[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they ever equip the flagship with bits? Bits would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: ZABANYA_06.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ZABANYA_06.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
Why don't they ever equip the flagship with bits? Bits would give flagships the edge they need and allow them to become an strong independent flagship that needs no mobile suits to protect it.
>>
>>15258807
>00
>making any sense

kek, good luck trying to find anything well-written in that shitpile
>>
>>15259041
Bits aren't exclusive to 00 though, OP's pic is just an example.
>>
>>15258807
Thats what mobile suits are for
>>
File: G (18).jpg (335KB, 1467x975px) Image search: [Google]
G (18).jpg
335KB, 1467x975px
>>15259041
You retarded?
>>
>>15258807
The Ptolemy had a powerful GN field and a fuckton of weapons. It didn't really need bits.
The biggest issue it had was mobility.

Also like the other anon said, mobile suits make bits redundant.
>>
>>15258807
Mobile Suits are the bits
>>
>>15259165
But if you replace mobile suits with bits, that's a lot less space taken up and more room available to fuel/food/water/other essential things.
>>
File: Gadelaza_Weapons.jpg (2MB, 2430x3480px) Image search: [Google]
Gadelaza_Weapons.jpg
2MB, 2430x3480px
>>15258807
They have something like this in 00. It's just that they classified it under mobile armor but it still carries as much armament as your standard flagship with bits the size of mobile suits.
>>
>>15258807
Depending on your continuity, bits would require a dedicated newtype to be on board to act as the controller. And if we assume that this becomes the new battle standard, then it's likely that psyco-jammers, heat/beam wires, and i-fields would become more common to counter the enemy bitspam.

So capital ships stay further away from each other because of the i-fields, anti-beam particle fields, and jamming fields blocking their own and enemy bits. Thus, necessitating the use of piloted mobile suits to get up close and do damage again.
>>
File: Salamis early type.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Salamis early type.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
>>15258807
The "first" Salamis in UC was a ship that carried 24 "remote control laser satellites". I assume they're like drones or something, but more or less function as a precursor to bits.

Then along came minovsky tech and that killed off both laser weapons and self-guided weapons.
>>
>>15258807
Bits are pretty short range weapons.

Considering the lethality of space combat risking single pilots and MS is a hell of a lot more economical than a ship that'll die in a couple hits taking the hundreds of crew members with it.
>>
>>15258807
I feel this is where Zeon mobile armors were heading
>>
>why aren't mobile suit technologies ever applied to things other than mobile suits?

Gundam isn't exactly the hardest of sci-fi.
>>
>>15259041
Motherfucker, have you watched SEED Destiny? Compared to that mess, 00 is a masterwork in direction.
>>
Why didnt soldiers bring mini bits? They can use it as a firearm or use it as a drone with guns on a mission.
>>
>>15260851
This isn't Phantasy Star.
>>
>>The last four Gundam series devolved into funnel spam in the last episodes

>>In IBO everyone gets spike launchers

Although there's still like 5 episodes left
>>
>>15260897
well funnels are extremely useful
>>
>>15259499
What is that spindly, danngly arm used for? I don't recall it ever using it on the movie.
>>
>>15261382
Beam cannon.
>>
>>15260897

G-Reco had funnels, but I wouldn't say it ever had funnel spam. Their use was pretty limited from what I recall. Did anything other than the Perfect Pack even have them?
>>
>>15261453
G-Rach, G-Lucifer, that tripod.
>>
>>15260897
>The last four Gundam series devolved into funnel spam in the last episodes
so?
>>
>>15259165
Exactly this, its GN-field was a really fucking powerful energy barrier that could stave of a sustained siege, bits would've been a waste of time.
>>
>>15262577

Besides, they were fairly starved for funding and resources by the second season and movie if I recall, and had to cannibalize the season two mechs to make the movie ones. When the choice is between mechs with bits and a ship with them they went with mechs, since mechs are more versatile and can be in four places at once, to the Ptolemys one.
>>
>>15262598
Sustaining the GN-Field will deplete their energy reserves.
>>
>>15263327

Which doesn't actually matter when GN energy was one of the few things they didn't have a limited supply of given that true GN drives continuously generate GN energy. They might run out after a particularly draining move, but they'll just generate more given time. Having bits would only drain them faster, not give extra protection, since the bits run on GN energy and so does the computer that organizes them.
>>
>>15263365
The Ptolemy didn't have a GN-Drive. Its feed off the GN Particles generated by the Gundams' GN-Drive when the Gundams are docked inside the Ptolemy. Sustaining a GN-Field is also more demanding than sustaining bits.
>>
>>15263402
You'd think it wouldn't have been that difficult to incapacitate some A-Laws suits and gank their GN Tau drives. Even as just an emergency backup supply.
>>
>>15263402

I didn't say the Ptolemy had GN drives, only that their supply of GN energy to feed the various systems was sustainable and regenerative. Which it is. A GN-field is also more effective a defense in many ways than bits.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.