[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GHOST IN THE SHELL (live) thread I'm surprised there isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 33

GHOST IN THE SHELL (live) thread

I'm surprised there isn't one already and you aren't all raging/in denial about it.
Cause myself, I just saw the movie.

I'll give them this : The source material was too rich and complex for them to truthfully adapt the themes (they only had 2 hours), yet this is a carnival of reference. I'll let you decide where homage start, where filling thread and where copy end.
Also, it isn't anywhere close to be as sexualized as a Shirow Masamune work, or most anime, so we can't reproach them that.

Do not expect to see the Major Motoko Kusanagi in this, she isn't "in". I expect the tomb with her name to become a viral meme here. And I'm not talking of Hollywood whitewashing, I called it, it goes well enough with "custom made cyborg". Scar Jo is a shit actress, fortunately the role DON'T ask for expressiveness.

Expect a typically American vision & understanding of technology dumbed a little for the most common spectator. But don't take my words for fact, I know so much about transhumanism that even good stuff is starting to look tame to me.

I just want to punch whoever dubbed some of the characters in my language, and whoever thought it was a good idea to advertise it solely on Scar sexiness when they had plenty of iconic scene that fit the (new) themes.

That's all from me.
>>
>>15371649
>Adaptation excludes the flagship character of the series to be "its own thing"
This will always knock any piece of media down a full two letter grades for me.
>>
Is it good though?
>>
>>15371649
>that spoiler
Top jek.
>>
File: gitsmanga.jpg (57KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
gitsmanga.jpg
57KB, 333x499px
I got semi-hyped for this movie, so I decided to read the manga. Not gonna lie, I have no fucking clue what is happening. The translation seems stiff, the plot aimless, and the art crowded.

I'm not very familiar with manga, but it seems like such a hit would be a little more...accessible.
>>
File: 23434423424.jpg (24KB, 336x358px) Image search: [Google]
23434423424.jpg
24KB, 336x358px
>spoiler

Thanks for convincing me not to waste my money on this, OP.
>>
>>15372982
It kind of starts off as a series of future cyberpunk set of cop stories and then veers off in another direction. If you want a tighter presentation of the same concept check out Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
>>
>>15371649
>yet this is a carnival of reference.

Of course it. It was always going to be a parade of shout outs and familiar images. No one expected them not to copy paste the most visual and obvious images from the series into this.
>>
>>15372982
Bear in mind you're probably reading the official translation which was flopped, and reads left-to right. In case you're reading it right-to-left.

Yeah, I guess some of it's a little rough.
>>
>>15373010
Yeah, it's 'image flipped' so it's read left to right and the pages are mirrored.
>>
>>15372982
Oshii's adaptation is resposible for the version of GITS that's firmly embedded in the pop culture lexicon.

Shirow wrote smutty fun lighthearted trash with random stabs of techno-autism worldbuilding and ultraviolence.
>>
>>15372982
I think the first Oshii movie might be a better choice, since it's what seems to have inspired the movie the most. (At least judging by all the previews.)

SAC is pretty great, but it's also far more focused on the politics than on the Major's existential crisis. I honestly view SAC and the movies as two different beasts altogether.
>>
Is it watchable like Edge of Tomorrow?
>>
>>15373035
>SAC is pretty great

I found it to be dreadfully boring and little more than someone's Major fanfic wank off. 52 episodes to develop the world and they still don't do shit but go on about how Major is better at everyone on her team in each of their fields. combined.

>I honestly view SAC and the movies as two different beasts altogether.

You mean like you're supposed to?
>>
About to watch a prescreening I won in melb. Will be back for comments & rage
>>
File: 1490685116514.jpg (3MB, 1000x4045px) Image search: [Google]
1490685116514.jpg
3MB, 1000x4045px
>>15371649
They copied scenes straight from the movies and somehow made them look unimpressive.
>>
File: 1424784014117.jpg (20KB, 251x249px) Image search: [Google]
1424784014117.jpg
20KB, 251x249px
>>15373031
That's not what the word lexicon means u dumb fuck
>>
So is it basically just RoboCop 2014?

I'm not even memeing, RoboCop 2014 is a thing, check imdb, RT, etc. if you like.
>>
>>15373213
>Who slips into my rogot body and whispers to my ghost?
>rogot
What is this and why isn't it a meme.
>>
>>15373339
i didn't hate it.

RoboCop 2014 could have been better, but it also brought a few neat ideas to the table.
>>
It's a weird movie, it's paced like a SAC procedural story but it's laden with imagery from the Oshii film. A strange mixture to watch play out.

It's honestly not terrible, though. The story is pretty decent and the actors are mostly good, if the villain wasn't complete shit and the pacing wasn't so choppy this could have been Edge Of Tomorrow tier.
>>
>>15373476
You've seen it? I was going to but I've got to write a lab report. I'll see it tomorrow or Friday, anything in particular to watch out for?
>>
The original manga is the only one I've liked
>>
Just finished watching. Disliked it but it was enjoyable. Wouldn't watch again. The one thing thats important to note is that it is essentially the same movie as Oshii's concept-wise, and the "they made me but they cannot control me" bullshit doesn't really stand out, more than it did with Oshii's at least.

+visual aesthetics was definitely the film's strong point
+pacing isn't terrible such that the film becomes unwatchable
+Takeshi's chief was on point
+so was batou
+I thought how they handled the name 'Motoko' was pretty clever

?soundtrack isn't anything special
?it's pretty much the same movie, just executed far from as good
?strangely enough I found quite a few of the new scenes to be good, while the remakes of scenes were bland and just plain not done well

-holy shit fight scenes look like quick time events
-wtf did they do to Togusa
-another anon mentioned above about how they can show such spectacles on screen and have them be so boring. I agree.
-subtlety is thrown out the window. 'Major' literally shouts out "Nothing I know is real!" at some point
-there were a lot of scenes which could easily have been removed to make time to develop the themes more.
-the fucking ending

Overall the core of the problem is that the director plain doesn't understand why the original movie worked so well, or what makes movies good in general. It's easy to tell because of how they can copy scenes from the original film but only change the things that make them important to the final product.

One example is the scene with the garbage men. By making it such that they directly get controlled, the audience is less likely to understand why 'Major' is so distraught about not knowing what real and what isn't because they were never given the chance to believe what the garbage man believed..

Cont.
>>
>>15373514
It makes it such that when the villain tells 'Major' that they are the same, it's much less effective than when the Puppet Master did it.

It becomes such that the movie probably isn't about the Major's existential crisis anymore, but instead something something muh corporations muh human feeeeeelings

All in all, the movie is just GitS but turned into a typical Hollywood action flick. Enjoyable, but completely forgettable. There's just nothing of substance, but somehow I'm not as bothered about this as I'd usually be.

Maybe I just stopped caring at some point.
>>
Does the ending differ from the animated film at all?
>>
>>15373523
Also I forgot to mention that they use terminology from the series very heavy handedly, an example being something like 'Your mind, your human spirit, your GHOST' or something. But I guess that's the fate of all adaptations created for the general public, making Edge of Tomorrow really special in a sense.

Also, the last scene was really franchise-bait, and that honestly annoyed me quite a bit.
>>
>>15373524
Yes, very different. It's actually pretty much the opposite of the original.
>>
>>15373339
Not gonna lie
I actually liked Robocop '14
>>
>>15373537
>>15373476
Honestly, that DOES sound terrible.
>>
>>15373339
Robocop 2014 was brilliant, only flopped because americucks can't accept a Brazilian director making fun of them.
>>
File: ROBOPROPHECY.png (9KB, 697x196px) Image search: [Google]
ROBOPROPHECY.png
9KB, 697x196px
>>15373339
>>15373462
>>15373540
>>15373546
When Robocop 2014 was announced, everyone was raging about how they made Robocop's design black, generic and edgy. I told them: it's pretty obvious that Robocop is going to switch back to his classic design once he breaks free of the mind control and that the tacticool design was just a parody. They literally thought it was serious and played straight.

Everyone on this board told me that I was stupid.
They all said it wouldn't happen.
Fuck them. I was right. Those goddamn morons. I'm still bitter. Yes, I mad. Mad about idiots.
>>
>>15373514
>wtf did they do to Togusa

Chin Han is a pretty good actor, but you can't give a 40 year old guy an anime haircut and not expect it to look retarded.

He looked wet and tired the entire movie.
>>
>>15373500
>The original manga is the only one I've liked

The original manga is shit. No one would even fucking remember it if it weren't for Oshii's film.
Not even the floof could save the original GiTS manga. Shirow did one good thing and that was Appleseed even though he never fucking finished it.
>>
>>15373457
It's Japanese people trying to speak English. Unfortunately, they appear to have fixed it on the upcoming blu-ray re-issue.
>>
>>15373753
>Shirow did one good thing and that was Appleseed even though he never fucking finished it.

>we never get to read Shirow's autistic take on Gundam with aylums
>>
>>15373769
Aw, I like it when this stuff gets into print.
>>
Shirow was always a terrible mangaka. But he made great mechanical designs and techno-details. He was extremely popular during the 90s in America because he was one of the most translated mangaka at the time. Probably because the late 80s/early 90s were cyberpunk af.
>>
>>15373778
>Shirow's autistic take on Gundam

Doesn't Shirow hate Gundam because mobile suits are unrealisticly huge and that triggers him?
>>
File: smug.jpg (167KB, 389x314px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
167KB, 389x314px
>>15373753
>>15373789

>I've never read Dominion
>I've never read Orion
>I've never read Black Magic

>I've only read GitS and Appleseed
>>
Okay so it's simply just not worth watching.

big surprise here
>>
>>15371649
>Expect a typically American vision
That's why it's shit. It was already over when hollywood decided to adapt it.
>>
>>15373826
Shirow has never written a good story in his life, his works have good visuals and cool ideas but their stories are only good as adaption bait.

Black Magic in particular is one of the worst manga I've ever read.

Only read Shirow's manga for floofy hair and memes.
>>
>>15373020
>Yeah, it's 'image flipped' so it's read left to right and the pages are mirrored.

In those days, they would have artists retouch the art. It's not just "flipped". Also the hand lettering is superb.

Little snots don't know good localization when you're literally staring at it.
>>
>>15373826
>RGB mode image of a greyscale comic
Yet you dare to tell others that they are wrong.
>>
>>15373852
>Also the hand lettering is superb.
It wasn't hand lettering and it was badly done. Everything is barely crammed into the world bubbles with tons of awkward line breaks. It was amateurish at best.
>>
>>15373859
>It wasn't hand lettering and it was badly done.
There was literally no other way to do comic book lettering in 1994
>>
>>15373863
Except digital typesetting for comics has been a thing since the 80s.
>>
>>15373871
>Except digital typesetting for comics has been a thing since the 80s.
Name one example
>>
>>15373891
>The first digitally created comic to be published online was Eric Millikin's Witches and Stitches, published on CompuServe in 1985.
>The first digitally created print comic was Shatter, written by Peter Gillis and illustrated on the computer by Mike Saenz. Shatter appeared simultaneously as a one-shot special and as a backup feature in First Comics' Jon Sable title in 1985. It was published in its own 14 issue series from 1985-1986. Shatter was serialised in the British computer magazine Big K from the March 1985 issue.
>Shatter artist Mike Saenz went on to create Iron Man: Crash, the first digital graphic novel in 1988.
Also, I just posted one in >>15373859
That's digital lettering. To even propose that to be hand lettering is insanity that only the uninitiated would even suggest. It's pretty obvious you have no clue about this subject, so if I were you, I would refrain from chastising others about it. Get a clue.
>>
>>15373912
Neither of these have computer lettering. The first digitally created comic was Batman: Digital Justice in 1990, and that was lettered by hand.
>It's pretty obvious you have no clue about this subject,
Says the guy who doesn't know who tom orzechowski is. Go to sleep, kid
>>
>>15373747
No I meant that Togusa's role in the team dynamic and the way he acts about cyber enhancements isn't like the Togusa I know
>>
>>15372982

I've already read the manga and finished Oshii's movies, and I'm still not finished with SAC yet. Nor have I touched Arise.
>>
Only traitors pay to watch this.
>>
File: ironmanCrash_008.jpg (330KB, 900x1272px) Image search: [Google]
ironmanCrash_008.jpg
330KB, 900x1272px
>>15373934
>Neither of these have computer lettering.
I listed three. And Iron Man: Crash most definitely has digital lettering.
>The first digitally created comic was Batman: Digital Justice in 1990
Actually, that would be Buichi Terasawa's Black Knight Bat created in 1986. Which also had digital lettering. Get gud, kid. You're out of your element. You seriously can't even tell the difference between hand and digital lettering. To think Ghost in the Shell had hand lettering is pure insanity.
>>
File: screen.jpg (49KB, 427x213px) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
49KB, 427x213px
>>15373973
and here's Black Knight Bat. Do the world a favor and stop trying to school people about comics. You need to lurk, not post.
>>
File: TerasawaBat01.jpg (229KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
TerasawaBat01.jpg
229KB, 600x656px
>>15373976
Better image.
>>
>>15373213
They did well with the Robogeisha though
>>
>>15371649
Normally one would shout

>The original is better

And

>Read the book

But fuck Shirow, it's not particularly good, so that's not true this time.

This movie is in no way necessary and a waste of time, watch the 1995 anime film.

https://bakabt.me/torrent/171377/koukaku-kidoutai-ghost-in-the-shell-1995-bd-1080p-niizk

Is Logan still running? Go watch that if you have to go to the cinema
>>
>>15373714

Didn't he only get silver armor in the final seconds of the film? He never fought in it by my understanding, though I haven't seen it to know for realsies.
>>
>>15371649
>source material too complex
The gist is what makes life life? I bet you also think NGE is deep
>(they only had 2 hours)
The original wasnt even 90 minutes long
>>
>>15373213
too me it looks like the coloring is off like everything is darker and more gritty in the movie whereas the anime had lighter and softer color
>>
>>15374071

We've all literally seen hundreds of books, videogames, anime, LNs, VNs, movies and manga with every type of sci fi and cyberpunk story imaginable. Normal people not so much.
>>
>>15371649
>The source material was too rich and complex
GiTS is confuse and retarded, but if you think this is "rich and complex" you are a pretentious faggot.
>>
>>15373973
>>15373976
>>15373978
These don't look anything like the lettering in the GitS manga, so I don't know what your point is exactly. You can google "computer comic book lettering" and vomit the results back at me, but this was not standard practice. Computers were not involved at all in most comics production at this point, everything was still being photographed and transferred to printing plates. You look at that GitS page you posted, and say how bad the computer lettering is, you have zero idea what you are talking about. It looks great and is easy to read, unlike the stiff shit you posted as examples of early computer lettering. That is why it wasn't being used at the time. I've been reading comics longer than you've been alive, kid. Isn't it a school day?
>>
If you think this: >>15373859
looks like this: >>15373973
I don't know what to say. Enjoy being blind, I hear food tastes better, music is richer, etc.
>>
>>15374159
>>15374171
It's just a different font. In the late 80s, they started digitizing handwritten fonts like wild words or impact for use on computers.
>but this was not standard practice
It doesn't have to be. You literally said that digital lettering did not exist in 1994. I've proven you wrong. I doubt you've ever lettered anything in your life.
>say how bad the computer lettering is, you have zero idea what you are talking about
Digital lettering is my actual job.
>>
>>15374182
>Digital lettering is my actual job.
And you think tom orzechowski was doing digital lettering in 1994? For Dark Horse?

You proved me wrong, digital lettering did exist then. Congrats. GitS did not use it.
>>
>>15373035
>than on the Major's existential crisis
I thought 2nd GIG had the most subtle but still the best look into the Major's character out of any of the animations.
>>
>>15374210
Well, I learned something today
>In 1992, Orzechowski was among the first letterers to experiment with computer fonts. Working on Studio Proteus's Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Orzechowski found the sound-effect work to be so demanding that computer lettering seemed like a way to save time on the extensive dialogue. His font program, however, was primitive, and he ended up doing that series entirely by hand after all. By 1994, however, Orzechowksi was lettering mainly on the computer, and in 2002 he switched completely to digital lettering, using a Wacom pen on a graphics tablet, in Adobe Illustrator. He hasn't looked back, explaining in an interview on Comicon.com's The Pulse that "even then I was losing the knack, as the majority of my work had been digital for a couple of years. The fine motor control slips if the muscles aren�t in continual use."

I think this means I'm wrong? Lettering by hand on a wacom tablet does not sound like traditional digital lettering, but I am big enough to admit I was wrong.
I still think that Dark Horse edition looks great, though.
>>
>>15373457
Even electronic brain crystal pancake elderly.
>>
>>15373514
>+Takeshi's chief was on point
>+so was batou

Thanks, that's all that i need to know
>>
Any tachikoma/fuchikoma vs tank action??
>>
>>15374064
The silver armor is a modern take on his classic look. Jt was actually his first body.
>>
>>15371649
>The source material was too rich and complex for them to truthfully adapt the themes (they only had 2 hours)
The original movie did it in just under 90 minutes.
>>
Just tell me there's some reference to the Major's SAC outfit and I might consider seeing it.

>>15374484
But he didn't actually wear the armor again until the last few minutes of the movie.
>>
>>15374526

I looked at a clip on YouTube and it's more like seconds.
>>
>>15374520
>The original movie did it in just under 90 minutes.

The first movie isn't that deep. Oh no, can an AI be alive? It's not like scifi authors haven't been writing about that for 100 years.
>>
>>15373523
>>15373523
>All in all, the movie is just GitS but turned into a typical Hollywood action flick. Enjoyable, but completely forgettable. There's just nothing of substance

I mean remember the series had an entire episode about a woman who shoots quarters from her arm, and another that was just a big tank fight against helicopters.
>>
>>15373978
nice tits
>>
>>15374356
well memed
>>
>>15374598
Clearly it's about the execution more than the content itself.
>>
File: 1463327756213.jpg (35KB, 270x180px) Image search: [Google]
1463327756213.jpg
35KB, 270x180px
>>15373753
>Is shit

Not pretentious enough for you, bub?
>>
OP here,
I've been rethinking about how much work went into the little details even if it lack the execution (or just the novelty!) of the original (to us). It may be clearly retailored for americans' value, but I really think we shouldn't be too harsh with this movie (beyond mocking Scar-Jo acting and the whitewashing of course).
The plot of the live-movie is as consistent as most plot seen in the original manga or anime, only with less time to broach the topics and a requirement to INTRODUCE NEW PEOPLE TO GITS.
We may dislike it but if we want better SF we'll first have to crank up the world until their expectations match ours.

Myself I know enough SF to make GitS look tame, I even bet you can't surprise me with SF concept. Shirow's original GitS is regularly overrated and childishly pervert, most of the good stuff came from revisit. Oshii's Motoko is nothing like Shirow's manga or anime Motoko.

That said here's some of my big disappointment :
- Not enough interaction in cyberspace
The first dive of the Major should have this, a battle of intellect rather than her getting instantly drowned by allegoric zombies. I also actually hoped they would reuse the idea of Motoko hacking Batou's arm to make him punch himself.
- The Major isn't awesome enough. I'm being a anboy here but...
The Major hold that rank because she is awesome and respected, the movie had a good start but it all fell flat to a bratty cybergirl who rush alone and survive thanks to being THE new cyborg, seeing her schooled around break that image.
- The Major retrieving her memory, getting a backstory to define her hurt the few philosophy there was.
- shitty Hanka boss villain

>>15374071 >>15374143
>being contrarian to look edgy
GitS directly inspired movie like Matrix and any idiot know it influenced the cyberpunk genre a lot

>>15374520
Oshii's movie is limited and barely watchable if you don't know GitS/cyberpunk already.
>>
>>15374903
>Oshii's Motoko is nothing like Shirow's manga or anime Motoko.

You're right, he removed everything about her that could be considered a personality. I think that's a shame.
>>
>>15374903
>Myself I know enough SF to make GitS look tame, I even bet you can't surprise me with SF concept. Shirow's original GitS is regularly overrated and childishly pervert, most of the good stuff came from revisit. Oshii's Motoko is nothing like Shirow's manga or anime Motoko.

I was with you until this line. Way to jack off while shitting on the source material. Never seen that before.
>>
>>15373859
>disgusting scan
>not using HD rips of the last version of kodansha

fucking disgusting.
>>
>>15374903
>Myself I know enough SF to make GitS look tame, I even bet you can't surprise me with SF concept.

Yeah I don't get people acting like another "can robots be human" plot is still deep in 2017.
>>
>>15374903
Man, I dont think you and others who tried to adapt Shirow's GITS gets what makes Gits such a big deal.

What Shirow does that others doesn't? He made them alive, the Section 9 itself is very alive, the characters are alive and have their own interests. The deal about the filosophical shit going in the laters chapters is put on perspective about what Motoko and almost all Shirow characters want: to live their lives. Look at Dominion for example, the protagonist and Motoko are very orderly (Motoko way less, she is kinda sleazy), if what you say is real about the live action being about MUH IDENTITY AND MUH MEMORIES, holy shit what a sad thing.

And after all it only adds more one adaptation that completely misses the point of what Gits characters does the most: live their lives, work on their jobs, being really pro-status quo and such.
>>
Anyone who has read the Ghost in the Shell manga...what the hell is going on here?

Page 27.
>>
>>15376171
It'd be pretty obvious if you posted the whole page. And actually read the thing yourself. Major Short Fuse is frustrated that the feed she was asking for was immediately cut off on account of some kid reacting extremely strangely to what appears to be a bog-standard teaching machine which is a thing because THIS IS THE HIGH-TECH FUTURE WOOO.

I hope you're not the guy complaining you have no clue what's happening >>15372982
If so the answer is to stop speed-reading.
>>
Apparently the movie is a social justice nightmare.

And also shitty.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/846753296073342977
>>
>>15376427
What a cuck. All anime/manga characters are portrayed white anyway, I don't see what's the problem. The Japs have idolised wide-open eyes for as long as the manga medium has existed, who has the right to deny them that?
>>
>>15376537
>All anime/manga characters are portrayed white anyway
I hate this meme, Anime characters aren't white or asian, they are animated pvc models
>>
>>15376537
But the wide eyes come from anthropomorphic animals
>>
>>15376740
It was really just a bullshit counter-argument with as much validity as the whole "whitewashing" thing, I didn't even know it was a meme. It's as pointless as arguing about "anime is cartoons".
>>
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/04/dialogue-so-ham-fisted-it-makes-you-die-inside-ghost-in-the-shell-reviewed/
>>
Ok so what retcon did they have for why Batou and others aren't Japanese
>>
>>15376763
What the he'll are crisps?

Popped corn?
>>
>>15376789
Basically in the 19th century, all fried potato products made by cutting up potatoes and frying them in oil were known as chips in the US and the UK. Then in the early 20th century when they started to be served cold and wafer thin in bags, companies in the UK called them crisps to differentiate them from normal chips while in the US, french fries became the accepted term for the hot variety and chips became the accepted term for wafer thin fried potato slices.
>>
Batou's my favorite character in the series. I can not fucking handle how not Batou the actor is but what's worse is the eyes leave me in stitches from laughter or half cocked with rage when I see them.

is he somehow better than the trailers make him look and enjoyable in the film?
>>
File: 786.jpg (109KB, 786x1000px) Image search: [Google]
786.jpg
109KB, 786x1000px
>>15372982
>I'm not very familiar with manga

>The translation seems stiff,
>the plot aimless,
>the art crowded.

I can't read, but the bible is a good book.
>>
>>15376537
Fuck your mother.
>>
>>15373539
Mind just saving me the time and summarizing it in a spoiler?

I don't plan on seeing the movie, but the i've always followed the franchise.
>>
File: 1488581183935.jpg (133KB, 1600x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1488581183935.jpg
133KB, 1600x1152px
>>15374903
Oshii's movie is limited and barely watchable if you don't know GitS/cyberpunk already.

It was my moms' favorite movie until she died in her 70s a few years back.

She had no previous anime experience prior to having watched it (although she did afterwards), nor comic book experience, or experience with the franchise at all.

She had a fascination with foreign cultures, Japan, an appreciation for artistry and aesthetic, and a love of philosophy and existentialism.

Oshii's style of atmosphere and world building combined with the GitS lore was the key to allowing my mother to discover a whole world of animation and art to discover and enjoy during her last years alive.

(if anyone is interested, she and I went from there and consumed all of the GiTS franchise, then we watched anything Oshii had done, then we went to Satoshi Kon, then all of Miyazaki, then Tomino, and Yoshitoshi Abe. She wanted to watch Death Note as the concept intrigued her, but unfortunately she and I didn't get to finish it as a series before her health turned poor. SEL and GitS were her favorites.)

Anyway, Oshii's movie was important to me personally, and i'm probably not the only one. It's an accessible movie to anyone with an interest in the topics it explores, or anyone that has a taste for avant garde aesthetic.
>>
>>15373971
Shouldnt you have posted that in the Power Ranger thread?
Oh that's right everyone on /m/ is hypocritical in the extreme
>>
File: 1487443176197.jpg (33KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487443176197.jpg
33KB, 704x400px
>>15376537
>All anime/manga characters are portrayed white anyway
They aren't. This is how they portray white people.
>>
>>15376763

That guy has a really annoying writing style. Like he's trying to be clever and irreverent but just comes off as a smarmy asshole.
>>
File: 1461678368534.jpg (27KB, 525x481px) Image search: [Google]
1461678368534.jpg
27KB, 525x481px
>>15376009
>>
>>15376231
Thanks. I am blind in one eye and suffer from hemianopic dyslexia, so even though I love comics, I often have trouble with entire pages worth of material if only because I literally can only see a couple panels at a time.
>>
>>15376868
holy sshit anon, your mom sounds awesome.
sorry for your loss
>>
>go to /a/, thinking there will be one or two threads on the GitS movie

>literally an ocean of Moe shit with nothing gits

fucking this generation
>>
>>15377146
Quite a handsome cleft and square jaw
>>
>>15377907
GITS is a tedious and unnecessary retread of well-established cyberpunk ideas from literature decades preceding the manga.

Only Oshii's film has value for its aesthetics, otherwise you're basically watching babby cyberpunk that superficially presents ideas without exploring them, so what's the point?
>>
>>15374058
Is Innocence worth watching?
>>
>>15377950

Innocence is horrifically boring beyond your wildest imagination.
>>
>>15377907
>there's no thread about a movie everyone already hates
Wow really activated my almonds
>>
>>15376868
I need to phone my mom now. Thanks for sharing this.
>>
File: 1337432022813.jpg (321KB, 1243x1869px) Image search: [Google]
1337432022813.jpg
321KB, 1243x1869px
>>15376009
(OP here if you care)
I never said that Shirow can't make good characters, he's credited with lot of good things (top of head : Real Drive, and yes Dominion, 66...)
GitS only got most of their real character development from the series, the manga was 20% sociopathic comedy 50% pure professionalism and 20% honest personality, +30% oiled lesbian plot that get cut from some manga added to that.
Yes there's also enormous philosophical rant, but they are heavy and full of made up words. The series on the other hands...

I also like Character-centric story, but GitS "big deal" is it's understanding/speculation of/over technology, the characters are secondary archetype threaded to allow that (and it's not a bad things).
The Live movie was more simple, but for Hollywood it's impressive
(some peoples don't even catch the details or meaning of movie like "Transcendence" beyond "human turn into smart but freaky robot").

>>15376868
Didn't wanted to say it was bad or not a masterwork. But all masterwork aren't fully appreciable by themselves or by most peoples.

Actually, I myself also got a middle age women neighbor to watch it and she loved it for the philosophic take even if she's the sort of people who need tech support to install a driver. She also discovered that anime can be "frigging deep" as well, but it doesn't mean Oshii's movie was a good introduction to the UNIVERSE OF GHOST IN THE SHELL which the live movie -despite being simplified for that amateur of action flick you met at work or commuting- someone the live movie aim for (despite little to no experience in how to adapt manga into movie).

Oshii's movie WAS excellent, that's why the live movie got the easy bites of it (basset, basset everywhere).
Considering how formulaic Hollywood is at milking stuff, I'm almost relieved it was "so much original".
>>
File: 1460563579309.jpg (965KB, 2048x2938px) Image search: [Google]
1460563579309.jpg
965KB, 2048x2938px
for comparison, have some SHIROW GitS example.

I leave Stand Alone Complex GitS for someone else, I don't have good screenshot
>>
File: 1481241755796.jpg (1MB, 1280x1838px) Image search: [Google]
1481241755796.jpg
1MB, 1280x1838px
PLOT
>>
>>15376868
>>15377963
My mom can be close-minded but she ended up watching and liking GITs, Satoshi Kon and Miyazaki too. I leave her with shows I think she'll find interesting when I can.
>>
File: 1481912736855.jpg (239KB, 728x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1481912736855.jpg
239KB, 728x1130px
>>
File: 1302758554772.jpg (212KB, 786x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1302758554772.jpg
212KB, 786x1200px
Let's have a think tank going
>>
>>15374903
>INTRODUCE NEW PEOPLE TO GITS.

Bullshit. Anyone can go to bakaBT. How do you think I learned of GitS? Anime doesn't need normalfags. People who need Hollywood to spoonfeed them are irrelevant.
>>
>>15376797
The more you know!

We call them chips in my country too.
>>
File: tmp_11859-mom1401646068.jpg (44KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11859-mom1401646068.jpg
44KB, 500x354px
>>15376868
Moms are the best.

Mine isn't into anime but she's cool with my hobby and very open minded.
>>
>>15376773
>Ok so what retcon did they have for why Batou and others aren't Japanese

Since when has Batou ever been Japanese? He's the big western strongdude army guy.
>>
>>15377579
Sorry for snapping at you, keep at it.
>>
>>15376537
>/pol/tard is too ignorant to realize Asian people see their own eyes as normal and ours as the strange ones
Not even an SJW but you actually need to attempt to understand the perspective of other cultures. Unless you have a condition that prevents imagining life in someone else's shoes
Y'kno, like Autism. Japanese see anime eyes as their own. They also see us Westerners as having big goofy noses. Pay attention to anime instead of shitposting.
>>
>>15377907
Yeah whenever some cool new non -/m/ anime is announced or comes out /a/ has no threads. Like Tiger Mask. Honestly they aren't really anime fans they're pedos using anime as a shield to covertly discuss their evil Bullshit. Board might as well be deleted. Have you see their Berserk & Jojo threads? Even when something is good they exclusively talk about the most boring parts of them
>haha I made a joke about Griffith and Donovan I'm hilarious and original
>>
>>15378077
You're young enough that you dont remember celebrities jerking off to GitS & Akira in the 90s?
>>
>>15371649
>, I just saw the movie.
Huh? It's actually been made? I thought that this was just one of those bad ideas that begins production but never actually comes to pass because somebody has the sense to shut it all down.
>>
>>15378290
The Rangers are Japanese soldiers in GITS. They are not Americans like irl.
>>
>>15371649
Watched the 1995 movie. I heard the new movie combines both the 1995 movie and SAC, is it true? Also heard the new movie left out the DEEP themes from the 1995 movie.
>>
by the end of the day it's a pale imitation of the original anime film. It's a cash grab from hollywood/big corporations on a known franchise, dumb it down enough for the mainstream audience.
>>
all i can say is the major in the anime/manga is a fucking professional, the major in this movie is a fucking bitch/crybaby/twat.
>>
>>15380703

Made me laugh out loud.

Ah well, I'm going to watch it, but I have lowered expectations..
>>
>>15380444
Are you implying the Japanese don't have military special forces, or that only the US has a corps/group called Rangers because you're wrong on both accounts.
>>
>>15381460
>Are you implying the Japanese don't have military special forces

It's not a military. It's a Self Defense Force. Big difference.
>>
>>15380434
Yes it was
Next, brace for Evangelion
You know it's coming eventually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYYOY87cErc
>>
>>15373967
>Nor have I touched Arise.

don't change that
>>
>>15378813
>Y'kno, like Autism. Japanese see anime eyes as their own. They also see us Westerners as having big goofy noses. Pay attention to anime instead of shitposting.
They don't. Unlike in the west (western europe to NA) they aren't nearly as focused on "identity" as much as they are with just perceived attractiveness. Anime character look that way because the people who designed them think it looked attractive and viewers would enjoy it. It's like how like 70% of korean girls get double-eye lid surgery, they don't get it because they want to look white they get it because they think it'll pull their eyelids up and make their eyes pop. Chin shaves and nose reductions are also kinda popular, at least with their idols and drama stars, which make them look less white (and asian for that matter) but they also get the bridges of their noses raised. Yea, they're still aware of stereotypes but they don't really give a shit. Like Kanuka from Patlabor looks more asian than the rest except maybe Gotoh and she's supposed to be happa. Or happas in moe anime look exactly the same as everyone else except they have different hair colors like Haganai's MC or Ichigo (whos dad is, I guess ghost asian or something). Point is most of the time it's just about the aesthetics and they don't care nearly as much about this identity stuff and who looks like what.

For some reason the west, but particularly white people have a really obvious problem with escapism. They try to inject current issues and identity and all this none-sense into every work of fiction and boil away the fantasy. And it's clearly a culture problem because it's infecting American minorities too. And I'm pretty sure the people back when american cartoons first showed didn't care about cartoon walking animals being one race or another.
>>
>>15373546
>Robocop 2014 was brilliant

What made it brilliant?
>>
So within the context of the movie, who is Scarlett Johnason?

Is she Motoko Kusanagi, or someone else, or what
>>
>>15381683
And Akira.
>>
>>15381853
she's Motoko Kusanagi's brain in the shell of Scarlett Johansson

it's like Get Out, but retarded
>>
>>15381725
I haven't touched it either, it feel like a cheap reuse of a license with new graphic and no depth to milk the franchise. Am I right or the reality is more frightening?

>>15381785
Japan is a very xenophobic country. The eyes surgery you talk about is "relatively popular" for what it is but nowhere a fashion. As for the reason, last I know it's simply because the eyes are windows to the soul and it aesthetically pleasing.
For the sake of taking a stance, I'm a guy who considered that Scar-Joh wouldn't pose problem as long as they got the artificial nature of cyborg right.
And I would say they did, Mira Killian feel like a 100% artificial beauty. (doesn't fit GitS themes but it does fit that movie)

>And I'm pretty sure the people back when american cartoons first showed didn't care about cartoon walking animals being one race or another.
That's only because the cartoons were minimalist, and self-censored themselves to fit accepted archetype, customs & offend no belief. Law-enforced race discrimination & gender roles was in full effect at the time.
Cultures at the time simply didn't expect animation (and most movie) to carry messages against traditions (even propaganda was only exaggerating the belief)

I'd dare you to make an anime/cartoon with a (human) black or women president, accepted same-sex relationship and many other stuff back in 1940.

Fuck, when did my post get so long?
>>
>>15381853
She take the role of the Major we know but with a different name : Mira Killian
after the plot happen, Motoko Kusanagi appear as being her real name.
Not saying she is Shirow's Motoko or Oshii's Motoko. She's a new Hollywood one.
>>
>>15373973
Saved. Pretty much because they're doing a play on the OSI (Layer) model.
>>
>>15381490
It's bigger than any European 'military'.
>>
One thing they never really make clear in the original...can the Major reproduce?

The Puppet Master says he wants to merge with the Major so that he can spread his seed around the net. If she's just a brain in a cyborg body, how will she be able to help him out?
>>
>>15371649
I agree that Scarlett Johannsen is shitty actress. However, I would argue that this is a role uniquely suited to her "ahem" talents since the Major is meant to be doll-like and emotionless anyway.
>>
>>15377937
I'm somewhat distracted by his huge schnoz.
>>
>>15382243
White people have pretty big noses. It's actually not big enough. Like half of his right eye should be hidden behind his nose
>>
>>15382212
The young Motoko in the end of the original is not Motoko but a new form consisting of information from both Motoko and the puppet master without being either of them. Whether that's reproduction or not is up to discussion.
>>
>>15371649
Just saw the movie this afternoon. It was better than I was expecting, but still not that great...vert forgettable, IMO. The music tracks in the movie itself weren't too bad, and the spider tank looked cooler in action than it did in the art. On the other hand...was it just me, or was the acting pretty bad? I had to stop myself from snickering every time that doctor lady said something, and the script left a lot to be desired too. "Yoo ah naht a robut. Yoo haf a ghust, a sohl."
>>
>>15382989

That's pretty much the general consensus I've seen. It's not shit fuck terrible but it's really generic and mediocre, to the point where you wonder why they bothered.

It's no Live Die Repeat.
>>
>>15379410
I was never young enough to pay attention to Hollywood. Mainstream culture has never been my forté.

I didn't dicover anime until I was in my twenties, anime is virtually invisible unless you look for it. So you have to go out and discover it.
>>
I liked it but maybe I'm just starved for cyberpunk.

That said, I like it more as it's own thing than as a gits film.

I liked the references, by it really felt like someone decided to make a Deus Ex HR film.
I'll probably grab the bluray just because I like the visuals and it'll make some good background noise while painting.
>>
>>15371649
Watched it this afternoon with a bud. Had pretty good visuals and soundtrack that I would've said they relied on a bit too much, though they did kinda go a bit heavy handed with telling you what the themes are. I thought how they revealed the Major's past was clever, though I don't think Scar Jo was able to make it emotionally compelling. I think overall they were being overly cautious to avoid offending the older fans. Too bad most of them already decided they were gonna hate it beforehand
>>
>>15383099

Anime is virtually invisible? Do you not know DBZ? You are just a loser.
>>
>>15377980
I can't find a version of the book with this part left in.
>>
>>15373213
>They copied scenes straight from the movies
Literally all of GitS besides the Manga is ripping off things that came before.
>>
>>15382989
Do they actually say that ghost=soul?
>>
>>15371649
If they hadn't tried to tie it to GiTS super hard and just used the name with a new premise, I genuinely would've been more okay with it.
>>
>>15383521
It's not?
>>
File: Hero_(Smart_Alec).png (23KB, 120x148px) Image search: [Google]
Hero_(Smart_Alec).png
23KB, 120x148px
>>15383246
>mfw my local library has the uncensored book
>>
>>15377980
So, the implication is that the Major has some kind of USB Flash Drive sex program plugged into her arm?
>>
>>15383535
It is but they've never literally spelled it out like that.
>>
>>15377988
Why did Batou like this weirdo?
>>
>>15383535
I always assumed the use of ghost was due to the shift in especially german philosophy where geist (spirit or maybe even mind) were introduced as a concept for distinction between the more metaphysical, religious soul and individuality,
>>
>>15383548
Yeah theyve only heavily implied it in every single iteration of the series.
>>
>>15383547
More like uppers to enhance sensory stimuli.
>>
File: why he picked her.png (2MB, 1624x4132px) Image search: [Google]
why he picked her.png
2MB, 1624x4132px
>>15382212
My interpretation :
He wanted HARDWARE.
The puppet master mind was only lines of code and (from what he said) homogeneous. He can spread by copying himself or improve himself but anything he created that way would just be code that is deterministic & easily hackable.

By fusing with the Major the thinking process of the new being creating will be dependent of random atomic fluctuation (from human brain cell) while presumably having the (incredible) processing capability he had before. He would become able to "reproduce" because any new being created will not be an extension of himself.

You can call that "reproduction" if you assume that both of them died and their "child" just happen to have inherited memory from them. However that logic is born from our human inability to copy exactly a way of thinking from a parent to a child and inability to imagine the mentality of an hivemind.

Personally I don't see why an AI couldn't create a new AI that don't merge with himself.

Pict : explain why he picked her specifically
>>
File: 1283937880439.png (1MB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
1283937880439.png
1MB, 1280x688px
>You'll never be that smug

>>15384310
>However that logic is born from our human inability to copy exactly a way of thinking from a parent to a child and inability to imagine the mentality of an hivemind.
Forgot to add my punchline to this : In practice a perfect copy of a person will be seen as a copy if no one know a copy happened. Especially if cybernetic allow us to change shape and only our mind change.
By human standard, someone can become "another person" simply by changing his way of thinking beyond what we are at ease with.
>>
>>15384310
Is that the dub's translation?
>>
Which GiTS torrent is the best again for the original movie? I remember they fucked up BD, but did anyone ever fix that?
>>
And... suddenly we're in a world where the new movie isn't being bashed to shit.
>>
>>15377947
hollywood making money is the point
>>
File: 1363445667721.jpg (260KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1363445667721.jpg
260KB, 795x1200px
>>15384634
I think we were expecting so little of it that Scar-Jo turning out "ideal" as a lifeless robotic synthetic doll with no humanity whatsoever made it good beyond our wildest expectation.

But we shouldn't be discussing our impression, /m/ is a hivemind with no concept of originality.

We should be discussing how normal human being see it. It is visible "anime"? It is just seen as a fancy action flick with no transcending message about the relation of mankind with technology? It is just an elaborate trick to get Scar-jo into a skintight bodysuit? What's the deal with those dogs? I laughed when I saw the city sized hologram of the bassets head

Btw, I fear that Hollywood discovered that "Got my cyberbrain hacked" is the easiest plot device to make cyberpunk.
>>
>>15385088
No, I'm talking about the current threads in contrast to the /mo/ ones. Those were sincerely bashing the box office performance, etc.
>>
>>15371649
I enjoyed it but I'm not gonna justify why I liked it and nor should I have to, everyone is different except for all those bagging on the film without having even seen it, it seems that for even those that have seen the film and didn't enjoy it that they think everyone needs to hear their opinion on it
>>
>>15371649
>Muuuh the source material was too rich to adapt.
>They only had 2 hours.

Oshii took the material, made something unique with it and an animated masterpiece in 80 minutes. Try again Scarlett.
>>
>>15389428
>made something unique with it
Adding elements aped from Blade Runner is far from unique.
>>
>>15389459
Blade Runner was about internet evolutive lifeforms? Very ahead of its time dude.
>>
>>15389477
Right... watch Blade Runner, anon.
>>
>>15389484
>Guuh what can I say... ok I got it, "Watch it anon". Yes, I'm the true emperor naw.
>>
>>15389526
Like your implication that "elements" means "exactly the same"?
There's a lot of things wrong with your post.
So you're either trying to bait an petty argument or you might not have seen Blade Runner, in which case there's no reason to spoil it for you.
>>
>>15389565
>Huhu the faggot doesn't know that Blade Runner took everything in Asimov's books.
>>
>>15389580
This isn't /tv/, anon. You fail to provide substance and we'll start to ignore you.
>>
>>15371649

Oh well, it was a pleasant surprise. Not great, but pretty decent. The visuals are ambitious and some moments were awesome.

The new backstory was kinda lame though. Is it just me or they really reveal the "plot twist" after 30 seconds in the movie? What the hell..

So if you expect to the GitS you know, you'll be disappointed. If you can manage to just watch the movie as something differnt, it's nice to watch.

>>15389459

Hmm, interesting.
I know Blade Runner pretty well, yet I haven't realized some things in the new GitS were "inspired" from it. But now that you said it.. yes some things seem kinda similar.

On the other hand , there are a lot of "cyberpunk themes" that can be found in differnt movies. How many dystopia movies have a bad mega cooperations that tries to rule the world? I couldn't count them all.

The "are we robots merely robots?" theme is also old (yes, I've read Asimov in my youth..), but it has a lot of facets. Like you can't compare "Romeo & Juliet" to "Cruel intentions", even though both are tragic stories about love.

Blade runner was pretty psychological and centered about the question wether we can just "shut off" machines, that are almost like humans or this is already murder. The new GitS is not really interested in philosophy, it's more about the personal journey of the Major and her relationship to the doctor and batou. There was no real emphasis on hacking or brain washing in blade runner, but it's pushing the plot in GitS.

I'm, not saying this is the best decision ever (I would have preferred it closer to the original), but it's not really a "blade runner" copy either.
>>
>>15381785
That armchair Bullshit isn't even worth responding to. Stop posting when you're stoned, Round eye is a term for a reason, they don't "idolize" other cultures they're well known Xenophobes people like Kojima are the exception not the rule
Asian people obviously see their own features as the Norm, just like Any other the ethnicity
Polite Sage for off topic
>>
>>15381877
> but retarded

I mean, is it?

Step back from the social justice implications for a sec and just look at the plot. If you are abducting people and giving them new bodies reprogramming them into being your machines, why the fuck would you give them a body that looks exactly like their old one? Or even kinda like it?

Yes, it would obviously be better if the MC of an anime adaptation was actually allowed to be Japanese. Thats a given. But having a Japanese person's brain in a robot body that looks like (hollywood actress) is not the worst compromise they could have come up with for a Ghost in the Shell movie.
>>
>>15383521

Yes.

There is a scene, early on in the movie, that is downright painful and REEKS of being a late addition. The movie starts with the classic 'building the body' sequence, and then we skip to 1 year later with the Major doing an action scene, but in between that is a fucking atrocious 5 minute scene of the Major waking up for the first time and having her situation explained to her.

So as soon as the opening credits flash GHOST IN THE SHELL at you, a doctor lady appears almost specifically to stare the camera dead in the face and say 'when we say ghost we mean soul, and your body is a shell. Ghost in the Shell. Do you get what the title means yet?'

It feels a lot like the scene was never really supposed to be there, but some fuckwit suit who has never seen a scifi movie in his life was like 'yeah, but what if people are CONFUSED?'

That scene made me terrified for the rest of the film, but thankfully things do pick up from there. It never really hits 'great' tier, but that first scene was especially shitty and forced.

The important difference, that makes a lot of other weird details fall into place, is that this simply isn't an adaptation of the original story on a fundamental level. I don't even mean in plot or details. The original movie is the climax of the major's story, the end of her arc. This is very clearly an origin story, meant to introduce the audience to the setting and characters rather than do anything especially interesting with them.

So its pretty but fairly insubstantial. That said, I would be more hopeful about any inevitable sequel if they made one, simply because they got all the cliche shit wrapped up this time around so it can only go up from here. The next movie (and you are kidding yourself if you think they don't plan to make one if this generates enough cash) might actually be Ghost in the Shell enough.
>>
>>15392226

Made me laugh, because it's true.

The movie would hav been better without this "Hurr, who am I?!?" "You're da ghost in the shell, gurl." scene.
>>
>>15383111
No anon DBZ was never a thing here.
>>
>>15392916
The whole movie would have been better if it never happened.

Oh well its not the worst thing Hollywood ever did.

>>15392108
At least Japan can read subtitles.
>>
It was a lot of things but I do have to give it to the visual effects. I always gotta respect when they do things with traditional effects, and a lot of the cyborgs with detachable parts etc were all real built objects.
>>
>>15392013
>in the new GitS
Oshii didn't do the "new GitS", he did the '95 movie.
>>
>>15392226
>and you are kidding yourself if you think they don't plan to make one if this generates enough cash

It isn't generating enough cash.
>>15390049
>>15392599
>>
>>15389428
As said before, what Oshii made can barely be understood without knowing the genre or GitS (he talk to a otaku fanbase) and it don't introduce newcomer to the universe of Ghost in the Shell.
The live movie had 2 plots going, while presenting the universe, plus heavy homage.

You can blame the execution but recognize they needed a more popular formula.

>>15392226
Yeah, execution problem right there.
Question : it is only the dubs or does the doctoress had a child voice? I keep wondering if there wasn't some Shirow-madness in the Original were he said someone talked with a child voice, or maybe it's the anime.
Someone have to confirm because that sound completely like what someone with software control over his voice would do.

>>15393530
>It isn't generating enough cash.
That I can believe. Worst advertisement ever. Everybody must be like "So that's a movie about Scarjo in bodysuit in the future?"
They couldn't even put this >>15381889 on the posters.
And they can't blame the idea is too complicated, lot of Sci-fi stuff worked recently along stuff they expected to fail
>>
>>15377950
Yes
>>
I hope they do an Armitage movie next
>>
>>15371649
Man, that was the lazy CGI. They could at least have removed the eyelids.
>>
>>15376990
Power Rangers was alright, nothing compared to the average sentai movie, but ok for a mindless action movie.
>>
>>15374526
She wears a coat and the cyborg body is garish. It literally looks like a suit she's wearing that goes up to her neckline.
>>
>>15377950
If you like a movie with nice visuals and everyone quoting someone from outside the movie. Seriously, nearly half the lines are just quotes.
>>
>>15380446
I can't really think of anything where they used any concepts specifically from the series. It takes the somewhat cerebral concepts from the 1995 movie and either barely glosses over them or just ignores then entirely.
>>
>>15394550
When the time comes that everyone has a direct connection to Google and Wikipedia inside their brains, you can expect them to talk like that too.
>>
>>15394688
>Every day will be like an episode of Criminal Minds

Sweet Jesus, fuck the future.
>>
>>15394550
>Seriously, nearly half the lines are just quotes.
>only half of the onlines is quotes
And they say Star Trek's vision of a brighter tomorrow is dead.
>>
File: 1476778669222.png (759KB, 2200x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1476778669222.png
759KB, 2200x3600px
>>
File: 1248336855570.jpg (460KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1248336855570.jpg
460KB, 724x1024px
>>15396895
Anon, if you are going to post GitS sexy fanart, at least don't take shitty one
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.