[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Major Mira Killian doesn’t remember who she was before.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 24

File: ghost-in-the-shell-cast-leaked-1.jpg (230KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-in-the-shell-cast-leaked-1.jpg
230KB, 1024x683px
>Major Mira Killian doesn’t remember who she was before. Now the character played by Scarlett Johansson is living inside a different kind of body about to start a different kind of life

>After evil machinations brand her as a dangerous threat and make her go off-grid, Mira Killian eventually finds out that she used to be a runaway named Motoko Kusanagi.

I saved you $15
>>
>>15379693
>hojannson
>>
I bought the DVD from Manga Entertainment and the manga from Dark Horse, so I spent like 40 bucks!

This remake looks really bad though, the intrigue/mystery angle tacked on seems dumb.
>>
File: 1344535102110.jpg (25KB, 279x283px) Image search: [Google]
1344535102110.jpg
25KB, 279x283px
>section 9 is an evil corporation
>>
Does she also storm the OCP boardroom at the end and shoot the CEO out of the window?

>Nice shooting, sis. What's your name?
>Motoko
>>
So it's a muh amnesia plot? I was never gonna watch it anyways.
>>
>>15379731
The reviews so far don't see to suggest that it's bad. More that it's just forgettable. And, more importantly, doesn't live up to the reputation of its source material.
>>
>>15379756
Damn, are most people this bad at paying attention?
Or did the movie stop it's expositional pounding at that point exactly and you missed it?
It was under the government but the bitch was a leased weapon to it, working on a case that deeply involved le ebil corboration.
>>
>>15379693
Am I the only one that thinks Scarlett Johansson is a tad overrated?
>>
>>15379693
left, a obese
>>
>>15379956

A-beast. Sexy beast. Movie still bad though.
>>
>>15379788
>More that it's just forgettable. And, more importantly, doesn't live up to the reputation of its source material.

As expected.
>>
>>15379956
she made the movie after squeezing out a kid
>>
>>15379951
Not at all.
>>
>>15379788
>And, more importantly, doesn't live up to the reputation of its source material.

lol dude the source material doesn't live up to the reputation of the source material
>>
File: d439lbpb8piy.jpg (96KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
d439lbpb8piy.jpg
96KB, 1242x2208px
I just saw it. I thought it was good. The plot was dumbed down but it was a fun movie.
>>
>>15380221
>1242x2208
For what purpose?
>>
>>15379956
>said the virgin
>>
>>15379775
>it's another plot where they toy with motoko's memories

basically the first Arise movie.
>>
all Shell, no Ghost

all the WETA stuff was nice
the CG stuff was shit
>>
Everyone keeps saying the visual effects look spectacular but everything I've seen from the trailers suggest it's the usual flat/gimmicky 3D you find in modern capeshit.

Call me old fashioned but I just don't see how you could pull off cyberpunk without going full (or at least majority) practical effects, sets and animatronics.
>>
>>15379773

I'd buy that for a dollar
>>
File: robocopintheshell.jpg (453KB, 750x562px) Image search: [Google]
robocopintheshell.jpg
453KB, 750x562px
>>15379773
>>
>>15380249

Roasties arent /m/, robots are though.
>>
>>15381365
Well go watch the movie already, If you don't trust the judgement of your fellow anons.
>>
Live action is no substitute for the real anime.
Let's face one basic fact. Action in an anime just looks cool, when done in live action it looks pretty damn silly.
>>
>>15381555
"My friends call me Motoko, but you can call me Major Here."
>>
File: photo_2017-04-02_11-23-16.jpg (176KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-04-02_11-23-16.jpg
176KB, 960x1280px
>>15381555
They've got one tech designer, after all.
>>
>>15384649
That feels so tacticool American
>>
>>15384649
Did someone sit on it?
>>
>>15379951
A tad? I'm not sure her repertoire goes beyond "Look bored".
>>
>>15384649
holy shit this is ugly as fuck, at least the designs in SAC and the original movie stay consistent with each other.
>>
>>15379951
No mate. I don't mind the whitewashing so much than that it's fucking ScarJo again.
Kristen Stewart get a lot of flak for being stony face yet she got off free, granted in GitS it's kinda fitting since she's a playing a robot.
Her best performance I think is in The Prestige, she actually smile in that one.
>>
>>15379693
>$15
What? I live in America and pretty much all movies at my local theater are 7.50$
This some Worst Coast shit?
>>
>>15384659
>>15384947
>hating on the Shagohod
It's so obviously ripped from Metal Gear lads. Stop virtue signalling for Wapanese Points. You can't spend them anywhere
>>
>>15384649
>>
>>15384649
naw they had more than 1 lol.
this design was vitaly bulgarov I think, maciej kuchiera did a LOT of other stuff tho
>>15386583
pretty sure this is also a vitaly bulgarov design, he did other robocop stuff too
>>
>>15386662
>everything is turning into aaron beck/copies and bulgarov/copies
>>
>>15384649
It looks MUCH better in the actual film.
>>
>>15381326

Blame Adam SJWavage

Jamie was the brains beneath the Mi9 effects
>>
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that the reason they casted scarjo instead of a Japanese actress is because of the Chinese market.
>>
>>15384649
Metal... Gear?
>>
>>15387476
If they wanted China so bad they could've made it there. Hong Kong has a long history of action flicks.
>>
File: d0014374_575f4d36c4d24.jpg (58KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
d0014374_575f4d36c4d24.jpg
58KB, 780x520px
>>15388662
They did do location shooting in Hong Kong.
>>
>>15379693

>tfw when it is a meta-story of Hollywood's treatment of GiTS
>>
>>15379951
>tad overrated
nigga she does nothing but star in action flicks
yet some people think she's an amazing actress unironically
>>
>>15385254

Being butthurt will not make people like your shitty design.
>>
File: 1490565857015.png (23KB, 623x608px) Image search: [Google]
1490565857015.png
23KB, 623x608px
>>15379693
Don't forget
>tons of exposition being vomited through dialogue instead of shown on-screen
>this is justice
>aramaki proceeds to shoot a defenseless man
>the Major was a barbie instead of a badass
Scarlett was cute at least. She looked kissable in every frame.
>>
>>15389217

>Scarlett was cute at least. She looked kissable in every frame.
Get off the internet grandpa.
>>
>>15379693

Thank you Anon. Figured with Hollywood they'd go way off from the real plot.
>>
Why'd they have to copy so many scenes from the original, but not even got them well. Batou's eyes were cool though.
>>
Also, didn't even have any tachikomas.
>>
File: GITSbombs.jpg (93KB, 1076x315px) Image search: [Google]
GITSbombs.jpg
93KB, 1076x315px
http://variety.com/2017/film/box-office/box-office-boss-baby-ghost-in-the-shell-beauty-and-the-beast-1202020980/

>Paramount has gone through a punishing run at the box office, enduring costly flops such as “Allied” and “Ben-Hur,” while going through a series of executive shakeups that resulted in the ousters of chairman Brad Grey and vice-chairman Rob Moore. It has a newly named studio chief in Jim Gianopulos, the former head of Fox’s film division, whose task it will be to bring more creative stability to the company.

>“Ghost in the Shell’s” rollout was nearly subsumed by controversy over its casting and accusations that by tapping Johansson the film had engaged in “whitewashing.” It was cited as exhibit A in a larger, industry-wide debate about studios’ habits of employing white actors in Asian roles. The furor surrounding the casting found its way into many of the negative notices that the picture received, and was the subject of several critical thinkpieces.

>“It was a small, but vocal group,” said Megan Colligan, Paramount’s marketing and distribution head. “It had some impact, but it was more of the impact overall on reviews. I think people are becoming more vocal on these types of issues. I haven’t worked on many large-scale action movies that have a female lead, so I wish it had been embraced more.”

>>15389906
It didn't have them because Oshii's film didn't have Fuchikomas (since Tachikomas hadn't been invented yet.)
>>
>>15390049
Oof. I read another article that said GiTS had been doing okay, but I guess not. Well, I didn't expect it to do very well, a lot of other anons and /m/en pointed out that the movie didn't even seem aggressively bad, just very forgettable. I do wonder how it'll do in foreign markets, though.
>>
>>15390049
Hey should have just made it a straight up remake of the film, adapted something else, or just come up with an original story (though that probably would have turned out even worse).

Also, didn't make any sense for every one but Aramaki speaking English. Didn't Saito have a larger role originally? Just showed up to shoot the helicopter.
>>
>>15390049
In a way I'm actually a bit sad at it bombing; not because I think the film deserved to do better, but because I know the lesson they'll take from is isn't that 'Don't adapt an anime film in a way that annoys what are supposed to be your core demographic of 14 to 30 year old nerds' but that 'cyberpunk action films don't sell well'. Also that it could have been done so much better.
>>
Related to the question of how much impact the "whitewashing" controversy had on this movie, did Ender's Game really bomb because of the campaign to boycott it over Orson Scott Card's homophobia?

<- ob. mecha
>>
>>15386662
don't forget ash thorp's amazing scenery concept design
>>
>>15379693

I really don't get how people think it's whitewashing when she's not even white to begin with. Scarlett is playing into another one of her typecasts: Being Robotic. This case, she's literally the goddamn shell .
>>
>>15379918
Ya know, aside from Aramaki's line that he only answers to the Prime Minister directly, there really isn't much to point to Section 9 as a government agency and I can see how fucksticks, especially fucksticks who have no familiarity with the source could get confused.
That is of course, another fault of the movie's for not making it clear.
>>
>>15390276
I don't remember much hoopla about a boycott. Ender's Game just turned out to be a middle-of-the-road movie but a terrible adaptation of the book.
There was some stupid PC bullshit about not saying "buggers."
>>
>>15379731
It's more of a self contained story that had little to do with anything that came before it.

Mainly like how SAC didn't really have anything to do with the 95 movie.

For what it's worth, I liked this movie. Just wished the other characters had more screen time.
>>
>>15390432
I was surprised by how good of an adaptation of the book it was. Before the movie came out, I thought there was no way a film adaptation would include the Giant Killer game or Ender being remorseful over killing the Queen. Besides, it was one of Harrison Ford's best performances since Blade Runner.
>>
>>15390458
>Batou has eyes for the first third of the movie
>no real focus on Togusa except he's the weird guy with no cybernetics
>Saito shows up out of nowhere to shoot the helicopter
>Major has some weird name
>2571
>Everyone but Aramaki speaks English for some reason
>Every other scene is just lifted from the movie, the rest are dumb things they came up with on their own
>>
>>15390528
>Batou has eyes for the first third of the movie
You mean first two thirds.
But other than that, he looked good, and they had his character down pretty good.
>no real focus on Togusa except he's the weird guy with no cybernetics
At least they remembered his mullet.
>Saito shows up out of nowhere to shoot the helicopter
I was disappointed with the lack of Saito, but that was pretty cool.
>Major has some weird name
I wouldn't have minded the Mira Killian and the TWEEST at the end if they didn't have her treat "Major" like her name. In the beginning she says "This is Major..." and at the end, talking to Aramaki she says "My name is Major, I give my consent" This is one I'm pretty sure was supposed to have her say "My name is Major Motoko Kusanagi..." but cut it in post because they wanted the grave to be the big reveal of her full name.
>2571
I was more annoyed that they made his name Kuze.
>Everyone but Aramaki speaks English for some reason
I liked Aramaki speaking Jap, but I wish they had contained his subtitles to the bottom of the screen rather than floating all over the place.
>Every other scene is just lifted from the movie, the rest are dumb things they came up with on their own
Yeah, even the stuff they lifted from the original movie felt so hollow and bland. Partly because Johansen just couldn't sell her portrayal.
>>
>>15390049
>"whitewashing."
Most people just thought she didn't have the body for a robot, though their original pick, the chick who played Harley Quinn, wouldn't have had the same complaints.
>>15390247
>but that 'cyberpunk action films don't sell well"...
Don't worry, Blade Runner sequel will set things straight.
>>15390049
>It didn't have them because Oshii's film didn't have Fuchikomas (since Tachikomas hadn't been invented yet.)
Though they kept the tank in the end which was like a spec ops version of the tachikoma for another section in the manga.
>>
>>15390573
Yeah, I agree with Batou. Other than the eyes he seemed pretty good. I just don't understand why they couldn't just give him the implants from the beginning.

I don't remember for sure, but wasn't the trash collectors scene different in the original?
>>
>I would never attempt to play a person of a different race, obviously. Hopefully, any question that comes up of my casting will be answered by audiences when they see the film.
>scarjo
>>
>>15390528
>>Batou has eyes for the first third of the movie

This was good though. Sure it was adding an origin story to something that never had or needed one before but the important part was that it was good.

The Major being the only person there for him when he was cyberized, his attitude towards it, etc.
>>
>>15391059
I see what you mean, but like you said, no one ever needed an origin for why he didn't have eyes, it was supposed to show you how permeated cybernetics were.
>>
>>15390605
in the original, the trash guys were going around placing hacking device at communication terminals a long their route. In this movie, it's just a homage. Personally there were too many of these throwbacks to memorable scenes from the original. The movie would have benefited from more world building and original scenes. But, hey, it's Hollywood, why take a chance at something new? Especially since it seemed to flop it's opening weekend.
>>
>>15391181
Yeah, I remember now. One guy was suspected of being the Puppet Master, but he was really just another puppet.
>>
>>15379693
Why is Scarlet so fat now?
>>
File: gits088.jpg (333KB, 614x937px) Image search: [Google]
gits088.jpg
333KB, 614x937px
>>15391181
The trash collector guy scene in the anime was itself a homage that was highly altered from the original it was based on
>>
>>15391195
women have more fat in their bodies than men
>>
I just got back from watching this in 3D. It was bad. It was very bad, and everyone involved should feel bad about themselves. ScarJo, for reasons only God knows, decided that for the entire film she was going to walk hunchback and waddle like a penguin. Then there was the "every line we must say ghost and shell so people know why it's called Ghost in the Shell."
>>
>>15391493
Which is worse, this or 2.0?
>>
>>15391291
The sky is blue too.
>>
>>15391529
I would say this was, because it's generally a bad film with or without the GitS name.
>>
>>15391493

>OP says movie is bad
>goes to watch it anyways

no sympathy for you
>>
>>15379693
>Mira Killian
>used to be a runaway named Motoko Kusanagi.
>>
>>15379731
they found the script in the basement.
>>
>>15380231
phone poster
>>
>>15391600
Isn't there speculation in the comics that Motoko isn't even her real name and she was a he before?
>>
should just let oshii direct it.
>>
>>15391629
There's heavy implication that it's just an alias, nothing really to imply she was a he, though def bi (lez orgy + bf later).
>>
>>15391629
Motoko is a fake name in every continuity except live action

With gender they implied it might be ambiguous in SAC 2nd Gig, before revealing that she genuinely was a human girl before she got a cyborg body.
>>
>>15379731
>the manga from Dark Horse
Enjoy your completely removed pages.
>>
>>15388662
mfw when they did and they also filmed at the same cemetery where my grandma is resting in.
>>
>>15391561
I didn't see the thread before watching it (not that I went in thinking it would be decent). In any case, I saw the film so that I could criticize it, and no one use the argument, "you didn't watch it".
>>
>>15379951
Anti-semite please
>>
>>15391629
Kusanagi is the Japanese version of excalibur. The assumption being the name is made up.
>>
>>15390577
>Most people just thought she didn't have the body for a robot
Have you been living under a rock or are you just willfully ignorant
>>
>>15391657
>Enjoy your completely removed pages.
You can find the crucial lesbian orgy scene for free online
>>
>>15391657
Dark Horse didn't censor their version. It was the later release by Hodansha that added bathing suits in the long shot and completely cut the orgy page.
>>
>>15393174
Er, meant Kodansha. Not Ho.
>>
>>15379951
no.

She isn't even that hot either.
>>
>>15393180
Nah, they censor manga, it's okay to call them a ho.
>>
>>15393174
>Dark Horse didn't censor their version
first version they absolutely did censor
>>
File: 1476806695830.jpg (120KB, 634x840px) Image search: [Google]
1476806695830.jpg
120KB, 634x840px
>>
>>15379693
I've got the feeling that this movie is so bad it's not even be worth watching it on a random night on the cable, let alone download it. Spending even 10 cents on this would be outrageous.
Also, if that's the kind of story they wanted to tell, why the fuck didn't they adapt Cobra?
>>
>>15387476

No. Storyline aside, ScarJo is a known famous western actress. The American studio financing it wanted a famous western actress that could draw in western audiences who know nothing about Ghost in the Shell.

That's it. There's no deeper ethnicity agenda.
>>
>>15397392
Then why was their first choice a pre-suicide squad robbie margo?
>>
>>15397576

Not sure what you are implying.

Western Studios always have a short list of actresses they would be happy with for major roles in films all the time. If one doesn't work out, you move on to the next person on the list.
>>
>tfw no movie about OG major
>>
If anyone with half a brain saw the movie, they would have noticed that half of major's team is asian. Yet, no one is complaining that they changed Ishikawa and Boma (two people with very specific Japanese backgrounds in the show) to two Black dudes. You hypocritical wankers. The whitewashing argument is a joke to me. Anyone who brings it up is automatically a fool to me.

The problems of this movie wasn't the nonsense ethnicity garbage the media wants you to believe. It was that it had severe pacing problems, and needed to add focus on other members of the team. We didn't need 3/4ths of the movie with major questioning her existence, and then slamming in the other characters in the final 1/4th with quick cameos. They should have sprinkled moments for other characters throughout the entire movie.

For example, Saito the sniper was badass even though he was only in the movie for 20 seconds.
>>
>>15398064

>>/pol/
>>
>>15397597
She wasn't "well known western actress" when she was offered the part, that's all. She became that with the movie she did instead, suicide squad.
>>
Loved the guy that played Batou and the guy that played Togusa seemed dope but was only in the movie for a short while.
>>
>>15398119

No she became well known with The Wolf of Wallstreet. Everee one knows that. Wut u smokin dude.
>>
>>15398119
That raised her profile, but she was a hot up and comer before that
>>
>>15398321
Oh boy, now your gonna try pivoting the definition of "well-known" to "known". They literally approached her Immediately after Wolf of Wallstreet, so all the parts she did between it and Suicide Squad wouldn't count.
So, back to the actual original point, you aren't a "well-known western actress" if you're literally only "known" for 1 thing.
>>
>it's a "robot cartoon fan pretends to know about Hollywood popularity" episode
>>
>>15398378

Someone else corrected you. I am not the anon you originally addressed. But I'm not going to debate semantics with you. Your personal definition of "well-known" is not a factor. Margot Robbie had their attention, and the attention of many men worldwide. The studios and executives in-charge deemed her worthy enough to talk to her about the Ghost in the Shell role. That's all that matters.
>>
File: 989.jpg (21KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
989.jpg
21KB, 400x398px
>>15398378

lulz this guy

your inner smugness is showing
>>
File: MargotRobbie@ICU-2-CMA_2.jpg (29KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
MargotRobbie@ICU-2-CMA_2.jpg
29KB, 720x400px
I think Margot Robbie might have looked better as the Major than Scarlett does.
>>
>>15398910
Nice "samefag" falseflagging. Too bad the other guy has to actually imply two anons are the same first.

The original post that we're all commenting about:
>No. Storyline aside, ScarJo is a known famous western actress. The American studio financing it wanted a famous western actress that could draw in western audiences who know nothing about Ghost in the Shell.
>That's it. There's no deeper ethnicity agenda.

The new re-imagining of the statement:
>Your personal definition of "well-known" is not a factor. Margot Robbie had their attention, and the attention of many men worldwide. The studios and executives in-charge deemed her worthy enough to talk to her about the Ghost in the Shell role. That's all that matters.

Two completely different sentiments, unless:
>it's not cuz she's white! it's cuz they wanted a well-known western actress!
Is the same as:
>hur hur, they wanted a western actress "well-known" on /b/ fap threads. dat's was the whole point n all that matters!
>>
File: project 25robbie.jpg (51KB, 736x386px) Image search: [Google]
project 25robbie.jpg
51KB, 736x386px
this now a margot robbie thread
>>
File: wilswquad.jpg (86KB, 750x906px) Image search: [Google]
wilswquad.jpg
86KB, 750x906px
>>
>>15399039
Not to mention that they approached her months after winning the first award in her career. For "newcomer", so it doesn't seem like they were going for "famous" "well-known", they were going for "hollywood" "barbie" type that could act, but had to settle for ScarJo.
>>
>>15398378

either that speaks volumes of how good robbie is....or how shitty ghost in the shell is. you pick dude
>>
>>
>>15399084
Robbie would've been perfect. I know she could've done robot as easily as psycho.
>>
>>15397576

Probably because margot Robbie is younger than Scarlet Johanson. If they want sequels for ghost in shell universe then scarlet will be over 40. She no longer look like major. she aged out. Robbie last longer and is fresher
>>
>>15399108
Nah, I think it's because they WANTED a perfect barbie-type, but.... had to settle for ScarJo.
....I think that other guy thought I was trying to say he was racist when I was just trying to say ScarJo was.. not really what they wanted in the first place.
>>
File: stand alone complex margot.jpg (224KB, 570x859px) Image search: [Google]
stand alone complex margot.jpg
224KB, 570x859px
She could do the tv show version of the major. I can see it.
>>
THIS ENTIRE FILM IS JUST A BIG METAPHOR ABOUT RAPE AMD WHITEWASHING WTF
It'd be one of the better Scarjo movies if it wasn't named "Ghost in the Shell" but why the FUCK did they change the plot to accommodate the plebs bitching about whitewashing even though they haven't even seen SaC
It's obvious as hell this was originally gonna be a straight adaption of Oshii's movie, then they must have rewrote the script after Scarjo got cast and people whined.
At least, I HOPE this script wasn't their original plan, because it's so far from the themes of GitS it almost feels like an intentional snub of Shirow.
And what's fucked up it it would actually be a decent enough 6 or 7/10 movie if it wasn't an adaption of something. Fuck, there was enough "original" ideas in this they couldve made a better film about rape analogies and whitewashing without the GitS baggage.
They shoulshouldve either actually adapted a GitS story arc or just done their own thing completely without an anime license. This half-step combo is what fucked everything up
>>
>>15399333
There were rumors during the blacklash that they rewrote or redid something to accommodate, bit none of the articles were specific about the extent or lack thereof.
>>
>>15379693
The dumbest thing about this is that they tried to appeal to fans by using her original, "obviously an alias since it's clearly made-up and based on old Japanese folk stories," name.
>>
>>15399348
It just feels too heavy handed. Maybe that ironic when we're talking about an Anime adaption
>>
>>15392980
He has to be ignorant. The moment the lead actress was announced years ago there was an outcry and debates all around.
>>
>>15385237
depends on theater, the one we go to is 12.50 but they offer pretty much a personal heated recliner/sofa and small theater sizes compared to screen size just to keep problems to a minimum.
>>
>>15390296
the major has more personality then she does.
>>
>>15398951
>>15399166
I can kind of see it, and now I'm sad. It wouldn't have made the movie better, but it would have been more enjoyable than seeing Johansson typecast again.
>>
>>15399817
The sad thing is it seems like she would've been able to schedule both Harley Quinn and the Major.
>>
>>15396854
I swear I've seen the logo on that bikini before...
>>
>>15379693
I guess I should be glad the Hollywood Neuromancer project never took off.
>>
>>15399704
See, I don't need that. All I need is a chair comfy enough to sit in for three hours and a cupholder.
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>15402376
Would Chris Cunningham have been a better director for GITS?
>>
>>15402376
Didn't they do Jimmy Mnemonic, with Keanu Reeves? I think that was pretty mediocre.
>>
>>15403031
*Johnny Mnemonic, sorry.
>>
File: dolphin-in-johnny-mnemonic.jpg (71KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin-in-johnny-mnemonic.jpg
71KB, 450x300px
>>15403031
I thought it was fun. Nothing life changing, but it was a decent romp through a bunch of cyberpunk crap.
I've been told by people I've known who are better-read than I that it's a lot of little bits of Gibson stuff that he threw together into a movie, vaguely similar to how the Akira movie worked.
>>
>>15403071
No, it's not, dude. Johnny Mnemonic was short story, so they basically made up a bunch of bullshit to make it "feature length", yet still guttied a bunch of shit out of it somehow.
>>
>>15403275
I can believe that.
>>
>>15403279
There is a japanese version that's an unofficial "director's cut", it's supposed to be a lot better and closer to what the writers (including Gibson) wanted. Unfortunately, that's not a version I've seen.
>>
File: large-screenshot2.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large-screenshot2.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>15403337
sounds interesting
reminds me of the legends I vaguely recall of a Japanese version of Superman IV where it was rearranged so the middle was the end or something and it somehow made IV less of a mess but still pretty goofy and bad, or Japan got the original version and they rearranged it before US distribution because studios

and really if there's any media that should be consumed as English with Japanese translations it's cyberpunk media
>>
File: jm for sale.png (19KB, 530x114px) Image search: [Google]
jm for sale.png
19KB, 530x114px
so far I've found this, claiming a 1:36 runtime, but google says it's 1:47 so I dunno
wiki has a detailed writeup of the moonversion so signs point to it being real

piratebay has a couple of extended/Japanese cuts so I guess this is a thing

if I can get a copy I'll mega it or something so it can keep existing but at 10b/s oh wait 0b/s

yeah I'll see what I can find, but I never bothered to learn how the secret Japanese piracy jutsus
>>
>>15403403
Strange, I guess there's an uncut and cut japanese versions of the movie.
Guess it's not so bad, the cited source on the wiki (the movie-censorship.com one) seems relatively detailed.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.