[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to /m/echa and I'm looking for some good things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: 1470357964110.png (2MB, 1600x850px) Image search: [Google]
1470357964110.png
2MB, 1600x850px
I'm new to /m/echa and I'm looking for some good things to watch. My only requests are something that:
isn't gorey
The MC Doesn't die in the end

Please help
>>
File: 1436662960227.jpg (2MB, 1648x5950px) Image search: [Google]
1436662960227.jpg
2MB, 1648x5950px
>>
tekkaman blade
>>
>>15377704
>isn't gorey
>The MC Doesn't die in the end
You are but a wee bab if you don't like either of those things in your mecha.

That aside, what kinds of things do you like in anime. Mecha is very diverse so we need a bit more knowledge about what you like. Story elements, themes, cliches, genre types, anything you specifically enjoy in a show. Saying "recommend me mecha" is as nebulous as "recommend me anime".
>>
>>15377892
Action, romance and happy endings mostly.
I just don't like really upsetting violence.
though.
>>
Gundam 0080
>>
>>15378130
Daiguard. If you want another comfy show that's pretty laid back then patlabor. I don't remember it too well since I saw it like 15 years ago, but Escaflowne might be right up your alley. It's a really great shoujo mecha series, one of the only shoujo mecha, but I don't remember too many details. I'm pretty sure it had a happy ending and the action isn't gory but don't quote me on it.
>>
>>15378140
>>15378153
Thank you friends The only two mecha I've watched are Shin Mazinger Z and Mazinkaiser SKL
>>
>>15377704
Which Titan's Gundam is that? Mark III?
>>
>>15378155
If you enjoyed those watch Mazinkaiser, it's fun and pretty lighthearted very similar to the original Mazinger manga and show.

I can see now why you want to take a break from bad ends and gore.

When you don't mind some gore again check out Getter Robo, it's my personal favorite. Not all mecha have bleeding robots, that's more a trademark of Nagai and those inspired by him like Ishikawa.
>>
>>15378204
it's not bleeding robots that bother me, it's gored up and maimed people.
>>
>>15378563
Okay then never mind Getter. The rest should of my recommendations should be fine.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-02-20h34m21s545.png (2MB, 1440x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-02-20h34m21s545.png
2MB, 1440x1090px
>>15378153
I've rewatched Escaflowne recently, there are some deaths here and there, mostly of the guy catching the sharp end of a stick to the chest variety, some bodies lying here and there for a good measure, a non graphical albeit very dramatical case of being crushed alive and some blood without visible wounds or physical damage, a little bit of dragon guts, but there's a very noticable lack of living beings acting as pinatas or otherwise having their bodies forcibly rearranged on screen by second or third parties.

The fights are really great, the music beautiful, there's some really interesting magitek fuckery and the guymelef designs haven't aged one bit (this show has some of the best looking mook mecha I've ever seen). Be sure to watch the movie too, the sound of Esca's bone armor grinding during movement is delicious.

Oh, and plot is fine too. With a bunch of likable character that refuse to die.

It's a fun ride. Probably better if you're a grill though.
>>
File: genocyber-51.jpg (76KB, 1621x1038px) Image search: [Google]
genocyber-51.jpg
76KB, 1621x1038px
>>15377704
Hmm, how about some OVAs?

I personally recommend Roots Search, Iczer-1, Genocyber, MD Geist, and Seijuki Cyguard.
>>
>>15377735
Lulu dies at the end though or does he?
>>
File: Wait That's Stupid.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Wait That's Stupid.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>15377704
If you're in the mood for something comedic, try Gyrozetter. It's about kids driving cars that transform into robots, it's great.
>>
File: ab23e5b3.png (225KB, 557x381px) Image search: [Google]
ab23e5b3.png
225KB, 557x381px
BIG O MOTHERFUCKER. Not necessarily the happiest series, since it's a neo noir, but it's really fucking heavy on the action and adventure and has one of the most goddamn rad giant robots you will ever encounter. Amazing soundtrack too.
>>
File: one, two, three, four.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
one, two, three, four.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>15377704
Try Martian Successor Nadesico, it's one of my personal favorites.

A tasty mix of highschool romance waifu harem, jolly spaceship trek shenanigans, surprisingly realistic take on human nature and realifying super robots. The characters are fine, there's a sense of camarederie in the crew and varied cast makes it easy to find someone to identify with and nod with undertanding as you see them face their hardships.

The movie seems to spoil the series for some people, though.

>>15378153
>>15379169
>>15377870
>>15378140
These are all great.
>>
>>15379203
You just reminded me that Irresponsible Captain Tyler would be right up OPs alley.

Gun X Sword also would be a good choice although it does show more than one person get shot the fuck up. It's not excessively gory but there is a notable amount of blood.
>>
Roujin-Z
Seconding Dai-Guard
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.