[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's keeping Toei from producing a third season of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: 1460228360861.jpg (121KB, 549x870px) Image search: [Google]
1460228360861.jpg
121KB, 549x870px
What's keeping Toei from producing a third season of Robot Girls Z?
>>
>Make a show about cute girls wearing mecha costumes
>No merch came out from it
It's like Toei hates money
>>
File: C4sga3ZWMAcKvCU.jpg orig.jpg (81KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
C4sga3ZWMAcKvCU.jpg orig.jpg
81KB, 1024x576px
>>15307476
Spring Tiger
>>
File: getter beam & zaul gaizer.jpg (189KB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
getter beam & zaul gaizer.jpg
189KB, 1365x767px
>>15307482
They really should sell chogokins of the characters already, namely Gai-chan.
>>
File: FIGURE-018298.jpg (92KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-018298.jpg
92KB, 600x600px
>>15307504
I would gladly buy Chogokin Get-chan and Gai-chan. Isn't like they haven't done armored girls before
>>
>>15307483
b e s t g i r l
>>
File: gai-chan komari.jpg (261KB, 1867x1400px) Image search: [Google]
gai-chan komari.jpg
261KB, 1867x1400px
>>
We need more stuff of the older girls like Protogetter
>>
>>15307476
Same thing that have stopped many other mecha shows before: lack of solid merchandising strategies. In other words, toy companies aren't interested.
>>
Girls have short lifespans. Just a difference of three years and they are now old grannies.
>>
File: 012.jpg (59KB, 570x403px) Image search: [Google]
012.jpg
59KB, 570x403px
What happened with that online survey they did a while ago asking people to vote for what Robot Girl they'd like to see next? I wrote in Kill Jaguar.
>>
>>15307483
My interest in Tiger Mask W is inexplicably waxing.
>>
File: zecchan ashura.png (950KB, 965x1002px) Image search: [Google]
zecchan ashura.png
950KB, 965x1002px
>>15309814
I recall there was going to be a new series by the same team that will also have cross promos with RGZ. I am not sure if that is actually going to be an anime or not.
>>
>>15309843
you mean G-Kaizer?
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/sp/robot-girlsz/g-kaiser/index.html
It got a drama CD recently
>>
File: gai-chan miracle drill.gif (929KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
gai-chan miracle drill.gif
929KB, 300x170px
>>15310426
Yup, that's the one. Seems to be some news on the 28th though, so I'm intrigued to see if it's as funny as RGZ.
>>
>>15309843
>>15310426
>>15310479
I would prefer another season of RGZ but longer.

I know it's supposed to be a parody, but I think RGZ can work beyond that.

I just really want to see Mazinger and Getter with female leads without it being a parody like Angels and Otome. I guess there's Kei for Armageddon, but she was still overshadowed by the likes of Ryoma and co.

Something like Dancouga Nova would be cool.
>>
>>15312214
That's what Angels is, though? It's not a wacky comedy like Otome or RGZ, it's played pretty much straight. Aside from having a bit too much fun with the boob weapons gimmick, but they kinda drop that after the first couple of volumes.
>>
>>15312214
how in the absolute motherfuck can it work beyond that, it barely worked as that

the jokes were as lazy as can be and none of it had anything to do with any of the source material except in the most superficial way possible

also you haven't read mazinger angels
>>
>>15312322
>>15312354
I didn't mean parody only in the jokey kind of way. I meant parody in that it didn't feel like a new story being told. There were many instances where it hearkened back to the original trilogy, even taking stuff from the anime.

FYI, I read both Angels and its sequel.

>how in the absolute motherfuck can it work beyond that,
How do magical girl shows work?
>>
>>15312354
You're just upset that Jeeg-chan is better than Jeeg, Anonymous.

My dark eye Sahibgan senses it in your aura.
>>
>>15312370
>How do magical girl shows work
why bother keep it going with the paper thin old robot gimmick though, clearly nobody gave a heck

>>15312374
jeeg-chan was literally the only good thing in the show
>>
>>15312380
>why bother keep it going with the paper thin old robot gimmick though, clearly nobody gave a heck
As long as a show is good, nobody gave a heck about any of the themes Toei shit out in a series likes Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Precure.
>>
Kamen Rider had a fruit gimmick once. I really don't see how old robots is worse.

Or what about Kamen Rider Decade? It's build on top of previous shows.
>>
>>15312388
ok so that makes the question even more valid, why bother?

It wasn't any good beyond the novelty of calling everybody 70s mech-chan and they already have precure literally printing money with no opposition

why try and force this as another magical girl show and making it even more generic by pulling out the "comedy" element
>>
>>15312399
>why bother? why try and force this as another magical girl show
Because I want it. i want cute girls wearing frilly costumes based on 70s mecha.

>making it even more generic by pulling out the "comedy"
Comedy is original now?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.