[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So with this dude casting asunder the notion of underdogs being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Rustal_Elion_(1).jpg (40KB, 692x389px) Image search: [Google]
Rustal_Elion_(1).jpg
40KB, 692x389px
So with this dude casting asunder the notion of underdogs being able to come out on top, does that retroactively make all capeshit, super robots, and Star Wars wrong? Does this mean Rossiu was right and Kamina and Simon lead humanity to their deaths by trying to go against the natural order of things? Should I drop toku because it doesn't end with the heroes all dying pointless deaths?

I know he's not a bad guy /m/. But I still feel like realistically life isn't all row row fight the power, so I should just lay down and accept it.
>>
>>15389013
In a word: Yes.
>>
File: Hoperidesalone.jpg (7KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
Hoperidesalone.jpg
7KB, 237x213px
>>15389029
Thought so. I'm just gonna throw out all of my toys and throw my cat in the trash. Nothing matters anyway, so who's gonna complain?
>>
File: Terrorists.jpg (41KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Terrorists.jpg
41KB, 400x300px
There there OP. This isn't the first time the so-called protagonists turned out to be villains that needed to be destroyed for the greater good.
>>
He's going to die in the movie, so it's not like it matters.
>>
>>15389013
>villains who sided with the evil GOD chosen by Gundam Bael and the Spirit of AGNIKA KAIERU
>underdogs

Elion was the underdog here. He defeated the chosen king and his dragons.
>>
>>15389013
>I know he's not a bad guy
Except he is.
>>
>>15389013
It's more along the meta assumption that if you're going to have underdog protagonists, they had better have likable characters and good reasons for upsetting the status quo and killing lots of people who are doing their jobs to stop them.

Star Wars had a literal evil empire which was very demonstratably evil right down to the evil Emperor with evil space magic.

IBO just had a bunch of otherwise innocent third-world laborers who joined a violent separatist movement and didn't get any better as people from there but kept fighting (and killing) anyways.
>>
>>15389487
>Elion was the underdog here
>Dainsleifs OHKO everything

I know you're shitposting, but c'mon man. You can't fool me with a contradiction that blatant.
>>
If the series had actually WELL WRITTEN dialogues, scenes, interactions between characters and I know I sound crazy, GOOD ANIMATION IN AN ANIME it could have been the best Gundam series with that premise.

A Beasts of No Nations with robots, the kind of War is Hell message Gundam needed since the last good entry came out(CCA) that could set it apart from all other "real" robot shows where a group of underdogs wins because it has to, by showing us why they're wrong or at least foolish to try that shit.
The problem is that they completely fucked up the pacing between two seasons, had Tekkadan becoming not!Char lapdogs for intricate reason just to set them on their obvious downfall and the character never being that engaging to begin with.
>>
>>15389013
Why would you think a cartoon designed to sell toys tells nothing but universal truths?

Underdogs can win, and underdogs can lose, but quite frankly, if underdogs won all the time they wouldn't be called underdogs.
>>
>>15389120
>and throw my cat in the trash
Why would you do something so horrible? Even in a shit world no cat deserves that.
>>
>>15389013
>Getter and Mazinger
>Underdog
>>
>>15389542
>A Beasts of No Nations with robots, the kind of War is Hell message Gundam needed since the last good entry came out(CCA) that could set it apart from all other "real" robot shows where a group of underdogs wins because it has to, by showing us why they're wrong or at least foolish to try that shit.
You're a fucking idiot. Even forgetting the fact that the antagonist used WMD to carry out his plan and succeeded completely undermines any hope of a war is hell message they had already shot themselves in the foot.
>>
>>15389013
Considering that it is not the first thing to follow that notion, nor will it be the last, I would say no.

>>15389808
?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.