[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this so good? I probably had the best experience watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: s-l1600-693.jpg (486KB, 1135x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600-693.jpg
486KB, 1135x1600px
Why is this so good?

I probably had the best experience watching anime when I watched Zeta. It was a rare time in the Gundam franchise when the combination of character drama and mecha action blended perfectly.
>>
>>15258205
I don't know man. It is just incredibly well-written with a lot of subtle characterization I've yet to see again in the medium (so subtle that I think a lot of it goes over people's heads).

I could write an essay on Kamille and Char. Jerid was also a stand-out as a more stark and realistic rival character.
>>
>>15258205
Nice b8
>>
>>15258205
>>15258267
This. The visuals were also gorgeous and ahead of their time.
>>
>>15258267

Unfortunately people who watch anime for the sake of pretending to have friends through it find shows with "unlikable" characters unacceptable. So subtle or not, the generally maladjusted characters of Zeta get written off as being bad for no good reason.

It is amazing to watch Zeta after seeing it already and picking up relevant subtle character development going on in Reccoca 10+ episodes before her defection, and then seeing people complain that it came out of no where or made no sense to them.
>>
>>15258205
zeta is shit. IBO could be considered master piece when compared to this pile of steaming crap
>>
>>15259231
>people who watch anime for the sake of pretending to have friends through it find shows with "unlikable" characters unacceptable
That's a pretty bad accusation. Most of the people who dislike characters being "unlikable" are the friendless neets who just watch anime for cute girls.
>>
>>15258205
I just started watching this yesterday and nothing makes sense

Char is under a different name and aboard a White Base clone
Earth Federation force flies Zakus and so do the Titans
Why didn't they let Kamille kill Jerid
Why did Kamilles dad want to to back and try to kill his son
Why did they build up Lila to kill her off in like 7 episodes
The dialogue doesn't make much sense, everyone speaks in riddles
Mobile suits explode off screen
AEUG, titans, and Earth Federation are all 3 separate entities
Char is somehow a worse pilot
The battles are really lacking and shallow

This is a complete 180 to 0079
>>
>>15259310
Exactly, and it is those people who use anime as a substitute for friends, and hence don't want "unlikable" characters in what they watch,
>>
>>15259269
Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not say hateful things that we can't take back, especially when they're untrue.
>>
>>15259398
>Char is under a different name and aboard a White Base clone
Char wasn't even his name to begin with

>Earth Federation force flies Zakus and so do the Titans
Ill agree this is dumb, buuuut the EFF has already been using Zaku2 in an aggressor/opfor role as well as being hastily deployed into actual combat. The Hizack is made by Anaheim, which took on ex-zeon staff after the OYW. Though really what it boils down to is having the bad guys have bad guy suits.

>Why did Kamilles dad want to to back and try to kill his son
His one character trait is that he puts his career, personal accomplishment, and himself before his family. This shouldn't come as a surprise.

>Why did they build up Lila to kill her off in like 7 episodes
Because they are going to do that like three more times, and there are only so many episodes.
>The dialogue doesn't make much sense, everyone speaks in riddles
I'm not going to defend Tomino's wacky dialogue but i'm sure someone will.
>Mobile suits explode off screen
TV budget
>AEUG, titans, and Earth Federation are all 3 separate entities
The titans were essentially a paramilitary wing of the Oligarchy controlling the EF, extremley similar to the Schutzstaffel and it relationship to the NSDAP

>Char is somehow a worse pilot
Char had lost his edge by the time Gelgoogs were rolling out, and he gets by purely because he is the most experienced living mobile suit pilot.

>The battles are really lacking and shallow
>This is a complete 180 to 0079

It didn't allows for some of the wacky mobile suit kung fu choreography of 0079, but I still think Zeta holds up.
>>
>>15259923
Wow you answered everything
Its getting better as I'm progressing through, they just introduced Kai so now I'm happy
>>
>>15259398

>Char is under a different name and aboard a White Base clone

Char is a different name from his real name, the dude likes his alternate identities, who would have guessed ?

>Earth Federation force flies Zakus and so do the Titans

Because when you win the war you get the enemies tech.

>Why didn't they let Kamille kill Jerid

Not sure what part you are talking about? My guess is that they forced him to retreat because more enemies were coming, but I'm not sure what scene you are referring to.

>Why did Kamilles dad want to to back and try to kill his son

So he can be with his mistress and stay in favor with the Titans

>Why did they build up Lila to kill her off in like 7 episodes

So Jerid has a reason to hold a real grudge against Kamille. This is going to be very important as the plot moves forward.

>The dialogue doesn't make much sense, everyone speaks in riddles

Bad subs maybe ? Tomino has weird dialogue in general though.

>Mobile suits explode off screen

and ?

>AEUG, titans, and Earth Federation are all 3 separate entities

Kind of, the Titans are technically part of the EF, but are shown to begin to dominate the EF and not be accountable to them really. But why would that matter ?

How so ?

>The battles are really lacking and shallow

People say this but I found the battles to be better than 0079 some of the time and worse some of the time. Zeta is fast paced and focuses on long ranged beam rifle exchanges in medium sized squads, where 0079 had allot more rough n' tumble robot wrestling and melee duels. I find that by the end of the series Zeta turns out to be more dynamic on the whole in the way they use the environment and different kinds of tactics, but there is a problem with 10% or so of the battles where they kind seem like a few pot shots are taken with beam rifles and then everyone retreats. I think the first great battle comes at episode 13. A few of the battles match up with the best in MSG.
>>
>>15259950
>How so ?
He fights slower, nothing like he did as the Red Comet
I figured he would have tapped into his new type ability by now
Seems to miss a lot on these weak opponents

I dunno
>>
honestly i thought kamille was purposely letting him live because he was pathetic, but killing him for revenge was beneath him since he had already forgiven him as a dimwitted soldier
>>
Zeta is one of the most boring shows i've watched.The characters are one dimensional autistic trigger friendly assholes.The plot recycles itself constantly.The filler is the worst in gundam because the characters are so bad i didn't give a fuck about any of them and what useless shit they will be doing next.

Zeta only gets good near the ending.
>>
>>15260234
Because he's not in a red robot anymore.

Gold paint isn't three times faster.
>>
>>15258205
>tfw when i'm re-watching it right now
>tfw when i'm watching those exact dvd collections
weird
>>
>>15259920
prove me wrong
>>
>>15258205
>It was a rare time in the Gundam franchise when the combination of character drama and mecha action blended perfectly.

Dude stop using words whose meaning you don't even understand.
>>
>>15260234

That may just be a tech thing. But
Char always had top of the line MS in the OYW. In Zeta they give him a Rick Dias, and then something slightly worse than the MK II even when the enemies have way better mobile suits. He was'nt exactly scoring hits left and right in MSG either, that is in part because we see him only facing off against Amuro, but Char only ever really seemed to excel in close combat as an ms pilot anyways. Gryps war in Zeta does'nt have much close combat melee duels like in msg either. So it kind of makes sense that Char wouldn't be shining on the battlefield much.

From a production standpoint it is Kamille's show, so they give him most of the kills.
>>
>>15260933
>From a production standpoint it is Kamille's show, so they give him most of the kills.

That is such a lame excuse. Macross is Hikaru's show yet his best buddy is Mr. Ace while he is just a mediocre pilot. One of the problems (among others) is that Char as a character and ms pilot was demoted in Zeta. We can give it a pass when it comes to politics, but how can an ace like him lose his mojo ? Only to regain it magically in CCA ?
Kamille isn't even on the same level as Amuro yet he makes Char look like a green pilot on the battlefield. That ain't right no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>15260954
>Kamille isn't even on the same level as Amuro
[citation needed]
Char was just doubting himself and his ideals during that period and couldn't perform as well as before. That's all there is to it, really.
>>
>>15260954

>Kamille isn't even on the same level as Amuro yet he makes Char look like a green pilot on the battlefield. That ain't right no matter how you look at it.

Considering that Char often bails out Kamille when he is about to get wrecked, and continues to do so almost 4/5ths into the series makes me disagree with this statement.

Yeah Kamille is better than Char, but it isn't by that much. Kamille get's more kills, but Char is still shown holding his own against enemies with far greater mobile suits and natural abilities than him, his skill cashes out in his sheer resilience and ability to persevere where other's in a similar situation would perish.

The guy survives a 2v1 against Haman and Scirroco in the best mobile suits in the series in a Hyaku Shiki, hell he could have taken out Haman if he did'nt decide that bantering was more important than finishing the job, that is pretty damn impressive.

>We can give it a pass when it comes to politics, but how can an ace like him lose his mojo ?

Char literally had no political presence in MSG, in Zeta he becomes the leader of AEUG. How is that a demotion ? Char does'nt lose his mojo either, I already explained why he seems less impressive in Zeta with the last post. That and Char does'nt even involve himself in combat for half the series because he is so often relegated to a command position that we don't even see him on the battlefield that much. And when he is on the battlefield half the time they just keep him in the back shooting a giant ass cannon when his specialty is close ranged combat.

>That is such a lame excuse. Macross is Hikaru's show yet his best buddy is Mr. Ace while he is just a mediocre pilot.

That's because Macross is a Gundam parody that took on life of it's own. It was a subversion of the genre for lolz.
>>
File: 022-4.jpg (372KB, 1280x1829px) Image search: [Google]
022-4.jpg
372KB, 1280x1829px
FIERCE
>>
File: 49368982_p0_master1200.jpg (394KB, 1000x1111px) Image search: [Google]
49368982_p0_master1200.jpg
394KB, 1000x1111px
>>15263618
fuck yea, 1/100 kit when
>>
File: 101.jpg (1MB, 2431x3487px) Image search: [Google]
101.jpg
1MB, 2431x3487px
>>
File: 092.jpg (2MB, 2437x3483px) Image search: [Google]
092.jpg
2MB, 2437x3483px
>>
File: 099.jpg (2MB, 2434x3492px) Image search: [Google]
099.jpg
2MB, 2434x3492px
>>
File: 1239934562502.jpg (90KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1239934562502.jpg
90KB, 500x500px
>>
File: kamille thinking.jpg (334KB, 895x1135px) Image search: [Google]
kamille thinking.jpg
334KB, 895x1135px
>>15271713
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.