[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else hyped about this? I'll admit that them having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: Power_rangers_2017_reveal.jpg (18KB, 392x254px) Image search: [Google]
Power_rangers_2017_reveal.jpg
18KB, 392x254px
Anyone else hyped about this? I'll admit that them having super human strength when not morphed is retarded and that the black guy isn't the black ranger is disappointing but still. Ice loved this show since the beginning
>>
Zords look way too shit for this to be redeemable
>>
No Lord Zedd no buy
>>
File: Sage.jpg (19KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
Sage.jpg
19KB, 300x411px
Sure is comics and cartoons in here.
>>
its shit senpai
>>
>>15310301
>Suits look shit, Zords look shit, Enemies look shit, MUH DIVERSITY Signalling, Focusing on the Alien thing instead of the Dinosaur thing.

Gonna Bomb, Desupai.
>>
I'm sure some autist will shriek at me for this, but this isn't /co/.

If the film is based on a comic or cartoon, it's /co/, but live action media getting a comic means only the comic should be discussed, it doesn't magically make everything preceding /co/, you stupid retarded faggots.

Also the film is probably going to be shit.
>>
>>15310307
But there's going to be a comic based on the movie
>>
>>15310301

Their mistake was making it a science-fiction redemption story instead of superhero flick. Those may be a dime a dozen now a days but its fucking Power Rangers, your main audience is kids who still watch till this day? Why would you take such a grim risk like this?
>>
>>15310308

Well it's like I said, discussing comics based on other media is fine, but that doesn't open the flood gates for the live action stuff it's based on
>>
>>15310301
Looks awful a complete insult to the original #notmyrangers
>>
No, it looks terrible.
>>
>>15310304
to be fair isn't this getting itself its own cartoon show though?

Also if Puppet shit can be /co/ then American Bastardizations of Super Sentai can be /co/ too
>>
Like even /tv/ gives a shit about this movie.
>>
>>15310301
>Anyone else hyped about this?

Nope. It looks Fantastic Four tier.
>>
>>15310304
>>15310307
You know what? Fuck you guys. Power Rangers is more /co/ than puppets, Digimon, Toonami, RWBY and all the other shit /a/ rejects.
>>
>>15310303
He's in the stinger.
>>
>>15310316
Had me up to Toonami. Toonami is more /co/ than /co/ will ever be
>>
>>15310316

Explain to me how Toonami, a block comprised solely of cartoons and Digimon, a franchise made up many ANIMATED tv shows and movies aren't /co/.
>>
Rewatching the series, the acting and writing is on par with an after school special. I know it was for kids but why is the dialog so cringey
>>
>>15310320
They're writing to match whatever happens in the japanese footage, not because its a good idea.
>>
>>15310319
>Explain to me how Toonami, a block comprised solely of cartoons and Digimon, a franchise made up many ANIMATED tv shows and movies aren't /co/.
Neither of them are western? How are you calling Digimon /co/? It's a fucking anime series. Unless you are specifically talking about the old shitty western comic adaptations they made of the early episodes to promote the show, you have no ground to stand on if you are calling it /co/.
>>
>>15310301
Is ivan ooze here?
>>
It's either going to be insanely successful ala Bayformers, or dead in the water like Fantastic 4, Dragonball, or The Last Airbender
>>
>>15310315
This, pretty much. I'd put it on the same tier as Robocop and Ghostbusters remakes.
>>
>>15310301
Really don't like the visorless look and the suits just remind me of crysis.
>>
>>15310301

this movie looks like dried dogshit
>>
>>15310931
preferably the latter. i can't fathom the amount of shit taste needed to make it successful.
>>
Looks awful a complete insult to the original #notmyrangers
>>
>>15310301
I know they tried going for a mature look but they should have kept the design more simplistic and tone down the colors instead if anything
>>
>>15310307
So no one's going to tell him that we're in /m/?
>>
>>15311016
Doesn't matter to Lionsgate as long as it makes money. Their target audience is the movie hero fans.
>>
>>15310301
I can't get over how terrible the suits look. Remake Robocop is a masterpiece next to these.
>>
10 more days
>>
>>15311796
I liked the Power Ranger suits from the Ivan Ooze movie.

They looked like 'actual' superhero armour compared to just the thin spandex suits from the series, but without being overdone
>>
>>15311716
Given the number of people posting it I assumed a mod moved the thread here from /co/.
>>
>>15311950
That seems weird, power rangers is /co/ related
>>
File: original.jpg (68KB, 640x529px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
68KB, 640x529px
>tfw I have tickets to the Chicago premiere of Power Rangers on Wednesday.

It's going to be fucking awesome.
>>
>>15310301
No because half the reason I love sentai stuff are for all the synchronized poses and I doubt this movie will have any of that.
>>
File: ?.jpg (26KB, 239x268px) Image search: [Google]
?.jpg
26KB, 239x268px
>>15311950
>Moving threads
What's the point of doing that on any imageboard?
>>
>>15314604
Gets "Off Topic" threads off of the board but allows the discussion to continue.
>>
>>15311937
>They looked like 'actual' superhero armour compared to just the thin spandex suits from the series, but without being overdone

I don't know why they won't use spandex when even the upcoming Spiderman movie has him wearing it
>>
>>15314612
>move tokushit from one board where it's off topic onto another

?
>>
>>15311937
But the suits in the movie looked like they were made from a bunch of cheap rubber raincoats.
>>
File: 1472734156100.gif (1MB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
1472734156100.gif
1MB, 300x229px
Me and my friend are big into toku. One of my local theatres played the 60's Kong vs. Godzilla (the dub version) last week and we went to it. Also, saw Skull Island. What a time to be alive. But, then... there's this movie...

I really don't want to pay money to see it. But, my friend convinced me to go with him. We're both anticipating a disaster, it's the morbid curiousity that drives us. I want to see how badly they ruin not just toku but Power Rangers. If this makes enough money to warrant a sequel, I'm so sorry.

>there will be no rollcall
>no power rangers theme
>Goldar will not make witty banter as he fights the rangers, let alone speak
>The GANG is missing from Rita/Bandora's goon squad.
>tfw no Bulk and Skull
>seriously wondering if they even have their weapons
>literally everything we've seen looks like a bad idea

Can't wait to waste $10 on being right.
>>
I was at Wal-Mart the other day, and I saw the """"""""""robot"""""""""" in the toy aisle.

Was the design idea "make this look as little like a robot as possible"?
>>
I get that live action is supposed to look more realistic, but those outfits looks extremely stupid. Especially since Power Rangers is already live action at its original source and they wear those outfits as is.

The power ranger costumes are a big part of their character as well. Whereas X-Men in the movies can wear cool black outfits and not yellow like in the cartoons, Power Rangers wearing anything outfits this far removed from what they originally wore is pretty dumb.
>>
>black ranger isn't black
>yellow isn't asian
>blue isn't nerd

defend this without mentioning /pol/ boogeyman
>>
>>15314650
>>no power rangers theme
I wouldn't count it out. The jingle was in one of the trailers.
>>
>>15310306
>MUH DIVERSITY
Implying fucking Power Rangers wasn't always this. Go back in the trash.
>>
>>15310311
MMPR was like the 15th or something of the Sentai series, fuck your nostalgia
>>
File: 1476922639162.jpg (49KB, 630x370px) Image search: [Google]
1476922639162.jpg
49KB, 630x370px
>>15314739
16th
>>
>>15311937
>'actual' superhero armour
The quotes doesn't make your comment any less retarded
>>
>>15314640
Last time I checked sentai/power rangers has giant robots in it
>>
>>15314685
>Was the design idea "make this look as little like a robot as possible"?
Yes. If the normies saw a big robot that actually looked like a robot instead of a human made out of garbage they'd laugh at the screen and say it looked like that cheap Japanese show Power Rangers
>>
I'm legitimately not sure why, but the suits are growing on me the more I see them.
>>
>>15310301
It's going to be terrible anyway, but I'm willing to give it a chance.
Can't believe I plan to skip on Kong just to watch this shit
>>
>>15314823
>skipping on Kong
Don't, bro. It's not too late.
>>
It's weird how fucked up the helmets are. Like, Red and Pink aren't that bad, and Blue is okay once you get used to it, but Yellow and Black look fucking awful. Hell, now that I'm really looking at it, Yellow's helmet looks like a palette swap of Pink's.
>>
>>15310303
>>15310302
Bullshit that may or may not be real, believe at own risk:

Zords:
>It's explained that the Zords had "Base" forms that mimicked creatures prehistoric creatures in order to adapt to Earth's atmosphere and give them stronger bodies.
>The Zords are also in an "Premature" state, they're evolving and will likely take on a slightly different form or radically change next film.

Rita:
>A small flashback of Zordon, Rita, and a few unnamed Rangers of the past are seen in battle, one is killed, resulting in Rita getting angry and "misusing" the Morphing Grid to win the battle.
>Her and Zordon are seen fighting(Verbally) until Rita betrays and fatally harms Zordon.
>She blames Zordon for his "Lack of Leadership" and says she'll become the new Leader, Zordon manages to destroys her Morpher as she's gloating and casts her out into her prison with the help of Alpha 5.
>She uses Goldar to help power her "suit" and Staff(With Power Coin), later obtaining large amounts of gold in order to release his full potential.
>She is still linked to the Morphing Grid and uses this to mess with the Rangers, giving her "Witch" like powers.

Ending:
>Rita's Staff is lost and the Rangers save the day.
>Lord Zed is in the Mid/Post credits, a servant of his gives him the Green Power Coin while he sits on his throne.
>The camera pans slightly up his arm showing him holding the coin and phase out to a classroom, where a teacher introduces a new student, Tommy Oliver.
>>
>>15314931
>>The camera pans slightly up his arm showing him holding the coin and phase out to a classroom, where a teacher introduces a new student, Tommy Oliver.

just like my japanese anmes
>>
>>15310301
Blue's visor just looks retarded, like his eyes are derpy.
>>
Why does black's robot have 6 legs
>>
File: IMG_0647.png (470KB, 1139x1079px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0647.png
470KB, 1139x1079px
>>15315856
5 vaginas
>>
File: 1449720351105.jpg (21KB, 328x334px) Image search: [Google]
1449720351105.jpg
21KB, 328x334px
>>15314931
>The camera pans slightly up his arm showing him holding the coin and phase out to a classroom, where a teacher introduces a new student, Tommy Oliver.
>yfw it's a 40 year old JDF with a backpack slung over his shoulder
>>
File: crysis.jpg (145KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
crysis.jpg
145KB, 1024x684px
>>15311012
Not defending the movie but what's wrong with Crysis?
>>
>>15314931
having an excuse for the robots looking like shit doesn't stop them from looking like shit.
>>
>>15315940
Nothing, it just doesn't look good.
>>
>>15314735
>Implying fucking Power Rangers wasn't always this.
>BAWWW, Black Guy can't be Black Ranger.
>BAWWW, Asian Girl can't be Yellow Ranger.
Shut the fuck up, nigger.
>>
>>15315932
>haha yeaaa
>>
>>15314690
Blue is a nerd though. Have you not seen the trailers?
>>
>>15310301
If you seriously like Power Ranegrs then you need to kill yourself. Or at least fuck off back to Rangerboard.

Bastardizations like Robotech and Power Rangers are things that should never be liked.
>>
>>15310301
>not having the yellow ranger be transgender like in the original series

I refuse to watch this alt-right pandering garbage.
>>
>>15314650
> no Bulk and Skull
FUCK
THIS
SHIT
Literally the stars of the show.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.