[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say Getter Emperor was the same size as Tengen toppa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8413.png (348KB, 540x616px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8413.png
348KB, 540x616px
Let's say Getter Emperor was the same size as Tengen toppa Gurren Lagann or Grandzamboa. Would he be able to take one or the other in a fight?
>>
>>15271770
Yeah sure.
>>
>>15271770
Considering that one power chart, it doesn't need to be bigger
>>
yeah sure, why not.
>>
>>15271770
>nigga already been shot up
>fighting anyone
>>
>>15271770
but getter emperor already reached the size of the universe once.
>>
A planetary-sized Emperor already has more energy than the big bang. TTGL was nearly destroyed by an attack that supposedly had the same power as the big bang, only saved when Lord Genome sacrificed himself to absorb the energy. In the movie with the increased number of pilots, this allows TTGL to grow into a form 100x bigger.

Emperor needs to make physical contact to begin devouring TTGL. TTGL needs to Lagann Impact Emperor to take it over, but to do that the pilots need to produce enough spiral energy to overtake the machine. A machine with more energy than the big bang, more energy than the pilots ever produced by themselves.

Then there's something about time dilation and TTGL only existing in a specialized universe. So yeah, I'm giving this to normal sized Emperor.
>>
>>15271770
Let me inform you about these power level thingies

Getter Emperor's power: Infinite

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's power: Infinite

Infinite = Infinite

No one wins it's a tie.
>>
>>15271993
>all infinities are equal
Retard.
>>
Spiral energy depends on willpower

Getter energy is a multiversal benevolent force that constantly evolves and shapes realities so it can become Getter Emperor.

Kinda obvious who wins here
>>
>>15271993
The two incredible powers collide

Everything dies

The only survivor is Boss Borot
>>
>>15271770
Let me show you how it will go:
He slaps them once, and then they become part of his junk
>>
>>15271770
Getter's purpose is to become the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.
To that purpose it actively exterminates non-compatible species while it uplifts/evolves compatible ones to sentience. The people who uses Getter, the more Emperor's size grows once it incorporates those civilizations. It continues in this way until it literally becomes the universe itself.

Its kinda like the plot of Xenogears actually, except ramp up to a galactic scale.
>>
>>15272001
Please enlighten me the differences between both fictional giant robots infinite powers are different?
>>
>>
>>15271897
This is probably the fairest way to look at it. And when it comes to assimilation, TTGL requires the pilot to build his willpower, like when Simon had to charge his power level for an episode while Kittan distracted the enemy, while Emperor will just absorb you as soon as it comes into your general vicinity.
>>
Under special circumstances I can see STTGL winning, but 90%~ of the time I'd give it to Emperor.
>>
>>15272342
Let us not forget one of the main consciousness inside emperor is Ryoma. If we are talking who has more willpower Simon has no chance in winning an assimilation battle.

In fact I could see Simon jumping out and doing his final attack while shouting the same speech they always do when A Ryoma made of Getter energy comes out of emperor's head and punches Simon out.
>>
>>15271770
Getter Emperor's power is to absorb everything and grow forever while Gurren Laggan's point is just to grow forever when it needs
so they'd be stuck on a loop
>>
File: getter rays.jpg (226KB, 752x594px) Image search: [Google]
getter rays.jpg
226KB, 752x594px
i warned you about getter rays bro
>>
>>15272674
Why my nigga musashi always die
>>
>>15272611

I'm okay with infinite loop end, but its important to remember that Spiral Power doesn't just grow things bigger. Spiral Power is defined as potential made manifest. A little spiral power is just supernaturally good luck, a lot of spiral power can create matter from nothing, a huge amount of spiral power can change the nature of reality around it.

In theory, a large enough concentration of spiral power can just say "Getter Emperor's accuracy is 0%" and now Getter Emperor literally can't hit TTGL no matter how nonsensical that is. Fucking with probability was something spiral power did multiple times in the show.
>>
>>15273244
>Fucking with probability was something spiral power did multiple times in the show.
Problem is Getter Rays are an infinite source of energy that represents the universe and progress itself. And unlike the theoretical things spiral energy COULD do there are actual examples what getter rays can do that far surpass it. Getter IS existence itself, it is unclear since Ishikawa couldn't finish the saga but it's heavily implied emperor is an inevitability in all timelines because it's the universe influencing reality itself. Remember Saotome admits in Shin that not only did Getter tell him to market Shin Getter and how to make it, it might have been the will of Getter itself that told him to make the first one. Everything that happened in human history was Getter breeding a race that could give it physical form and interact with reality.

Getter Emperor could make black holes in his hands and that was the absolute minimum of it's power.
>>
>>15272037
>benevolent
>>
>>15271770
Getter is basically spiral nemesis given physical form. It is rampant, uncontrolled evolution.
>>
>>15272049
>implying Boss Borot didn't take them out in a suicide attack day 1.
>>
>>15273361
That's not what spiral nemesis was. Spiral nemesis was the event that so many spiral warriors harnessed spiral energy and created mass with it they would all become Galaxy sized and ruin the universe.

Getter is the universe and is trying to obtain the ultimate evolution and basically complete it's purpose by becoming perfect or constantly evolving/expanding/assimilating ad infinitum if it never hits a ceiling of perfection.
>>
>>15273396
>>15273361
This. Spiral Nemesis was just the inevitable result of every single spiral race eventually forming another new galaxy, thus creating a Big Crunch scenario with all that matter.
>>
>>15273396
>That's not what spiral nemesis was. Spiral nemesis was the event that so many spiral warriors harnessed spiral energy and created mass with it they would all become Galaxy sized and ruin the universe.

Uhmmm that's literally Emperor
>>
>>15273341
Evil monstrous alien plz go
>>
>>15274276
>Uhmmm that's literally Emperor
So you don't know what Getter Emperor is.
>>
>>15274528
No, you've already prove that you don't. Emperor is literally devouring all matter in space and growing until presumably it destroys the universe.
>>
>>15273396
In a way, Getter Emperor is very similar to the spiral nemesis.
>>
>>15272049
Texas Mack survives
>>
>>15274534
That isn't what Emperor is doing at all. Getter IS the universe.

>>15274572
Not really? Spiral nemesis is the fear that so many spiral warriors will make so much mass from nothing it will destroy the universe. Emperor is trying to achieve absolute evolution and will conquer/assimilate everything in existence to keep progressing until it is perfect. We don't know what it's end goal was but if anything it's to make everything one with Getter and achieve true evolution, so Getter is the universe trying to assimilate reality until it is the universe again but has all life forms working towards the goal of evolution.
>>
>>15274534
Emperor is more like Childhood's End. Spiral Nemesis is more like Africa, China, and India's populations.
>>
>>15274574
>Boss Borot
>Texas Mack

HEAVEN OR HELL
>>
>>15273289
>Getter Emperor could make black holes in his hands
It actually crushed a worm hole with its hand.
>>
>>15274696
>That isn't what Emperor is doing at all. Getter IS the universe.
Could you make it any more obvious that you've never actually read the manga? I bet you're the guy saying Emperor make black holes in his hands.
>>
I like to imagine that "Spiral Nemesis" is actually a robot like Getter Emperor. Like a darker green version of STTGL with spiked arms and a demon-looking chest face.

I'd draw it if I wasn't completely devoid of artistic talent.
>>
>>15274746
My mistake then, I was misremembering that scene.

>>15274757
Getter rays are a constant since the beginning of time itself. Getter literally influenced mankinds evolution possibly just do that they could give it physical form to become emperor. Getter rays are evolution, they are progress, they are a part of the universe's greater consciousness. We can only speculate what Getter truly is because it's not explicitly stated in particularly broad terms, but we do know is that it's end goal is to conquer the universe and use humanity to go down a never ending path of progress and evolution.

This is different from spiral nemesis being the threat that humans might use spiral energy to create so much mass it breaks the universe.
>>
>>15274827
>This is different from spiral nemesis being the threat that humans might use spiral energy to create so much mass it breaks the universe.

That is physically what Emperor does. It goes around absorbing planets, building up its getter energy and it will continue to do so until it destroys the universe, according to its enemies.
>>
>>15274827
> This is different from spiral nemesis being the threat that humans might use spiral energy to create so much mass it breaks the universe.

Spiral power is basically a virus that infects universes.

A little bit of spiral energy makes it into a universe. Under the right circumstances, spiral power is the final push from a bunch of chemicals into forming life. This is the origin of the spiral races: life which both instinctively seeks out spiral power, and creates it.

From this point forward spiral power builds up until the spiral races can use it directly, then then things explode forward in faster and faster progress. Eventually a spiral nemesis event happens, spiral power pops the universe from the inside like a bubble and the universe is destroyed... but that spiral power just spreads out to other universes and infects them and the cycle restarts.
>>
>>15272103
All infinities are not equal. Take two infinite series, one of all integers, and one of every single number in existence. They are both infinite, yet the second one is infinitely bigger than the first infinity.
>>
>>15275056
It growing physically larger is a byproduct of it's evolution, but it's not trying to destroy the universe. The point of Getter's villains is that progress/evolution can be viewed as great or wicked depending on your viewpoint. The Andromeda Country were space conquerors who had their own prosperous society that was extremely advanced but since they attacked humans/were not chosen by Getter they would not suit Getter's needs to keep evolving so Getter conquered/destroyed them.

Getter is morally neutral and only works towards evolving, but the Getter Robo Saga has always asked the question of "if we apply human morals and ethics is what Getter doing right?" The different viewpoints of the dinosaur empire or the Andromeda country are not necessarily wrong, they are the ones left behind by evolution and disparaged by Getter.

>>15275277
And that's not what Getter is. Getter literally is a facet of the universe itself that has existed since the beginning of time. Getter is progress, it is evolution, Getter is possibly the will of the universe itself.
>>
>>15276275
>Getter is morally neutral

I don't think that's true.

Getter is pretty fucking evil. It doesn't just advance itself, it actively seeks to destroy anything that doesn't benefit it or it simply doesn't like enough to keep around. "Anyone who isn't my slave/tool/food source must die" isn't neutral, the neutral thing to do would be to just leave them the fuck alone.

Getter only seems not evil to us because it decided humans are TEH BEST and it isn't killing the shit out of us. If we were literally any other race or faction in the universe, Getter being an evil force would be obvious. But because it happens to be a kinda cool deal for us personally, we don't want to call it evil.
>>
>>15276679

This. Getter is like the KKK, but replacing 'White Power' with 'evolution'. Its still explicitly racial superiority, just with magical wish fulfillment to make your race SO superior that you are literally a god and with imaginary villains dreamed up so you have someone to feel superior to.
>>
>>15276679
But Getter has no code of ethics. All Getter cares about is evolution, it will only destroy what gets in its way of evolving. Getter is also largely credited for helping create the universe as it is a universal force and could possibly the will of the universe itself.

Applying a code of ethics to Getter is arbitrary because it's not human and if anything is a higher form of existence. When anyone truly taps into Getter and becomes one with it they seem to agree when shown it's logic, that's why when we saw Gore inside of Getter he hated humanity and Getter but agreed with it.

You can't call a lion wicked because it hunts gazelle to survive, you cannot call Getter wicked if it has no moral siding. The argument can be made the Getter is wicked or righteous but there is no concrete answer, which is something I've always liked about Ishikawa's writing since he probes a lot of whether or not ethics are purely dependent on viewpoints.
>>
>>15272103
>>15271993
>I don't understand basic mathematics

kill yourself retard
>>
>>15276758
> When anyone truly taps into Getter and becomes one with it they seem to agree when shown it's logic, that's why when we saw Gore inside of Getter he hated humanity and Getter but agreed with it.

> Getter has the ability to assimilate anything it touches and makes it a part of itself, regardless of what it was before
> people that make mental contact with Getter suddenly agree that Getter is in the right no matter how much they hated it before

Hmmmmm, I WONDER if these two are related in any way?
>>
>>15276778
They could be brainwashed, but through the series it's said being connected to Getter let's you see everything it knows which is the entire history of the universe as well as the future.

Getter rays are a larger construct than humanity or anything living, it's quite literally comparing the universe to a human being and asking who has a more correct perspective.
>>
>>15276799

> he unironically believes Getter's self-aggrandizing smoke blowing

If Getter was the universe, or the will of the universe, it wouldn't need humanity to make itself strong. It latches on to forms of life it can control and makes them into tools to expand itself.

Without Getter compatible races, Getter is nothing. Like the Chaos gods from 40k, its nothing more than a big fancy parasite that claims omnipotence.
>>
>>15276820
You say that like Getter is some parasitic being that latched onto humanity. Humanity exists because of Getter, Getter was what evolved humans from mere apes in the first place with the goal to guide humanity to the foreseen event where it would create the Getter Robo so it can more directly interact with reality and push evolution forward. Humans are the children of Getter, its why we can evolve so rapidly and why we don't instantly die at the sight of the rays.

Getter used humanity to change from metaphysical to physical, it's the universe gaining a vessel to shape destiny directly.
>>
>>15274734
You're talking about that parallel works right?
>>
>>15276861

But it is. The very fact that there are so many races out there that are not created by Getter means that life and evolution isn't something Getter is responsible for. We don't need Getter nearly as much as Getter needs us.

Ignore the 'evolution' and 'will of the universe' rhetoric and Getter is a giant parasitic force co-opting humanity with the planned end goal of absorbing us until we are nothing but a mindless extension of itself and eventually its tools for destroying the universe.

Judge a man not by his words, but by his actions. The words used to describe Getter have some flowery language, but the actions of Getter are that of an evil force. Just one that happens to find us useful.
>>
>>15277026
That's all well and good but you talk as if Andromeda country of the dinosaur empire was some selfless societies working for peace. Both were just as willing to kill anyone that impeded their goals as Getter, but unlike Getter they were mortal beings. How is Getter a parasite to humanity when it created humanity? How is it surpassed by the enemies that have not evolved as far as Getter has im or evolve at the extreme rate that Getter does?

Getter is entirely a moral grey zone because it just wants progress and Getter is closer to a concept than a human understanding of a sentient being.

Judge a man by his actions, but Getter is not a man. Do you judge a storm for destroying a city that is in its path? Do you judge an animal that attacks something that interferes with its livelihood? Do you judge time for marching forwards, uncaring about those it leaves behind? Do you judge evolution for bringing the extinction of races that can't keep existing?
>>
>>15276275
Look, at a lot of your statements start drifting into fan fiction territory. Stick with the facts presented in the story, like I have. I don't need your conjecture. So do everyone a favor and just stop posting.
>>
>>15277196
What have I said that drifts into fan fiction territory? You are judging Getter like its a person. Getter literally is an analogy about how uncaring the world/time is about any living being as it will always keep marching forwards.
>>
holy shit I love /m/
>>
>>15277266
>What have I said that drifts into fan fiction territory?
>Getter literally is an analogy about how uncaring the world/time is
>>
>>15278019
Your calling Getter a parasite is far closer to fan fiction, friend
>>
>>15276768
THEY'RE BOTH FICTIONAL WORKS YOU FUCKTARD
>>
>>15276679
That's what evolution is mate
Those who can adapt is dead
In this context if you go against Getter, which is the manifestation of universal domination/ultimate evolution, you just gonna become material to those who can evolve
Don't slap a human view to a natural process and call it evil. That's just like calling storm fucking evil because it destroys everything in its way
>>
>>15279393
>Those who can't adapt
>>
>>15279393

But its not a natural process. It had to intentionally inject itself into our development to hijack or evolution. The human scientists that study Getter only call it evolution because its how WE evolved, but plenty of other races (and, indeed, even the apes that Getter found to manipulate in the first place) evolved without Getter's involvement at all. So Getter isn't synonymous with evolution, its just something that CAN be involved with evolution and in our case was.

Its not unthinking and amoral, because it MADE A PLAN. That means it has consciousness, and can be judged as any sentient being might. A storm is just a conflux of different events that happen to have a destructive effect. A storm doesn't choose to lightening bolt people it doesn't like.
>>
>>15281940
Nice fan fiction
>>
>>15281959
Yeah, I really wish people stick to facts from the story rather than coming up with their own convoluted and insane theories passed off as fact.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.