[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this so bad? It's like the authors don't even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 18

Why was this so bad? It's like the authors don't even know how politics and warfare works.

As expected of a bunch of manchildren who hasn't done shit since WW2.
>>
>>15290762
I personally love this show.
Do tell me what you found bad about it.
>>
>>15290762
you tell me. why start a thread without any actual input?
>>
>>15290936
It's badly written with over exposition.
>>
>>15290959

It's supposed to be seen like a historical documentary.
>>
>>15290959
But thanks to that we have so many great reaction images. Think positively.
>>
>>15290959
>over exposition
That would suggest most of what is being discussed is useless to the plot at hand, which it isn't. The universe is very rich and many things wouldn't make sense unless you know earth history, the rise of Goldenbaum, and the intricacies of politics on both sides. Sure the show is garrulous, and we could have a debate over whether LoGH can be considered an adaptation or an abridged illustrated sound novel. But that's a matter of form, not content.
>It's like the authors don't even know how politics and warfare works
How so? Considering the setting is set hundreds of years into the future the author can do whatever the fuck he wants with tactics and politics. Also just because the characters, especially on the empire side, have a set of values that appear as dated or downright cheesy and impractical at times, doesn't make them less valid characters. People like them did exist, still do.
>>
>>15291002
Future politics is somehow different that what politics has always been through history? Future politics doesn't follow human logic?
The problem is not what it does with politics. The problem is that the issues it discusses are really basic which is bound to happen every time you try to discuss a complex issue in terms of abstract philosophical truth.
>>
>>15291022
How are LoGH politics so different from politics throughout history? How don't they follow human logic? Please give examples.
>>
>>15290968
That doesn't make for a good show.

Also, the drama is pretty bad too. A lot of scenes could have been way better done, but the majority of them ended up being cheesy and not dramatic at all.
>>
>>15291073
>Also, the drama is pretty bad too. A lot of scenes could have been way better done,
Now that's a sound argument. Kircheis death for instance was pretty bad. It's only much later that I actually felt sad over it.
But when Logh does drama right, it does it way too right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRPIjNVszAQ
>>
File: op.png (279KB, 898x790px) Image search: [Google]
op.png
279KB, 898x790px
>>15291055
he doesnt have any, he's just too intelligent to think things are good
>>
>>15290941
this is a fucking epidemic on this shitty modless board, literally non fucking stop 0/10 bait threads no absolutely no input. Always just
>why was this sooOooooOO fucking stupid and shitty lol???
>image of something widely enjoyed
>manchilds btfo!
>>
>>15291055
You were the one that implied this.
> Considering the setting is set hundreds of years into the future the author can do whatever the fuck he wants with politics.
I was simply protesting. My questions were rhetorical and I don't see how they could be interpreted otherwise.
>>
>>15291123
Well yeah, and I rest by my statement, though I should probably have added "as long as it's consistent". I only said that because that other anon was implying that, because the political and moral conflicts in LoGH are at times so very removed from what we consider politics today, they don't make sense.
>>
>>15291120
It's xPearse. What else can you expect? He's /m/'s current cancer.
>>
File: OP is a faggot.jpg (64KB, 878x298px) Image search: [Google]
OP is a faggot.jpg
64KB, 878x298px
>>15290762
Why is this thread so bad? It's like OP doesn't even know how 4chan works.

As expected of a manchild who hasn't done shit since dropping out of high school.
>>
>>15291174
Why did you post that screenshot?
>>
>>15291120
Shit eating zeta faggot detected
>>
>>15290762
>It's like the authors don't even know how politics and warfare works
Enlighten me with how they do work.
>>
File: 1487273368348.gif (653KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1487273368348.gif
653KB, 500x374px
>>15290762
Let's turn a garbage thread about throwing out vague negative statements without any backing arguments into a good thread actually about LoGH.

Had Reinhard died before establishing the Goldenlowe Empire and it devolved into a bid for power amongst his admirals, who do you think would win? We are talking a hypothetical situation where the FPA will have little interference with this internal strife.
>>
>>15291260
To be fair, LotGH is notorious for its badly portrayed warfare. It's really cringey when people who have never read anything about military engagement tries to write or talk about them. One time, I had a history teacher who insisted Napoleon was a genius tactician precisely because he was the first one to ever flank his enemies. I kid you not.
>American education
>>
>>15291345
Most likely Reunthal, who's likely the best of Reinhard's admirals. In fact. I can see him and Mittermeyer being a sort of ersatz Reinhard and Kircheis.
>>
>>15291352
Isn't Tanaka a RoTK chinaboo though
>>
>>15291369
RotK isn't real warfare, anon.
>>
>>15291372
Yeah, RotK has some real retarded shit.
>>
>>15291352
>It's really cringey when people who have never read anything about military engagement tries to write or talk about them.
You really fail to see the irony in this post, don't you?

>>15291353
I'm not sure Mittermeyer would ally with him if he aimed for the top. I personally would side with Oberstein but he himself put if best that he was not charismatic enough to rally the people behind him.
>>
>>15291408
>You really fail to see the irony in this post, don't you?
Notice how I said read. Obviously, people who have actually participated in war will always have a better perspective. But as a fiction writer, or someone trying to teach about general warfare, you need to read those firsthand accounts in order to convey what realistically has actually happened on battlefields. Btw, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>15291424
Yes and the author very clearly read about Napoleonic tactics because space battles in LoGH play out very similarly. There is logic to the battles and while they feel simplistic, by the way things work with them it follows a set logic that confirms to military strategies. Pray tell, what specifically is wrong with the tactics in LoGH? You gonna bring up the old "semicircle" argument, despite quite literally pincer attacks actually are one the most effective strategies in human history? What better strategies would you provide that make more sense, oh learned one?

Ship battles aren't particularly flashy you twit.
>>
Overture To A New War, showed off some different tactics, we have to take the shows budget into consideration.

I think they would have written more complex battles if they had the money for it. However I thought they did well all things considering.

Also there hasn't been a LotGH general thread in a while. So let's turn OPs pile of feces into a productive Iserlohn.
>>
File: fuckyou.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>15290762
Go back to fucking Code Geass then, you cumstain.
>>
Look at all these triggered people.

Face it, LOGH is nowhere as good as its dumb fans made it out to be.

>>15291560
At least plenty of code geass fags admit that their show is garbage, but are still entertained by it.

You on the other hand should get off your high horse.
>>
>>15291575
>At least plenty of code geass fags admit that their show is garbage
Please attempt to making your lying less obvious
>>
>>15291408
>I'm not sure Mittermeyer would ally with him if he aimed for the top.

If the alternative is a long dragged out civil war that brings suffering to the people, or even worse, the Goldenbaum dynasty reasserting itself, then yeah, I can totally see Mittermeyer siding with Reunthal, as long as Reunthal doesn't go Full Rudolph or anything.
>>
>>15291673
True, although Reunthal himself questioned if he could be as magnanimous as Reinhard and not succumb to the power. Now another interesting question is could anyone overcome the might of the Twin Stars? I think it would require a team up with Oberstein and one of the other level headed admirals, though most hated him so I'm unsure if that's possible.
>>
>>15291696
>Now another interesting question is could anyone overcome the might of the Twin Stars?

Outside of Yang? Possibly Merkatz. He beat Reunthal during the civil war and in the novel, when he counterattacked to save Braunschweig and the other idiot nobles at Geisburg, it was stated that if he had better ships that he would have wiped out both the Twin Stars right then and there.

Among Reinhard's other admirals, I can't really see any combination of them being a match for both Reunthal and Mittermeyer.
>>
>>15291575
Truth. But it still has one of the worst fanbases ever.
>>
>>15291408

Oberstein and Reunthal would've made an awesome new Kircheis and Rhinehard
>>
>>15291560
You can like both LOGH and Geass or even dislike both, plus every option in between. It's not a surprise.
>>
>>15290762
LoGH is an excellent show, but a certain part of its newly acquired western fanbase is made up of people with sticks up their asses who speak BS from ivory towers and can't accept anything other than calling it the best show ever, when it definitely isn't, so they bully everything else.
>>
>>15291451
Pseudo Napoleonic tactics make zero sense in space.
>>
>>15290762
It's a great show and accomplishes a lot.

Its greatest fault is how melodramatic and heavy-handed it is, but I think that mood is fitting considering its about a larger-than-life aristocratic/bureaucratic war by space Prussians.
>>
>>15293588
The western fanbase has been around for a while. I rarely see them get uppity about the show unless someone just throws out a blanket statement to insult it or attempt to diminish it's quality.

>>15293675
Pray tell, why not? You need to give more explanation if you want to make a claim like that.
>>
File: 1388554986707.jpg (164KB, 590x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1388554986707.jpg
164KB, 590x2400px
>>15290762
>>out
>>
>>15294567
>how dare someone insult my favorite children's cartoon on a public image board
>>
>>15294577
>I'm only pretending to be retarded
>>
File: 1488534829443.jpg (70KB, 614x463px) Image search: [Google]
1488534829443.jpg
70KB, 614x463px
>>15290762
Why was this post so bad? It's like the OP doesn't even know how politics and warfare works.
As expected of a bunch a manchild who hasn't done shit since birth.
>>
>>15294534
Napoleonic tactics, like all tactics, were suited for the technology of the battlefield. Not to mention you're comparing tactics on Earth to what you can do in space. That's just plain stupid. Lastly, there was nothing inherently Napoleonic about LotGH's battles.
>>
>>15294667

A lot of the detractors use that meme excuse to make fun of the show.

Same with calling the fanbase elitist.

Idk why they think their generalized blanket statements would be received well as if these points haven't be argued at nauseum.
>>
File: 1488553785136.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1488553785136.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>>15294667
The current landscape of war for LoGH is that they engage in ship combat head on. Due to scanning and detection technology stealth is impossible and surprise attacks can be spotted from quite the distance. This means that you basically have the only option of fleet battles that boil down to a combination of numbers and fleet formation. No fucking shit the battles play out like old time naval battles because logically those are their only options in the depths of space.

Naval combat stopped being head on battles with the advent of 3 types of technology: stealth, submarines, and aircrafts. Stealth is near impossible of it's in a wide open area answer even enclosed it's difficult and requires very fast execution, but only a few times was anyone dragged into terrain that could really facilitate that. Submarines don't exist in space other than, and it happens several times, if the fleet manages to come from below you are fucked. As for aircrafts they use tons with the spartanians and other fighter ships, however they can only deployed when near by or else they will be shot down/run out of fuel.

The tactics in LoGH make sense because by the logic of the show given the technology and setting, things basically would devolve into ship warfare. The only fault of logic is that they don't take advantage of the three dimensional aspect enough and treat the galaxy as a single flat map where space travel from one planet to any other planet is on a single horizontal plane. They somewhat cover this by establishing the truth of unstable space making it that they have to follow certain roots if they don't want to endanger their ships, and that direct flight from one planet to another would be fastest but it doesn't take into account when several ships coming from several planets meet.

So basically, shut up.
>>
>>15294711
>The current landscape of war for LoGH is that they engage in ship combat head on.
Which is stupid and unrealistic. It makes no sense and that means the warfare portrayed in LotGH is silly and bad.
>Due to scanning and detection technology stealth is impossible and surprise attacks can be spotted from quite the distance.
That doesn't excuse them just going straight for each other like bulls, not to mention you just stated how its nothing like Napoleonic combat which was heavily based on outmaneuvering foes.
>No fucking shit the battles play out like old time naval battles
First off, I never said that. Secondly, that's not how naval battles were ever conducted.
>Stealth is near impossible of it's in a wide open area
Maneuvering does not require stealth and stealth is exceedingly rare on the battlefield.
>The tactics in LoGH make sense
No. LotGH is notorious for having nonsensical combat because - guess what - it's stupid as all hell. Combat isn't the focus of the series by any means, but that doesn't mean it can't be made fun of for that. Ease up, fanboy.
>>
>>15294762
>Which is stupid and unrealistic. It makes no sense and that means the warfare portrayed in LotGH is silly and bad.
You keep saying its unrealistic, how is it unrealistic?

>That doesn't excuse them just going straight for each other like bulls, not to mention you just stated how its nothing like Napoleonic combat which was heavily based on outmaneuvering foes.
They don't do that though, they face off in formation to attempt to shoot the enemy as best they can whole minimizing casualties. They constantly try to maneuver and shift their positioning to keep their numbers high and take out as many ships as possible. There is a grand total of one person who regularly charges at the enemy and that is Bittenfeld, and that tactic regularly bites him in the ass to the point Reinhard almost sentenced him to death in an episode. One of the only other times a charge has been employed was when Reinhard attacked to break through a pincer formation by charging at its weakest point.

You are arguing blindly to the point I question not only your understanding of actual naval/military strategy but I also question if you have seen the show.
>>
>>15294762
>LoGH has no maneuvering
watch the show before shitposting for christs sake, how the fuck is this thread still up it is jsut blatant shitposting through and through
>>
>>15294711
Well said Bro
>>
File: wp_ss_20170307_0002.png (47KB, 480x227px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20170307_0002.png
47KB, 480x227px
Can we at least agree that Reinhard is the most beautiful man in the galaxy?
>>
File: heavy breathing.jpg (18KB, 373x344px) Image search: [Google]
heavy breathing.jpg
18KB, 373x344px
>>15295791
>backbiting gossip of sovereign-subject sodomy would likely have been inevitable
W-Wait, what?
>>
>>15295791
Top tier writing.
>>
>>15290959
>tune in into soap opera
>wow there's a lot of talking

kill yourself.
>>
So all this autism and baiting boils down to "muh realism"?
>>
>>15296520
It comes down to people having never watched the show wanting to seem cultured by stating contrarian opinions about something well received to seem smarter and of more refined tastes. There are also some people who seem to have a vendetta against things they don't like receiving high praise, especially when it's given more praise than what they like (see Digibro's autistic whining that liking LoGH is proof you have boring taste, or better yet don't see that because his videos are terrible).

Also it's just the shitposting mentality of this sight. Why have a discussion when you can make a blanket statement that has no basis in fact while watching the reactions roll in whole going "lol I baited you cucks." We are in an age where by and large people are embodying "only pretending to be retarded."
>>
>>15297991
>contrarian
The fact that you use this word means you're a dumb sheep who can't think on his own.

People have different opinions. Get used to it.
>>
File: 1484130100848.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484130100848.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>15298144
Yes people have different opinions, but people who posit an opinion purely to go against popular opinion are contrarian purely for the sake of being contrarian. There is nothing wrong with having differing opinions and viewpoints but the fact of the matter is the detractors of LoGH, in this thread at least, are not motivated by anything other than going against the grain to have a "unique and enlightened opinion." They are the same people who call it "baby's first space political drama" or state it has flaws without giving reasons/examples.

I defended the tactics of the series while also pointing out the biggest gaping flaw in the tactics. No one who whines about "unrealistic battles" ever brings up the lack of 3 dimensional navigation or interactions, and that illustrates they either don't know anything about tactics or about LoGH or both.

There is no need to resort to ad hominem by calling me sheep, all it does is prove you have no argument.

So in conclusion: eat my boogers, kid.
>>
>>15298191
>but people who posit an opinion purely to go against popular opinion are contrarian purely for the sake of being contrarian.
Which you'll have to prove.

The rest of what you're saying is purely conjecture.
>>
>>15298191
Suppose people are actually being contrarian, so fucking what? Why do you care? Why do you feel the need to point that out?

That's because you're a fanboy. Grow thicker skin and just deal with it. You realise you're getting mad because someone hates your favourite show. That's fucking stupid. You're a child.
>>
>>15298219
The rest of what he said IS the proof.
>>
>>15298222
Because contrarianism is shitposting and shitposting is in direct violation of the global rules. We have three (3) boards specifically for you to shitpost in. Do it there. Not here.
>>
>>15298227
You're the one calling it contrarianism, even though it's just someone's opinion.

Don't like it? Don't read it. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>15298231
>ignoring the problem removes the board rot it causes
Contrarianism is posting contrary opinions for the sake of being different and starting fights. You posited that even if someone is being contrarian that it doesn't matter. This is wrong.
>>
File: 1488551136566.jpg (25KB, 960x700px) Image search: [Google]
1488551136566.jpg
25KB, 960x700px
>>15298219
>Which you'll have to prove.
I have, I have been the long winded one in this whole thread and have provided my side of the argument with examples from the show. The onus is on them to now prove they aren't just shitposting to go against the grain and be said contrarians.

>>15298222
>Suppose people are actually being contrarian, so fucking what? Why do you care? Why do you feel the need to point that out?
Because 3 reasons: I enjoy arguing, the point of an image based discussion board is to discuss, and as >>15298227 pointed out shitposting is against the rules due to it being counter productive to actual discussion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and with that comes everyone else being entitled to point out if they are being a fucking ponce with stupid ideas/opinions that are unfounded.

Really it sounds like you need thicker skin, friend.
>>
>>15298235
>You posited that even if someone is being contrarian that it doesn't matter. This is wrong.
Yeah it doesn't matter, because in the end, it's called having an opinion.

Opinions aren't supposed to be nice, or even truthful, that's what makes it an opinion. That person believes in his own opinion, and you're trying to shut it all down because you're a butt hurt fanboy.

You logh fags need to get over yourself and stop worshipping some dumb cartoon.
>>
>>15290762
MODS! DAMN YOU! DO WE EVEN HAVE JANITORS!?
>>
>>15298238
>I have,
That's not proof, that's an assumption based on your own logic.

>to actual discussion
No such thing. Discussion is discussion, regardless of the level.

>>15298242
Yeah call the mods whenever someone says he hates your favourite show. How mature of you.
>>
>>15298239
The whole problem is that he DOESN'T believe it. He likely hasn't even watched the show.

The whole problem with contrarianism is that the entire point of it is specifically to be disruptive on purpose. For contrarianism to be an opinion, they'd have to have an actual opinion first instead of tailoring his statements to whatever fanbase the contrarian has targeted today just because he wants (You)s.
>>
>>15298244
>Discussion is discussion, regardless of the level.
There is a minimum level of discussion that is permissable. If you don't believe this then go over to /v/ and see how that belief of yours plays out, because that board is the poster child of what contrarianism and shitposting do to a board. If you don't want this place to be /v/ - Mecha, then you must recognize that there are certain things you cannot do here. One of the biggest is posting contrarian opinions as bait.
>>
File: 1488520495539.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488520495539.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>15298244
Cmon at least try, don't go on the weak logical fallacy
>>
Was shitposting about LOGH ever a bannable offense like shitposting about Planetes was?
>>
>>15298268
No, I don't think moot had ever seen a series longer than 26 episodes.
>>
>>15298250
Just more assumptions.
>>
>>15298320
People are welcome to posit their opinion and back it with fact, should they choose to not back a claim with reason or explanation when it comes into question then they shall be branded for the shitposting they are committing.

Now back to a real discussion point: does anyone have any hope for the new LoGH? Because I sure as fuck don't.
>>
>>15298250
If people are being disrupted by someone's opinion, it's their own problem, not the one posting the opinion.

In that case, anything is disruptive. You know what else is disruptive? Calling AGE a good show.

So in the end, grow the fuck up and learn to deal with other people's opinions.
>>
>>15298341
>should they choose to not back a claim
It's a fucking opinion you dumb shit.

If i hate a show, it's my opinion. What do you need facts for?
>>
>>15298254
Am I being contrarian if I say all muslims deserve to die?

Many people are muslim.

Answer this.
>>
>>15298343
You're still ignoring the 'on purpose' part of that statement. If you post an opinion that will disrupt the board WITH THE INTENTION OF disrupting the board, especially if you don't even actually hold that opinion, doubly so if you've never even seen the show, that's shitposting.

If you're just going to hit and run with a shitty opinion that you aren't even going to bother to back up with anything other than 'it's shit' and telling others that their taste is garbage for not agreeing with you, that's not shitposting, but it is posting garbage and has no place here. If you're going to discuss your opinion then discuss it. You don't get to simply present it as fact and yell at people.
>>
>>15298349
They aren't saying "I hate this show" instead they are saying its bad and others are stupid for liking it, people then offer a counter point. This is discussion because the first post is positing their opinion as fact, therefore others will contest the credulity of that statement.

If someone claims "the earth is flat and you're all fucking stupid for thinking otherwise" are people unable to debate that and provide logic/evidence that their statement is false?
>>
>>15298351
You're not only being contrarian, you're /pol/-baiting and offtopic. That assertation on /m/ breaks three rules at once, at minimum.
>>
>>15298349
A reason to post at all. If you're just going to shit your worthless opinion onto a plate and yell "eat up, faggots", it's not going to go well. You think your opinion is right? Then back it up.
>>
>>15298364
>their taste is garbage
when did that happen?
>>
>>15298372
>it's not going to go well.
Not my problem. People chose to get upset.

>You think your opinion is right?
It's not right or wrong. It's an opinion, about a cartoon.

If people don't like it, fine, but stop trying to censor free speech everytime someone posts something disagreeable.

>>15298369
>You're not only being contrarian
Ok you're a dumbass. If you don't believe that's an opinion that many people hold, and not just doing it to stir shit up, then you're dumb as shit.

>you're /pol/-baiting and offtopic.
It was an example you dumbshit, and it's off topic because you're the one getting all butthurt over someone hating LOGH.

Get over yourself.
>>
File: logh2.png (319KB, 432x600px) Image search: [Google]
logh2.png
319KB, 432x600px
literally the greatest show of all time, tied with Aria.
>>
>>15293675
No one knows how large scale battles are gonna be fought in space, so I think they did alright considering.
>>
>>15291560
Code Geass unironically has more subtle and realistic political intrigue than the 15 or so episodes of LoGH I managed to watch before dropping it though.
That's not to say CG is good, it's fucking shit.
>>
>>15298596
Fuck off AnimeEveryday
>>
>>15298950
>Code Geass unironically has more subtle and realistic political intrigue
Explain
>>
>>15298966
I can't, it's bullshit and it's been too long since I watched CG for me to even remember. I do legitimately think the way the show handles political shit is less insufferable than LoGH's method of hamhanding in entry level political ideas and making almost every single person besides the main characters either comically stupid or short sighted to make its points. CG felt like just watching a dumb show, while LoGH felt like watching a dumb show try really hard to make itself sound smart enough to fool middle schoolers.
>>
>>15298498
>It's not right or wrong. It's an opinion
Opinions can't be right or wrong? I know you're pretending to be retarded this whole thread, but now you're not even trying
>>
>>15290762
>>15291575
>>15294577
>>15294762
Here's you (You), eternal contrarian shitposter
>>15298144
>>15298219
>>15298222
>>15298231
>>15298239
>>15298244
>>15298320
>>15298343
>>15298349
>>15298498
Don't think I forgot about your (You), Mr. "It's not shitposting, it's just an opinion, even if they never try to back it up when prodded, and you're just upset about free speech even though I keep responding to white knight the shitposter"
>>
>>15298981
>LoGH's method of hamhanding in entry level political ideas and making almost every single person besides the main characters either comically stupid or short sighted to make its points.
When does it do this?
>>
>>15299000
>Opinions can't be right or wrong? I know you're pretending to be retarded this whole thread, but now you're not even trying
Please get an education before you spout shit.

The opinion that I think a show sucks is not falsifiable, because there are no accepted metric for what a good show constitutes and also because everyone is different, and have their own ideas about what's good in a show and what isn't.

This opinion cannot be right or wrong, because it's not making a truth statement.

Again, you faggots don't know shit. No wonder you are attacking me. You guys don't even understand the concept of opinions.

>>15299052
>they never try to back it up
Back what up?

What the fuck does anyone need to "back"? It's a cartoon you dumb shit, not science.
>>
>>15299235
The original post makes a claim as seen here >>15290762
>Why was this so bad? It's like the authors don't even know how politics and warfare works.
>As expected of a bunch of manchildren who hasn't done shit since WW2.
They never back this up, explain with examples, or deduce anything from what's in the show in this thread. The only person who ever did that and pointed out the flaws and weaknesses of the warfare in the show, was this poster who actually likes the show, here: >>15294711
Meanwhile, you're here spouting "its just an opinion", when the shitposter isn't just saying an opinion, but claiming the show was objectively bad by making inaccurate criticisms about it
>>
>>15299299
>They never back this up, explain with examples,
There's nothing to back because it's an opinion about a show.

>claiming the show was objectively bad
I don't see the word "objectively" in OP's post.

All I see is that OP thinks the show is bad, that's literally it.

>inaccurate criticisms about it
You're a dumb fanboy. People don't see things the way you see them. That's why it's called an opinion.

Like I said, GET AN EDUCATION.

LEARN WHAT AN OPINION IS. LEARN WHAT A FACT IS. LEARN WHAT KIND OF OPINIONS ARE FALSIFIABLE AND WHAT AREN'T.

Jesus fuck, no wonder this board is going to shit, no, not because of OP, but because of people who want /m/ to be their hugbox.
>>
>>15299321
At this point, I think it's clear that there's something off with your head that can't understand anything above basic reading comprehension and concepts or you're just another shitposer. Either way, no point in continuing
>>
>>15299321
No one cares about baseless opinions, we want justified evaluations. It does'nt have to be a deductively sound argument, but there should be something by which the opinion can be related to the actual content of the show, and actually has something to do with it.
>>
>>15299321
>this board is going to shit, no, not because of OP
Yes, this board is not going to shit because of constant shitposters who just say a bunch of shows are bad because of vague, generalized "reasons" and white knighters like you who just say "Its just an opinion", but because of people who want to actually discuss why they like or dislike a show based on what they actually watched. You forgot your :^)

>opinion
Why do you keep using this word over and over as if it is some kind of cover when its been made clear that it's more than just spouting an opinion? If you've been on /m/ less than a day, you can figure out the structure of these shitposts. They say "Why was this so bad?", which implies that its not just the person's opinion that it was bad, but that there is significant consensus that on the board that this is. Very confusing for newfags. If they say why it was so bad, its usually some vague generalization or more likely just insult the person for asking why they thought it was bad. Occassionally, as posters on here have done in this thread, people will respond to their "criticism" by pointing out that's it not accurate at all and provide evidence from the show that contradicts what the shitposter is saying, making them look like they didn't even watch the show and/or they're just making shit up. By this point the shitposters resort to saying that "we just can't handle criticism of your favourite show" which is absurd when all anyone (who's not an attention-seeking shitposter) wanted out of the discussion was valid criticism.

I already know that you're gonna respond the exact same way, and say that we just don't like hearing a different opinion, but that's false. If someone posts to /m/ they're not enjoying a series they're watching, many posters, including myself will say that they don't have to watch it if they don't like it. If its a show that I've watched before, I may even give my opinion on when it gets better, worse or is the same shit
>>
>>15299299
>GET AN EDUCATION.
>LEARN WHAT AN OPINION IS. LEARN WHAT A FACT IS. LEARN WHAT KIND OF OPINIONS ARE FALSIFIABLE AND WHAT AREN'T.

>You have to be able to test an opinion in an experiment to prove it right or wrong
You sound like an adolescent who just heard about Popper for the first time
>>
>>15299847
for >>15299321
>>
>>15299847
He sounds like someone who doesn't understand subjectivist fallacy. He is spouting safe space tier logic that you can't criticize something, as if calling it an opinion is some magic word that makes it immune to criticism.

I hope for his own sake he's just baiting, because if he believes this that's quite disconcerting.
>>
>>15299867
I love how he claims that it's us who wants a hugbox, but all of his posts are just variations of the same "Its just an opinion, you can't criticize it". Truly the height of hypocrisy. But that's what happens when you just have to keep posting but you have nothing of value to say. Always some fall back to "Its just an opinion", projection on everyone else or even worse "I was just trolling/pranking/joking/pretending to be retarded. haha got you! lolxddddd". Must be shameful to be a shitposter trying to save face.
>>
>>15299867
You can criticise but you're saying I'm not allowed to post it because it hurts your feelings. Literal safe space.
>>
>>15299847
You're stupid. The opinion is not objectively wrong or right.

I'm amazed at your stupidity unsble to grasp such simple info.
>>
>>15299527
You only want it because you're a butt hurt fanboy.
if you find it insufficient, don't engage.

Why don't you create your own threads and fellat logh non stop?
>>
>>15300428
There's literally two posts in this entire thread calling for mods and they're both in response to OP being part of the deluge of "Why was this so bad?" shitposts. If you want to have a decent discussion and/or express a different opinion, then you can do that, too. But shitposting is not appreciated, no matter how much you try to hide behind "Its just an opinion"
>>
>>15300500
I don't care if it's not appreciated. It's still an opinion.

You don't like it? Make your own thread.

Why is this so hard to grasp?
>>
>>15300510
It being an opinion is irrelevant. You can have an opinion in a shitpost, but it's still a part of a shitpost. Especially if it's the same shitpost over and over again. Just because its an opinion doesn't shield it from anything. If OP could express his opinion without shitposting, no one would care
>>
File: 1430413722987.png (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1430413722987.png
53KB, 500x500px
>>
>>15300510
Why is it so hard to grasp that if your opinion is stupid, even if it genuinely is your opinion, people have the right to call it stupid? People then are will within logical rights to say explain your stupid opinion to prove you aren't a shitposter.

It's entirely in your power to walk away and ignore that but you don't, you keep using the word "opinion" as a shield in which case your opinion is stupid and you are not posting anything conducive to facilitating discussion, aka you are shitposting.

I'm still holding out you are doing some juvenile baiting because you are going to have a rude awakening eventually if you think opinions work in the way you sewer positing.
>>
>>15301108
>even if it genuinely is your opinion, people have the right to call it stupid
Correct.

What's not okay are the attempts to censor any opinion that you don't like, in other words, safe space.
>>
>>15300532
So you're saying people only care when it's shitposting. Then OP can't be blamed because it's the only way he can get people to reply.

If you simply ignored this thread and put your fanboyism aside, OP wouldn't need to shitpost.

You engaged in shitpost, and you wonder why people continue shitposting.
>>
Jesus Christ. What's wrong with you idiots? Always gotta bite the fucking bait. It's bad enough that we don't have janitors but you just gotta make every shitpost thread go 100+ posts.
>>
>>15301441
I really wanted to just have a good LoGH thread which is why I tried to have constructive topics, was pretty foolish of me to not just let it die and try with a new untainted thread
>>
>>15301427
So you admit OP and the rest of the "Why was this so bad?" shitposters are attention-whoring faggots only out looking for (You)s and not any serious discussion?
>>
File: logh quite sober.png (342KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
logh quite sober.png
342KB, 640x480px
>>15301498
How drunk were you to think you can make a bait thread positive.
>>
>>15302205
I have to much faith in my fellow /m/en I guess. Also I might be retarded.

Really I just jumped at the chance of a LoGH thread.
>>
File: Kessler Alcholol.jpg (15KB, 379x379px) Image search: [Google]
Kessler Alcholol.jpg
15KB, 379x379px
>>15302263
We'll blame Alcohol anyways.
>>
File: Shaq Shrug Dance.gif (876KB, 355x325px) Image search: [Google]
Shaq Shrug Dance.gif
876KB, 355x325px
>>15294567
Yang's racism is so Chinese it hurts
>>
>>15295905
People would have thought Reinhardt was getting fucked in the ass by the emperor in return for military positions if his sister is not getting the royal dick
>>
>>15302302
Why not both?
>>
>>15300442
I would expect that level of criticism for shows I hate as well. When I do create my own threads I actually talk about the content of the show. If you just don't engage when someone does something shitty the world is a much worse place.
>>
>>15290762
Go back to school. Your English is fucking terrible.
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.