[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are 10000 years enough for G, Wing and X to take place one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

Are 10000 years enough for G, Wing and X to take place one after another?
>>
File: GO DRAIGO GO GO GO.jpg (93KB, 709x500px) Image search: [Google]
GO DRAIGO GO GO GO.jpg
93KB, 709x500px
>>15273703
nope because we have this on on year 30k

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUAAM1WE3Ng
>>
>>15273703
Hypothetically, yes, but the more asinine notion is that the tech, cultures, and setting don't advance any more than it would between the UC, AC, or FC. There'd have to be some sort of ungodly cataclysm that keeps blasting us back into the fucking stone age or something. Just look how much we've developed in the last 1000 years irl. You're talking 10x as much time as it's taken us to go from steam engines and telegrams to fission engines and smartphones, and that's with them starting with tech equivocal to what we already have.
>>
File: turn a.png (1MB, 996x1440px) Image search: [Google]
turn a.png
1MB, 996x1440px
>>15273703
Curiously enough, in the movie versions the date halved. And if you use the logic that the movie compilations of the shows are the canon ones, then the canon date must be 5,000 years.
The line is changed and everything. From "一万年" to "五千年" with the rest of the line also slightly altered.
Why?
Who knows.
>>
>>15273836
And so you know I'm not bullshitting, the timestamp for the TV series is 07:40 for the [EG] BD release, and 51:35 for the 2nd Turn A movie (Moon Butterfly) release by OZC.
And this isn't just a case of the subs being wrong, because the Turn A films got official subs a while ago and the actual spoken line is changed.
>>
UC>Wing>X>G>IBO>AGE>Turn A>G-reco. No idea where SEED or 00 would fit in tho
>>
>>15273818
And there's the whole "00 directly contradicts the UC timeline in mutliple ways."

The whole "one linear timeline" concept is stupid to begin with.
>>
>>15273836
>>15273896
why would AUs created after Turn A reside in the same universe? no where is this implied
>>
>>15273703
It's all fantasy, fiction, doesn't exist.

So yes.
>>
>>15273927
Actually, SEED had an easter egg implying Turn A happened in the same universe as it.
>>
>>15273703

>All these frilly collars triggering my vintage dress fetish

I really need to watch Turn A sometime.
>>
>>15273945
The easter egg is that the moon bases look identical to each other, correct?
>>
>>15273703
Turn A is so boring no wonder it almost killed the franchise
>>
UC>AW>AC>FC>CC

No Seed, no 00, no AGE, no IBO.
>>
>>15273896
Wing comes before X?
No sir, I do not like it. I do not!
>>
>>15273818
Literally the entire point of Turn A Gundam? The whole idea is that humans, no matter how much they strive for a phony notion of "world peace" will always destroy themselves in the end. At the end of every Gundam timeline is a cataclysmic event or at the very least a mass degeneration (the prime example of this is Victory -> G-Saviour -> Reconguista). So even with 00 and all of its bullshit idealism about "muh understanding" it still doesn't contradict the Black History in any way (save for how it's called Anno Domini and that AD was technically supposed to lead directly into UC) because at the end of 00, despite muh alienos and muh understanding the humans still destroy themselves.
>>
>>15274103
thing is Turn A is so boring that who cares?
>>
>>15273896
Turn A > G Reco doesn't work though. I know Tomino said it, but he contradicted himself, G-Reco, and literally everybody else involved with G-Reco in saying it. He was wrong or giving a flippant answer on purpose.
>>
The real mystery is how and why so many mobile suits persisted into Turn A. No matter how advanced, to even be salvageable for the slightest bit of scrap they'd have to be significantly younger. Even something as simple as a sword can't last that long without becoming useless, so how would a mobile suit with all its delicate electronics stand even a chance of being repairable? No amount of moonlight or butterflies can fix that.
>>
>>15274138
They handwave that away by saying Borjarnon and Kapools are just replicas of the older machines.
>>
>>15274146
Too simple. There's something deeper here Tomino wanted us to see. I know it.
>>
>>15274161
Nah, I just think Tomino doesn't think any of these sorts of things through. See >>15274133
>>
>>15274133
Except it does. The space elevator is built on the remains of the ruined one from Turn A, and the Moon race start the whole battery trade thing to prevent another stupid war from happening. The whole Kuntala thing is from during the Dark History. Earth society has advanced too.
>>
>>15274103
>because at the end of 00, despite muh alienos and muh understanding the humans still destroy themselves.
You got something to back that up? The end of 00 showed that regular humans, ELS-cyborgs and Innovators were getting along just fine.
>>
>>15274225
So how do you explain the wreckage of OYW mobile suits in Jaburo? And why do they always talk about the Universal Century instead of the Dark History?
>>
>magic nanomachine bullshit
yeah totally
>magic nanomachine bullshit keeps robots fresh even in milk
woah wtf bullshit
>>
I'm just realizing how similar is Turn A Gundam to Megaman Legends.
>Far future
>Almost idyllic setting overshadowed by hindsight war horror backstory
And G-Reco is Megaman X8 with the space elevator bullshit.
>>
>>15274288
Because the "Dark History" was called such because it was unknown to them. After Turn A they have unearthed enough records that they actually know what to properly call things.
>>
>we'll never see a Gundam series with an interstellar civilization
inb4 retards who say that would be a macross rip-off
>>
>>15274404
That doesn't make sense. That'd be like if I referred to everything before 2000 as Ancient Greece.
>>
>>15274489
See the OP and the other pics. They knew full well in Turn A, towards the end, to call it "Universal Century".

>like if I referred to everything before 2000 as Ancient Greece.
No, it'd be like you referring to everything before 2000 as "The Past". But yes, grouping in all the other timelines under UC might not be the smartest thing to do.
>>
>>15274103
00 SEQUEL FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>15274872
I'd rather a series of OVAs set both before and after the main series. There's a lot of interesting moments in the timeline that they could fill in. I know that there's the mangas but they'll never be in Engligh.
>>
>>15273703
No, and that theory is bollocks. Tomino didn't watch the AU shows he just made the assumption that somehow that fit into his Gundam universe and said 'yeah they happened, I guess' without bothering to show this in any way when making Turn-A and that is the end of it. Fact is it makes no sense for those timelines to have happened. The closest possibility is that those same mobile suit designs later showed up in UC timeline, but the events did not happen as you saw them in the show.

While we're talking about shithouse theories: Corin Nander was not from the 'Wing era', the animators just threw in Wing Gundam, the most popular Gundam at that time' as an easter egg and nothing more. I bet Tomino didn't even notice it.
>>
>>15274460
I dunno, I always really liked the "small" (in sci-fi terms) scale of Gundam. Even with the resources to settle space and harvest hydrogen from Jupiter as fuel we still can't work out FTL, >SOREDEMO
It manages to maintain some sort of optimism about humanity's future even though we're still trapped by immense distances and still a warlike people. Provided gundam works around how we get organic compounds (looking at you, phosphorous) in space, it's a future in which mankind is almost extinction-proof.
>>
>>15274872
please man im sick of 00
let it die already
>>
>>15274225
I think the Kuntala thing happened between the shows or else they wouldn't be crying about it like space jews
>>
>>15275048
Isn't Stargazer potentially FTL, or at least relativistic speeds? The idea was to send an AI-powered Gundam to probe Alpha Centauri or something, right? If shit finally settled down in CE, they should be able to knock that out in a decade or so.

>Shyamalan mode: ELS was waiting for them
>>
What if they were just in-universe anime and Corin was a huge Wing fan?
>>
>>15274460
The closest we got to that was 00, but only in the end of the movie. The idea of everyday mobile suits all being on the same power level as the Qan[T] is terrifying, though, and any conflict in the era of intergalactic warp travel and moon-sized beam sabers would be fucking insane.
>>
File: mead turn-x.jpg (112KB, 564x744px) Image search: [Google]
mead turn-x.jpg
112KB, 564x744px
>>15274994
>>15283655
Corin was always really interesting to me. I assume he's from the time just before the Turn A wiped everything out, explaining why he was in cryosleep for so much longer than everyone else.

My personal headcanon is that Corin was the previous pilot of the Turn X, explaining why the Turn A triggers him so much.
>>
>>15273818
>>15273920
Well the whole point of the Black history is that the Turn A will revert humanity and wear down history. For all we know UC can be the last one before Turn A.

There's a large plot hole though: The whole point of mountain cycles is to resume fighting, but humanity somehow doesn't remember the past or ponder why they're there at all. You would think that given that Mountain Cycles exist the people from the past would keep blueprints/data/tech safe.
>>
>>15286373
The bigger question is, what exactly constitutes "technology" that the Turn A destroys? Do metal tools count as tech? What about simple machines like screws or pulleys? I would imagine there's a lot of physical records left behind from the past centuries, where are all of those? Paper documents? Metal engravings? If it's simply anything artificial, how do the nanomachines differentiate between natural shit and manmade shit?
>>
>>15286535
>Do metal tools count as tech?
Swords do, at least.
>>
>>15286535
I think it's just a bad translation or something because it's a very odd distinction to make. Fundamentally there wouldn't be any difference or at least not much of a difference between natural or artificial materials when nanomachines are disassembling them on a nanometer scale.

I think what they meant was that the moonlight butterfly destroyed most of the society and technology on the face of the earth, and that effectively reduced the survivors on Earth back to stone age technology. Whatever that was left was either useless, buried and unreachable, or couldn't be used on their own. That makes more sense than nanomachines that only target and disintegrate manmade objects.
>>
>>15273703
Multiple timelines all lead to Turn A. They don't take place in sequential order.
>>
>>15287177
A better question is do the nanomachines disassemble organic matter or only inorganic? Did the Turn A melt most of the Earth's population?
>>
>>15286373
>humanity somehow doesn't remember the past
I too remember when my ancestors made the Pyramids
>>
I liked her
>>
>>15286080
>everyday mobile suits all being on the same power level as the Qan[T]
this needs to be made into a series
>>
>>15293827
The Sakibure is classified as a civilian workloader, yet it has ELS components and is capable of Trans Am and quantum teleportation, meaning that it has a power output equal or greater than the 00 Qan[T]'s Twin Drive. And the Sakibures are the lightly armored unarmed mobile workers of their time - imagine the sheer destructive power of making a combat-based unit from its design. A series in which even gruntest of grunt suits can defeat 90% of Gundams from other series would be something very different.
>>
ive never bought the "unified timeline" thing anyway
to me Turn A's black history is some untold mix of everything that came before it (and retroactively SEED i guess?) that only really works by changing shit.
id say its the same for G Reco but i know fuck all about G Reco
>>
>>15274489
Just to put some things in perspective the Roman Republic and Empire lasted about 2000 years, yet has only been gone for about 600. In the grand scheme of say, a 10,000 year expanse of time it wouldn't be so crazy to assume that to humans living ten thousand years from now that either their lines of empire to empire would be blurred or that they would be so advanced that all our "achievements" to them would be indistinguishable from what the romans had. I know it sounds crazy...but maybe we aren't the independent adults you think we are and we may still be shitting our culturally developed pants so to speak to them.
>>
>>15286080
Which is where G Gundam comes in.
>>
Black history is just a DVD collection of a gundamtard weaboo.
>>
>>15274236
Yes, Turn A Gundam happened
>>
>>15274225
It's clearly UC -> Greco, everything that happens in the show supports this. Kuntala is likely referring to the food crisis that plagued CONSENT during the UC 200s and the gundam is called G-Self like the G-Saviour, for starters.
>>
File: pussypuzzlepuff.png (30KB, 533x572px) Image search: [Google]
pussypuzzlepuff.png
30KB, 533x572px
What did Yoko Kanno mean by this?
>>
>>15297471
Or it is short for Gundam Seraph with Japanese inflection on the Hebrew word. A seraph being a high angel said to have six wings of fire, sound alike the g-self when it has the perfect pack and seen with the effect parts aye?

>>15298704
Obviously she was talking about going down on a girl as an adult and how you grow out of that time, yet...you remember it fondly and could go back to it anytime unlike the Magic Dragon who is long gone and you can't be a child again. PSA: Go eat some pussy fellas
>>
File: 1475187113375.jpg (215KB, 1280x1521px) Image search: [Google]
1475187113375.jpg
215KB, 1280x1521px
>>
File: GBF-1.png (145KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
GBF-1.png
145KB, 320x180px
Turn A Gundam happens thousands of years after Gundam Build Fighters.

The "Black History" is just a collection of Gunpla Battle recordings.
>>
File: vlcsnap-452315 (1).png (256KB, 581x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-452315 (1).png
256KB, 581x480px
>>15302472
Mountain cycle machines don't rust and moonrace machines are hollow because they are literally 1:1 sized Gunpla.

Corin Nander was that German Gunpla Fighter that got NTR'ed by Felini too many times.

Turn A ends up being a fictional work in GBF but GBF results in Turn A. Therefore TURN A TURN, TURN A TURN, TURN A.
>>
>>15274029
>Turn A is so boring no wonder it almost killed the franchise

UC taliban greybeards is what's killing the franchise
>>
>>15302472

Wrong because Sunrise bandai confirmed already that GBA is Gundam Sovngarde
>>
>>15273896
Not possible.

There are 500 years between Universal Century and Correct Century.
>>
>>15273836
>And if you use the logic that the movie compilations of the shows are the canon ones
What are you, black knight?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.