
I kind of like the angular, almost tron 2.0 looking body armor... but then he just has a completely smooth metal plate on his head which kills the whole thing.
>>
>>15403719
The unobtainium name still makes me laugh til now. If Avatar 2 turns out to be Quaritch's Revenge. Then all bets are off. Its taking him so long now that nobody knows whether it will actually be released or not.
>>
File: BOOYAH.png (879KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
BOOYAH.png
879KB, 1200x628px
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.