[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best /m/ movies that require little to no prior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1426744255899.gif (2MB, 376x411px) Image search: [Google]
1426744255899.gif
2MB, 376x411px
What are the best /m/ movies that require little to no prior knowledge to watch? Something you could show a friend or relative and they'd enjoy it without being too lost

Gif unrelated
>>
>>15353663
Are you talking live action, one off movies, or tie ins of existing franchises?
>>
>>15353663
Patlabor 1 and 2
>>
>>15353678
>Watching Patlabor 2 without knowing a bunch of shit about the Japanese constitution
>>
>>15353663
>enjoy it without being too lost
Gundam F91
>>
Roujin-Z
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Castle in the Sky
>>
>>15353663
Just throwing stuff out regardless of "quality"
Pacific Rim, Bayformers, GitS, DYRL, Megazone 23, Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice.
>>
>>15353663
Jin-Roh
Arguably DYRL
>>
>>15353678
Bad idea SENPAI
I know because I did that
Good thing is all one needs to see is the early days OVA, which is just 7 episode long.
>>
>>15353693
Although the setting tries very hard to need nothing beyond knowing "space colonies are a thing, gundam and newtypes are a thing" the compression of squeezing an unmade tv show into a movie makes it really dependent on familiarity with tomino and gundam's themes and style to string it togehter
>>
Miyazaki is top teir for one off.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Howls moving castle
Castle in the sky
Princess mononoke
>>
Madox 01 is a standalone anime thing about a guy who accidentally gets stuck in some power armor when he needs to meet his girl for a date.
Kamen Rider ZO is a standalone live action thing about a guy who becomes a bug guy and punches monsters.
Both are each under an hour.
>>
>>15353663
OP here. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still open to more

On a side note, anyone have a good link to a torrent for the Escaflowne movie? I never got to watch it and I heard it's pretty different from the anime
>>
>>15354294
Try https://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=814071
>>
>>15354319
>2 seeds
Slowly but surely. Thank you random seeders, and thank you anon

Gonna keep hunting around for some more movies. Is Spriggan /m/? Is it any good?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.