[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Luke Skywalker and Amuro Ray, who wins in a dogfight? Assume

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

Luke Skywalker and Amuro Ray, who wins in a dogfight? Assume they are using 100% identical copies of the same vehicle for fairness.
>>
>>15354991
my dick, west vs east thread gtfo
>>
File: east vs west.png (917KB, 1400x840px) Image search: [Google]
east vs west.png
917KB, 1400x840px
>>15355014
>>
>>15354991
>>
Amuro. They both have space magic but Amuro's a legendary ace pilot as well who knows his machines inside and out and Luke relies more on the space magic.
>>
>>15355034
But can Amuro plink womp rats with the same expediency as Luke?
>>
>>15355038
no but he can shoot dumbshit farmboys pretty good
>>
>>15355014
When did you become so fucking bitter and jaded that a fun little what-if threads seems like a trolling attempt to you? I'm not picking a side here anyone that gives a fuck about East vs West is a dumb crossboarder every /m/an knows both are good go away
>>
>captcha insists a truck bed is a road
Google, your self driving cars are gonna be a financial and legal disaster
>>
>>15355034
So is Luke. They both use "magic" powers to spidey-sense their way through flights.
>>
>>15355029
Sauce
>>
>>15355038
Well, how big is a funnel?
>>
>>15355107
Plamo Kyoshiro
like Build Fighters but with more franchises
special guest stars include Star Wars, Dougram, Thunderbirds, Nazis, Exorcist, and many more
>>
>>15355034
You do know that Amuro inherited tinkering with machines from Luke, right?
>>
>>15355110
>Nazis

Do a bunch of giant 1/35 soldiers start fighting 1/144 mobile suits?
>>
>>15354991
How does Lukes pre-recognition work?
>>
>>15355148
I'm pretty sure it's just some nerds cosplaying. I forget what scale their things are compared to the heros' stuff.
I think they do play the lolscale card at some point but I don't recall if it's that fight or another one.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/o18qveirrtgl4/Plump_Man_KiyoShi is the raws. It's easy enough to follow for the most part if you know any Japanese media about a kid who'll be the very best like no one ever was.
>>
>>15355168
Not only does it allow him to weave through beams, but it allows him to hit a small window while within a vehicle he's unfamiliar with and without use of a targeting computer.
>>
>>15354991
Luke.

You underestimate Star Wars characters, Luke and Obi-wan were dodging shit at the speed of light
>>
>>15355311

I'd agree that Luke would win, but no munitions in the original Star Wars trilogy travels at lightspeed. I don't even think the super laser on the Death Star does, though no-one dodged that regardless. Also, when does Obi-Wan dodge any kind of shot? The bar fight with Ponda Baba is about the only instance I can think of that it might happen, and he reacted before Ponda even drew there if I recall.
>>
>>15355361
You didn't think about the prequel trilogy, did you?
>>
>>15355390

Well when you put Luke in the phrasing, no I wasn't. What light speed munitions did Luke dodge? What was light speed in the prequels?
>>
>>15355400
I didn't wrote the post you replied to, but I replied to your post about Obi-wan never dodging lasers. The prequel trilogy was retarded with laser-battles. As far as light-speed munitions, I don't quite get it either.
>>
>>15354991

I'd imagine Luke has the advantage here.

Amuro basically only ever had the newtype reflex going for him. Mental contact with other newtypes basically just made him spazz the fuck out and trip balls, and his greatest feats require the use of psychoframe for an external power boost.

Luke has the same psychic reflexes power, but to a much greater degree. Amuro, for example, could never just no-sell enemy beam weapons by repeatedly blocking the shots with his beam saber, and that's literally kid stuff for a jedi. On top of that, force powers never make Luke have an acid trip in the middle of a fight (which is generally not seen as an advantage) and while his training was never really completed his can still do more shit with the force than Amuro can as a Newtype. Using the force he can telekineticaly manipulate the battlefield even from within the cockpit (the canon explanation for how Luke made the shot that killed the first Death Star was that he used the force to push the torpedo into the right place, not just aim better) and its been established by Vader that you can force choke the shit out of someone over vast distances, so theoretically he can just call up Amuro on a vidscreen and choke him unconscious for the no-kill easymode win. Amuro has no defense against it.
>>
>>15355024
I hope there aren't anyone on this board dumb enough to take this image at face value.
>>
>>15355486

> the canon explanation for how Luke made the shot that killed the first Death Star was that he used the force to push the torpedo into the right place, not just aim better

Where was that explained?
>>
>>15354991
Neither. Through newtype and force bullshit they'd both figure out that neither wants to fight. So they'd end up talking things out.

Assuming that this is CCA era Amuro. Would Char ally with the Empire and if so what would adding Psycho Frame do for the Death Star if anything?
>>
>>15355486
>the canon explanation for how Luke made the shot that killed the first Death Star was that he used the force to push the torpedo into the right place, not just aim better

So where's the scene in the movie saying that?
>>
Max Jenius > old EU Luke > Ep V and VI Luke > CCA Amuro > Ep IV Luke > pre-NT awakening Amuro
>>
>>15355509

Max was defeated by a villain with black hole powers, old EU Luke was able to hold steady against a black hole using the Force or something, so he probably trumps Max. It's still dumb, but then, so is Gepelnitch, so I guess it evens out.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (12KB, 259x194px)
images (6).jpg
12KB, 259x194px
Are they piloting an X-Wing or a mobile suit? In a snubfighter Luke has a colossal advantage due to his familiarity with its typical forward momentum and incorporating that into his piloting. In a mobile suit the edge goes to Amuro, due to his greater experience in a machine with three-dimensional mobility. Luke is a greater Jedi than Amuro is a Newtype, but Luke's force usage isn't as directed towards piloting as Amuro's abilities.

Honestly the only way to make it fair would be to put them in VFs.
>>
>>15355501
>Neither. Through newtype and force bullshit they'd both figure out that neither wants to fight. So they'd end up talking things out.

Honestly, I can see the both of them getting along quite well. Now I want to see them as a tag team.
>>
>>15355486
Isn't Amuro dodging lasers like it doesn't matter all the time? That became baby newtype stuff by Z. I can't recall if someone blocks with their light saber in UC but that could just be because minovsky particles don't get thick enough. Amuro no sells tons of fights where he is alone against 7 or 8 pilots focused on killing him, and his reflexes made them have to upgrade the response time of his already OP robot to inhuman levels. At no point Luke or Obi go beyond the limits of non Jedi pilots.

In a frontal fight in foot yeah, obviously Amuro looses.
>>
>>15355749
Luke in Super Robot Wars when?
>>
>>15355757
Yes please. I don't care how many legal hoops they have to jump through. Make that shit happen.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.