[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The moment the director Kanda (Dougram, Vifam, Dragonar, Mellowlink)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: 08th_MS_Team.jpg (763KB, 3000x2170px) Image search: [Google]
08th_MS_Team.jpg
763KB, 3000x2170px
The moment the director Kanda (Dougram, Vifam, Dragonar, Mellowlink) died is the moment this show went to complete shit.

The guy who replaced him is Umanosuke Iida (Devilman OVAs, CB Character World OVA, Hellsing, Towa no Quon).

I'm conflicted. The Devilman OVAs were alright, but the second half of 8th MS Team made me want to kill myself.

Why do people hold this OVA in such high regards? I wouldn't say it's as bad as Unicorn, but it's definitely half way there.
>>
>>15263009
Yeah, it was pretty fucking horrible.

In my opinion they hold it in high regard because:
a.) It has beautiful animation
b.) It has a cool concept and style (even if the actual execution and writing are abysmal)

aka the reasons why most people like any shitty modern anime.

If you give people something and make it seem like it is great even if it is actually garbage, most people won't think deeply about it and will take it at face-value.
>>
File: 1473176461370.jpg (142KB, 600x852px) Image search: [Google]
1473176461370.jpg
142KB, 600x852px
>>15263036
You're right.

The Devilman OVAs could have been way better now that I think about it. I mean, the animation was top notch, but he did ruin the Jinmen fight by making it overly corny and cheesy. The Sirene fight was overly long for no reason as well. I'm glad he only directed 2 Devilman OVAs and not ruin the manga any further.

I can see the same problems being repeated in 8th MS Team. It was so fucking corny especially with the romance I couldn't take any more of it.

But Iida is dead too, so I guess it all goes to shit anyway.
>>
File: 1473176708479.jpg (110KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
1473176708479.jpg
110KB, 600x857px
>>15263082
>>
>>15263009
>Why do people hold this OVA in such high regards?

Same reason Wing and 0083 get held in high regards despite their questionable quality. For a lot of people it was their very first Gundam they saw while they were still young on Toonami.
>>
>>15263036
I actually liked a lot of their dirty filthy ground battles/guerrilla warfair and how they had to come up with tactics on the fly because shit happened.

That Romeo and Juliet shit could have fucked off though. Shiro was superior to either one of the love interests.
>>
>>15263082
>'m glad he only directed 2 Devilman OVAs and not ruin the manga any further.

Aside from Jinman I never had much of an issue with the OVA. Maybe that's just because every other adaptation of Devilman pisses all over the source material good or bad.
>>
File: modern anime.png (161KB, 1332x412px) Image search: [Google]
modern anime.png
161KB, 1332x412px
>>15263036
Saved!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.