[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Gundam so in love with the 50 + episode format? There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: gundams-01-497x500.jpg (241KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
gundams-01-497x500.jpg
241KB, 497x500px
Why is Gundam so in love with the 50 + episode format?

There's almost never enough story to justify the length. Almost all of the tv series could have been done in half the length just fine.
>>
File: rn7uS4q.jpg (24KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
rn7uS4q.jpg
24KB, 300x297px
>>15338381
>>
>>15338381
Toy shilling. In any case, AGE's failure has had an effect on this with some of the recent shows, so they might stop using that format completely.
>>
>>15338381
3 cours imo is best suited for Gundam shows, 0079 got it right.
>>15338394
you'd think, but then there's IBO which has no business being so long.
>>
>>15338381
You say this yet the short length of G-Reco left it too compressed to be understandable.
>>
0079, G, and 00 ( though this got ruined in the 2nd season) were the only times it felt justified to me.
>>
advertisement is all about exposure
Gundam only stays relevant because they keep constantly putting out new shit
>>
>>15338381
A full year of toys anon
>>
>>15338394
You mean selling. Toy selling would be the correct term, considering that everyone that watches Gundam knows that the toys are for the show.
>>
>>15338446
S2 was fine. That meme needs to stop.
>>
>>15338617
aliens
>>
>>15338622
My fetish.
>>
>>15338381
Because those tend to have the best entries despite what WitP fans like wrongfully spout.
>>
>>15338880
A 50-episode 0080 would be loaded to fucking hell with filler episodes and probably focus way more on Al being an obnoxious shit-kid. War in the Pocket does what it needs to do and closes up neatly, which is fine.

Part of the problem is likely that most Gundam shows just don't have very complex plots. There's very rarely some big mystery to explore and new characters don't show up that often, so episodes tend to be populated by mundane serial shit like "[Random Civvy Asshole] decides to hang out with [The Enemy Faction] for a day. [Side Character A] and [Side Character B] have an argument. [Enemy Commander] gets e-mailed a schematic for a new Mobile Suit." Then the last eight minutes are spent on a skirmish where nobody of consequence is injured or killed and bam, roll credits.

Interestingly, as >>15338417 points out, Reconguista has the opposite problem, where it tries to blast through a remarkably intricate plot in ~30 episodes with very mixed results. You can't even blame the toyfags, since it chews through designs like candy and roughly half of them end up doing nothing.
>>
>>15338617
By itself it was barely better than SEED.
Compared to S1?
Ohohoho hell no.
>>
>>15338417

This. I like G-Reco, but it was just trying to cram too much story in to a 24 episode series. It would have benefited from having more episodes.
>>
>>15338446
>0079
Much closer to three cours
>>
They have the episode count but use them terribly. Just once I'd like the final battle to NOT be in the final episode. Give us a whole episode, or even two of post-war cooldown. Not fucking 3-5 minutes.
>>
>>15342992
Or like Apocalypto use the Developers Manga, show the struggle of Zeonic to get the Zaku contract and the last bit being a big "You know what happens next, and it isn't good."

Or, have a five episode kick ass epic battle at the beginning and have the rest be a slow rebuild of society using Mechs to help rebuild.
>>
>>15338381
The Extreme is so fucking ugly
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.