[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched the first few minutes of CCA and felt pretty lost.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

File: 1488673115290.jpg (141KB, 1496x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488673115290.jpg
141KB, 1496x1080px
I just watched the first few minutes of CCA and felt pretty lost. It felt like the conflict that was going on with Char finally going crazy had already been waged for a while. I imagine I'm supposed to watch ZZ first for context, right?
>>
ZZ provides literally no context whatsoever
>>
File: 61IUdjucMyL_large.jpg (48KB, 379x480px) Image search: [Google]
61IUdjucMyL_large.jpg
48KB, 379x480px
>>15314442
Seriously? CCA kind of threw me right into the conflict, it felt like.
>>
>>15314448
Maybe because it skips the first chapter of the book it's based on.
>>
>>15314437
>>15314448
It's what's known as in medias res, anon. The movie picks up partway through it's story.

The context you're missing: Federation formed a second anti-Zeon task force called Londo Bell and put them on a very tight leash. Char came back and managed to get enough supporters to start his own Neo Zeon without much bloodshed. He declares open war on the Federation, intending for all of mankind to move into space, and decides to drop the asteroid 5th Luna on Earth.
>>
>>15314437
>I imagine I'm supposed to watch ZZ first for context, right?

Even if you skipped ZZ the ending of Zeta should make it blatantly obvious why Char gave up on waiting for earthnoids to get their shit together.
>>
>>15314562
They did end up defeating the titans, though?
>>
>>15314625
That's not the point m8. Char gave everyone a chance and nothing changed so he decided to take matters into his own hands. Also you're forgetting that while the Titans were destroyed there was still Axis running around and the Earth Federation being a bunch of incompetent fucks who let this all happen in the first place.
>>
>>15314437
You won't get much of a context from ZZ. But you might understand Char's dissatisfaction
>>
File: IMG_1289.jpg (33KB, 310x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1289.jpg
33KB, 310x259px
>>15314636
>>15314637
Guess I'll watch ZZ then.
>>
>>15314648
All what happens in ZZ are some goofy Titan remnant shenanigan and Haman turning into a drooling retard for shota cock. There's one throwaway line at the end in regards to Char so don't actually watch it expecting to see his character develop because it's really more of everything being the same during the events of it that causes him to make his mind in CCA than what he actually witnesses during ZZ.
>>
CCA is worse than ZZ why the fuck do people skip ZZ for it?
>>
>>15314736
Because CCA is actually canon.
>>
>>15314775
This ZZ is non-canon meme is the stupidest shit
>>
>>15314736
>CCA is worse than ZZ
How in the flying fuck is that possible?
I'm watching this shitty excuse for a sequel to Zeta right now. I can't even get myself to watch another goddamn episode this shit is so bad.

These new characters: beecha, moda, and lino are the worst fucking scums of existence. They agreed to go with the argama just so they can sell it out and no one gives a shit. They don't get punished, Bright never corrects anyone anymore, he just bends over and let's people run a train on him.
Yazan is still fucking alive goddamit.
Kamille is a vegetable
Every episode is an excuse for the zeta to not use all of its strengths
The axis buried a ham bone and pay respects to it. What does that even mean
Fucking slapstick comedy that wasn't even present in zeta or MSG. I'm sick of this horseshit comedy.
Don't even get me started on this goddamn sorry excuse for a villain Marshymarsh.
Why the fuck are Shinta and Cumstain still alive? They're the worst thing from Zeta and they made the sequel appearance.

The only good thing so far is I don't have to hear Fa's voice anymore.
Zeta is a masterpiece in comparison to this disaster of a sequel

But don't you ever say that CCA is worse than ZZ
>>
>>15314625
A ps1 zeta gundam game kinda explains that
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KQMz7YHPIiI
>>
>>15315030
ZZ actually gets decent/good from ep 20 or so

But eh, sitting through the first part right after Zeta is a huge pain and I can see why a shitload of people (myself included, I eventually kept watching it just for the sake of it) drop it in the first arc
>>
>>15314636
>Char gave everyone a chance and nothing changed
Please, stop with this preschooler level of reasoning.
>>
>>15315083
I was really expecting for no one to take my rant seriously
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble swallowing this down.
I'm almost at episode 20
>>
>>15315085
Sorry friend but you're gonna have to ask Char that.
>>
>>15315085
>preschooler level of reasoning.
Char's preferred level of reasoning, no doubt.
>>
>>15315030
>Kamille is a vegetable
He gets better.
>>
>>15314775
What the fuck does it matter to anyone what is canon and what is not canon.
Series/Movie is what it is, being canon or non canon doesn't change a fuck.
Shit things are shit even if they are canon.
Great things are great even if they are not canon.

Only reason to ever watch anything, is because you want to watch it.
>>
>>15314648
Don't listen to >>15314657, he's a blowhard faggot.

ZZ is a great show, it picks up right after Zeta and actually concludes the Axis/Neo-Zeon plotline. It doesn't have any hard connections to CCA, but it's an enjoyable part of the franchise. I do believe it has some ties to Unicorn as well, but I haven't seen Unicorn so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>15317773
>ZZ is a great show

If it were it'd still be canon.
>>
The funny thing is literally nothing would change if Char dropped Axis a part from a whole lot of dead people and one unusable planet.

All the corrupt rich people he hated in the first place would have just gone into space to avoid dying, and then would have taken up residence in the colonies and continued to be assholes.

Meanwhile the majority of the Federation forces were in space anyway, so Zeon would just have a whole lot of angry pilots and soliders now pissed that all their families are dead gunning for their blood.

Meanwhile Amuro brings Char in and he's executed, if they don't just toss him to the angry masses and let them multilate and carry around his dead body Mussolini style.

It was a stupid fucking plan.
>>
>>15315445
It's relatable, Shangri-La and Moon Moon are literally cancer but at least you're almost there anon

>>15317773
ZZ is related to some Unicorn characters' backstory
>>
>>15317541
>>15317603
>tell people to drastically change their lifestyle and outlook
>five minutes later they still haven't changed
>REEEEEEE
Yeah. That's exactly what happened.
>>
>>15315030
>lino
Hey, Beecha and Mondo were scumbags at first but Iino was always cool.
>The only good thing so far is I don't have to hear Fa's voice anymore.
Fa and Kamille are always very nice together whenever they show up in ZZ. I don't like how they made nerfed her to make just as bad or worse than Judau and his gang when she was a pretty decent pilot in Zeta and one of the few to survive. Would've been interesting to see Fa as the lead at first training the kids how to properly pilot and to know your limits in battle.
>Fucking slapstick comedy that wasn't even present in zeta or MSG
It dominates alot more than in the previous two series, but 0079 and zeta both had its comedic moments. ZZ does get more serious by around episode 20.
>But don't you ever say that CCA is worse than ZZ
IMO, ZZ is better than CCA. ZZ has a bunch of stupid shit in it because its trying to be comedic CCA has a bunch of stupid shit (Char leaking psycoframe), has a confusing narrative(starting in the middle of the conflict and only making vague references to the build up) and makes me wanna assault the characters the movie's trying to make me sympathize with (Quess and Hathaway, for example), all whilst being completely serious.
>>
>>15318037
You act like Char was a pragmatic person.

He may have been practical fighter but he was also a hopeless idealist.

Literally he thinks, "I drop Axis and humanity will instantly be saved and redeem itself now not held down by gravity yay."

Say what you will, but the plan was sound in his eyes
>>
>>15314437
I'll just say someone comes near the end of the show and says, "Char is dissatisfied with people and is planning something from the shadows." That's it. It's a very vague scene and doesn't really establish or move forward anything. ZZ has barely any other connection to CCA otherwise.

>>15314637
ZZ just shows the federation being jack-asses, which was already shown a lot in Zeta.

>>15314648
If you're looking for anything that resembles background for CCA, prepare to be disappointed and get the opposite.
>>
>>15319383
>humanity will instantly be saved and redeem itself
I don't think being idealist means you are a slobbering retard. But it could mean that you would prioritize making an abstact philosophical point over getting direct practical results.
>>
Char is fucking crazy, he fucks off at AEG most critical moment where he could actually make a difference and when it is already too late, he starts a tantrum and drops fucking asteroids, despite the fact that the Zabi's and titans for pulling shit like that.
If he actually leaded AEUG he actually could have made a difference.
>>
>>15317768
>Shit things are shit even if they are canon.
>Great things are great even if they are not canon.

This is true. Hundreds of years from now, when Gundam has been in the public domain so long no one remembers the original source material anymore, nothing will be "canon".
>>
>>15319843
This, I never understood
>Survive by the skin off your teeth
>HURR I GUESS I'LL DO A COMPLETE TURN AROUND TO THE WORSE IN LESS THAN 5 YEARS
>I'M Neo Zeon, not you guys :)))
Deikun's madness must be genetic.
>>
>>15319843
What kind of difference would he have made?
>>
>>15319383
None of that matters though. Within the context of the story all of these things are a subtext to finishing his feud with amuro. Char isn't a Hopeless Idealist, he's a broken hearted one, and so after what befell Kamille he retured to his obsession with Amuro and Lalah.
>>
>>15318195
Yes that's exactly what happened.
>>
>>15314437
>I imagine I'm supposed to watch ZZ

Is pic related really the best source available? Was it just increased from 480p to 720p, artificially? Looks absolute trash.
>>
>>15320662
>>
>>15320665
>>
>>15319481
Yes? And?

That's exactly what I said in my post.
>>
>>15320107
A vigger difference than doing nothing?
He expects humanity to change it's putlook on lif itself and then he gets butthurt when nothing happens in 5 years.
Also the federation higher ups where practically licking hamans and the titans boots when they were in charge if they were even half as willing to listen to him as they were to them he could have made a bigger difference then sitting on his ass for 5 years.
Also him being such a fucking hypocrit with the asteroid drops really kills any credibility he would have.
>>
>>15320662
I think it might be just because it's the Zeta recap episode. I'm not saying ZZ is Redline, but it's not normally as bad as what you've posted.
>>
>>15320213
Whithin the context of the story finishing his feud with Amuro is a subtext to all these things.
>>
>>15320557
Are you stupid?
>>
>>15320723
No it doesn't. Because your post implied that he expected that everything will be magically fixed forever instantly which is not true.
>>
>>15320830
>he gets butthurt when nothing happens in 5 years
5 years? Were did you get these arbitrary 5 years from. He felt like that in Zeta so if we follow your logic that he was butthurt because people didn't change after his Dacar speach then it's closer to 5 minutes considering that he expressed dissatisfaction immediately after. And immediately before. And on at least several instances before that. But screw that. He is just mad because they didn't instantly change when he told them too. Not because based on his experience and his assessment of the current situation he realized that as it stands it would be untealistic to expect people to drastically change their outlook even in the next 100 or 200 years.

Haman's Neo Zeon was a joke that fell apart on it's own. The only reason they could do anything at all is because the EF was throun in confusion atfer the fall of the Titans. If the Feds were willig to lick Hamans boots it only shows that they would have followed anyone who provided for their immediate security. They had no desire at all to change their life- style and even if they like pretty words and have good intentions they have just become a bureaucratic institution that can only postpone and redirect when it comes to actual solutions.
Realistically how is someone who can't even convince the people closest to him about anything supposed to believe he can handle something like that on his own?

Why is he hypocritical? I don't remember him saying he has better claim than anyone to rule over Earth. I don't remember him expressing any desire to rule over Earth or anything else at all.
>>
>>15319958
The thing is, Quatro was always just yet another mask. And even back then it slipped from time to time, whenever Char forgot that he's supposed to pretend human decency and integrity. Like when he attacked Haman for using a child for her purposes. When he himself used Haman while she was a child for his own purposes. And when he was responsible for the deaths of half of that child's family.
>>
>>15321287
>Like when he attacked Haman for using a child for her purposes
No decency!
>When he himself used Haman while she was a child for his own purposes.
Sauce needed.
>>
>>15321281
He wants peoe yo fuck off into space because they are polluting the planet and then fucking drops asteroids on that planet that causes more pollution in a day then what they would have done in a year.
He fucked off and dissapeared at the end of zeta and he came back during CCA.
Change doesn't come from one fucking speech, especially not if you ultimately want people to leave the planet.
He did one speech that got people think and you know what he did with that momentum absolutely nothing.
If he truly wanted people to change he wouldn't just pop up with a new name stir some shit up and then dissapear for a couple of years.
>>
>>15321315
>causes more pollution in a day
That is not pollution. Destroying non-restorable resources is pollution.

>change doesn't come from one fucking speech
Did you read my post at all?
>>
>>15321320
They were already complaining about how the battle complaining about how the battle at A baoa qu caused so much pollution because of the destruction of the jungle dropping an asteroid with a second one coming would cause way more damage.
You think causing a nuclear winter is not pollution?
And even if working with the fedaration wouldn't have worked for him, killing god knows how many innocent people certainly js not the way to get people cheering for your cause, especially when the people you are trying to convert are the ones you are killing.
>>
>>15321334
>You think causing a nuclear winter is not pollution?
It is to the extent that it makes Earth uninhabitable which is the purpose of the whole exercise. It still wouldn't have caused an irreversible destruction of the ecosystem as the perpetuation of the current situation could have.
>killing god knows how many innocent people certainly js not the way to get people cheering for your cause
He wasn't trying to get them to cheer for him.
>>
>>15321303

>not reading Char's Deleted Affair

Not that Haman fails to make it clear in her own dialogue within the context of the original anime that she resents Char for discarding her once she ceased to be useful.
>>
>>15321346
>not reading fan-fiction
And how was she "useful"?
>>
>15321340
If earth becomes so shit that even humans can't survive and they actually need to get off the fucking planet to survive what do you think what happens to all the wildlife?
Also getting people off the planet by basically nuking them and the planet so hard that they need to leave the earth, you don't think that won't cause any troubles later on?
Also are there enough colonies to house all the people on the planet or was he just banking on so few people surviving that finding space for them to live in won't be a problem?
Also you don't think that causing a nuclear winter so bad that even humans can't live in won't cause any irreversible damage?
I really don't get how you don't think char is a maniac for doing this.
>>
>>15321383
>Also you don't think that causing a nuclear winter so bad that even humans can't live in won't cause any irreversible damage?
That was the suggested within the movie itself. I don't know if it's realistic or not and it doesn't matter. It's simply a part of the premise. If you want to you can argue that the reasoning behind the premise is not sound.

>Also getting people off the planet by basically nuking them and the planet so hard that they need to leave the earth, you don't think that won't cause any troubles later on?
It most certainly will. No body said it won't. That is why I argue against the suggestion that he believed his actions will instantly and permanently solve all of humanity's problems forever. This reasoning is stupid and not necessary at all.

>Also are there enough colonies to house all the people on the planet or was he just banking on so few people surviving that finding space for them to live in won't be a problem?
I can't be sure about that. If there was information about it in the shows or the movie I must have missed it. As I said above this sort of resolution will most certainly cause further problems.Still (even if I'm not sure I can recall the figures exactly) the facts are that in 0079 there must have been about 6-7 billion people (more half of the population of Earth sphere) living in space while at the time of CCA (in less than 15 years ) they were about 12 billion with most of the remaining part of the population (the so called Earth elitists) insisting that only they have the birthright live on Earth which is the main cause for the Spacenoid problem in the first place.

>I really don't get how you don't think Char is a maniac for doing this.
I am not justifying extremism. It's not the optimal solution to problems but in real life solutions are limited by the available means, resources and intelligence. It's easy to blame someone for being unreasonable when you are not in their situation.
>>
>>15314637
>You won't get much of a context from ZZ. But you might understand Char's dissatisfaction

Neither Zeta nor ZZ explain why Char does the things he does in CCA. CCA is the direct sequel to 0079 and it's right there (or the 0079 film trilogy) that you have to look to understand Char's CCA character.
>>
>>15321440
>CCA is the direct sequel to 0079
Please, stop. You are free to have all the stupid opinions you want but at least keep them to yourself.
>>
>>15321440
Zeta gives a direct insight into Char's ideology and how he views the rest of the world as he tries to indoctrinate Kamille and new members of the AEUG, not to mention the Dakar speech says his goals (albeit with less cynicism than we would expect from him as he was required to by representing the AEUG). In Zeta and ZZ, the Federation government never supports the AEUG, who have to be dependent on Anaheim Electronics for everything. Instead they give the Titans total control, and only start rescinding funding not because of the AEUG or anything Char does, but because the Titans are battling right near the assembly. Even after the Titans collapse, the Federation would rather rollover to Haman's Neo Zeon than support the AEUG and its goals. After the war, what's left of the AEUG gets reintegrated into the Federation as essentially the new Titans with a nicer face. If there's anything Char learned its that the Federation only respects brute force
>>
>>15321440
You know, for once you could try argument your baseless statements.
>>
>>15314437

Nope. These shows give zero context. It's more of a direct sequel to MSG than anything.
>>
>>15321639
The AEUG actually does get support from the federation in ZZ, the problem is that the AEUG basically becomes another branch of the federation and the AEUG brass basically waits on the federation's word, which never comes. That's why Bright basically has Judau and the kids take care of everything and even go awol with their new flagship.

IIRC the one AEUG guy wanted to pull Judau and crew out of their MS so official AEUG pilots could take over, even though Judau and co. were the only ones actually doing any work (besides Karaba, which was wiped out off screen).
>>
>>15322236
The last few scenes in Zeta where Char shows up give plenty of context to CCA. He tried it Amuros way, had hope. Gave people a chance.
They blew it.
>>
>>15322236
Still no arguments.
>>
>>15322273
>support from the federation
Maybe at the very end, after AEUG did most, if not all of the fighting. Most of the time the AEUG just continues taking marching orders from Anaheim
>>
>>15322273
>Karaba, which was wiped out off screen
Also thought Karaba joined up to replace the AEUG's resources in space, though still offscreen
>>
>>15322365
They were the terrestrial branch. Had lots of atmospheric craft, several variable MS and a short line of Zeta derivatives that spend most of their time in waverider mode.
>>
>>15314437
I watched zeta and zz and I don't know what happened
>>
>>15322359
What are you talking about? The EFF supplied GM IIIs to Karaba which were used to help the Argama during the battle during Haman's ball and later to guard the Audhumla during the Dublin evacuation. Where is this AEUG took orders from AE thing coming from? The guy we consistently see is Madchar, who takes order from AEUG high command.

>>15322365
The last we see of Karaba is during the Dublin drop iirc, and the suits are wiped out and the crew of the Audhumla is killed following the drop (and obviously Hayato dies against Rakan).
>>
>>15321236
No I'm not Char.
>>
Why isn't skipping ZZ a bannable offense yet?
Fuck you OP
>>
>>15324573
What a clever retort! You sure showed me.
>>
File: 1484683899593.jpg (414KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484683899593.jpg
414KB, 1920x1080px
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.