[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Official Sentai Sequel >Korean Production >Directed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

>Official Sentai Sequel
>Korean Production
>Directed by legendary Sentai director Koichi Sakamoto

Is this a new milestone for a Sentai?
>>
While Sun Vulcan is set in the same world as Denjiman, it wasn't really a sequel. More of a spin off than anything.

This seems to be an honest to goodness sequel.
>>
You know things are looking bad for Sentai when they have to resort to doing this. I guess two consecutive years of shitty toy sales (and a probable third) and an ever declining viewership is hitting harder than we though.
>>
>>15273846

We knew things were bad like 5 years ago. That it took this long for them to make a sequel to try and capitalize on any small measure of success is the only real surprise. Though I suppose they had to find something they viewed as even slightly successful enough to justify it first.
>>
>>15273846
I'll be surprised if Sentai doesn't sing and dance into its grave after the Olympics. If not even toys based on 88 constellations will help, what will? It's not like they can have Red show up during 100% of the show's screentime.
>>
>>15273420
Not really, Zyu2 is basically the same concept but with more than 12 new episodes and America instead of Korea. It's not like this is a Japanese sequel or meant for a Japanese audience, it's new material for a foreign audience made in a foreign country like literally anything original in Power Rangers.
>>
>>15273420
>>Official Sentai Sequel
Wait really? I thought it was a korean power rangers thing.
How can a korean production be a sequel to Kyoryuger?
>>
File: 254.jpg (108KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
254.jpg
108KB, 800x800px
nonono it's a typo
they're "Koryoger"
>>
>>15273420
I wonder how this factors into the licencing agreements with Saban and Shout Factory. Do they get the US broadcast/DVD rights to this stuff? Could Saban roll out Power Rangers Dino Ultra-Charge with this suit footage if they wanted to?
>>
>>15273906
Probably. As long as Toei gets paid for the footage and Bandai gets money from the toy sales.
>>
>>15273881
Because Korean "Power Rangers" are just dubs of Sentai. This is a Sequel to Dino Force, their dub Kyoryuger, and Toei is treating it as an official Sentai. It was filmed both in Japan and Korea with a mostly Japanese crew.
>>
>>15273865
>>15273863
To be fair, after running for 42 years isn't it time to put Sentai to bed? It's clearly not as appealing to the youth of today as it used to be, and I don't see it's performance improving in the future. There's going to come a point in the near future were the toy sales are so bad and the viewership so low that Toei has no choice but to end it, I think.
>>
>>15273943
They should take a break then do a bug sentai as the return.
>>
>>15273948
Anon, Metal Heroes was given a break. Hasn't come back since.
>>
This isn't signs of anything you dipshits

The show itself is, like, TWELVE FIFTEEN MINUTE EPISODES

Wow, Toei's putting a lot of funding into this, they REALLY need this to succeed! Also check out this email my grandma forwarded me, it has to be true look how many fwd's are in the subject line!
>>
>>15273960
KR took a break and came back
>>
>>15273960
That doesn't count!
>>
>>15273988
True, but that was legitimately because it didn't have any shows on air for a while and had mostly the SD stuff to carry the brand until Kuuga.
>>
>>15273960
there was zaido
>>
>>15274020
That's even less acknowledged than Kabutack and Robotack, and for good reason.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.