[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /m/, I know nothing 'bout mechas but I wanna start in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: n6tcpEg.jpg (19KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
n6tcpEg.jpg
19KB, 396x385px
Hey /m/, I know nothing 'bout mechas but I wanna start in this world, can you guys recomend me some mangas, animes, movies, etc about this? I haven't seen anything about mechas
>>
File: 49b044fd.gif (2MB, 559x414px) Image search: [Google]
49b044fd.gif
2MB, 559x414px
Gundam, Mazinger Z and Getter Robo, that is where you wanna start.
>>
>>15261753
Thanks!
>>
>>15261750
>mangas, animes
The plurals of those are manga and anime, friend. Just a word to the wise because sticklers can get quite upset from that.

For tips on the Getter series there is two possible ways: read the manga then watch all OVAs in production order (Armageddon > SvN > New) or if you want to start with anime first start with Armageddon then read these manga > SvN > New. Either is viable in optimally enjoying the series and don't feel obligated to watch the Toei series since its not quite as good as the other stuff, except the OP which is godlike.

Oh and the manga is read in production order: Getter Robo > G > Go > Shin > Arc.
>>
>>15261750
Gundam 00 is the best introduction into mecha.
After that start watching UC gundam in production order.
>>
>>15261750
Have you already watched a lot of anime? Start straight with Mobile Suit Gundam 0079.
Are you new to anime? Start with any of those shows: Code Geass, Full Metal Panic, Fafner, Gundam 00, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
>>
File: Varg.jpg (4KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
Varg.jpg
4KB, 208x206px
Stop watching Gundam
>>
>>15261750
Yep, if you want to get your toe wet, start with Gundam 00. If you want to go the long haul, start with Gundam0079 and watch them in production order. Other than Gundam, just watch whatever looks cool to you, as long as it's production order.
>>
>>15261750
Don't frog post here, or use a name. It's bad etiquette.
>>
>>15261848
Would Varg pilot a Gyan?
>>
Watch Mazinkaiser then Getter Robo Armageddon.

Skip the rest if you hate politics.
>>
>>15261750
Legend of the Blue Wolves is what you need to watch.
>>
>>15261750
Getter robo
>>
File: M.D. Geist enters a disco.jpg (154KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
M.D. Geist enters a disco.jpg
154KB, 640x480px
>>15261750
MD Geist if you're a bad enough dude to handle an exhibition of 80's ultra violence and budget animation.
>>
The /m/ starter pack is
>Legend of the Blue Wolves
>Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy (no need to watch the series, lots of pointless filler)
>Robotech
>movies for Nadesico, Eureka 7, and Escaflowne
>Valvrave
>Superior Defender Gundam Force
Watch these and you'll be good. inb4 some troll tries to tell you otherwise
>>
File: 1481279270802.jpg (21KB, 326x216px) Image search: [Google]
1481279270802.jpg
21KB, 326x216px
>>15262731
I'm legitimately triggered by your post.
>>
>>15262679
Hey Rick
>>
>>15262731
valvrave is good though
>>
>>15261977

For sure

>This war -huh- wow
>>
>>15263754
So is Legend of the Blue Wolves, actually.
>>
>>15261750
Gundam is a good place to start start, you may want to try Votoms and Macross as well. ( I would recommend Dougram, but 75 episodes is allot).

Also for films and OVAS, try out Iczer 1, Gunbuster, the first two Patlabor movies, Megazone 23 part 1 ( and keep going if you like it), and Getter Robo Armageddon.
>>
>>15261818
This is awful advice. Why start solely with 2000s anime when some of the most memorable titles were done long before?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.