[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that IBO is the worst in the franchise we can finally stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 16

File: gundam guide.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
gundam guide.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
Now that IBO is the worst in the franchise we can finally stop pretending this chart is somehow wrong.
>>
Any chart that list Turn A as a low point is wrong.
>>
>>15392494
>Turn A low point
here's your (you)
>>
File: ANN.png (775KB, 4232x1620px) Image search: [Google]
ANN.png
775KB, 4232x1620px
>>15392494
This is the only chart that needs to be shared.
>>
>>15392539
Wow cool chart

I like it and will save this
>>
>>15392539

Much better. Straight to the point, by the numbers stuff. No meme-tastic forum fluff opinions.
>>
Fucking christ who compiled this thing?

How many "low points" are there, who dictated that, and why is Turn A included in that? And you better not say "it was controvertial at the time due to its designs" as an excuse, indicating this is attempting to try to tell people more than just /m/'s aggregate opinion. Cause if that's the case, I know no one wants to hear it cause its popular to hate on here and its fresh in everyone's memory, but IBO is actually pretty well received in other parts of the net.

Like, seriously, when has Turn A been considered a "low point"? I've posted here for years and I've never seen it ill-received on here other than the odd end sentiment here and there.
>>
>all pros and cons are pretty balanced, simple, straight to the point, and do a decent job of being as unbiased as possible.

>gets to IBO, and the cons get weirdly specific, long winded, and biased.

Haha, yeah, this totally wasn't a glorified attempt to vent about the new series. Don't get me wrong IBO's a flawed series but the sheer amount of reactionary bias from its section here is an eyesore in an otherwise decently unbiased chart.

Although I'll agree when has Turn-A ever been a "low point"? Are we talking critically? Or financially? I think this thing throws that "considered a low point" around a bit too flippantly. If we're considering turn-A a "low point" here, why isn't V Gundam? The series Tomino himself despises and people have very divisive opinions on generally no matter where you go?
>>
>>15392494
>ZZ is canon
The chart is still wrong
>>
>>15392902
I blame the South American shitposters with shit taste.
Y'know: SEEDfags.
>>
>>15392902
>>15392938
It's a troll chart.

A while back, Turn A said it was considered the best in the franchise and Destiny said it was a low point. Some people, myself included, thought this was a stupid amount of bias. The real chart should not have any series listed as good or bad.
>>
>>15392955

Ah I see makes sense.

I mean it's too bad we can't seem to get a mature perspective enough to put some personal bias aside for just a moment cause other than a few things it's not a bad chart. It'd be generally bias free if not for a few edits. Maybe just take all the "low points" out.
>>
>>15392985
It doesn't matter because a shitposter will false-flag as someone sitting on the most recent entries, then turn around and defend them, replying to himself, repeat ad infinitum. Although I too like just listing pros and cons, not giving something a score or best/worst.
>>
File: guide3.jpg (2MB, 2800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
guide3.jpg
2MB, 2800x3000px
>>
File: December 2016.jpg (2MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
December 2016.jpg
2MB, 2800x3402px
This is the most up to date chart until someone feels like filling IBO.
>>
>>15393112
You know what, I'll give it a go. I'm neutral about IBO.

What's the font used on the chart? I just want to be sure.
>>
>>15393153
Rewrite all of it with something that looks close.
>>
File: Gundam List.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam List.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>15393152
>>15393153
I made an attempt. Feel like I could've done better with the Pros but I feel the Cons are on point with the main complaints about the show.

The font I used was just Arial 7pt
>>
>>15393238
That's fucking terrible. Why the fuck would a show about mercenaries be a positive? And the show has a lot more flaws than that.
>>
>>15393264
every show has more flaws than the chart suggests

might as well redo the whole chart
>>
>>15393238
remove "destiny being a low point" and add "music has mixed results" under 0080 and you're golden
>>
File: 1489776811627.jpg (88KB, 855x885px) Image search: [Google]
1489776811627.jpg
88KB, 855x885px
>>15393264
I listed the merc thing as a pro because I felt that it could be a pro to someone who's tired of the standard formula of "Teen ends up in a gundam and starts working for the federation to take out the villain faction" that encompasses pretty much every series asides from G, X, Stargazer, 00, and Build Fighters/Try.

Sorry that you're triggered by the existence of mercenaries for some reason.
>>
>>15393301
I don't really get why he's mad either, but it might be good to further streamline that the premise and setting and main character focus is "tradition bending" which could potentially be appealing and just leave it at that.

Also, the protags of Wing are arguably Mercenaries too just saying but I know what you meant.
>>
File: attempt.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
attempt.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
I tried to be as unbiased as possible.
>>
>>15393626
I'd cut out "Specific cons aside..." since it just feels like fluff, and I'd probably merge the first and third points together and make it a more generalized, something like

>Morally ambiguous nature of the story and personal motivations can make sympathizing with a side or character difficult
>>
>>15393700
Yeah I think you're right I might just do that. I do think a lot of the series is fundamentally by design just not for everyone, but the other details should say that enough.
>>
>>15393626
I think the last con should be deleted

It's valid but I wouldn't say it's something everyone should know going in
>>
>>15393626
Man this is worse than the last one
>Ensemble cast where multi characters can be seen as mains in their own right

Is just fucking horseshit

>Unapologetic moral gray vibe

I see you're a simpleton.
>>
>>15393626
Wow this terrible. Its like you're struggling to find something to praise about IBO and trying way too hard to not be too negative.
>>
>>15393626
>Ensemble cast where multi characters can be seen as mains in their own right

Isn't IBO's main criticism is that its characterization is incredibly weak even by Gundam standards? Also every Gundam anime is morally gray to an extent that's not entirely unique in IBO
>>
File: attempt2.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
attempt2.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>15393728

At least he's trying you fucking baby.

And it is an ensemble cast. The definition of "ensemble" is that the cast is more about the whole than a single character, and Mika obviously wasn't the one pushing the story forward. The focus shifted between Orga, Kudelia, Yamagi, and even other side characters like Gaelio. It's a decentralized narrative, which is why many don't like it but that doesn't that's not precisely what it is.

If you're so fucking smart why don't you get your lazy ass to do it instead?
>>
>>15393719
Fucking Ein though.
>>
>>15393626
>Unapologetic moral gray vibe
No more than other gundams. It simply tries to play the aspect up more while being much more childish with them.

>Morally ambiguous
It is more that they are just not that likeable. Again Gundam has that with many liked characters. I think the problem is more lack of clear motives or relevance of actions to the story.
>>
>>15393764
>Seed Destiny
> "Regarded by many as a low point in the Gundam franchise"

Don't you mean all?
I've never seen a single anon seriously regard SEED Destiny as anything other than a massive pile of shit.
>>
>>15393803
Shit son you haven't been around here recently
>>
>>15393764
>Ensemble cast
>only one character had a definitive character arc

You're retarded
>>
>>15393871
Oh look here comes the Iok defense force.
>>
>>15393803
It is my favoriteboverall entry, Dr. Clown
>>
>>15393764
>And it is an ensemble cast
It wasn't you stupid fuck. Ensemble cast means that everyone had a role in the story and interacted with other characters...in IBO most of the cast have no chemistry with one another and don't even interact with one another. How the fuck is that an ensemble cast?

>The focus shifted between Orga, Kudelia, Yamagi, and even other side characters like Gaelio.

The only character that can be considered a main in that lineup is Kudelia because she had an arc that met a fruition. Orga was incredibly stagnate, Yamagi is a fucking side character and Gaelio was barely relevant.

> It's a decentralized narrative, which is why many don't like it but that doesn't that's not precisely what it is.

No people don't like it because its cast is poorly developed with no sense of focus so you wind up not caring about everyone because they're just there. Gundam X is a series that has an ensemble cast because while Garrod is the MC a good portion of the series is focused on the rest of the cast and they all have their own arcs that come together that don't resolve around Garrod.
>>
>>15393803
It's the fourth-most-popular Gundam series you twat. Should we have "Regarded by many as a high point in the Gundam franchise" too?

I don't think 0079, 0080, Turn A, or Destiny should have statements about how people perceive their quality listed as either pros or cons. There are a lot of people who like and hate every entry. Also, X mentions being short for a Gundam series, but that was before G-Reco was a thing.

The whole chart could use a workover.
>>
File: attempt.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
attempt.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
Alright, I tried again. Wittled things down further as I don't think too much elaboration was necessary so I tried to keep it as base as possible.

And guys, guys, chill. I know it's not going to satisfy everyone (I'm pretty sure some people just want me to put nothing in pros and make the whole thing a list of cons.), but I did the best I could.

For the record, I think it's a flawed series too but it DOES have appeals to some people, and the point of this is to just give these as straight forwardly as possible and let whoever reads this for reference judge for themselves.

If it's still not good enough, I'm really sorry. But it's not like I'm stopping anyone else from trying. If someone likes this one, it's cool; if not then it's fine. I said I would give it a shot, and I did.

And as for the ensemble cast thing, which seems to be pissing a few people off. Well...it kind of is an ensemble cast. Mika might be the "main character", but he's not the driving force in it. The perspective shifts a lot to Orga, Kudelia, Yamagi, Akihiro, even characters on the "other sides" like Gaelio or McGillis. I'll admit that saying others could be the main character is a bit much, which is why I removed it; but the story does focus more on the "whole" than just on Mikazuki himself, who other than when he needs to fight really appears very little compared to other characters.

If you hate the ensemble thing so much though, you're more than free to remove it yourself if you want. It's fine.

Anyways, I tried. I'm sure I'm gonna get called retarded and stuff, but like I said I'm not stopping anyone else from trying too.
>>
File: this post.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
this post.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>15393899
>its popular so that means everyone like it

Ironically enough GSD isn't rated highly in Japan either.
>>
>>15393893
>An ensemble cast or main cast is made up of cast members in which the principal actors and performers are assigned roughly equal amounts of importance and screen time in a dramatic production.

Tell me where in there does it say anything about interaction with other characters?

>it's another "/m/ can't do basic research when belittling points it doesn't agree with and would rather make completely off topic and occasionally provably false tirades at any point to reinforce their post-truth narrative" episode
>>
>>15393908
What's the more logical conclusion here:
1: It's popular, so that means everyone likes it
B: It's popular, so that means everyone hates it

But I wasn't insinuating it was universally liked. It's not. A lot of people do dislike Destiny, but a lot of people like it too. It's disingenuous to present the reaction to it as solely negative.
>>
>>15393905
Stop using an edited version of the chart

Some retard has changed the wording on various entries. this is the real one >>15393112
>>
>>15393905
>An ensemble cast or main cast is made up of cast members in which the principal actors and performers are assigned roughly equal amounts of importance and screen time in a dramatic production.

Lets see;

Mika despite being a main character in name only gets about the least amount of relevance and development in the cast

Gaelio is absent through most of the story and winds up not being important to the plot at all just serves as a plot point for McGillis

Kudelia gets more screentime and importance than the vast majority of the cast

Yamagi gets half an episode focused on him, outside that he's mostly in the background

Akihiro gets his two episode arc then is relegated to the background

So much for ensemble cast
>>
>>15393845
I really haven't.
You're not seriously telling me that opinion on /m/ has swayed in SEED-D's favour are you?

Horrifying.
>>
>>15393913
>Tell me where in there does it say anything about interaction with other characters?
>which the principal actors and performers are assigned roughly equal amounts of importance and screen time
>>
>>15393929
Not him, but that's hardly the case. In a pair of strawpolls we had a month or two back, SEED Destiny was still the most disliked entry in the franchise.

It's just that a lot more people are willing to defend it or aspects of it nowadays.
>>
>>15393929
There's some nigger going around saying SEED Destiny is one of the best ever and Turn A/0080 sucks donkey fuck
>>
>>15393803
>I've never seen a single anon seriously regard SEED Destiny as anything other than a massive pile of shit.
I rather liked it, on the whole.
I watched it right after marathoning the original SEED, so I was a bit sick of the reused footage, and the inexplicable mass amnesia that caused Orb to want to join the Federation that invaded them for their resources in the second half of SEED really put me off at first.

But once I got over this inexplicable change to the setting, the story proceeded rather nicely from that point. I liked Kira, so seeing him return to the spotlight didn't bother me like the people who got really mad that the story didn't bend over for Shinn and portray Kira as being wrong. The Hirai-face kind of holds it back, as it did with the first SEED, not gonna lie. At worst I'd say it's the lowest ranked of the shows I considered "okay". Not one of my favorites, but not in the group of Gundam shows I consider bad, either.
>>
>>15393935
>the only way to be important in a work is via interacting with the rest of the cast

Your next post will consist of stretching the definition of interaction so thin that Agnika Kaieru himself interacted with Kudelia's secretary.
>>
File: 1301986954685.png (376KB, 1100x800px) Image search: [Google]
1301986954685.png
376KB, 1100x800px
>>15393937
ah, thanks for clearing that up anon. I thought for a moment that /m/ turned into garbage whilst I was away.

Here, have a blast from the past.
May you too one day ride with brother Leo.
>>
>>15393958
>the only way to be important in a work is via interacting with the rest of the cast
Uh yeah that's pretty much it. A story is composed of characters who interact with one another. Did you fail basic reading comp too?
>>
>>15393950
Wow even someone trying so hard to be contrarian can't defend it
>>
File: 1422739758228.jpg (73KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
1422739758228.jpg
73KB, 704x528px
>>15393969
The contrarians are the ones who dislike Destiny, anon.
>>
>>15392505
>>15392510
>>15392902
>>15392938

>Turn-A
>Not a low point

The meming for that show is literally out of hand. Rewatch it and fuck off. It's a fucking travesty. If you can bash IBO S1 and that Workers Colony part in the first half of AGE under the grounds of taking forever to do anything you have no excuse to not be calling Turn A nothing short of garbage. It's like watching a nature documentary.
>>
>>15393937
that's just a strawpoll, and anyone with dynamic IP can vote over and over. And you already know how dedicated the Shinnfags and Darth Lacus guys are. Not to mention the fact that the second lowest rated show in the current strawpoll is G-Reco, and you know the G-Hadi aren't going to let it be the lowest rated.

Basically strawpolls are totally unreliable sources of information.
>>
>>15393985
It was also the least liked series, with only 11 people liking it compared to 145 liking 0079.

As somebody who enjoyed Destiny quite a lot, I think it's safe to say /m/ doesn't like it.
>>
>Pros
Creative setting and concepts
Gritty aesthetic
Imaginative mobile suit design
Attempts to tackle mature themes head on
Melee focused combat without beam weaponry

>Cons
Does not use the setting and themes to their full potential
Fight scenes are sparse at times
Animation quality is erratic despite this even outside of fights
Pacing issues especially in the first season
Characters either don't develop, develop very slowly or very quickly
The motivation and/or relevance to the plot of certain actions is not always clear
Erratic tone especially in the ending
>>
>>15393983
Fuck off G-Recuck
>>
>>15392494
>Z mentions annoying side characters (true)
>ZZ doesn't
bitcha and mondo got my blood boiling more than anyone in Z
>>
File: mixtagoogly.png (558KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
mixtagoogly.png
558KB, 1280x738px
>>15393969
You seem to think that in order to defend it from being called "a massive pile of shit" I have to laud it as the best thing ever. I may not have loved it with MY LOVE, MY ANGER, AND ALL OF MY SORROW, but I did like it. Not quite as much as I liked IBO, but I did still like it.

As far as you arrogantly believing that I am only saying I liked it in order to bother you personally or whatever....
In the immortal words of Chuck D:
"Mind over matter.
I dont' mind, and you don't matter."
>>
File: 1476220107422.png (187KB, 599x461px) Image search: [Google]
1476220107422.png
187KB, 599x461px
>>15394008
>Attempts to tackle mature themes head on
>>
>>15394033
"Attempts" is the keyword. They take one step then fall flat on their face.
>>
>>15393152
Guy who made this chart. I'll post an update soon. I'm cleaning up some of the other entries as well, mostly vocabulary and the SEED and Destiny remasters.
>>
>>15394024
>>
>>15394013
Not him, but Reco is even worse than Turn-A when it comes to meandering without anything really happening. No real stakes to anything, no faction takes any significant loss until the very end, tons of pointless asides to things that have nothing to do with the plot, etc...
>>
>>15394047
>g. No real stakes to anything, no faction takes any significant loss until the very end, tons of pointless asides to things that have nothing to do with the plot, etc...
Stick to A/Z
>>
File: 1491229669537.jpg (72KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491229669537.jpg
72KB, 400x500px
Excuse he capslock.
>>
>>15394046
WOW, WHAT AN AMAZING ARGUMENT.
SUDDENLY ALL THE ENJOYMENT I GOT OUT OF DESTINY HAS RETROACTIVELY BEEN CONVERTED INTO BOREDOM AND CONTEMPT.

Wait...no it hasn't.
Your opinion of the show has no bearing on my opinion of the show. Have a nice day.
>>
>>15394033
It does. Child slavery and (very young) child soldiers who are basically in economic slavery being the most obvious as they are pushed the the front and a regular enough point of discussion. They are meant to appear like a band of african child soldiers which is a big issue to tackle. Gundam has had children who are soldiers but not in the same way (outside of a small part of 00) and not as much of a focus. They obviously were aiming for a gritty mature show.

Problem is they didn't do anything with it but make it a sob story, which it isn't even smart enough to pull off well. In a interview they even admitted they had no idea what to do with this which really showed in how immaturely they handled such topics.
>>
Maybe it's best to let IBO sit for a while since /m/ is still too butthurt to look at it objectively.
>>
>>15394050
No thanks.
If a Rectard recommends it, I'm sure it will bore the shit out of me.
>>
>>15392539
>ANN
literally kys
>>
>>15394047
>deflecting and falseflagging
Again, kill yourself G-Recuck.
>>
>>15394061
Or maybe it was just shit
>>
>>15394074
>G-Recuck
No, you don't understand.
That was the only Gundam show I ever dropped. You couldn't be more wrong if you were calling Hitler a Zionist. I sat through twenty episodes waiting for something interesting to happen aside from Raraiya being tardorable, and summarily dropped the show at "YOU MEAN WE CAN HAVE FISH?!?!"
Shitsux, yo.
>>
>>15394061
IBO has positives, but I think it's honestly really weak.
>>
>>15394090
The problem with IBo's positives is you can easily find a negative to go with it

Amazing suit design, but terrible animation and lack of fights
Competent Villains, but only at times and often feels like as pull plot armor
Ensemble cast, which teh majority of gets barely any focus or much of a real arc including prominent characters like Mika

IBO's positives are all in concept not execution
>>
>>15394088
So this is what a retard sounds like.
>>
>>15394090
>IBO has positives
Uh...I liked when it was over
>>
>>15394101
nice retort friend!!!!

chiming in to say turn-a is also the only gundam ive ever dropped. would rather watch naruto.
>>
>>15393929
It has.
>>
Why does /m/ get so triggered
>>
>>15394059
They never touch on the child soldiers shit and that's not even a "mature" topic.
>>
>>15394096
>Amazing suit design
That's false.
>>
>>15394072
>What the fuck facts and statistics seem to disagree with my world view
>I know, instead of looking inward to figure out why my beliefs clash so hard with reality, I'll tell him to kill himself!
Good one.
>>
>>15394056
Shut up faggot. This is /m/. You aren't allowed to disagree with our hivemind.

See, we're all about being contrarian here. You thought SEED Destiny, the 4th-most-popular Gundam show was okay. This means you're a fucking retard. You have to think anything that's well-liked is shit here. Liked Zeta, SEED, 00, IBO? Fuck off. Disliked Turn A, G-Reco, GBF? Fuck off!
>>
>>15392944
>I never watched unicorn
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.