[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watching zeta for the first time and i have a serious question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Watching zeta for the first time and i have a serious question.

Why do the Titans use so many zeon mobile suits?
>>
File: nona poopltoon.png (501KB, 719x537px) Image search: [Google]
nona poopltoon.png
501KB, 719x537px
>>15340143
I also find this shit hard to follow, if i look away for a moment i look back wondering whats going on? who's that character?

am i dumb?
>>
File: 1377263255410.jpg (239KB, 510x728px) Image search: [Google]
1377263255410.jpg
239KB, 510x728px
>>15340143
>Why do the Titans use so many zeon mobile suits?

It's literally just the Hi-Zack, Marasai and Galbaldy that share the Zeon aesthetic verbatim. Having a mono-eye does not automatically make it a Zeek suit.
And I fail to see anything resembling a Byarlant, Gabthley, Hambrabi or Bound Doc in Zeon ranks.
>>
>>15340143
After Zeon lost the war, many Zeek engr's lost their jobs. Anaheim hired them and they could only design Zeek suits. Also the meta explanation was that you would know who the bad guys were.
>>
>>15340189
Personally, I always thought the Bound Doc was just a finished (and upgraded) Zeong.
>>
>>15340143
1) It makes them look more evil, and helps to blur the lines between the genocidal spacenoids of MS:G and the genocidal earthnoids of Zeta.

2) The GM and other "feddie" suits were under the control of companies like Anaheim and the central Federation bureaucracy; the Titans ran their own facilities and, in space, the easiest thing was to just appropriate all the leftover Zeon stuff. Remember that they took over A Boa Que, making it one of their main bases. Gate of Zedan or whatever the fuck they called it.

3) There's a historical precedent; the Titans are doing what the victors of WW2 did with Nazi tech, using it for themselves. The Zeonic MA tech is clearly represented in the Titans transformables like the Asshimar, Baund Doc, Hambrarbi, and Byarlant. The Psycho are definitely a good mix of traditional Feddie and Zeon influences.
>>
>>15340234
They're not even the same size. The Baund Doc doesn't have any of the Zeong's weapons either.
>>
>>15340239
>The GM and other "feddie" suits were under the control of companies like Anaheim and the central Federation bureaucracy
What are you talking about? Anaheim developed the Hizack, Marasai, and Rick Dias which are all monoeye suits with heavy Zeon influence. Nemo outwardly resembles the GM II but the internals are said to be closer to Zeon style engineering according to the latest books (and to make the episode where the AEUG fixes up a Gelgoog with Nemo parts make a bit more sense).
>>
>>15340257
Anaheim integrated Zeonic and other Principality companies, that's true, and took on a bunch of their engineers. However, Anaheim did not build all those Titans transformables that are clearly predicated on Zeek technology; instead, those came from places like the Oakland Newtype Lab that were run by the Titans. They also manufactured the RX-178-2s in Side 7 on their own, independent of Anaheim. They clearly build their own shit, for the most part, and launch their own ships. The Alexandria class being one of their productions.

To be honest, I didn't really think of the HiZack and Marasai before typing that; honestly figured they were mostly made w/ spare parts by Anaheim.... sort-of like how you can buy a "brand new" Delorean.
>>
>>15340234
>>15340245
If anything, the Zeong seems more finished than the Baund Doc. The Zeong's hand mega-particle cannons make infinitely more sense despite how outwardly silly they are compared to the Baund Doc's "gun on a stick-arm out the porthole" beam scattergun and beam rifle.
It screams either laziness or incompetence at turning Wile E. Coyote into a mecha and tacking on an ACME gun that comes out of him.
>>
>>15340307
What combat role is the Baund Doc even for, anyways?

Like, okay, the Psyco is clearly a fortress-style MA, like the Big Zam, most of the Zeonic MAs are clearly meant to run interference and interception, and the Zeong can alternate between tanking groups of enemies and hit & run tactics with those detachable mega particle cannon hands.

Where does the Baund Doc fit into a battle strategy? What value does the MS mode add on to its MA function? I literally have no idea how a designer came up with it.
>>
>>15340351
It literally doesn't, other than maybe as a generic high end unit. The Titans threw a lot of money at a wide range of stuff, even moreso when you take Advance of Zeta's designs into account.
>>
>>15340161
Standard response to Zeta
>>
>>15340143
Like after WW2 the Americans and the Soviets stole all the German technology
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.