[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A problem I consistently have with UC Gundam is they never actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Zeon_Officers.jpg (268KB, 1500x1061px) Image search: [Google]
Zeon_Officers.jpg
268KB, 1500x1061px
A problem I consistently have with UC Gundam is they never actually show the supposed oppression of the Spacenoids. We don't see bread lines or overtaxation or unreasonable working conditions, we only see clean, well-lit gardenlike colonies, full to the brim with advanced technology and fine architecture. Meanwhile every time we see Earth, it's full of dirty villages and peasants and poverty.
>>
>>15302612
Zeon is the weakest, most bland villain faction ever written. They have absolutely no credible motives and a complete disconnect between what they want to accomplish and what they actually do.

The only reason the writers get away with it because of individual likeable Zeon characters and faction aesthetic.

Shit storytelling otherwise
>>
>>15302612
That's sorta the point for Tomino. Zeon was supposed to be Nazi Germany, who used the expansion of the German state as a reason to go to war, while in fact Germany was well on the way to recovery when Hitler took power.

Later side stories turn Zeon into space Japan, so they go the route of honorable heroic Zeeks vs those damn feddies. The only way they can do this is to show all of the atrocities the Federation has heaped upon space nois, when in fact if you watch ZZ and CCA in particular, most of the higher ups give no shits about the war and happily capitulate/allow Haman to drop a colony for population control.
>>
>>15302676
Germany wasn't recovering shit when Hitler took over, it had something like 30% unemployment and that was rising, it's one of the major contributing factors to him taking power.
>>
>>15302612
To be fair, most of the colonies were destroyed in the first week, depending on if you take non animated works as cannon or not we have more or less reason to blame that on Zeon. Still we see next to none of side 3, a brief glimpse into a feddie controlled colony, and a wealthy neutral colony. You don't really have room to substantiate that feature. Zeta's colonies don't seem nice or bad, ZZ has some clearly neglected colonies, and in CCA they make a point that Clearwater was a shithole, though it does'nt really appear to be so bad. I think it is debatable that Tomino did'nt even want to legitimize Zeon itself, so that could all be purposefully rather than a flaw.
>>
>>15302805
This. Nazis took over in the postwar because the poor and frustrated are easy to manipulate into a hateful frenzy.
>>
>>15302612
Well duh.

Sunrise is an Earthnoid company. They basically just spread Earth propaganda.

I've been to Australia, and I didn't see any creator caused by the muh colony drop lie.
>>
>>15303804
Next you're going to tell me it's going to be winter during Christmas in Australia. Sorry Zeek, but the feds aren't as dumb as you would have us believe.
>>
>>15302612
The only series to make the colonies look shitty was Unicorn
And that was specifically Marida's colony.
>>
>>15302676
>That's sorta the point for Tomino. Zeon was supposed to be Nazi Germany, who used the expansion of the German state as a reason to go to war, while in fact Germany was well on the way to recovery when Hitler took power.Later side stories turn Zeon into space Japan, so they go the route of honorable heroic Zeeks vs those damn feddies. The only way they can do this is to show all of the atrocities the Federation has heaped upon space nois, when in fact if you watch ZZ and CCA in particular, most of the higher ups give no shits about the war and happily capitulate/allow Haman to drop a colony for population control.

Dude it's the opposite. Zeon in Gundam 0079 is imperialistic japan while in later installments (especially starting from 0083 Stardust memory) they become much more space nazis, aesthetic and all.
>>
>>15303984
What about ZZ?
>>
>>15304024

Shangri-La is kid of dirty and slummy, but it's outright stated to be one of the oldest colonies, and even then it's still nicer than many first world cities.
>>
>>15302612
Spacenoids were never oppressed. The other sides hated Zeon as mentioned in Zeta and most of them were Feddie supporters or "neutral" at worst.

Spacenoids always had freedom and prosperity. Zeon existed solely as an arm for Gihren to implement a literal genocide plan for inferior races as a means of controlling human consumption and development.
>>
>>15302612

>Over taxation

What was Gihren's tax policy?
>>
>>15302676
And here I though Amuro having a "Jewfro" was just a funny little /m/ meme.
>>
>>15304454
Every year he gasses your colony and if you survive you owe him 7% of your income.
>>
>>15302612
Zeon are basically the Nazis with the backstory of colonial America basically their motivation is actually
>muh taxation without representation
>>
>>15304024
Oh yeah, forgot about that.
>>
>>15304545
So pretty much Piccolo day?
>>
Why don't the Feds have muhreens? Zeon does
>>
>>15303984
Palau isn't even a 'real' colony but the private mining colony of some Zeekfag. Even then, it probably wouldn't be so shitty if they spent more on basic housing and infrastructure and less on builiding huge, opulent palaces for their shitty Zeek leaders.

>>15304454
Probably high taxes for the lower and middle classes. Need to fund the war machine, after all.
>>
>>15306073
They probably do
You just have to find their equivalent
I was gonna say EFSF but I'm not sure
>>
>>15302612
The series starts half way through the war, why would it show them being oppressed? And no shit its villages and poverty, the cites are beat to hell.
>>
>>15302612
Essentially, space supremacists who later became Japan's imperial self insertion.

With The Origin, it is now gone full Weimer Republic to Third Reich.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.