[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the return of Samurai Jack, could pic related make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

With the return of Samurai Jack, could pic related make a glorious return?
>>
>>15354342
no

90s comedic slacker male buddies are dead and buried, they were a byproduct of crossover thrash and grunge
>>
>>15354342
Only if they keep the comedy tone.
>>
>>15354342
Isn't this one of the shows they sold to the government?

So not unless Trump digs giant robots.
>>
File: Sym-Bionic_Titan_6568.jpg (77KB, 412x513px) Image search: [Google]
Sym-Bionic_Titan_6568.jpg
77KB, 412x513px
You mean pic-related.

Actually, I'm really hoping both come back.
>>
>>15354342
The original creators have been trying to get the rights to do it for years but cartoon network has a vice like grip on the IP and they basically refuse to let them do it, I feel mostly out of spite. There's a lot of bad blood between the creators and cartoon network, with cartoon network essentially sabotaging the second season.

What really sucks is they have almost the entire same crew, they made Motor city together, and they all want to make more and have been working with Titmouse to try and get the rights. The last time we heard about it though was I think 2012 and there's been NO word about it since a twitter campaign to garner the attention of cartoon network. I feel there's pretty much no chance of it coming back at this point.

Which is a fucking shame because they have the perfect ability to update it by heart having them get knocked into the future. I mean it writes itself.
>>
>>15354342
It's a tax write off for cartoon network, it can't come back even if they wanted it too.

Which sucks.
>>
>>15354465
How can I forget that this show exists? It's fucking outstanding.
>>
>>15354471
Knocked into the future? Nah just have Coop be lazy for all of those years.

Change some characters's clothes and it would be set.
>>
>>15354471
You just know that if they do get to do another run, there will be a billboard stand-in for Cartoon Network that'll get routinely destroyed.
https://youtu.be/yg1EUzysElE
>>
>>15354477
It's SBT that's the tax write-off, sadly. Megas actually has a chance.
>>
>>15354477
>free money just for sitting on IP and doing nothing with it

Seriously?
>>
>>15354358
BASED MECHASECRATARY REVIVAL CONFIRMED
>>
>>15354477
It absolutely can come back if the creators can get back the rights.
>>
>>15354588

>Referencing the .com bubble burst

Now THAT is a joke that flew over my eleven-year-old head.
>>
File: 1466187449934.jpg (42KB, 326x236px) Image search: [Google]
1466187449934.jpg
42KB, 326x236px
>>15354358
>Isn't this one of the shows they sold to the government?
>>
>>15354471

nowadays CN became plagued with SJW and San Fran libs to the point that the new director wants to reboot Johnny bravo and the FUCKING EDS, because she thinks that they were canceled "because its too offensive for woman"

she didn't understood the satire on Johnny bravo cartoon.
>>
>>15356513
It was produced on a tax leave.

Don't have to pay taxes producing it, but have to kill it and not air it once the tax bonus period ends.
>>
File: Femme Fatale.png (254KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
Femme Fatale.png
254KB, 500x364px
>>15356598
Given that, it almost feels like the original Powerpuff Girls predicted that kind of thing to happen with pic-related.
>>
>>15354342
It was shit
>>
>>15356598
I can't help but wonder how Johnny Bravo can ever be made SJW-friendly. The very premise of the show is this muscled man approaching - I'm sorry, sexually harrassing - women.
>>
>>15356611

Gendy, danny and chris knew what it was coming

This is why danny gave a proper end to the eds

why chris left CN to work for disney on kick buttovisky and phiners & ferb

and why genndy was forced to stay as hostage on CN fridge because of his ideas.

CN Americas is fucked up, the brazillian CN is succeeding on purge the last remnants of Anime to broadcast only Ben 10 an other shit like steven's universe, though HALF of the channel's broadcast now is reruns, worse its shared with boomerang on said reruns.

>>15356659
the joke was always that that he is the roid nerd guy that will never score with someone for being too stupid

and every time when someone finally shows up to score with him, or he screws it for being a utter retard or because his mother or GOD intervenes it
>>
>>15356659
Easy. They make a whole series based on that genderswap episode and tumblr would eat it up.
>>
>>15356659
Most of the time it wasn't that bad. Er, what I remember anyways.

Whoa mama I should rewatch Johnny Bravo.
>>
>>15356687

1st season was bad, the rest with carl and pops was great, the return to the 1st season drawing was bad as the movie was, everyone got thrown into a bus and carl had no participation on it.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K1DWEi9WPo
>>
>>15356711
>>15356659

the redrawn season with kirk directing was awesome

heres the season where the genie really tries to help him and he's too retard to notice it

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nR41JegDQU
>>
>>15356600
Surely, there's a protocol for re-launching the series?
>>
>>15356659
The show consistently featured women rejecting him for different reasons despite his insistence and looks.
The way to make it SJW friendly would be to keep it as is. This is assuming SJWs actually want what they claim to want which isn't really the case.
>>
>>15356749

>https://cynicnomore.com/2016/04/13/cartoon-network-to-reboot-johnny-bravo-in-2017/
>>
>>15356749
>The show consistently featured women rejecting him for different reasons despite his insistence and looks.

Yeah, but it basically didn't condemn approaching women as such. He wasn't portrayed unsympathetically, even when the women weren't interested. Johnny would be an outright villain in a SJW friendly show.
>>
>>15356761
You're right, I was thinking of the women. Either he should be portrayed as unlikable(with a likable character that ends up getting the girls) or be reworked into a beta.
>>
>>15356757

>“One of the women on the writing staff said she found the old show funny. She said it was humorous for a muscly guy to be a dumb wimp who was terrible with women. She said she found the pick-up lines to be witty. I told her none of that is ever funny. Johnny once got in a woman’s view, moved in close to sniff her and then said ‘You smell kind of pretty. Want to smell me?’ That is not funny. She had to be let go. She thought the misogynistic comments were funny because society pressured her to find that funny. The poor girl had no mind of her own.”

fucking San Francisco libs mentality

>its bad because i said so and you're retard woman
>>
>>15356776
Its fake anon.
>>
>>15356781

knowing CN over the last few years with them pulling more TUMBLR cartoons like adventure time and Steven's Universe

and the now bad reboot of PPG
>>
>>15354471
I don't see why they couldn't just make a different mecha-themed comedy cartoon that's like Megas.
>>
>>15356766
Or maybe have a character arc in which he grows as a person? He can still be a musclebound dude with a pompadour, just not one who propositions women on the street. I mean, the episode set on his birthday even has a woman who's genuinely into him, and he's still a vain idiot, and loses her because of it.
>>
>>15354706
Works for Harmony Gold...
>>
>>15357174
>Or maybe have a character arc in which he grows as a person? He can still be a musclebound dude with a pompadour, just not one who propositions women on the street.
But it'd lose what makes him him. Not everything needs character development and complex plotlines.
>>
>>15356669
>escaping the SJWs by going to Disney
>>
N-no...

Ask /co/ for why.
>>
File: Rape Train.webm (3MB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
Rape Train.webm
3MB, 800x448px
You guys lied to me! You said Jack is a robot killing monster. All I see him killing is squishy meat bags.
>>
File: 1490501055756.png (1MB, 2651x955px) Image search: [Google]
1490501055756.png
1MB, 2651x955px
>>15358381
>Samurai "If I see asian chicks, I'll impale them with sticks" Jack

>Samurai "If you're a teen, I'll throw you off a ravine" Jack

>Samurai "Chase me into a fog I'll throw you off a log" Jack

>"Samurai "I'll show no restrain when I let go of this chain" Jack
>>
>>15357142
I mean they could but Im not sure if people would be ok with it If it was CN that did it if it was someone else most people would call it a rip off and ignore it even if it was made by the exact same people...
>>
>>15354596
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megas_XLR#Revival
>However, in a 2014 interview George Krstic was quoted as saying - "Megas was written off as a tax loss and as such can not be exploited, at least domestically, in any way, or the network will get into some sort of tax/legal trouble."[8]
>>
>>15354465
God fuck no, that shit is hideous on every level. Genndy is a fucking hack.
>>
>>15356659
>>15356749
Johnny Bravo is a 'SJW show', if we have to give it a label.

This muscular attractive man strikes out with the ladies, because he's self absorbed and doesn't respect women as he should.

The only way to screw it up is to take it too seriously or have it too on the nose. Remember, he won out on the Give Her the D episode, because he wasn't making promises he couldn't keep.

The thing about Johnny I'd that he is into himself and kinda of ignorant, but he isn't a gigantic asshole.
>>
>>15358882
The big problem with a lot of current SJWs is that they have no eye for irony and assume everybody else must be as stupid as they are as well.
>>
>>15357142
They essentially did with Motor City. It got ignored though because Disney put it in a block for very young children.
>>
>>15360976
It was on at midnight, how is that a block for kids? Hell the main problem was they kept putting it on hiatus and changing the time it aired with little to no announcement.
>>
>>15361850
I guess I was remembering incorrectly. I think I was thinking of a different mishandled Disney cartoon.
>>
>>15354465
Keith?
>>
>>15354342
No toy potential
>>
>>15356598
They could make a parody of Johnny Bravo about a pathetic doormat self-loathing vegan wimp trying to approach women respectfully but he gets the snot kicked out of him every time.

The Right gets to laugh at a cuck and the Left gets to laugh at a "nice guy;" everybody wins.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.