[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm just watching the original gundam for the first time,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: randomgooglescreenshot.png (223KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
randomgooglescreenshot.png
223KB, 500x374px
I'm just watching the original gundam for the first time, and what the fuck happened in episode 15?
>federation pilot distress signal
>they're tied to their seats and bleeding out
>one bleeds out as amuro is tending to them, then he gets ambushed by kids
>gets outplayed by the zaku, saved and has an island adventure (other pilot is forgotten)
>bad zaku attacks so good zaku fucking gut punches it to death
>amuro just horks doan's zaku into the ocean and he's like "yeah good job"
am I having a stroke? what the fuck happened with the pilots? did the kids or doan tie them up and leave them to bleed out, but save amuro? why didn't doan talk to amuro instead of being all stoic and shit? didn't white base know exactly where amuro was since they sent him there in the first place? how does getting rid of doan's zaku help anything, now he's stranded and defenseless for the next attack he himself says is gonna come
I mean I get the thematic reasons, the story as a whole would have worked, and zak-fu was pretty fucking cool, but what the hell
>>
>it's another "let's complain about Doan's Island" thread
For fuck's sake
>>
>>15283001
>what the fuck happened in episode 15?
Tomino himself doesn't understand and asked you to pretend it never happened. It won't happen again.
>>
>>15283033
so it's for all intents and purposes a bad fever dream? well that's a relief
>>
>>15283001
I know this is sort of unrelated, but I'm watching the original Gundam movies and I just want to say that Brights english VA is pretty fucking good, all things considered. I didn't think this opinion deserved its own thread

That is all
>>
>>15283001
They can't find Doan if he doesn't have a mobile suit to ogle.
>>
>>15283043
>so it's for all intents and purposes a bad fever dream?

Yes. Shows have deadlines, with lots of rushing. Often some things aren't as well done as they sould be. In this case, this episode has tons of issues.
>>
>>15283001
I remember there used to be a video of Doan's Zaku that had the Hyper Mode theme from G Gundam playing when he did his MOBILE SUIT MARTIAL ARTS shit, which was great. But I can't find it anymore.

There is this, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BZ3DMH6Kik
>>
>>15283043
It wasn't even Tomino. That episode had a guest director, and apparently Tomino is really mad at that director for some reason. The fact that he dismisses Doan's Island is well documented, but when people ask him why, all he'll say is "He (the director) knows what he did."
>>
>>15283001
That's why you don't watch the trash anime.

Watch the movies, that's the story Tomino wanted to tell but wasn't allowed by Bandai
>>
File: 1429401037710.png (2KB, 210x195px) Image search: [Google]
1429401037710.png
2KB, 210x195px
>>15283466
>"He (the director) knows what he did."
that's so ominous it's hilarious
>>
>>15283466
Ok, so the only proof of Zeon doing something wrong isn't even canon?
>>
>>15283570
No, the show itself is still canon. Just not those episode.
>>
>>15283001
Just be glad it wasn't featured in the Movie Trilogy.
>>
Why was Amuro constantly seen wearing the tanktop and boxers but never shirtless?
>>
>>15283801
Because he's a slob of a nerd and never showers.
>>
>>15283473
Bandai wasn't even involved in the production of the first Gundam, you autist. The original story that Tomino wanted to tell was the one with a full 50 episodes and Degwin apologizing to Sayla before he was killed by Gihren.
>>
>>15283570
There's plenty of canon examples of Zeon committing war crimes. Read the novels.
>>
>>15284867
>Read the federation propaganda.
no thanks
>>
File: anime janai.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
anime janai.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Doan's Island is actually one of my favorite episodes, fight me.
>>
>>15285071
Zeek trash!
>>
>>15283445
I think that may have just been a clip from MSG Abridged's episode 15.
>>
File: zaku.jpg (33KB, 616x320px) Image search: [Google]
zaku.jpg
33KB, 616x320px
Apparently Cucuruz Doan's Zaku II is noteworthy enough to get an Extreme Vs Full Boost DLC.
With more of his Zak-fu no doubt.
Maybe the injured feddies were hostile, even towards children. That's why they were tied up to their seats.
I'm also currently going through 0079 for the first time, currently on ep28.
>>
File: GOD FIST BLOW.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
GOD FIST BLOW.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>15288366
you cant even begin to imagine the destruction he brings
>>
>>15288366
Doans zaku was in gundam battle universe, too.
>>
>>15283001
It's the worst episode of Gundam
Anyone claiming to like it is a hipster.
>>
>>15288366
Cucuruz Doan is the fucking best

Especially when he shows up in the strategy games alongside the G Gundam crew, and Domon teaches him how to unlock his Hyper Mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BZ3DMH6Kik
>>
File: 308296359549599744_35s_d.jpg (243KB, 680x638px) Image search: [Google]
308296359549599744_35s_d.jpg
243KB, 680x638px
>The one Good zaku
>>
>>15283473
By your logic he shouldn't watch the anime or the movies, he should read the novels in their full unadulterated Tomino glory
>>
File: 1119520581327.png (764KB, 700x718px) Image search: [Google]
1119520581327.png
764KB, 700x718px
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.