[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got a Nintendo DS flashcart. What are some good mecha games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Nintendo-DS-Lite-Black-Open.png (32KB, 250x211px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-DS-Lite-Black-Open.png
32KB, 250x211px
Just got a Nintendo DS flashcart. What are some good mecha games for the system that are playable without knowledge of Japanese? I have Bangai-O Spirits and all the Super Robot Wars entries. Thanks for your help.
>>
>>15379162
Megaman zx
>>
Bangai-O Spirits and all the Super Robot Wars entries.
>>
>>15379162
Custom Robo Arena, which is fully localized in English.
>>
>>15379162
>I have Bangai-O Spirits
Aw yeah. Bangai-O, GO!

Mega Man Zero collection if you haven't played 'em, Mega Man ZX, ZX Advent and try the Starforces because piracy is free.

Infinite Space, gameplay's really simple but the story's fantastic. And minmaxing your space pirate battleships by shuffling modules around is always pleasing.

I guess there's Contact, in which you guide a young boy as he helps an alien genius repower his crashed space ship.

Non-/m/ suggestion: Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is really fun.
>>
>>15379188
>Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Fuck that game, it dumbed down tactics advance way too hard and the law system somehow became both more invasive but also more pointless. It also removed a lot of strategy and variety among classes because every class could just kinda do everything.

Sage for not /m/
>>
>>15379162
Aside from the already mentioned games. Front Mission DS, Henry Hatsworth, Infinite Space, Nanostray 2 and Solatorobo
>>
Magical Starsign has some pretty /m/ parts if you like RPGs
>>
Moon
a metroidesque shooter with moon and ancient alien tech setting
f-24
if you want a not top gun snes port donutsteel
jet impulse
if you want a not aerofighters assault game , this is for you , although the planes are al made up ( some are comically mismatched wings and bodys from current fighters)
>>
File: MechAssault_DSBOX-2006_RP.jpg (649KB, 1542x1377px) Image search: [Google]
MechAssault_DSBOX-2006_RP.jpg
649KB, 1542x1377px
>>15379162
mechassault
>>
>>15379162
Digimon games are on there. There's easily a full mecha party option if you want it, and the whole setting is a digital world. Only tangentially /m/ but if you want to play it they're fun RPG games.
>>
>>15379380
>f-24
>if you want a not top gun snes port donutsteel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI0QtVi1PBo
The BGM is trying so hard and failing so hard not to sound like Danger Zone, it's kind of adorable.
>>
Dark Void Zero and Metal Slug 7.
>>
>>15379394
I second this. It plays basically exactly like the MechAssault games on Xbox, however there are hacking portions which get kind of annoying because they take you out of the action.
>>
>>15379243
How is this not /m/? He's asking for /m/ games
>>
>>15379720
The game I was responding about Is not /m/ which is why I saged. The thread as a whole is perfectly fine.
>>
Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight was a surprisingly ok game. Although you had to hold the DS sideways for some ungodly reason.
>>
>>15379793
I didn't even know it got its own game.
>>
>>15379162
Chou Soujuu Mecha MG is one of the greatest mecha games ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoV1B_6Iozg
>>
SRW W and SRW K are translated in Chinese
>>
>>15379611
i know , right? what makes me mad is that the snes version had a decent pilot sprite , this one is lazy as fuck
>>
Grab a GBA emulator and play Z.O.E Fist of Mars, Astro Boy Omega Factor, and Gunstar Super Heroes.
>>
Great recs, guys. Any Japanese only games that are still playable? This Zekkyou Senshi Sakebrain game looks cute, but maybe inaccessible because of the mic usage?
>>
File: Megaman.Starforce.3.full.255327.jpg (187KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman.Starforce.3.full.255327.jpg
187KB, 1024x768px
>>15379162
Starforce if you want cyber kamen rider in space.
>>
G Generation DS.
And also Cross Drive.
>>
Does Advance Wars count as /m/ ?
>>
File: suzuka_comp.gif (1018KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
suzuka_comp.gif
1018KB, 256x192px
>>15379162

SRW Infinite Frontier for princess bootyshake and her dakkabot.
>>
File: Neotanks.gif (10KB, 128x160px) Image search: [Google]
Neotanks.gif
10KB, 128x160px
>>15381975
It's got neotanks and other unconventional vehicles so I'd say so. Man there's a Nintendo IP I wish wasn't dead. Dual strike was such an amazing game, and even the grim dark revision was alright.

My brother was such a cheap piece of shit and always picked Kanbei and steamrolled my ass
>>
>>15382554
MEESTA GHOSTO
>>
>>15379802
From what I've seen, it looks like a port of an old Ryuki PS1 game
>>
>no mention of Metroid Prime Hunters
For shame, /m/. If you can get some buddies together the multiplayer is GoldenEye-tier. Also since you can make robots in it I'm going to slip in a Scribblenauts recommendation.
>>
I finally got around to playing Custom Robo DS after only playing the Gamecube one way back when it came out. I didn't expect the story to be so close to Build Fighters.
>>
Front Mission DS
Drill Dozer
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.