[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

okay this is a very unusual topic, but bare with me for a second.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 717LP7f8sNL._SL1500_.jpg (208KB, 1270x1500px) Image search: [Google]
717LP7f8sNL._SL1500_.jpg
208KB, 1270x1500px
okay this is a very unusual topic, but bare with me for a second.

About a few months ago, a family moved into my neighborhood. They have 3 kids, two boys(6 and 10) and a girl. Thing is, I'm sort of an atheist, the family seemed super christian and from what I've seen, they seem to lead a pretty boring life with nothing much going on besides watching 3d Disney movies.

So I bought a SD gunpla kit and made it with the boys, introduced them to buildfighters on youtube. They loved that shit. Then they started really getting into Seed Destiny and now they own about 9 HG kits within several months.

Then they ask me what my favorite Gundam series is, I told them I like Zeta(okayokay inb4 zeta sux meimei). So one of them showed interesting in seeing it.

I showed it to him today and after about 4 minutes in, he says he doesn't like it. So I turn on G gundam, he can't get past the intro. Then I turn on Mightgaine because I wanted to see how the show is because of SRWV, they think it's like power rangers and again, they couldn't get past the intro.

Their main complaint is that the art is too ugly/old. I know this is autistic and childish as hell, but it legit made me cringe inside. Do I just accept it as how it is and move on? Or is there any way to ease them into the amazing world of UC gundams?
>>
The vast majority of human beings are unthinking prejudice machines, anon.
>>
>>15296517
I guess I was a fool to think that there are less bias in kids' mind than those of adults'.
>>
they are kids anon, of coarse they wont stand poor animation, ive been into gundam since i was a wee laddy but only ended watching the original when i was 19 since i could see past the dated animation. Show them gundam thunderbolt so that they can be scared for life.
>>
>>15296569
I wanted to, but they are mega christian family, so I would probably get fucked if I showed their kids something like Thunderbolt. Besides, would people even enjoy Thunderbolt without having the understanding of OYW?
>>
How about Unicorn?
>>
>>15296503
Dude, these are KIDS. SEED is a great series for kids to get into Gundam with, but it's going to be a while until they appreciate the story/art style of UC and 80's-90's anime.

The best you could do is have them watch 00 or hell, AGE and wait for them to start exploring Gundam on their own.
>>
>>15296503
You're asking us why a super-Christian family who watches nothing but CGI Disney cartoons are too close-minded to appreciate traditional cel-animation and long-form story telling without black and white character archetypes?

You answered your own question.
>>
>>15296503
I hated dated animation as well when I was a kid.
Made me feel old.

What the fuck was the point in bringing up religion?
Do you wear a fedora?
>>
>>15296654
>00

Even if those kids are smart enough to internalize the parricide, the terrorism, or THERE IS NO GOD IN THIS WORLD, the sight of S1 Sumeragi's breasts and ass occupying up to 80% of the screen at any given time will have those boys sinning against Jesus every night, guaranteed.
>>
>>15296517
Normies, man.

Every time.
>>
>>15296503
>Or is there any way to ease them into the amazing world of UC gundams?

Show them Unicorn. It's pretty and will catch their attention better.

They're kids. They aren't going to sit through decades old animation that they don't like and you can't make them nostalgic for old UC Gundam when it came out well before they're born.

If they like Unicorn, maybe you can convince them to watch more of UC.
>>
>>15296503
Just wait until they grow up. I think it's amazing that you managed to get them into Gundam.
>>
>>15296697
Cuz some variants of Christianity can be extremely strict towards what they show to kids. Once their dad even rejected the kid's request of renting Gundam the Origin manga from the library because "it has too many people with tight clothing".

I'm pretty sure this is cuz of their religion? I mean why else would they be so over protective?

>>15296874
Yeah I will try to see if they can tolerate Unicorn. I guess the main problem with this is that probably there will be no gundam until several episodes in(never watched tv version).

>>15296892
It took careful planning and effort. At first I was trying to get them in to Kamen Rider but that failed miserably.
>>
Turn A Gundam could be a bit morekids oriented at first?
I'd probably not bring them to Gundam for some time, though. Harlock, Macross, or simpler series would probably be better suited. Heck, they probably need to watch Dragonball to get familiar with anime drawing style first.
>>
File: kira-ntr.jpg (73KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
kira-ntr.jpg
73KB, 704x528px
>>15296808
As opposed to Murrue's tits jiggling around in every OP and in the middle of battle, and Kira literally fucking over his best friend's gf?
>>
>>15297186
>I mean why else would they be so over protective?
Because they're stupid hicks with no confidence in their parenting skills or their childrens' ability to differentiate between right and wrong?

I mean, I was brought up Christian still am and my parents/grandparents had no problem letting me watch Terminator 2 when I was 7 years old.

Must be an American thing...
>>
>>15296689
>You're asking us why a super-Christian family who watches nothing but CGI Disney cartoons are too close-minded to appreciate traditional cel-animation and long-form story telling without black and white character archetypes? You answered your own question.

You sound like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>15296503
OP, why aren't you showing them G-Reco? It's made for kids, it's light, funny, has robots and even the pope.
>>
File: oneesan.jpg (81KB, 980x719px) Image search: [Google]
oneesan.jpg
81KB, 980x719px
>>15297776
Because it promotes incest ;)
>>
>>15297186
In that case you probably don't want to introduce the kid to 00, whose protagonist openly denounces the existence of god on several occasions.
Actually scratch that. Make him watch 00.
Try to get the kid to say that he wants to become Gundam too.
>>
>>15296503
>trying to corrupt the last bastion of western virtue
Typical atheist
>>
>>15297720
>Must be an American thing...
Nah, I was raised Christian and my parents let me watch Starship Troopers and Alien when I was 5. And I live in the South.
>>
>>15296503
accept it & move on.
time will let them know the amazing world of UC Gundams, provided they still sane in mind.

reminds me of my starting step into Gundam through SEED because local channel broadcast on Sunday Morning; in local dub & they suck at it.
back at the time i was young & robot is my passion. i remember my childhood friend said that Gundam is a clusterfuck things to be avoid, but fuck him for not knowing Gundam in a proper way.
when time goes by & getting older, turned into UC Gundam & bam, it doesn't feel bad as it seems for the old animation part.

>>15297186
> I mean why else would they be so over protective?
either religion, or family figure head was a control freak.
it could be worst when many factors clunked up together. because you know, family.
>>
>>15297776
The only bad part about G-Reco would be the start where it plays the death of her commander a bit too serious.
But it's G-reco. Nicely animated, good soundtrack and with an overall positive atmosphere.
They won't be able to really make sense of it but I doubt most kids kept track of which badges/pokemons Ash had, either.
>>
>>15296503
>OP in charge of not being autistic
Show them Gundam AGE and Gunpla builders and that's it.
There's not much that they'll be allowed to watch and I don't reccomend going behind their parents back and showing them stuff like IBO.

Also just let the kids explore what they like on their own.
I know we all like to share the /m/echa experience with others, but there's no need to try and brainwash a child into liking it.
>>
>>15298494

> TFW as a kid it bugged the hell out of me Ash had a Tauros out of seemingly nowhere.
>>
>>15297186
>tokufag
You disgust me. If you led with that, you just helped them understand that you have shit taste and now everything you show them is suspect.
>>
>>15296503
That's because you showed them Build Fighters and SEED you fucking piece of shit.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.