[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /m/, can we talk about the ending of Orguss? What the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

So /m/, can we talk about the ending of Orguss? What the fuck happened?
>>
>>15344033

Well when a man and women love each other very much they do a special "hug"
>>
>>15344033
Yeah why is Akira Kushida a gypsy?
>>
>>15344033
Kei and Olson kill themselves and set the timeline back in order.
But they don't fix everything so Orguss 02
>>
But like, whats with all the variants that we see in that ending montage? Did they create a multiverse or something?
>>
>>15345549
My interpretation is they reseparate the universe into new parallel universes different than the ones who merged in the first place, with different scenarios happening. Like how when you "repair" something it's never truly like the original thing. Like Mohme and Kei being Emarns and together. The last shot showing Kei Mimsy and their baby together implies the current world they were in still exists as well and that Kei and Olson managed to go back.
I haven't watched Orguss 2 yet.

I think Orguss is a very good story and deserves more recognition.
>>
File: 2pra4na.jpg (364KB, 1250x770px) Image search: [Google]
2pra4na.jpg
364KB, 1250x770px
>>15345861
>I think Orguss is a very good story and deserves more recognition.

I wanted to like it. I really did. But it's honestly the biggest example of squandered potential that I've seen.

It is among the few shows out that there that could actually really benefit from a remake/re-imagining just to explore the great ideas it presented more because it droned on way too long over love triangle nonsense and aimless motw stuff.

Sadly, that opportunity has long been left behind, which is ironic because dumping skirt chasers into alternate universes seems to be all the rage these days and it would be nice to see a story that takes that basic premise into a more erratic direction.
>>
>>15344033
They went back to confront themselves and the resulting time shit resulted in people going back to their own dimensions where they showed all the different ways the characters turned out.
>>
>>15347815
I agree to a certain extent, but I wouldn't say it's that bad. It's only 35 episodes. And in my opinion some of the random motw episodes or random dimensional quake of the week episodes were good, recycled animations aside.
>>
OP here. I really did like Orguss. The characters were great and it was always interesting to see what they would come across next. The only thing lacking was that the enemy grunt mechs were just a pair of flying legs.
>>
File: Flashback 2062.png (450KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
Flashback 2062.png
450KB, 639x480px
Just finished watching Orguss 02. It's kind of amazing how much better it is than the original even with those silly dubtitles. If you already liked the original, you have all the more reason to check it out!
>>
>>15345861
I'm dumb, forgot to mention something I already noticed sometimes ago contradicting my own theory: That last shot might be another universe as well and not implying that Kei and Olson got back, as the Kei in that shot seems to have Emarn antennas.
>>15352498
I'll try watching it soon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.