[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This didn't deserve to get cancelled. Somewhere out there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

File: after war gundam x.jpg (185KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
after war gundam x.jpg
185KB, 1440x900px
This didn't deserve to get cancelled. Somewhere out there in an alternate universe, After War X aired before Wing and received a full run of 50 episodes.
>>
File: After_RaceWar_MalcomX.png (226KB, 230x437px) Image search: [Google]
After_RaceWar_MalcomX.png
226KB, 230x437px
>>15302946
>Alternate universe pic related
KIDOUHHHH SHIN SEIKI
>>
At least it's been vindicated by history.

Holy shit that's bad, no (You) for you.
>>
>>15302946
>This didn't deserve to get cancelled.
It was shit though. Especially those fucking Frost brothers and their gay incest vibe.

>>15302954
wut?
>>
>>15302964
but it wasnt shite
>>
>>15302946

> Gundam X was cancelled because of franchise fatigue after only 4 years of consecutive shows
> Super Sentai has been on the air for 30 odd consecutive years and while it's ratings are dropping it took decades to do so and they still haven't cancelled one
> We're currently in a run of 4 Gundam shows over 4 years, with two of them broadcasting at one point and none of them having markedly worse ratings than the others

In this universe whether X aired before or after Wing didn't matter to it's cancellation.
>>
>>15303272
Yeah. Exactly.
>expecting Asians to be remotely truthful about situations they deem "embarrassing"
It wasn't cancelled because of franchise fatigue, whatever they claim
We still don't know what happened during Zetas production and that show ended up good
>>
>>15302946
At least the director had success with gintama.
>>
>>15303643
and Yuusha
>>
>>15303643
>>15303649
That honestly have more to do with the author of those popular series that the director was given the right to direct. You can put Bendis on Batman and it will still sell like hotcakes.
>>
To be honest its quite boring, and the slow pacing didn't help it.
>>
>>15303660
you're saying this as if bad adaptations of good source material don't exist, when they do.
>>
>>15303633
>during Zetas production and that show ended up good
>ended up good
uh oh, you just flagged down all the anti-zeta shitposters
>>
>>15303633

Did they ever even actually claim it was cancelled because of low ratings? I've never seen a source so I just assume it's more hearsay and rumor.

>>15303660

You could put Bendis on most things and he'd still sell because he's a popular writer regardless of what you or I think of him.
>>
>>15303272
> We're currently in a run of 4 Gundam shows over 4 years

Except pretty much all the recent shows have been like 1-2 cours each, with months going by with no Gundam shows airing between them.

Victory, G, and Wing were all 4 cour shows that aired one right after the other. X was supposed to be a full 4 cour show too.
>>
File: family_tree.png (920KB, 1827x1084px) Image search: [Google]
family_tree.png
920KB, 1827x1084px
>>15302946
>in an alternate universe, After War X aired before Wing and received a full run of 50 episodes.
I liked that X was after Wing though because I like to believe in my head canon that X is what happened when the Wing peace finally failed.
>>
>>15303752
>Did they ever even actually claim it was cancelled because of low ratings? I've never seen a source so I just assume it's more hearsay and rumor.

And what other reason would there be ? Man the amount of self delusion is gigantic. Each Gundam anime that has ever been cut short (going back to 0079) was because of shit ratings. No need to go look for conspiracies. If Gundam X was cut short the audience simply was not there at least not in sufficient numbers to satisfy the sponsors.
>>
>>15303272
Modern audiences are different now. We are use to things like binge watching now where as back then that would be considered inconceivable. They are not an apples to apples comparison.
>>
>>15303695
>To be honest

Stopped reading right there, fuck off back to >>>/twiitter/

>>15303972
0079 was actually cut short because of poor merchandise sales not poor ratings.
>>
>>15303980
>To be honest
I don't get it, people aren't allow to say that on 4chan anymore?
>>
>>15303987
If you say "to be honest" using the abbreviated "tee bee achye" shorthand, you'll instead get "desu". so in a way, yes.

Try it. desu
>>
>>15303980
>0079 was actually cut short because of poor merchandise sales not poor ratings

For a kids tv show ratings and merchadise sales are strongly correlated.
>>
>>15304018
I'm not really sure about that. Some kids just look at a toy they know nothing about and want it because it looks cool. I could see that happening with Gundam models and shit pretty easily.
>>
>>15304017
No I believe you, that sounds pretty cancerous.
>>
>>15304018
The thing is, kids weren't buying the toys because kids weren't the ones watching the show in those large numbers. There's an interview with Tomino or one of the main people involved in 0079 where they specifically said at the very first fan-arranged Gundam event, like 75% of the attendees were teen and college aged women. Proto-Fujoshi, if you will.
>>
>>15304031
>I could see that happening with Gundam models and shit pretty easily.
True, just look at /toy/ and the gunpla general there and here on /m/. Like half the regular posters in there admit to never having watched more than one or two Gundam series, they just buy the model kits because they look cool. The amount of people who have posted "Man the IBO line is so great, how is the show?" is almost uncountable
>>
>>15303960
Better idea then FT
>>
>>15303943

Which is why I also mentioned Super Sentai as a contemporary franchise that had no such problems during that time period despite having run weekly for far longer.

>>15303972

Not looking for a conspiracy anon, just not taking something as fact simply because it's oft repeated. Especially when it doesn't make particular sense given the context.

>>15303975
If anything, modern audiences being used to marathoning shows rather than weekly would make them more inclined to tune out of shows and grow fatigued of them, not less.

>>15303980

Shows also get canned due to internal production problems, though I don't know of any mecha examples off the top of my head.
>>
>>15302946
Why did they make the head of double x triple ugly? Whats the purpose of the mustache? Goddamn, its like they dont want to sell it
>>
>>15303633
>We still don't know what happened during Zetas production and that show ended up good
Wiw its like im really on MAL
>>
>>15304151
SS had strong support from Bandai for decades on a weekly basis. If something goes wrong, they can easily retool it the way the did with Ohranger or Go-Busters.
It's not that easy with Gundams, apparently.
>>
>>15302946
If After War X hadn't been cancelled, Turn A might not have been produced. I wouldn't want to take that risk by recklessly changing the past.
>>
>>15303272
> We're currently in a run of 4 Gundam shows over 4 years, with two of them broadcasting at one point and none of them having markedly worse ratings than the others

They do have "markedly lower ratings" though if you consider X's drop to be that big.

Gundam X only had "markedly lower ratings" after it was moved to a dead timeslot and intended to be canceled already. Before that, it was at a 3.5% average. Victory had a 3.9% average, G Gundam a 4.1% average and Wing a 4.3%. Yeah, lower than the others, but it's hardly an unique drop.

> Super Sentai has been on the air for 30 odd consecutive years and while it's ratings are dropping it took decades to do so and they still haven't cancelled one
Super Sentai back in the 90s had a strong brand power. When its ratings were failing it got moved to a -better- (although more kid centered) timeslot rather than moved to Power Rangers dub 6am timeslot just to finish production.
>>
File: Esperanza.jpg (45KB, 400x187px) Image search: [Google]
Esperanza.jpg
45KB, 400x187px
>>15302946
I wish we'd seen what Ennil El's Gundam would have been like.

Its obvious she was planned to get one going by the MA she piloted which was clearly the bottom half of a Gundam.

>>15303633
Zeta ended terribly, everything dying in one big clusterfuck and bullshit newtype powers getting pulled out of nowhere.
>>
>>15302946
And it would be regarded as the AGE of the 90's.
>>
>>15304182

Putting aside that if you feel the need to addd "apparently" to the end of your post it's a pretty good indication you're not sure, Bandai also owned Gundam by that point and were pushing it. Something that we know annoyed Tomino and Imagawa. There's no reason they wouldn't retool it if ratings alone were an issue. Someone was even saying a few days ago that they retooled Wing by replacing Sumizawa as head writer during production. If they did it's the first I ever heard of it, so I wouldn't be taking it as fact since I didn't see any verification of it on a quick Google, but it wouldn't be surprising either.

>>15304209

I don't really consider X's to be that big personally, especially taking the time slot change in to account.

>>15304219

Ennil's Gundam design has been public for years anon. There's even a picture of it in the Gundam Wiki page for the Esperansa.
>>
File: Esperanza2.jpg (246KB, 465x610px) Image search: [Google]
Esperanza2.jpg
246KB, 465x610px
>>15304309

Meant to include a pic of the design for Ennil's Gundam if things had gone on.
>>
>>15304309
Yeah but it would be nice to know what it could actually do/what its weapons were etc.

It should have appeared in an SRW or something.
>>
File: 1471175942205.jpg (2MB, 2208x2436px) Image search: [Google]
1471175942205.jpg
2MB, 2208x2436px
>>
>>15302946
After War X aired in the same timeslot as NGE and stood no chance against it, and the production wasn't willing to move it to a different timeslot. That's literally the only reason behind its cancelling.
>>
>>15304312
The head and leg design are giving me some serious Victory vibes.
>>
>>15304312
Can anyone read moonrunes? Curious if the text about the design elements says anything particularly interesting
>>
File: Untitled.png (504KB, 1682x957px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
504KB, 1682x957px
>>15307551
>>
Some new recent information added to the Japanese wikipedia from a recent interview regarding the episode cuts - apparently they had planned things in 4 episode arcs, when the episodes were cut, they were reduced to single episode deals - no storyline was completely removed.

I guess it means in the original outline we'd have 4 episodes of Saterykon resistance, 4 of Earth resistance and the final moon battle also likely would last 4 episodes.

>>15307551
That's completely false.
>>
>>15303960
The whole make everyone hate you to scapegoat for peace was always retarded and would never last. Only reason I'd give Code Geass a pass on this is that Lelouch got rid of most of the world's aristocracy whilst doing so, and also Geassed Schneizal , one of the most cunning and influential people in that world, into serving those goals after he died. In Wing, the underlying conflict between Earth and Space still seems to be there at the end, otherwise the Barton faction wouldn't be able to still get support. The 7th space war could easily be a generation or two after wing. You could even see the bit mobile suits in x as the successor tech to the mobile dolls in wing.
>>
>>15312221
>The whole make everyone hate you to scapegoat for peace was always retarded and would never last.
You mean that stupid plan that Zechs and Treize came up with. A war to end all wars basically. Yeah, it was dumb. Relena's plan of getting the Romefeller delights to apologise to the colonies and have a sit down with them was actually a much better plan desu. If human behaviour is anything to go by, apologising to eachother is always going to be better then "Oh shit we almost annihilated eachother, guess we have get along for the time being."

If you think about it, Zechs and Treize really fucked Relena over because not only did they make her the 'face of peace' but because of that title, everyone looks to her, a 15 year old girl who hasn't even finished high school, to keep the Earth and Space from trying to murder eachother again. I can't even imagine how many assassination attempts she probably gets in a single week.
>>
>>15312302
>*Desu
Fuck, I forgot about that shit. TO BE HONEST
>>
>>15304312

>What if Victory Gundam banged a Leo?

Genius.
>>
>>15310743
>when the episodes were cut, they were reduced to single episode deals - no storyline was completely removed.

This just goes to show how shitty Gundam X's pacing was when the drastically sped up versions of the arcs don't actually feel as such.
>>
>>
>>15312306
You should contemplate why wordfilters are in place. Perhaps you should just not do that thing?
>>
>>15315128
Why is "to be honest" such a bad thing

>>15312631
NO U
>>
>>15315138
They don't like it when you use t.b.h and it turns into desu.
>>
>>15303695
Im like 15 episodes in and i feel the same way. It has like 5 episode arcs and everything resets back to 0 after 5 episodes so the dramatic stakes never increase. Also its somehow more boring than wing
>>
>>15312302
>A war to end all wars basically.
Because that worked so well for World War I.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.