[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well would the Dendrobium have done if it was fielded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: latest.jpg (14KB, 200x147px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
14KB, 200x147px
How well would the Dendrobium have done if it was fielded in the Gryps conflict?
>>
>>15325053
Someone post some nice artwork of this beast because OP clearly doesn't have any
>>
Depends on which side fielded it. The Dendrobium was designed to be a defensive weapon designed to guard large space stations, and important space colonies. It would go out, SMASH the enemy fleet, then return to the station for repair, and resupply. Huge Benefit, but huge cost.

If it was the AEUG, they had more competent pilots, but I seriously doubt the AEUG's ability to keep it resupplied and maintained for more than a few battles. The AEUG was a smaller private space fleet that functioned mainly on private donations from wealthy individuals, and companies like Anaheim Electronics. Their main ships were refitted Salamis classes (With a few high end ships like the Argama). They like to use cheap (but effective) suits that are easy to maintain like the Nemo. (More expensive machines are reserved for skilled pilots.)

A pilot returns back to the hangar in Nemo with a blown off mechanical arm and leg? No problem! Just pull off a spare arm and leg from another Nemo! Send it back in record time. But the Dendrobium is a specialty machine and a completely different maintenance beast. It probably uses a ton of ammo (and drains the ship's ammo reserves faster), and uses a ton of fuel (is a gas guzzler). After one or two major fleet battles, I can see the mechanics on the AEUG ship starting to complain that it's getting hard to maintain it since they don't get regular resupplies as often.

I can totally see a Titans pilot maybe getting a lucky shot on the I-Field generator, and disabling it. Then when the Dendrobium returns, the ship mechanic goes "Well...we can't repair it here, we don't have the parts. The guys at Anaheim could fix it, but we dunno when we'll see them again anytime soon. So you're gonna have to use the Stamen only for a while. We're also running low on missile ammo so stop shooting so many missiles!"

I doubt the ability of the AEUG fleet to keep the Dendrobium going for long, since they are basically a donation fleet with a several strong ace pilots.
>>
>>15325087

(continued)

If the TITANS used it, I could see them not having that many issues with resupplying it. The Titans were a larger more well funded organization that had a fleet on space and forces on earth. But dragging the Dendrobium around is still a heavy resource drain.

Depending on the Titans leadership that day, they might drag the Dendrobium with their fleet as a part of some zany ill-thought out plan to take out the Argama. Then get foiled at the last minute by some heroic AEUG act, like Kamille sacraficing himself and wave rider crashing with zeta gundam into the Dendrobium (disabling it).

If the Titans leadership were smart that particular day, they would instead assign the Dendrobium to GUARD (as it was designed to do) the Colony Laser or the Titan's space base "The Gate of Zedan" (The captured Zeon asteroid base formerly known as A Baou Que). That way the Dendrobium is still effective, but still near the heavy duty facilities it needs to stay repaired and properly maintained. I doubt the AEUG could have taken the Colony Laser nearly as easily with the Dendrobium guarding it.

Pilot wise - Ace Titan pilots on average were never as good as the AEUG's best. Maybe Yazan (I'm gonna violate you!) is the best, but he is pretty unstable. I'd probably assign the Dendrobium to a competent pilot who is loyal to the Titans (so they dont run off with the Dendrobium and give it to the AEUG), and doesn't have a crazy vendetta (like Jerid) and waste the Destrobium chasing down a single enemy when it should be focused on destroying fleets.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Hope this helps.
>>
>>15325087
It's role and design is fine, as in highly mobile weapon arsenal with ejectable mobile suit is a timeless design. Its fatal problem is that its weapons are completely outdated by that time. Maybe not for individual mobile suits, but as a gigantic, super expensive mobile weapon platform, its weapons simply doesn't cut it. It needs newer beam weapons. It needs bits, or incoms. It needs updated, delayed birdshot rockets and it needs smarter missiles.

Fielding the Dendrobium as it is now will just confuse the enemy as it will just zoom around, fire a million missiles, miss most of them and shoot down maybe two or three mobile suits before having to return for resupply. After it does this a few times, it will either have to stay inside the hangar or will have been shot down with a few lucky shots already.
>>
>>15325114

I think you are underestimating the Dendrobium slightly. As you say, while some of it's weapons (dumb missiles) have become run of the mill by Zeta and wont be as effective, it's still an insanely fast powerful unit with a huge I-field barrier, two anti-ship giant beam sabers, and detonation chain mines.

While most of your criticisms are valid, I disagree with the outcome. In your description, rather than taking out a two or three mobile suits, I can totally see the Dendrobium taking out two to three ships then returning.

Remember, the only reason the Dendrobium was hard-stopped in 0083 was because there was an enemy Mobile Armor to counter it (the Neue Ziel). It would be really annoying to let it go unchecked, even in 0086.
>>
File: char's dendrobium.jpg (184KB, 935x508px) Image search: [Google]
char's dendrobium.jpg
184KB, 935x508px
>>15325058
>>
>>15325124
Let's not forget the fuck huge cannon
The Dendrobium could tear through a fleet in an afternoon
>>
anything of the GP program existing after Stardust would have lead to the truth coming out.

i'm pretty sure the Titans destroyed every bit of evidence about the gundam and the incident they could find.
>>
>>15325058
The pic size is 7MB so i uploaded it here:
https://alpha.wallhaven.cc/wallpaper/497220
>>
File: 189467546189.jpg (39KB, 160x225px) Image search: [Google]
189467546189.jpg
39KB, 160x225px
>>15325053
>implying it wouldn't have ended up stolen, too.
>>
>>15325131

>WHOOOOM
>>
>>15325053
when did ants pilot Dendrobium?
>>
>>15325131

That's not Char's, that's belong to a Casval who managed to make peace with himself and become a fusion of both Char and Quattro.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.