[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish I could pretend this was good but I can't. Also,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: MazingerZmanga.png (2MB, 1017x1300px) Image search: [Google]
MazingerZmanga.png
2MB, 1017x1300px
I wish I could pretend this was good but I can't. Also, the Toei anime is better. I don't even know why this is an unpopular opinion.
>>
No, that's roughly par for the course.

But I don't know why you have to word it in such a contentious way.
>>
>>15296348
It's just the same with Cutie Honey. These manga are praised just for being well known and spawning plenty of spin-offs, even if the content is actually not very good. I wonder if they would be so celebrated had them never be made into anime series.
>>
stating opinion != discussion
This is a shit thread and you are a shitposter
>>
File: Independent-thought.png (221KB, 641x512px) Image search: [Google]
Independent-thought.png
221KB, 641x512px
>>15296329
>>
>>15296329
>I don't even know why this is an unpopular opinion.
I don't think it is. The Gosaku Ota manga is generally regarded as superior.
>>
>>15299647
The scans can be found anywhere? In english?
>>
>>15299680
http://getterrobo.blogspot.com/2011/12/ufo-robo-grendizer-by-gosaku-ota.html?m=1
>>
>>15296329
I like the tone and Nagai's art but it mostly rides on its premise. I would never call Toei's series better, but I agree the original manga isn't amazing. It's not bad, though.
>>
>>15296348
>But I don't know why you have to word it in such a contentious way.

Cause it will get people to reply in a hostile manner and eventually attract the guy who accuses everyone of being a spic.
>>
>>15296359
>I wonder if they would be so celebrated had them never be made into anime series.

Not a chance. Nagai is well know all over the world for some of the anime adapations of works. The fame comes from there because if we had to rely only on his manga production lol it's like 98% teen garbage. Seriously the only worthy material is Violence Jack and Devilman. The rest is to put it mildly forgettable.
>>
>>15299939
>Devilman
Speaking of which, how does the anime version of Devilman compare to the manga?
>>
>>15299956
It has some similar concepts and characters but like Mazinger Z despite airing alongside the manga its pretty different.

This phrases the differences well enough: https://youtu.be/3EkRUCmFALU?t=31
>>
>>15299939
nagai got popular through some of his manga unlike lazy Matsumoto, Pedro
>>
Omorai kun, harenchi gakuen, abashiri family were all hits and they didn't have adaptations till much later. Omorai still doesn't.
>>
>>15299939
That's because people didn't license manga back then you retard
>>
>manga made to blow off steam doesn't take its plot seriously
STOP THE PRESSES
It's still worth reading and Mazinger is still cool
>old toei
>good
Alright, this is bait, it's amusing in short bursts but fuck son, it's not good.
>>
>>15300468
Honestly, I think it's alright for what it is. What it is being a TV show meant to entertain kids and sell some merchandise.
>>
>>15300451
Some popular manga did got forgotten because they were never adapted or the anime adaptation was unsuccessful, though. Gaki Deka was huge when it came out.
>>
>>15300406
Neat, I'll check out the anime then since it looks fun and is it's own thing. I'm not a fan of when the anime is just an adaptation.

After Devilman and Shin Devilman, is there anything else I should check out besides Devillady and Devilman G?
>>
>>15301722
Dante Shinkyoku and Mao Dante.
>>
>>15299939
>98% teen garbage
So equal to or better than what is talked about on this board. Nice English, by the way.
>>
>>15300451
Osomatsu Kun had two adaptions: one during the comic's run with animation bordering Clutch Cargo in terms of cheapness and one in the late '80s that was so Japanese it's physically painful to watch.
>>
>>15302721
not only you bumped a garbage thread, you also mistook omorai-kun for osomatsu-kun.
>>
>>15296359
The same can be said about Lazy Matsumoto.
>>
>>15296329
Both are pretty bad in theiir own way.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.