[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a Celestial Being analog sought to interfere in the OYW, whether

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Celestial_Being_Logo.png (149KB, 747x800px) Image search: [Google]
Celestial_Being_Logo.png
149KB, 747x800px
If a Celestial Being analog sought to interfere in the OYW, whether it be right at the start or half-way through, how would the story of UC turned out differently?
Would Gihren have set aside his lust for power to consider his father's pleas of compromise?
Would the Earth Federation likewise have sought peace sooner than later, in the face of an overwhelming third party?
More interestingly, how would such a group seek to disrupt conflict between the two? Especially considering the scale of the OYW.

Like I said though, Celestial Being analogs, so not necessarily Setsuna and crew.
Merely an organization with a vast gap in technological, tactical, and informational advantage.
>>
Too many variables to even consider.
Might as well write an all new story.
>>
>>15340608
I doubt they would have achieved nearly as much. Zeon and the Federation were both in a state of total war and their military might was absolutely enormous, and the war was taking place in massive theaters all over Earth and in orbit. No Celestial Being-like group would be able to have a significant effect without partisan high-impact actions like assassinations, destroying industrial areas (and therefore killing civilians), attacking weapons development projects, etc.

In AD the conflict between the three superpowers was mainly regional proxy wars fought between rebels and other rebels, or rebels and the military of one of the other superpowers. That means they could make massive changes in only a single battle as the forces they were engaging were much smaller. The massive military operations of the OYW would be far too massive in size for them to have any effect.
>>
>>15340642
This. Most they'd do is maybe avert a few tragedies like the colony drop
>>
What kind of tech gap? Are we importing exotic tech from other AUs or are we using late-UC (beam shields et.al) as a template?

Because Zakus and Jims with simple ballistic weaponry are perfectly capable of annihilating even late U.C. Gundams.

And if these were Thunderbolt or Origin Zakus they wil literallyl dance around and humiliate the everloving fuck out of Victory-era MS.
>>
A CB-esque group is like excising a tumor on a corpse. The entire UC timeline is quite literally Veda's ultimate BAD END scenario with mankind not learning anything after fucking off to expand into space.

Nothing fucking helped. Not Newtypes, not heroes like Amuro, and certainly not idealogues like Deikun. The best thing that can happen will be the ELS invading to finally put humanity out of its misery.
>>
>>15340642

This guy knows what's up.

Though, what are your thoughts on CB interfering in the battle of Al Bao Que? Do their CB machines present enough of a force multiplier to stop the Feddie forces or alter the outcome?
>>
>>15340660

Intervene on Zeon's behalf? Right after Gihren committed an atrocity with the Solar ray? That's a bit like helping the Nazis.

At any rate, the battle of A Bao Qu was massive. Entire sidestories have taken place just in that one battle. Dozens of powerful MAs and Gundams have been deployed, only to be lost in the fog of war. It is a battle that is truly epic in scope.

Five more Gundams will just add to the bodycount.
>>
>>15340660
Wouldn't have changed anything. A Baoa Qu was one of the largest battles of the war, and like >>15340678 said, CB would have just been another few advanced mobile suits in a sea of tens of thousands of mass-produced suits. Unless they did something like a very fast strike directly at Gihren or Kycilia, or directly targeted another high-profile unit like the Zeong, Gundam, White Base, or whatever (again, partisan actions which they avoided), nothing would have changed.
>>
>>15340659
UC is sad state of affairs
>>
>>15340660
>>15340678
Celestial Being tended to weigh in against whichever side actually threw the first punch (followed by the other side if they didn't get the hint), since their remit was military violence, so depending on when they entered, odds are they'd have been fighting against Zeon more than the Fedaration.
>>
>>15340642
CB might even use all of its resources to annihilate both sides and become the new Titans of that era, until ELS comes to fuck their shit out.

CB will more become what Ribbons have envisioned and not like Aeolia or Setsuna.
>>
>>15341215
I'm not even sure they could manage that. We saw in show that CB could be pinned down by mobile suits with more or less traditional weapons. It took the trinities showing up to save them. They don't have the communication disabling advantage in UC it already exists. Now they're dealing with suits with proper beams on top of losing one of their main advantages. A Zerg rush of Jims or zeon suits more advanced than a Zaku would be a huge problem.
>>
>>15341402
OP here
That's why I said CB analogs. Not even considering the suits fielded by CB, just a hypothetical entity with a vast advantage in all fields.
Think late UC in the OYW kinda deal. Or even AotTB CB units.

but yeah, the OYW really is too vast to "interfere with" with only such a small crew.
They probably would go for the political assassinations as mentioned by that other anon; but then it just becomes a question of how the OYW would have turned out if Gihren was murdered before he gave his rousing speech at Garma's funeral.
I could definitely see them attacking weapons productions sites as well.
>>
>>15340608
If you're refering to the rainbow UNDERSTANDING wave crap from the end of S2 no it fails hard because OYW doesn't do the magical UNDERSTANDING crap later Gundam series love. Do for OYW i'd guess Setsuna fires off his hippy aura and it falls flat due the fact you can understand someones point of view and motivations AND NOT AGREE with them while in 00 understanding = 100% agreement.

Unless it's Unicorn in which case Banana fits right in with them.
>>
>>15341630
Even if they take out the leaders it won't do shit.

How many Neo Zeon's did we get after Char trimmed the Zabi family tree?

Killing Federation leaders would be even less effective due to the endemic corruption problem they have you'd be replaceing asshole A with asshole B, Same shit but B has a different tie.
>>
>>15341756
UC really was a shitshow wasn't it

>>15341735
Not what I was aiming at, at all. Plus Setsuna would probably be straight up murdering fools left and right.
>>
>>15341771
Considering what a fool Setsuna himself is....

OYW is the worst kind of eviroment for him because noones going to give two shits about what he has to say and if he tries the shit he and CB pulled before they'll get dogpiled with no Trinity bailout.
>>
>>15341785
So you just hate 00 and don't understand Setsuna at all. Ok cool beans.

also read my other post: >>15341630
>Think late UC in the OYW kinda deal. Or even AotTB CB units.
>>
>>15341824
For the entirity of S1 he's a fool, S2 he turns quite literally into a super man.
>>
>>15341826
Yeah and at no point does he attempt to dissuade soldiers from fighting via Innovator shenanigans (Except that one time where he protects Louise I think).
He only did that with the ELS because he wanted to know their intentions.
>>
>>15340703

Thats what happens when you refuse to let a franchise die and just keep clogging up the timeline with more wars. Eventually you reach a tipping point where any sense of accomplishment for the protagonists is a sham because this is a prequel to a sequel and you already know in advance that like a year and a half after this 3 million more people die in another chapter of the same bloody conflict.
>>
As said before UC is so vast that the CB organization would all have to have like Turn A level Gundams with Eva AT fields and Ideon Swords and teleportation.
>>
>>15342070

Just like real life!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.