[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or does Victory Gundam look like shit? Just started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Vgundam.jpg (28KB, 230x302px) Image search: [Google]
Vgundam.jpg
28KB, 230x302px
Is it just me or does Victory Gundam look like shit? Just started to try watching it but it looks so ass.
>>
Welcome to early 90s TV anime.
>>
>>15280192
There is no shading on the characters and the non-titular mobile suits, but the background art is amazing. Also the lack of shading might feel ugly at first, but it actually fits Victory's seemingly childish themes like a glove.
Victory's direction is great, just give it a try.
>>
>>15280192
welcome to not watching anything /m/ because of bad animation, the door is over there.
>>
>>15280210
This, it's an aesthetic decision that really grows on you as you watch.
>>
>>15280223
>implying the animation is bad
The only issue with Victory's art department is the lack of shading. Other than that, it has great production values.
>>
File: 54534265.jpg (415KB, 1273x1437px) Image search: [Google]
54534265.jpg
415KB, 1273x1437px
>>15280195
>>
File: Crazy_Shading.webm (3MB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
Crazy_Shading.webm
3MB, 704x480px
Tomino spent all the SHADING on Fuala+her mechs and I'm not even memeing.
>>
>>15280248
I like the originals better. All that shading makes it looks like the characters have oil all over their bodies.
>>
It has the best fight scenes of the franchise though. Every episode hss different choreography and they are all fun
>>
>>15280258
Fuala was great.
>>
Is it just me? Or does the animation get better as the series progresses?
>>
>>15280493
Victory is probably the entry I enjoyed the least, but I must agree. Whatever Victory's faults, repetitive or unimaginative action scenes are not among them.
>>
>>15280526
Still better than Zeta.
>>
Something about how the film type used switched early on.
>>
It was pretty good. Probably in my top 10 or 15 though. Sometimes it seems they forget about the plot, some of the characters are stupid (I hate Katejina), some characters are cut and dry knock offs of others (Chronicle), characters are constantly kidnapped it almost becomes tiring (oh, hey that's ironic), and the fight scenes aren't that much.

But if you get through all that you'll find some nice animation, catchy music, and some great characters characters. I especially like Uso. Uso's life is Shinji levels of depressing but he remains strong.

I quite liked it myself. Than again, I'm not that good of a critic. I mostly talk about what I like about the show and downplay the things I hate.
>>
>>15280591
Not really. Zeta is like Wing, they're both serious to the point where its funny. Victory isn't funny in its seriousness. That said, I do like the Victory and V2 Gundams more than the Zeta line. Though the Second Victory can shove it.
>>
Move aside Zeta.

Victory-bashing is going to replace the Zeta-hate threads.

Just wait.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.