[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm actually surprised by just how creepy this show could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: animecourtyard.com-gaogaigar-9.jpg (324KB, 900x730px) Image search: [Google]
animecourtyard.com-gaogaigar-9.jpg
324KB, 900x730px
I'm actually surprised by just how creepy this show could get. Also those fucking strobe lights any time Pasder appeared.
>>
>>15305845
watch betterman
>>
>>15306192
Is it better?
>>
>>15310238
It's a related series and is much more creepy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RgIU5tgCkA
>>
Who the fuck thought the strobe lights were a good idea
>>
>>15310356
Was it before or after Porygon?

Either way, Zonder Seizure Room isn't fucking around.
>>
>>15310438
that is like the only time a anime has hurt my eyes
>>
File: 1474681600294.png (3MB, 1698x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474681600294.png
3MB, 1698x1080px
>>15305845
I want to just sit and gush about this show. It was legitimately fantastic. FINAL was alright in comparison, but man the series just had such an awesome ending
>>
>>15310438
Must've been before, because supposedly they toned down the flashes in later episodes. I never noticed a difference though.
>>
>>15305845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqnGkidnTEU
>>
>>15311742
I watched it for the first time about 5 years ago when I wasn't really into /m/ stuff. Now that I'm a little more well-versed, I'd love to give it another go through.

It holds a special place in my heart as one of the first truly "off-the-radar" mecha anime I watched.
>>
>>15312117
It was only off-the-radar in the West, perhaps. In Japan it was a huge smash hit. Notice how GGG got a spin-off and an ova sequel and a redone ova sequel? No other Braves series had nearly the same treatment.

And you should definetely give it a go. It really is one of the best mecha series out there.

>>15310238
Not quite. It's good, it has some neat mecha battles and a couple of dougram clones fighting alongside an eva clone. It feels a lot like a more serious GGG. There's humor, but the show is darker. Literally darker, a lot of the fights happen underground and in the dark.
>>
>>15311742
I think I liked Final a lot more than most. It starts off weak but around episode 5 or so it really picks up and I fucking love the final battle with all the Sol Lords and the Goldion Crusher scene.
>>
>>15311835
I really liked how GGG did its rocket punches.
>>
>>15313014
I liked the structure of FINAL. Its a clone Earth so its ok to trash it, there's a clone everything that actually shows up including evil Braves and a 2nd Gaofighgar, everyone fights their Sol Master nemesis, and the finisher is done by a superweapon that GGG had the foresight to build just in case something on the scale of an alien sprouting out of Jupiter happened again.

They could have skipped the 'everyone is lazy' filler, Renais was pointless, and GGGG could have used a final fight after the Goldion Crusher... and we'll never get Project Z unless SRW decides to run through what it would have been. But I liked it.
>>
File: wrn.jpg (201KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wrn.jpg
201KB, 640x480px
Am I doing myself a disservice by forcing myself through the rest of the Brave shows before I watch GGG? I'll probably finish Exkaiser at least, but should I even bother with the rest?
>>
>>15313349
I see Renais as an excuse to have more J, which is always good.
>>
>>15313349
I dug Renais's whole relationship with J, found it pretty cute, especially the way they piloted King J-Der together Almost typed J-Decker there
>>
>>15313392
Exkaiser's one of the blandest entries, being the first and all. Some good music, fights and stock footage but that's about it. Fighbird's more of a comedy about a robot learning to be human, Da Garn's got the best plot of any MOTW series ever at the expense of the robots having personalities but the humans and villains make up for that, Might Gaine's a fun toy commercial superhero show that feels very super sentai in places, particularly older ones when it goes pretty dark in the second half. J-Decker's very close to Patlabor in that it's a MOTW police procedural show with the emphasis placed mainly on character development and the comedy derived from that. Goldran's basically just a Time Bokan series where the Dorombo gang are asshole shotas and the MC's, while the two Yattermen are the villains and actually the best characters in the show. Dagwon's literally just an animated Sentai series, takes its cues from the Reideen reboot and Gundam Wing. GGG's a happy medium between J-Decker's robot focused MOTW format in the first half and Da Garn's plot heavy focus in the second half. Ban Gaan was never made into a full series, Gear Fighter Dendoh is a great show and basically the last gasp of the Braves franchise apart from FINAL, despite not being an actual Braves show.

There's no real continuity between Braves series, you can pick and choose depending on what takes your fancy as all of them apart from GGG are self-contained. I'd recommend Da Garn and J-Decker at least though.
>>
>>15313726
What would King J-Decker even look like
>>
>>15313392
In my opinion Exkaiser and Mightgaine are the worst the franchise has to offer. Fighbird is just OK too. The others are all worth checking out in some way, but you certainly don't need to to enjoy GGG.
>>
>>15314408
>Might gaine
>Worst
>not Dagwon
>>
>>15310238
It's better man
>>
File: geki best dagwon.jpg (468KB, 640x2880px) Image search: [Google]
geki best dagwon.jpg
468KB, 640x2880px
>>15317023
Once Geki is introduced Dagwon gets a whole lot better... he carries the show.
>>
>>15310438
ChoRyuJin's combo sequence had the Porygon red/blue strobe in the background. I guess kid's cant get seizures if there's a giant robot filling the screen.
>>
>>15318654
yeah once they get beyond the main Dag boys it gets less dull
then there's the crazy shit like that space mice episode, or the one where the bad guy is about to unleash sin and evil upon the Earth unless Dagwon stops him in time they don't but then they realize it doesn't matter because humans were already sinful evil assholes so lol fuck you bad guy
>>
>>15313392
I love Exkaiser's design, but despite being one of the first Brave series, it's kind of typical of it's era.
Normal kid has Special Friend, Girl that he likes, and The Rich Kid that shows up to annoy everyone. The final battle is awesome, but if you're skipping episodes, I honestly wouldn't blame you.
>>15314010
I'm torn on J-Decker.

I like most of the cast and their personalities, EXCEPT J-Decker and Yuuta. I think J-decker himself is kinda boring as well as his design, and I find Yuuta a little too whiny for my liking. I'm not too fond of the disconnected plot outside of the Chieftain bit, but I love how the series goes into the concept of Super AI and what follows.

I like Might Gaine, especially when it starts ramping up, but when I had first heard of it, I thought it was "Anime Batman takes to take down crime syndicate!" but in reality, it's "Banjo-Lite fights a bunch of morons, and the dumber the enemy robot looks, the more effective it is!" until The Twist happens.

As for Dendoh
If I won the lottery, I'd spend the money on a new series, let's just say that.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.