[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never really visit here, what does /m/ think of Custom Robo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Custom_Robo.jpg (321KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Custom_Robo.jpg
321KB, 1280x1024px
I never really visit here, what does /m/ think of Custom Robo? It's a longtime favorite of mine
>>
File: Rakansen.jpg (52KB, 343x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rakansen.jpg
52KB, 343x600px
Raddest bot.
>>
>>15271303
Pretty beloved series around these parts, the Gamecube version is one of the most fun mecha games out there.
>>
>>15271303
It's awesome. Played it on my dolphin emulator (worked like a dream on my piece of crap computer)

Story is meh but the robots and customization is sweet
My only gripe is that I wish they had more colors to choose from
>>
Rip, we'll never get another custom robo.
>>
>>15271303
Really should be more of these
>>
>>15271303
Most criminally underutilized Nintendo franchise.
>>
love the series, the gamecube one and Arena/DS were great fun.
>>
File: GXCE01-2.png (845KB, 1024x844px) Image search: [Google]
GXCE01-2.png
845KB, 1024x844px
One of my favorite games ever made, mechanically.

100% it three times, and I boot up every now and then just to play random modes.
>>
>I'm going to try emulation
>Alright, looks like I got dolphin set up
>Let's see how custom robo runs
>aaaand I beat the game again
10/10 GCN title.
>>
>>15271303
Loved the GCN game and the DS game, even if the latter had a buttload of problems, such as the terrible online functionality, and the lack of 2v2 team battles, 2-on-1/3-on-1 handicap matches, and 3/4 player battle royales due to the hardware limits and storage capacity of the cartridges.

Diorama mode was fun as fuck, though.

I'd kill for a new game on the 3DS or Switch, honestly.
>>
>>15274485
If Nintendo announced a new Custom Robo or Advance Wars for the Switch I'd drop $300 right then and there.
>>
>>15274485
Play 64-2 if you haven't done so.

It's untranslated but it's still mechanically a brilliant game and piss easy to feel your way through. I'd argue in some respects it's the best game in the franchise.

There was also a GBA game GX which whilst it is simplistic due to the limitations of the hardware does actually keep the feel of the battles pretty well.
>>
>>15274536
>Custom Robo SWITCH!
>Emphasis on Tag-Team battles and a new mechanic involving mid-battle parts-swapping.
>Brings back Misty Mirage robos, and emphasizes the Ghostly/Monstrous/Demonic aspect of the robos, and introduces a new Robo archetype to expand the roster even further.
>Every single non-illegal robo from past games are added to the base roster and updated visually.
>Past illegal robos return as well, but as postgame DLC because like fucking hell Nintendo would just give you beatsticks of games past like Hadron, Jameson, Rahu III and the Ray Warrior to breeze through the main game with. GOTTA EARN THAT SHIT EVEN AFTER YOU BUY THE DLC, SON.
>Alternate color palettes are brought back, with more than just four to choose from.
>Improved Diorama mode
>Protagonist is like the GCN one, in that they have an actual personality and dialogue, as opposed
>>
>>15274536
Same. Custom Robo would sell me the console easily.

There is an indie Advance Wars game coming to the Switch, although it's got a fantasy sorta theme to it instead of military.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_O9Py2QK3E
>>
Whoever likes Custom Robo should give the LBX games a try. Slightly worse but when I can't play Gundam Breaker and need a mechanic fix on my 3DS it does the job.
>>
>>15275120
*mecha fix
I hate auto correct.
>>
>>15274177
This combo is fucking OP bullshit
>>
File: GXCE01-3.png (891KB, 1024x844px) Image search: [Google]
GXCE01-3.png
891KB, 1024x844px
>>15275532
I know, it's so nice and gross.

I adore it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.