[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Misa loved Hikaru. But did Hikaru love Misa? Or was he just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Misa loved Hikaru. But did Hikaru love Misa? Or was he just settling for her?
>>
My take on it is they were both infatuated with someone else. Misa, being older and thus more mature than him, simply realized first that the feelings that she had towards Kaifun got her nowhere, as they had no future together; she waited until Hikaru came around on his own, but of course, he was either too dense or/and emotionally handicapped. On top of all he had no Roy to rely on for advice.
Hikaru realizes at the end of the series that even though he'd always love Minmay, she wasn't meant to be his wife. And once Misa actually said what he neglected to realize (either too stupid or afraid to let Minmay go) he realized that he did have feelings for her too, and that she actually was someone he could share a life with.
And Claudia saw that miles away and was the first one to realize it, way before the other two did. To be honest, supporting characters might be the best thing about Macross. In any case, though I might be wrong, I see Hikaru's tail as someone who chooses a true, mature and grounded love towards someone who he could share a life with instead of a very intense youth love that ultimately would get him nowhere and had no ground on reality. As a good Shounen, one of Macross' underlying motifs is about growing up. And it doesn't happen only with Hikaru and Misa, it also happens with Minmay, not only as a character (finally realizing as well that her love for Hikaru was her fear to letting go of his anchor to her childhood) but also as a singer (compare Ai wa Nagareru or Yasashisa no Sayonara with 0-G Love and Watashi no kare wa pilot, there's a huge difference not only in the elaboration level of the music but also in the depth of the lyrics). And there's also the growing up of humanity as a whole, leaving the crib (Earth) to conquer space.
>>
>>15336738
well the thread got fucking nailed right off the bat by this god

SDF Macross is the best
>>
>>15336580
Their getting together felt bittersweet and I can only feel happy when looking at it though Misa's eyes. On a whole, Hikaru wasn't worthy of someone as mature and understanding as Misa.

She waited so long for him to shape up; being in love with him even though he constantly kept being an indecisive shit while watch Minmay jerk his chain around because she could.

Then, when she finally decides it's in her best interest to just let them be; after being worn down by all the grief that Hikaru (and Minmay by proxy) had put her through, that's the moment Hikaru decides to come around. Only when he's about to lose her forever is he finally willing to make a decision.

Had the ship not been leaving the Earth forever and Hikaru not been put on the spot right there, I bet this bullshit would have continued for eternity.

I know this is going to sound generic but I really wish there had been another possible love interest for Misa. Maybe then Hikaru would have learned to appreciate her more and realize that it's possible for another guy to take a person you so easily take for granted. If nothing else, it might have at least expedited this stupid plot.

>Inb4 Kai
I never saw that fucking retard as a serious threat to Minmay and Hikaru.

Also, this is what happens when you have a show go on for far too long. I can't remember how many times it seemed like Hikaru would realize that Minmay was a twat and start dating Misa, only for Minmay to show up sometime later and ditch Misa.
>>
SDF is a bit ambiguous but DYRL I believe they truly loved each other
>>
>>15337611
>I can't remember how many times it seemed like Hikaru would realize that Minmay was a twat and start dating Misa, only for Minmay to show up sometime later and ditch Misa.
THAT

FUCKING

SCARF
>>
>>15337611
>Also, this is what happens when you have a show go on for far too long.
Well, when they really got into making Macross, the producers said they wanted around 26 episodes. So they planned everything for 26 episodes. When the rating of the first 2 episodes arrived the producers lost their shit and told them to do 36. That's why Macross has so many pacing issues, so many chapters with the shittiest animation (they had no time to do it themselves so they had to outsource to cheap animators).
>>
>>15336580
In Robotech II Lisa and Rick are just fine. I guess they loved each other.
>>
>>15339216
What the christ is robotech 2, the part they adapted out of southern cross?
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
>>15343019
No it is the sequel to Robotech and better than any Macross series since
>>
>>15343036
holky fuck those chins
>>
>>15343036
What the fuck is with this art? What the fuck is with her hair?
>>
>>15343036
download where?
>>
>>15343036
AND WE AT MACROSSX.COM ALL LAUGHING
>>
>>15343036
Ah The Sentinels. You are cursed in every visual media you touch, but at least your novels were reasonably good.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.