[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or is /m/ not hyped over the upcoming Mazinger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0040.jpg (61KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0040.jpg
61KB, 848x480px
Is it just me or is /m/ not hyped over the upcoming Mazinger anime movie the way /m/ was over Shin Mazinger? We get Gundam every year but for Mazinger, it's once every blue moon. It's been more than 5 years since SKL. Robot Girls Z doesn't count.

I'm guessing Toei is turning a lot of people off, but this is a movie, so I think the animation's going to alright.
>>
>>15348696
To be alright*
>>
>>15348696
Because for Shin we knew Imagawa was coming back to save mecha anime. We still know next to nothing about this new project, there's nothing to get hyped over but a vague teaser poster.
>>
>>15348701
Most of you don't know who's directing the new Gundam either. That doesn't stop people from getting excited over the announcement.

I like Imagawa, but he doesn't have the final say on Mazinger, unlike what many of you think.
>>
No one care, it's gonna be full CGI.
>>
>Getting hyped over Mazinger after garbage like Shin and SKL
>>
>>15348696
We nothing about it yet.
>>
>>15348708
>That doesn't stop people from getting excited over the announcement.
Nobody is excited over Twilight
>>
>>15348938
>>15348947
>>15348976
Nice one Paco.
>>
File: contrast adjusted.png (891KB, 1696x559px) Image search: [Google]
contrast adjusted.png
891KB, 1696x559px
>>15348696
>>
>>15349006
WE NEED MOAR CONTRAST
>>
>>15348708
/m/ isn't nearly as excited about Twilight as they were about the initial announcement of Unicorn.

Christ i'd wager most of /m/ is wanting a continuation of Build Fighters 1 over more UC stuff right now.
>>
>>15348947
And the piece of shit Mazinkaiser
>>
>>15349025
>>15348994
>>
>>15348947
It was better than the last 5 gundam series so yeah
>>
>>15349025
Mazinkaiser was good though.
>>
>>15348708
The initial Shin Mazinger reveal (The one with the Sticky) had a full poster, character designs, and staff revealed. There was a lot more to talk about compared to "Toei's making a Mazinger movie that may or may not be live action".
>>
>>15348696
no Akabane no buy
Also, isn't it going to have a 3DCG Mazinger?
>>
>>15348947
>Getting hyped over Mazinger after garbage like the original manga and anime
>>
>>15349086
I remember that sticky. Never felt so happy like that time.
>>
>>15349468
Still better than Lazy Matsumoto
>>
>>15349086
I thought it was confirmed that it was animated
>>
>>15348696
Because it's not Shin Great.
>>
>>15348696
So I just finished Shin Mazinger. Wow that plot got overly convoluted. It's a good watch but it's most certainly a bumpy ride. I guess I gotta give it credit for having a bad end, since Kouji essentially fails.

Also it fucking annoyed the hell out of me that Kouji couldn't EXIST given the time frame. 10 years prior to the story is when his parents met despite Kouji being fucking 16. They met when Kenzo saved Tsubasa from Kedora, and they treat it like they only went about another year before Hell betrayed them and they sank Bardos. Stroheim reaffirmed this when he addresses it like Tsubasa had only been gone for a year or two.
>>
>>15350720
The plot holes are essentially the result of Imagawa deciding to get experimental by using Nagai's half-assed methods of storytelling, which consists in having no plot or structure while keeping the story going with whatever he can come up with next. It rarely works even for Nagai and that's how we got huge piles of shit such as Shutendoji and Devilman Lady. But Shin Mazinger is never offensively bad like those, just flawed.
>>
>>15350804
While a bit harsh, I do agree with your sentiments about how Nagai tells his worse stories. I think Imagawa's got a fair bit of blame in the flaws, though. Like I don't think the first episode should have been included at all, it just proved to weaken the impact of when those scenes actually happened.

If I ever recommend Shin to someone I'm telling them to skip the first episode.
>>
>>15350841
>Like I don't think the first episode should have been included at all, it just proved to weaken the impact of when those scenes actually happened.

I agree. It doesn't help that some scenes from it never actually appear in the show. It was a bad idea all along.
>>
>>15349016
That's because we know what's going to happen.

>Feds going to be corrupt
>Noble or hard-done Zeeks meet ex-Zeeks
>GMs will never get a good scene.
>>
>>15348696
cg lol
>>
>>15350857
>It doesn't help that some scenes from it never actually appear in the show
Well the scenes with the Dark Emperor are either supposed to be a (dropped) plot line, an intended sequel that they will never get, or just a bad ending and that Kouji failed. Since they are never getting a sequel I think it's set as a bad end.

Also everyone hyped up Boss Borot in this but it had one fight and it was literally a worthless fight that meant nothing because Asura was a double/triple agent.
>>
>>15350804
Devilman Lady is a masterpiece, go back to tumblr, Pedro
>>
>>15348696
I'm hyped simply because it'll be the easiest way to get into Mazinger
>>
>>15350720
The event where tsubasa met kenzo goes further back than 10 years. When bardos sunk, that was 10 years. Kouji was 6. There were several expeditions to bardos.
>>
>>15350841
The first episode is what got me into Mazinger, so no.
>>
>>15349012

Just noticed this awful trend in digipaint anime where the contrast is so low. Look at those "shadows". Look how they're just grey.
>>
>>15348947
Oh wow the real Spic returns
>>
>>15350935
Stroheim makes that not make sense since he talks about Tsubasa being gone for only a couple years but not extremely long. The scenes showing their time on Bardos also never insinuates they leave at any point and actually portrays it as all their discoveries happened in quick succession. The sense of time passing during these Bardos flash backs is really distorted, but that could be attributed to Imagawa's preference for rapid fire story pace.

>>15350942
For the actual narrative of the entire show it's horrible. I guess it's an alright eye catch to get someone interested but it's a poor introduction into Mazinger since it largely focused on Kurogane 5, Mazinger Army, and other characters that either don't exist or don't matter in Mazinger. I find it overall bizarre how much of Shin Mazinger just doesn't focus on Kouji at all.
>>
>>15350804
>got huge piles of shit such as Shutendoji
WROOOOONGG
>>
>>15350915
Right after you, Juan.
>>
>>15351015
They didn't live on bardos. I mean energer z went from prototype to fully ready. It's obvious that excavating an entire island would take time.
>>
>>15351131
>They didn't live on bardos
No but they apparently stayed at the dig site the entire time because Stroheim wasn't able to see Tsubasa the entire time they were digging up Bardos, and when he did see her was after the island was sunk.
>>
>>15351048
>The entire plot mixing random Oni shenanigans, evil Buddhists, robots from the future an time travel are only the fruit of imagination of the protagonist's retarded mother.

Yeah, it was shit. The plot was already a mess before. But that was one of the most forced bullshit endings ever conceived by man.
>>
remember that time baron asura won
>>
>>15351146
Or maybe tsubasa stopped seeing him after kenzo?? You're assuming a lot of things. The bardos expedition didn't seem it was done overnight.
>>
>>15351152
Go back to plebbit
>>
>>15351161
Remember that time when Brocken had conquered the Photon Lab but Asura came in because he was butthurt Brocken was getting all the glory and fucked everything up?
>>
>>15351175
She didn't see Stroheim until after an betrayal because Juuzo was already missing his eye. The Bardos expedition took a while, but Imagawa portrayed the actual discovery, raising, and sinking of Bardos happened in fairly rapid succession. Stroheim talked about the expedition like it was only a few years, and Kenzo didn't meet Tsubasa until Kedora which was towards the end of the expedition with Energer Z being half done. Unless they just took a break for 6 years it makes no sense that Kouji was conceived during that time.
>>
>>15348696
>expecting hype after Shin Flopzinger soured everyone's expectations
>>
>>15351152
The ending was the only good part you fucking trash. The ending elevates the whole damn thing
>>
I want more SKL.

I want to see the horse motorcycle.

Get 44 Magnum, Anthem, Bow Wow and Earthshaker on the soundtrack.
>>
>>15355182
>>15354959
>>15351152
Stop shitting Mazinger threads up with your autism please.
>>
>>15349512
It has.

>>15348696
The unveiling at animeJapan is in like 12 hours, I'd wait to decry /m/ as not caring until after.
>>
>>15348696
Every new Gundam is a different flavor of ice cream. Every new Mazinger is the same flavor with a different topping.
>>
>>15355731
>It has.
I'd take live action of an entirely CGshit movie. If it's CGshit, I'm probably skipping it.
>>
Trailer leaked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c16cB4gU3Qk

Series Director: Yasuhiro Imagawa
Story Board: Nishimori, Akira
Key Animation: Masabi, Obari, Abe, Munetaka
Editing: Seki, Kazuhiko
Theme song "Mazin Rise Again" By Mizuki, Ichirou featuring Jam Project.
Executive Producer: Watanabe, Shigeru
Produced by Toei animation, Bandai Visual, Bee Media and Dynamic Pro.
>>
>>15356081
>Imagawa, obari and Nishimori
>Aniki returning

IS THIS THE MAZINGER WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR?
>>
>>15356081
>cel-shaded CG

Ew.

>but dat motion and brutality

I might be able to live with it.
>>
>>15356092
B-b-but CGI
>>
>>15356081
>That CG
Oh come on, it looks like a fucking intro movie for a PS2 game.
>>
>>15356081
I don't think this is real and definitely hope it's not. This looks like absolute shit, you hear me response, and the action looked extremely weightless. The brutality and the song are good, but it just doesn't even look fully rendered.

I'm calling fake.
>>
>>15356138
But the staff might make the show enjoy able.
>>
>>15356081
This looks like it was from 2003. Hell, MTV's Spiderman series looked better.
>>
>>15356151
I am one with a low threshold for animation and can accept pretty bad animation, this is enjoyment ruining if it were true.

I have zero belief that this is real. If Imagawa is directing the action epiphany be this floaty and weightless with no impact to the blows. Also there is no chance that a Mazinger movie would have such a tiny budget that it looks this shitty. None of this adds up.
>>
>>15356081
This looks weird.
>>
>>15356081
Loved it, they way this mazinger moves is something that I never watched, hope they can do a lot better when it is released.
>>
>>15356081
>old Animetal cover
that's odd
>>
File: C7uk9G4V4AANi7F.jpg:large.jpg (159KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C7uk9G4V4AANi7F.jpg:large.jpg
159KB, 750x1000px
>>15356081
Fake
>>
this board is fucking stupid, it's just sad
>>
>>15356362
This.

Holy fuck.
>>
>>15356362
Why?
>>
>>15356386
Because some of you thought it was real.

Too many red flags about this video, but we don't even have to go to the contents of the video itself to know it's fake (Animetal, super long trailer, no title card etc) but here's the biggest one: this video was released on March 23. Mazinger's event is tomorrow. (25th)

Not to mention the staff list that makes no sense. Dynamic Pro is the manga studio. He should have written Dynamic Planning instead to make it more believable. Also, series director Imagawa? We're dealing with a movie here, not a series.

This was a pretty poor attempt at appearing legit.
>>
>>15356450
Well this is Toei Animation. Everything is possible.
>>
>>15356450
>Mazinger's event is tomorrow. (25th)
Today actually at 6PM EST
>>
>>15356913
mispoke yeah
>>
>>15348696
Because Imagawa taught us our lesson for getting hype with Shin
>>
>>15357099
ESL
>>
Get your assholes ready

website is updating

http://www.mazinger-z.jp/
>>
>>15357107
>ESL
Is this the new word for autist? It doesn't even make sense. It's yet another way to attack someone's argument that you just don't like, just with some typos or grammar mistakes added in.
>>
>>15357099
that he delivered a great show?
>>
>>15357141
sup juan
>>
>>15356541
fanmade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKdsPs2aZPc
>>
Presentation should have started.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOjKYojaJOM

>Major production staff was also announced at the same time this time. Directed by Mr. Atsuko Shimizu who is a proficient scholar who works for hits on Toei animation work such as "ONE PIECE episode of chopper +". Screenplay is Takahiro Ozawa (Tokyo Sea Box) 's Mr. Takahiro Ozawa. Mechanic design is Mr. Noriyuki Yanase such as "Ghost in the Shell Arise" and "Gundam 00".
>It is noteworthy how to revive the former Mazinger Z to the present age. Character design is Hiroya Iijima, art is "Gundam" series, GREEN "Eureka Seven AO" is in charge.

http://www.anime-recorder.com/ArticleDetail.aspx?seq_no=12026

Otherwise basically no info. They announced the cast they already announced, they announced a release date has been decided but didn't announce it and that.
>>
>>15358408
Not crabstick article but still ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-26/new-mazinger-z-anime-film-stars-showtaro-morikubo-ai-kayano/.113955
>>
>>15356081
This teaser is a work-in-progress, obviously...at least two passes from a final. Get a grip.
>>
>>15358408
That's some blue balling right there. Way to go Toei.

They haven't even decided on the title, or revealed anything about it other than the staff, which does look like your typical Toei staff. How exciting.

The teaser basically showed nothing. Thank god for the Devilman announcement, because I wouldn't be able to deal with Toei's bullshit otherwise.
>>
So we waited for absolutely nothing. Damn...
>>
>>15359029
Pretty much. It's a huge anime convention and they had the world looking at them.

And they release this pathetic excuse of a teaser.

What a waste of an event. And to think I was seriously looking forward to this back in January.
>>
I mean it's cool they had Mazinger Kachou on stage, but they could have also brought on the cast of Robot Girls Z as well.
>>
So nothing? Do we know if it's even CGshit or not?
>>
>>15359637
Mazinger is in CG.

>>15358408
>>
>>15359645
Fuck you Toie, you're not getting my money. Fuck you and your CG shit.
>>
>>15359653
The CG doesn't look bad though.

Toei is one of the leading studios when it comes to CG. Just look at the production values on Captain Harlock.
>>
>>15359655
No. If I'm paying to see a Mazinger movie, I want a big and badass hand drawn robot. I don't want "Aw come on, it's not THAT bad. Just sit back and watch it replace the medium you love!"

I hope the movie bombs. Fuck them.
>>
>>15359686
>I want a big and badass hand drawn robot
Toei doesn't have any talented 2d mecha animators.
>>
>>15359750
God forbid they hire a veteran freelancer and train some new guys, right?
>>
>>15359686
Yeah, 2D is the best.
>>
>>15359686
How about you eat a dick you entitled piece of shit
>>
>>15360163
>Entitled
How is it entitled? If there's shit I like, I'll happily throw fat wads of cash at them. If they try to phase out the animation I've grown to love, I won't give them a single yen. That's how capitalism works.
>>
>>15360171
You're entitled because you want this movie to fail because it doesn't appeal you. If you don't like it, fine, don't pay money, but move along. No need to act like an autist.
>>
>>15360380
If it were a standalone, sure. It's not. It's part of an established franchise and it's fucking it in the ass. I want it to fail so they can stop investing in garbage. Go cry somewhere else that not everyone is willing to lower their standards like you are. And you still used the word entitlement objectively incorrectly. I suggest you try a dictionary.
>>
Mazinger was never good.
>>
>>15360555
Still better than Lazy Matsumoto
>>
>>15360555
Shin and Zero are ok
>>
>>15360489
>go cry somewhere else
That's funny you say that, because you're the one crying like a little bitch because you didn't get what you want.

Just stop acting like an autistic child. Just stop. I know you're doing it on purpose but this fake outrage doesn't really foster any good discussion and overall you're just being an annoying twat of the sake of it.
>>
>>15360580
All of Mazinger is ok. People can stop this fake outrage. It gets old really fast.
>>
>>15360620
Even the manga. Well maybe not the Ota ones. I kid, I kid.
>>
File: cast.jpg (283KB, 563x857px) Image search: [Google]
cast.jpg
283KB, 563x857px
>>15360580
Actually, the original Nagai manga was awesome. It was interrupted in Shonen Jump but later on the first volume of the Great Mazinger manga the final fight (with Mazinger army and Gordon Hell) is present. So Z manga is concluded and is nice.
Then we have Great and Grendizer manga which are pretty bad. But I would have loved to read (or watch) the intended conclusion to Koji's story, God Mazinger.
Plus, the original concept of Great was awesome (and it was called God Mazinger at that time)
>>
>>15360574
That's not something to be proud of if both are shit.

>>15360580
No.

>>15360620
>All of Mazinger is ok.
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>15360663
Yeah but they're still both better than Ishinomori
>>
>>15359686
>If I'm paying to see a Mazinger movie
Except you wouldn't have paid for it anyways you little shit. It's a teaser and the CG looked alright but it's difficult to judge how a movies CG will look until you see it in action. I'm not saying this looks amazing, I'm saying there's almost nothing here to judge what the movie is gonna look or be .
>>
>>15360611
I'm going to assume you're this retard
>>15360620
as well, and just tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>15360880
Except I live in Tokyo and see anime movies whenever they're good, you fucking idiot. There's plenty to judge, it's CG. That's it. There are no good CG robots, especially not from a manga/anime series. They will get none of my money.
>>
>>15361085
>They will get none of my money.
Nobody cares you autistic fuck.

You disgusting nips deserve a third atomic bomb dropped on your ass.
>>
>>15360656
>Actually, the original Nagai manga was awesome.

No. Not really, but ok.
>>
>>15360701
Wrong.
>>
>>15361537
>You weren't going to pay anyways
>Yes I was
>Fuck you! I don't care!
You're aggressively retarded.
>>
>>15361754
>>15361759
>>15361763
that wall can't be built soon enough, pueblo
>>
>>15348696
I'm hyped about new Devilman, but I'm not sure if it's /m/.
>>
>>15361763
Sounds like I hit a nerve.

Kill yourself. You'll do this world a huge favour.
>>
>>15348696
>upcoming Mazinger anim
huh?
>>
>>15362015
>Say a stupid thing
>Be objectively wrong
>"F-Fuck you! I don't care!"
Sounds like you're a retarded.

Guess what? Neither I, nor my friends are going to waste money on that CGshit. Go ahead and cry more.
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.